Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 02-27-2018, 3:52 AM

Default OCSD Application - ALMOST THERE

AROUND November - Initial application submitted via the new online system (the first week it was up)

Immediately received appointment for FEB 2nd

Did my livescan end of JAN

Unfortunately during this time i found out i needed surgery and i would be out of commission during the scheduled appointment, luckily two days before my surgery I realized I could reschedule the appointment online for an earlier date, which was rather annoying since i waited so long already... Rescheduled for the next day. Jan 29th if I'm not mistaken.

After the meeting i was told my GC was good enough, they even removed two items from it to make final approval faster i guess. I had an old restraining order that was no longer valid and a police report from a break in that they removed. My job was all the GC i needed apparently. They told me to do training, Told them it would have to wait until I'm all healed up (Approx 3 weeks) and yesterday I did my first class for the training. Qualified at the range and I'm so damn happy to almost be done with this long *** process. Next Monday i go in for the final class with Greg Block.

It's odd to have this thing no one is supposed to know about, my wife of course knows... but literally no one else besides my direct supervisor and a cop buddy of mine. I just needed to tell the world, sorry for making you read this pointless post.
Old 02-27-2018, 5:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

As it should be, OP. Concealed. Congrats!
Old 02-27-2018, 9:01 AM
Calguns Addict

I'd be interested to hear when you finally receive your permit. If you look at a recent thread called "December 2017," OCSD is currently taking about 2.5 months to do the final approval, even after the training requirements are completed. A couple guys got their final approval just last week after waiting since December.
Old 02-27-2018, 9:39 AM

Congrats, Op.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2018, 3:09 AM

I def wont be happy if i have to wait two months for final approval. Hopefully it will be quick. They already emailed me twice to ask if i finished training or not, they seem in a hurry.

Hopefully its not a hurry up and wait situation... ill update when i pickup my license
Old 02-28-2018, 9:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Congrats, OP. I would not even tell a supervisor... as they say... no I am not going to say it...
Carry safe...
Old 03-09-2018, 9:57 PM

Submitted my training cert last Monday the 5th of March got the call today to pickup. Now I am fully licensed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk