Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default The firing line hb

Do they rent out hand guns?

I looked on their site and dot see rental prices or even listed.

I'm planning in going to rent and shoot s couple before I make my hand gun purchase to see if I want a 9 or a 45 and which hand gun fits me better...

If they don't where would be the closiest range with good veriaty of rentals near hb.

What's Your Caliber??

My Youtube channel
Old 05-15-2011, 12:36 AM
Veteran Member

They do, but it doesn't look like they have very many.
Old 05-15-2011, 1:37 AM

I was a member there. Make sure you bring a buddy with you if you're not a member. They're not allowed to rent out handguns to single shooters. Something to do with suicidal tendencies.

They've got most of the Glocks. 9mm SD, a SIG P220. I remember being disappointed with their selection of 1911's. I know they have like a shorter one, and a SA GI one. Some revolvers. Which guns were you interested in? You may want to give them a call tomorrow and have them list out which ones they have for rent.

Insight Shooting Range in Artesia has a much larger selection of guns, and the range facilities are nicer, fwiw.
Old 05-15-2011, 4:59 AM

Last time I was there I recall
44'mag, a 38, p226 9mm, HK 9mm, glock 22, some compact type 9mm and 40 cal glocks, xd in 40, 3 different kimbers in 45, I think a p229 and also m&p in 40. Oh and 22cal ruger

I used to be a member there. Their ammo their gun and it's $$$
Old 05-15-2011, 8:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvnqsrxk View Post
I was a member there. Make sure you bring a buddy with you if you're not a member. They're not allowed to rent out handguns to single shooters. Something to do with suicidal tendencies.

They've got most of the Glocks. 9mm SD, a SIG P220. I remember being disappointed with their selection of 1911's. I know they have like a shorter one, and a SA GI one. Some revolvers. Which guns were you interested in? You may want to give them a call tomorrow and have them list out which ones they have for rent.

Insight Shooting Range in Artesia has a much larger selection of guns, and the range facilities are nicer, fwiw.
How far from hb is that? And I'm looking to shoot the G21's... G17's... Sigs... Xd's... And maybe a 92fs... And a kimber.. I want to see which fits me both I'm really looking into a g21 sf but if I fit with another I of course want to look more into it.

What's Your Caliber??

My Youtube channel
Old 05-15-2011, 9:48 AM

The firing line is a solid place to try some weapons.I think you might benefit from the 9mil. Its a bit cheaper ammo wise. Good luck on your journey and welcome to club " debt". Is this place closest to you? Also if your not in a rush to purchase a gun. I think there's a monthly shoot at "on Target" this coming week. You can learn and shoot some gear from other cal gunners.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 AM

If you rent their guns, you have to buy their ammo. It can add up. I've rented their guns, bought a bag of their ammo, and shot my ammo as well to keep the cost down. They didn't notice and I don't think they really care. They have eye pro and ear pro to borrow for free and you can buy targets there for a reasonable price but you can bring your own. I usually use old office paper with pastie targets. I don't like shooting a 100 rounds through one target not knowing where any of my shots landed.

Anyways, they have Glocks, XD's, HK's, 1911's, some revolvers, and a few other stuff.

Last edited by UserM4; 05-15-2011 at 10:09 AM..
Old 05-15-2011, 12:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
lol.. Insight's better?..

I quit going to Insight years ago.. like the difference between going to Glamis or Pismo..

Firing Line is slightly more mature and less tolerant of some of the common indoor range shenanigans..

as for their prices.. about the same as the others.. reloads are reliable and cheap.. no complaints.. annual membership is awesome, mil-police family $125/year unlimited visits..

CK_32, if you can go on a Saturday evening, I can introduce you to the staff and I can bring all of what's on your list except the Glocks.. but I'm sure they'll have at least one of those..
Yea I'm pretty busy this month lots of fam b days and stuff at work. But I'll take you up on that one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liivid killer View Post
The firing line is a solid place to try some weapons.I think you might benefit from the 9mil. Its a bit cheaper ammo wise. Good luck on your journey and welcome to club " debt". Is this place closest to you? Also if your not in a rush to purchase a gun. I think there's a monthly shoot at "on Target" this coming week. You can learn and shoot some gear from other cal gunners.
No I'm not in a rush I'm exactly 2 months shy of 21. But plan on getting one the week after my birthday. Still not too comfertable having my AR as my HD gun. And I just want a hand gun

Ammo isn't really a factor in price due to my already being a reloader and this gun is for HD so if I have to bring a guy down I want to be sure I will.

And I'll look for that. Where is on target located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserM4 View Post
If you rent their guns, you have to buy their ammo. It can add up. I've rented their guns, bought a bag of their ammo, and shot my ammo as well to keep the cost down. They didn't notice and I don't think they really care. They have eye pro and ear pro to borrow for free and you can buy targets there for a reasonable price but you can bring your own. I usually use old office paper with pastie targets. I don't like shooting a 100 rounds through one target not knowing where any of my shots landed.

