Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKSD View Post
Study guide? I have had at least 7-8 of my friends take the test. Just to prove to them how stupid it is. The deal was, if they fail, I will be buying the beer. Being non gun guys, surprisingly to them, they all passed. Free beer!
My wife doesn't make a difference between AR and AK, she passed it as well. Now she is very safe... LOL!
Yeah, I walked into a store for information on what I needed to know, they stuck a test in my hand and I passed... Hadn't touched a firearm in over 25 years. I can pick it up on the 12th lol. So much for information gathering.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2018, 11:05 AM

All this is funny, and it's not. It has gotten to the point where gun owners need an attorney on retainer in California. Yes, handgun with current hsc, if you are taller then 4ft 4, and no taller than 6ft 8 inches, You weigh in at 110 lbs, but but no more than 315lbs. Vision must be 20 20 or corrected, unless it's greater than 20 40. Purchase must be completed on a day that the temperature did not exceed 100 degrees (hot days known to cause anger). Purchase cannot be completed <24hrs prior to a full moon, or after a full moon. Purchased weapon must have a minimum trigger pull of 6lbs, but no greater than 10lbs. Purchaser cannot have a domestic violence 6 months prior to purchase, exemption for this includes, elected public officials, celebrities and current NFL players.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2018, 10:26 PM

Can an FFL charge more than $25 for the test and card?
Old 07-26-2018, 10:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclerandy View Post
Can an FFL charge more than $25 for the test and card?
Bad question.

The question should be is it legal for a FSC instructor to charge more than $25 for the test and card, to which the answer is no.

Your question the answer is obviously yes because people violate the law.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 07-26-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
Bad question.

The question should be is it legal for a FSC instructor to charge more than $25 for the test and card, to which the answer is no.

Your question the answer is obviously yes because people violate the law.
Would you be willing to post a link to the laws pertaining to it being illegal please?
Old 07-26-2018, 10:47 PM

Is anyone else amazed that this thread from 01/01/15 is still going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2018, 10:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Would you be willing to post a link to the laws pertaining to it being illegal please?
See the CA PC. You can also call the CA DOJ. I don't have time right now to look up the law for you, unless you want to hire me to do so.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 07-26-2018, 10:58 PM
Calguns Addict

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/fscfaqs#b8

Old 07-26-2018, 11:22 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Quote:
CA PC 31650 says the fee is $25
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ctionNum=31650.

Is there a criminal penalty for violation? I am not sure. But repeated violations would probably result in certification being revoked, and open oneself up to civil proceedings by those aggrieved, perhaps even a class action. Sounds like fun, amiright?

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness
Old 08-01-2018, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisnaps View Post
Yeah, I walked into a store for information on what I needed to know, they stuck a test in my hand and I passed... Hadn't touched a firearm in over 25 years. I can pick it up on the 12th lol. So much for information gathering.
I know little about CA gun laws, being mainly a Nevada resident and I only missed one question on my CA Safety Certificate. The one I missed was could I sell a gun I owned direct to a brother without the FFL. I assumed CA would be much like Q1 here in NV, but I should have known that's not the case, as CA gun laws are ridiculous, IMO.

Right now, I am one of the few people who can legally buy guns in two states. CA & NV. I have an old NV Driver's license (and NV CCW) and a new CA Real ID, so neither are marked as "federal restrictions apply". I recently purchased a new Kimber .45 ACP Stainless 2 at Bass Pro Shops in Rocklin, CA to keep at my house in Auburn, CA.

I will probably buy a few more CA guns to keep in CA.

Most of the guns I own here in Reno are illegal in CA, or at least cannot be purchased new in CA. I own many scary looking rifles, such as my PS90, AR57 with the 50 round magazines. And my FN FiveseveN with 30 round mags. And a Calico 9MM with 100 round magazines. And my Zero Round magazine 9MM Freedom Ordnance pistol.

If it's legal in CA, I don't want it here in NV!

-Don- Reno, NV