Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 03-08-2012, 7:13 PM

I am like 15 hours in, Im a lvl 39 soldier and I still only have 5 squadmates.

I got Collector Armor, it's awesome!

Last edited by gl0ckc0ma; 03-08-2012 at 7:21 PM..
Old 03-08-2012, 8:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
Is it the guy with the muscles coming out his ears?
Nah, one of your secondary pilots in the cargo bay. It's not really a big deal; just an emotional moment dealing with loss and it happens to be a husband and not a wife.

I'm about 11 hours in and I haven't even gone to the diplomat's meeting yet... there's just SO MUCH to do.

I imported my female Shephard who started all the way in ME1, went through twice, then twice through ME2. Imported straight to lvl 30 as a Renegade Sentinel and am now at 37. So far the depth of characters and locations is phenominal. It captures the atmosphere and overarching storyline of ME1 with the depth and growth from ME2. Game mechanics are a lot smoother with a very good blend of customizability and accessability. This is probably one of the best game's I've played in recent history, and easily the best game series I've ever played.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 PM
previously bloodhawke83
CGN Contributor

Game wont start, I have internets and origin on.....wtf.
Anyone not voting Brown is putting other things above gun rights.
Whitman + Cooley or Harris = a rash of gun control California has never seen the likes of.
-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
If you're not voting why are you even opining?
Brown has a track record of not bowing to Dem pressure on guns.
-Gene
Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhawke83 View Post
Game wont start, I have internets and origin on.....wtf.
lol, Origin.
Old 03-09-2012, 4:18 AM
Veteran Member

I'm about 22 hours in right now and this game will not let up the epicness for even two seconds. So far it lives up to all of the hype!

CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training
Old 03-09-2012, 7:24 AM

I don't even know how many hours into it I am but I agree the game has not let down in the slightest. I want to talk about some of crazy stuff but I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't played yet. But it is amazing
Old 03-09-2012, 8:14 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.hors View Post
I don't even know how many hours into it I am but I agree the game has not let down in the slightest. I want to talk about some of crazy stuff but I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't played yet. But it is amazing
comments like this is what makes the wait for my copy that much more grueling....
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Old 03-09-2012, 8:19 AM

Tonight SHALL BE THE NIGHT!!! Had my Collector's Edition since Tuesday and it's been grueling just staring at the cover of my copy this whole week... Hope the family beds down early tonight lol...
Old 03-09-2012, 8:39 AM

27 hours, almost every side quest, all fleets allied....I'm finally done.

Of course now I have to deal with the migraine that comes with staying up so late I had to go straight to work. 8hr workday yay?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

K, ran into a bug. On a certain mission where you have to target a certain something I died, when it re-loaded I had the generic face and I'm level 1. Dammit.
Old 03-09-2012, 1:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
K, ran into a bug. On a certain mission where you have to target a certain something I died, when it re-loaded I had the generic face and I'm level 1. Dammit.
is it like me2, where there is always one save that just restarts the current mission?

"It is to secure our rights that we resort to government at all." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-09-2012, 2:44 PM

Has anyone actually scanned a Reaper controlled star system? I get the right mouse click icon when I enter a star system, but right clicking doesn't do anything.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Old 03-09-2012, 4:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Boy View Post
Has anyone actually scanned a Reaper controlled star system? I get the right mouse click icon when I enter a star system, but right clicking doesn't do anything.
yup, not all systems have stuff but you should see a sonar like pulse from your ship and a sound effect.

"It is to secure our rights that we resort to government at all." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-10-2012, 1:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

finally got my copy and only 5 hours in, i am taking my time during missions to make sure i pick up as much weapon/armor upgrades and random credits as i can.

and the system scanning..... i hate it but it pulls you in. how many times can you scan before the reapers show up to chase your butt down, and how fast can you run from them. although i do wish they give you like a little dotted circle showing the range of the scan so you can position yourself better.
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Old 03-10-2012, 6:57 AM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
is it like me2, where there is always one save that just restarts the current mission?
Yes but it lets you manually save a bit more often. I rolled back to an earlier one and tried again this time successfully.

Noticed a couple other bugs as well for instance wasn't able to pick up ammo or use my powers had to exit and re-load the game.