Anyways, they have Glocks, XD's, HK's, 1911's, some revolvers, and a few other stuff.
Yea I noticed that about having to use their reloads. I'm only looking to go through about 20 rounds through each gun to get an idea.

What's Your Caliber??

My Youtube channel
Old 05-15-2011, 2:06 PM

on target is in laguna nigel right off the 5 fwy

http://www.on-targetrange.com/

and btw, if you're reloading your ammo, i believe firing line doesn't allow outside ammo to be used in their rentals...must use their ammo, therefore, not cheap
Old 05-15-2011, 2:10 PM

On target is in Laguna Niguel. I gave you some bad info... The monthly shoot was this past Friday. Here was the post... Look for it next month in the oc chapter.

Here's the link,

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=425814
Old 05-15-2011, 2:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bline01 View Post
on target is in laguna nigel right off the 5 fwy

http://www.on-targetrange.com/

and btw, if you're reloading your ammo, i believe firing line doesn't allow outside ammo to be used in their rentals...must use their ammo, therefore, not cheap
Oh yea I mm that. I'm saying going with the 45acp instead of the 9mm is fine because I reload the little extra cost for 45 is ok with me. I'd rather spend a little more and have put down power than save a few $$ and take a chance with this guy being the hulk and walking through my 9mm

What's Your Caliber??

My Youtube channel
Old 05-15-2011, 9:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvnqsrxk View Post

Agreed
Old 05-15-2011, 10:05 PM

ive shot at firing line in HB a few times only because its local. if they would stay open later and gas prices fell dramatically then i would go to burro atleast once a week. not much to say about firing line rly. admission is $18 for the first person and $9 for the 2nd person per lane. rentals are 10 bucks per gun + u gotta use their reloads and u need to bring a party of atleast 2 to rent. members can have freebie rentals as long as u use their reloads. the hangers are electrical so flip the switch to move it forward or back all the way to 25 meters (?). the RO could be anal about small stuff like the ex. they would get at you if you accidentally open the double doors linking the lanes to the lobby at the same time. you would have to open one door leading to a small ~3'x4' room, close that door to open another door in front of you to the lanes. the small chamber is like a buffer from all loud gun shots getting out. they're really stern on the one second per shot interval too. wanna practice ur double taps? they gonna say something for sure. overall they're friendly ppl but they will not let you do good training on ur rapid follow up shots. also theres coupons on their website that knocks off $3 bucks on admission.

rentals itself looks like in fair condition. rent them to get a good feel as ergo and recoil goes but dont base ur purchasing decision on the actual performance with them. a lot of them arent clean too thorough and who knows what kind of ammo and how many rounds through the barrels of the rentals. selection is ok with a majority of them being the mainstream ones (XD, glock, thought i saw a couple of 1911, m9fs...) ammo like any range is FMJ/ball ammo, brass only. no steel core, no bi-metal and no steel casing. they want brass to reload.

though their website says 18+, you actually have to be 21+ to rent the firearms AND the lanes. if your under 21 you have to bring someone thats older AND has firearm experience so trying to bring ur typical soccer mom or what have you isnt gonna fly. if you want more than one lane than its going to have to be more than one experienced person supervising. i was the only gun owner in my group (of 6 btw) and was only allowed to rent one lane. even though they say max 2-3 person per lane, they let all 6 of use share since it was a slow day (which i do not recommend, rotating shooters takes a while and takes off the "competitiveness" of trying to shoot a better group than the buddie next to you.)

they have a pretty nice lobby to hang out and stuff since admission is for the visit and not by time. they have coffee and snacks from time to time and the tv panel is usually on.

Last edited by FuzzyBrows; 05-15-2011 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: adding on more info
Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 PM

take the time and drive to insight. spending 20 bucks an hour at firing line is overkill. insight has a huge selection of rentals and only 15 for the whole day.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
take the time and drive to insight. spending 20 bucks an hour at firing line is overkill. insight has a huge selection of rentals and only 15 for the whole day.
i dont ever remember firing line charge by time. its always been all day one time fee and is it 15 bucks for access to the entire rentals or per firearm? i couldnt imagine them granting access to everything for just 15 bucks. they're gonna be doing overtime cleaning all the guns when the day is over.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
Super FUD. Its 18$ for unlimited time, 9$ for each additional person on your lane. Membership is 150$/year w/ free rentals if you don't own your own or needa try something; but you have to use their ammo. 3$ coupon always available online, and you can use it for each person, just print extras. Out of all the ranges I've been to (indoor), Firing Line has been the coolest, probably why i've gotten membership twice when living w/in 30 min of one.

If you don't like the price of something I am selling please feel free to move along... The market, not you, will determine what it's worth. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:14 PM

has it always been that why? i remember being charged hourly hence why my buddies and i never go there anymore.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyBrows View Post
i dont ever remember firing line charge by time. its always been all day one time fee and is it 15 bucks for access to the entire rentals or per firearm? i couldnt imagine them granting access to everything for just 15 bucks. they're gonna be doing overtime cleaning all the guns when the day is over.

sorry 15 plus 10 for rentals.