Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 PM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Awesome shoot tonight. It was great to see and meet so manu new faces. I can't believe so many of you made the 8" circle at 15yds happen. I clearly need to come up with something more challengin for us.

Congratulations to the two ambitious shooters (choo2x and ???) who jumped right into the Winchester/NRA Qualification Program and completed their qualification as a "Pro-Marksman" and "Marksman" tonight. I'll have your certificates and patches in plenty of time for the next shoot.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:24 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
Awesome shoot tonight. It was great to see and meet so manu new faces. I can't believe so many of you made the 8" circle at 15yds happen. I clearly need to come up with something more challengin for us.

Congratulations to the two ambitious shooters (choo2x and ???) who jumped right into the Winchester/NRA Qualification Program and completed their qualification as a "Pro-Marksman" and "Marksman" tonight. I'll have your certificates and patches in plenty of time for the next shoot.
It was good meeting you and the others. I had a good time. A 10 round ragged hole at 7yds is challenging
I dunno if anyone else did too, but I shot up some paper plates as well.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:45 PM

Talking Things I learned on the way to and at the Firing Line tonight

• Both the 405 North and the 101 South/East are parking lots. I don't know why they were not last month. Next month, I'm taking surface streets.
  • Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the fire hydrant. Tonight I was the fire hydrant. I couldn't focus until I took a break, walked out of the range, breathed for 5 minutes, then walked back in and shot two (2) 10 round, 2 1/2 inch groups on the last two paper plates. I was lucky to qualify 18 other paper plates. Lead was flying everywhere, except for on the paper plates.
  • The 20 out of 20 shirt is still safe for another month.
  • It still is hard to see the end of the range, but I'm not as blind as Mike. LOL
  • Moving Chicane is smarter than we thought , or Mrs. Moving has way more power than Moving thought. We missed you tonight Dan.
  • There will still be Calgunners that will shoot until closing.
Apologies to all that I was so focused on the paper plates, I didn't get to meet everyone. I'll have better manners next time. Thanks to Chad for hosting and coming up with these fun activities/challenges/competitions. Have fun at HappyCamper781's place tomorrow.

Shelton

Last edited by choo2x; 02-22-2013 at 11:55 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choo2x View Post
[LIST][*]Both the 405 North and the 101 South/East are parking lots. I don't know why they were not last month. Next month, I'm taking surface streets.
I took surface streets instead of the 405 N most of the way. It didn't help. I think the freeway, even barely moving, would have been faster.

I had a great time last night, regardless of the traffic - thanks everyone for the advice, and for letting me try your guns!
Old 02-23-2013, 1:39 PM

Definitely a great night, It was fun meeting you all, and if I had more ammo I probably would have shot a bit more. Came so close to that second circle too. damn flyer.
Old 02-23-2013, 4:38 PM
CGSSA Board Secretary

Quote:
  • Moving Chicane is smarter than we thought , or Mrs. Moving has way more power than Moving thought. We missed you tonight Dan.
Answer is: BOTH!

Next month, and thanks for the luv!
Old 02-23-2013, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlee View Post
Definitely a great night, It was fun meeting you all, and if I had more ammo I probably would have shot a bit more. Came so close to that second circle too. damn flyer.

You almost had it, pretty impressive considering you were shooting a Makarov!
Next month you will get it for sure.

Quote:
[LIST]
[*]It still is hard to see the end of the range, but I'm not as blind as Mike. LOL

Shelton
That was very sobering news when I realized you guys could see the bullet holes plain as day.... Hmmmm maybe LAPD is hiring???
Kidding!! Just Kidding!!

Great shoot, and great meeting everyone. Hope to see lots of you at the LAX shoot.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:59 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

We missed ya at the shoot and the BBQ, Moving_Chicane~
Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Big thanks to Mike for referring me to the Walther P22 bible, I need to muster up the cookies to take some files to it now.
Old 02-27-2013, 2:43 PM
Internet Warrior

Quote:
So my offer still stands, I'll have some more 8" circles at the event, and the first person that can put 20 in one at 15yds gets a free T-Shirt. Last month nobody (besides me) was able to do it, so I hope you have been practicing. Any pistol 22lr and up is eligible, and you must use iron sights.
8" @ 15 yards? If I had of known, I'd have stopped by for a free shirt.
Old 02-27-2013, 2:53 PM
CGSSA Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
8" @ 15 yards? If I had of known, I'd have stopped by for a free shirt.
Yep, 15yds (45ft.) fill an 8" circle with 20 holes (20:20). If you pull one, you need to try again. Nobody was able to do it last month, we had three people pull it off last Friday, but only the first person to do it got a shirt. Keep your eyes peeled, I may offer it up again next month.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 PM

Sucks that I had to leave early since the spring for the slide catch of my Px4 was missing (fell off my gun). Luckily it was caught by my shoe at home.
I've been practicing (sort of) at LA gun club. Here was my last clip of 10 with the target almost at the very end.

I don't know the distance
Old 02-27-2013, 10:22 PM
CGSSA Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrsino View Post
Sucks that I had to leave early since the spring for the slide catch of my Px4 was missing (fell off my gun). Luckily it was caught by my shoe at home.
I've been practicing (sort of) at LA gun club. Here was my last clip of 10 with the target almost at the very end.

I don't know the distance
Nice, the groups will tighten up with practice. Pub should hit up the paper plates at the next shoot and try for a qualification.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Internet Warrior

Quote:
Yep, 15yds (45ft.) fill an 8" circle with 20 holes (20:20). If you pull one, you need to try again. Nobody was able to do it last month, we had three people pull it off last Friday, but only the first person to do it got a shirt. Keep your eyes peeled, I may offer it up again next month.
Impossible to miss with a .22 target pistol. I'd being something for challenging, but the the thing is, I was actually in Burbank that afternoon. Normally, it is too much of a PITA to go to Burnak on a Friday afternoon/evening.