Overall I like it but it feels like regardless of the decisions my guy made in the previous games the developers made it go a certain way.
Old 03-10-2012, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
finally got my copy and only 5 hours in, i am taking my time during missions to make sure i pick up as much weapon/armor upgrades and random credits as i can.

and the system scanning..... i hate it but it pulls you in. how many times can you scan before the reapers show up to chase your butt down, and how fast can you run from them. although i do wish they give you like a little dotted circle showing the range of the scan so you can position yourself better.
Typically I can get 2-4 scans, then as I fly away I keep scanning if I didn't find everything. you can run for a bit but they will catch up. I think the longer you are there when they show up the faster they get, but I don't hang around long enough to test that theory

Last edited by j.hors; 03-10-2012 at 7:19 PM.. Reason: changed number of scans from 4-5 to 2-4
Old 03-10-2012, 5:26 PM
Veteran Member

How do you remove the reapers from an occupied system? Even after doing the primary storyline missions and even side missions, the reapers don't disappear from the system. Do I need to wage war against each system or something?
Old 03-10-2012, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iareConfusE View Post
How do you remove the reapers from an occupied system? Even after doing the primary storyline missions and even side missions, the reapers don't disappear from the system. Do I need to wage war against each system or something?
cant really say anything, dont want to spoil the game. but keep playing
Old 03-11-2012, 9:39 AM

Ok so I have a new favorite sniper rifle its the spector gear Black Widow 2. Upgraded from ME2 it now hold 3 rounds and still F's the reapers, geth, cerberus, or anything else you need dead from a distance. Save your money and buy it then upgrade to max. however it is heavy so I would suggest soldier class to use it
Old 03-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member

So... I finished the game last night, but I don't feel compelled to continue. Something about the way the story ended left a bitter taste in my mouth and I don't really care to continue anymore, lol. Also because it feels like my character isn't powerful enough. I have an adept Shep, and I have his abilities nearly maxed out, but even using a level 5 Push against a common Reaper enemy doesn't affect him at all. I'm better off just abusing the strong melee. Anyways, I don't really feel like I have a reason to continue playing - maybe because there's no multiplayer except for coop. Oh well, I can't wait for Diablo III.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Yeah the way it's shaping up seems a little lame; previous games I could play it the way I wanted to and it would go the way I wanted but this one seems a bit steered around. Also the romance sub-plots seem under cooked.

My slutty male shepherd has stuck his _____ in _____, _____, and flirted with tons of chicks and the _____ broad he's supposed to be in love with doesn't say anything about it. I mean there are only a dozen or so people on that ship word's gotta get around that ______ went up to my cabin and came out an hour later with her dress on backwards or whatever.
Old 03-11-2012, 9:54 PM

finished my first playthrough this morning and wtf at ending lol. overall though, i'm pleased with what they did. added quite a few options for weapons customization, the new armor designs are freaking awesome, and the gunplay is a step up from ME2. what i really disliked about this time around is the paragon/renegade implementation. bioware said that we would never become a villain in game but if we did renegade that we would possibly become just as bad but i didnt feel very sacrificey at the end of my playthrough.

and the romance. you would think that being their poster couple it would be a lot better considering all the camera angles used during the game. was more disappointing then ME2s :{
Old 03-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Banned

All I care about is seeing Tali's face.
Next to IL2 Stormovik 1946 this is my favorite series. Too bad I have no time to play!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Quote:
So... I finished the game last night, but I don't feel compelled to continue. Something about the way the story ended left a bitter taste in my mouth and I don't really care to continue anymore, lol..
Yeah that's what I thought too. They ruined the re-playability that the previous ones had. If someone would have told me that's how it was gonna end I never would have bought it.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.W.M.V. View Post
All I care about is seeing Tali's face.
Next to IL2 Stormovik 1946 this is my favorite series. Too bad I have no time to play!
She died in my playthrough :x

Geth > Quarian. Didn't care to see Tali's face, just wanted my guy to bang Liara, which never happened.
Old 03-12-2012, 9:13 AM

Quote:
She died in my playthrough :x

Do the reaper base mission on Rannoch last, and you *should* have a paragon/renegade dialog option on the left side of the dialog wheel to let both sides live.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Quote:
Do the reaper base mission on Rannoch last, and you *should* have a paragon/renegade dialog option on the left side of the dialog wheel to let both sides live.
I don't want to give it away but in order to get that option you have to have done a few things in the previous game a certain way. It makes no difference in the final outcome of the game though, not even in the cutscene.
Old 03-12-2012, 1:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
So... I finished the game last night, but I don't feel compelled to continue. Something about the way the story ended left a bitter taste in my mouth and I don't really care to continue anymore, lol. Also because it feels like my character isn't powerful enough. I have an adept Shep, and I have his abilities nearly maxed out, but even using a level 5 Push against a common Reaper enemy doesn't affect him at all. I'm better off just abusing the strong melee. Anyways, I don't really feel like I have a reason to continue playing - maybe because there's no multiplayer except for coop. Oh well, I can't wait for Diablo III.
Yea, I know how you feel about the ending, according to this the original ending sounded much better, and fed back into what one of your squad mates was doing when recruited in the second game(should go without saying, that link contains spoilers).
Old 03-12-2012, 1:17 PM

