Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmon View Post
Well I have called the DOJ on an FFL, gun world in burbank, when they refused to give me a copy of the DROS. The gentleman at the DOJ tried to call them while I was on hold but no one answered. He took down my info, the store's info and who was the person I dealt with. Less than an hour later I got a call from the store's owner apologizing and asking me where he can send a copy of the DROS.
I also just recently completed a transfer at Gun World in Burbank. This was my first purchase, so there were many things I felt unsure about. I was charged $55 for the transfer. I initially asked that it was $35, he said "here it's $55". I called on pickup day to make sure all was good, and inquired about the $20 extra fee. I was told it was for a cable lock. I wasn't informed of this at the time of transfer, and wouldn't a product have sales tax and not be exactly $20? I was then given the cable lock that was included in the box with the firearm at purchase, and when asked about this the salesperson just shrugged. I assumed at this point that all parties were in agreement that I was being ripped off, so I left. I'm not sure if DOJ can do anything about this as I didn't press the issue for exactly what was going on, and their BS creates a really murky situation. I consider it a $20 lesson learned that if anything seems shady, it's better to go to a different, more reputable FFL.
Old 04-21-2018, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by standyrd View Post
I also just recently completed a transfer at Gun World in Burbank. This was my first purchase, so there were many things I felt unsure about. I was charged $55 for the transfer. I initially asked that it was $35, he said "here it's $55". I called on pickup day to make sure all was good, and inquired about the $20 extra fee. I was told it was for a cable lock. I wasn't informed of this at the time of transfer, and wouldn't a product have sales tax and not be exactly $20? I was then given the cable lock that was included in the box with the firearm at purchase, and when asked about this the salesperson just shrugged. I assumed at this point that all parties were in agreement that I was being ripped off, so I left. I'm not sure if DOJ can do anything about this as I didn't press the issue for exactly what was going on, and their BS creates a really murky situation. I consider it a $20 lesson learned that if anything seems shady, it's better to go to a different, more reputable FFL.
Next time arm yourself with knowledge so there would be no reason for anyone to rip you off. If you don't arm yourself, nobody to blame but you. $20 lock is ridiculous!! 1. Phone first and see how much PPT is and also inquiring about the "lock" policy at their store on ppt. 2. If they use the "CA approved Lock must be purchased within 30 day and I need a receipt", go to Walmart and buy a lock, after your ppt, return the lock. Most LGS is ok with the lock that's issued with the firearm and not requesting or using the "Lock must be within 30 days rule". Each LGS is different. Also do some homework on the LGS you are going, research to see what others are saying in the past and etc. Do some recon!

Look at the link below to their website, first, they claim they for 3 years straight they are voted the #1 gun store in all SoCal, second, they also claim they are the gun store with the LARGEST inventory in SoCal. Those are some big claims. Is it true?? I don't know. I doubt it. By looking at the advertised weekly specials, its all full boat. So at the end of the day, do homework before going to any LGS. Not everyone is the same.

https://www.gunworldburbank.com/this...world-specials
Old 04-21-2018, 8:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by auser6664 View Post
There’s a FFL in Laguna Niguel who told me that he wouldn’t do more than 1-PPT per person per day.

Reason: Store Policy

Then he charged $40 from the buyer.

Reason: handling fees

I had to meet my other buyer at a different place, just less than a 1/2 mile.
I know what shop this is oddly other than this usually is a good shop. Weird how they are willing to commit a misdemeanor for $5 extra.