Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions > Shotgun Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun Gallery Post pictures of your scattergun here.

Old 11-28-2015, 7:45 PM
- DVC -
CGN Contributor

Default Remington 1100 Texas tactical

I found a nice, little-used Remington 1100 made in the early 1980s wearing a 22" smoothbore, rifle-sights slug barrel. A short time later I stumbled upon a you tube vid posted by a Texas 3-gun champ who used a wood-furniture 1100 against competition shouldering black, tactical shotguns. His only modifications were simple ones, supporting what is fundamentally a great semiauto design. I liked what I saw and decided to use most of his mods, except the side saddle, on mine. I'd rather try double-loading from a belt clip...

The changes I made are a combat bolt handle, a Dave's Metal Works "Easy Loader" (which requires a wee bit O' smithin' to install properly) and a Remington 2-shot magazine extension. I like to call it "Texas tactical". Yeehaw...

"....there never yet was any truth or any principle so irresistibly obvious that all men believed it at once. Time and reason must cooperate with each other to the final establishment of any principle; and therefore those who may happen to be first convinced have not a right to persecute others, on whom conviction operates more slowly. The moral principle of revolutions is to instruct, not to destroy." - Thomas Paine

.TOMMY ROBINSON WALKS A FREE MAN! | 1A - 2A = -1A