Quote:
I don't want to give it away but in order to get that option you have to have done a few things in the previous game a certain way. It makes no difference in the final outcome of the game though, not even in the cutscene.
I've read the bioware blog and others about the decisions from ME2 and how they influence the Geth/Quarian outcomes. If you made the "wrong" choices in ME2, you can still salvage the Geth and Quarians. Both Tali and Legion must have survived the suicide mission in ME2, and Tali can not have been exiled from the fleet.

I know because I reloaded after saving the geth and having the Quarians die and did the geth base mission, and got a paragon/renegade dialog option after having Legion start his upload to the geth, which allows both to survive.

Old 03-12-2012, 3:58 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Quote:
If you made the "wrong" choices in ME2, you can still salvage the Geth and Quarians.
Really? That's kind of lame to be honest but I guess they did it that way for new players.

It's too bad they had to end it this way since the original mass effect game (although short) was very enjoyable and well put together.
Old 03-13-2012, 3:32 AM

has anyone using vanguard think how unstoppably OP theyve become? with the new shotguns and the new pistol you can make amazingly short cooldown builds. im almost unstoppable against even atlas mechs on insanity. dont even need a gun, inferno armor + charge + nova and singularity and nothing can keep up
Old 03-13-2012, 4:14 AM
Veteran Member

So I just finished the game and I'm not going to say that the ending was bad like many fans are saying - it was definitely a good ending, but I personally don't feel it was the ending that the trilogy deserved.

However, I have been reading through many forum discussions of the ending and it seems like there's significantly more going on than the game lets on. There are many subleties in the final moments that make it seem like there's going to be more happening - whether we'll see it in DLC form or ME4 we can only speculate. I don't want to ruin the ending for anyone so when you finish it, just look up some of the discussions and you'll see what I'm takling about.

CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training
Old 03-13-2012, 9:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznanimekid View Post
has anyone using vanguard think how unstoppably OP theyve become? with the new shotguns and the new pistol you can make amazingly short cooldown builds. im almost unstoppable against even atlas mechs on insanity. dont even need a gun, inferno armor + charge + nova and singularity and nothing can keep up
the new system of allowing faster power recharge based upon carried weapon weight is what is throwing off the balance. cause without that vanguard would just like in ME2.

i'll probably try out playing as a vanguard my next playthrough once i'm done being infiltrator. gotta love cloak then a nice timed headshot with a sniper rifle. makes for a nice head pop on enemies.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:56 PM

I'm having a lot of fun with the multiplayer. It's quite fun to unlock the card packs of equipment. Toobad my mouse is terrible and keeps disconnecting.

The singleplayer game seems not as thought out as far as the side quests. I often feel like a busybody as half of your quests start because you overhear others making conversations. It's a weird way to do other people's business. The other half of the quests and the way the priority missions turn out, is quite epic. It leaves my wife wondering what happens to the characters so I had to show her all the ME 2 gameplay videos to catch her up.

Last edited by Icypu; 03-15-2012 at 1:05 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznanimekid View Post
has anyone using vanguard think how unstoppably OP theyve become?
Sorry, what does "OP" stand for?

Old 03-18-2012, 10:17 PM
previously bloodhawke83
CGN Contributor

Finished the game, save your money and rent it for the xbox or ps3. game is too short and they are stuffing DLC down our throats from day 1.
Anyone not voting Brown is putting other things above gun rights.
Whitman + Cooley or Harris = a rash of gun control California has never seen the likes of.
-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
If you're not voting why are you even opining?
Brown has a track record of not bowing to Dem pressure on guns.
-Gene
Old 03-19-2012, 12:20 PM

the game is so ****ing awesome, it's like crack. I've never had so much playing a video game before. If you wanna do online with me, send me a PM, I'm on ps3
Old 03-26-2012, 9:14 PM

so some of the people involved in retake me3 have come up with a hilariously sweet way of protesting to bioware!

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/10635792/1

http://bitscreed.com/bioware-to-be-b...pcake-cascade/

awesome!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:29 PM

blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2012, 12:00 AM
I need a LIFE!!

i just wonder what the next op will be. at least they are trying to make the multiplayer fun with these 1 weekend ops that gives some extra stuff.

and i hope they fix the glitching that happens to vanguard players with the whole falling out of map or flying off map. makes using that class such a risk.