Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-05-2013, 9:34 AM

(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:

(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

So that would effectively ban all AR and AK pistols, even if they weren't banned by name.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantedamean View Post

So that would effectively ban all AR and AK pistols, even if they weren't banned by name.
And Glocks, 1911s, CZ75s, and Berettas.

This won't have a chance in Hell of passing. All those guns I mentioned above are even more common than the AR15...

But let Feinstein throw her final punches, she knows this is going to be her last chance at passing something like this and even she knows it won't happen. She's just putting on a show for the cameras...

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr

Last edited by RMP91; 02-05-2013 at 10:34 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Strange, I checked the exemption list and my grandfather's centerfire autoloading deer rifle, a Winchester Model 100, is NOT listed. Made back in 1961 or 62. Holds 4 rounds max. No pistol grip or other evil features.

I guess Gramps had him a bonafide AssSalt Weapon before they even became fashionable!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleobill View Post
Don't underestimate her based on her octogenarian appearance and SF Libtard pedigree, she's a tough b*tch. I recently saw this story which reminded me of the reason for her CCW permit on Breitbart.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...y-permit-story
Um ... she forgot to mention that the windows were "shot out" with a BB gun and the the "bomb" was an IID that would have caused cosmetic damage at best. It's the same crap ALF and ELF use on animal researchers' and university professors' cars. Good for cars. Bad for dwellings.

As usual ... she overdramatized her situation.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
`(36) The term `semiautomatic assault weapon' means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:
`(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
`(i) A pistol grip.
`(ii) A forward grip.
`(iii) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
`(iv) A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.
`(v) A barrel shroud.
`(vi) A threaded barrel.
`(B) A semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, except for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.
`(C) Any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun.
So looks like she's going after .22lr rifles like the GSG-5, M&P 15-22, and the Sig 522. And "C" appears to target the slidefire stock.

Oh and where is my freaking rocket launcher attached to my "assault weapon" I supposedly can have right now? lol

Last edited by stix213; 02-05-2013 at 11:55 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Wow. All or nothing in this bill!
Old 02-05-2013, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniKoroshi View Post
Wow. All or nothing in this bill!
ANYTHING and EVERYTHING she can get her bony, wrinkled, arthritic, gun grabbing claws on.

Not one inch!
Old 02-06-2013, 7:39 PM

We need to continue to call her office and voice our opposition against her bills. The Sheriffs of Ca don't like her bills or what she stands for. I'd like to know if the NRA is going to fight this. Feinstein is a bad omen. She needs to remember Karma.
Old 02-06-2013, 7:43 PM

Feinstein. Is going after my Ruger 10-22 that I've had for over 27 yrs. My 22 cal rifle hasn't done anything except shoot targets and shoot at the range with my father. Is she crazy trying to ban my 27 year old gun what is she thinking?
Old 02-06-2013, 8:51 PM

Yeah, this gun bill is really nuts, it's funny how she even included .22LR versions of the AR, like those are used so much by criminals. What has me worried more than what DiFi is trying to get passed nationally is what might happen here in CA. The fact that they passed a major ban bill in NY without any debate or voter review has me concerned that they might try something like that here too and it doesn't help matters that Bloomberg(?) obviously doesn't have enough to do in NYC and is trying to influence people nationwide on the "evilness" of guns.
Old 02-06-2013, 9:02 PM

has anybody heard of ATF going into gun stores and coping down info on form 4473
Old 02-07-2013, 9:26 AM
Veteran Member

Funny how they got the thingy that goes over the barrel on the list of features...
Some of you think this won't pass? Obama is campaining like he was running for office on this cr*ppy bill. We have to fight this one HARD!
Old 02-07-2013, 9:36 AM
Veteran Member

O sweet Lord.

Keep fighting my friends. It's gonna be a lonnnnnng year.
Old 02-07-2013, 9:58 AM

Some good rules;

Be Informed: Many pundits / out-spoken persons against 2nd amendment / or just gun-fearful individuals - Have false facts and are reacting to RECENT issues/deaths.

Like a horse with blinders they fail to view the nation as a whole over time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ooa98FHuaU0

** Mental Health
** Poor Parenting
** Environments
** Medications (prescribed) or Over Prescribing

Solving what happened means looking at the root-cause or catalyst of the event.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM

See this: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/30/gu...eins-gun-bill/

It lays out EXACTLY that the treacherous feinstein's real plan is to do away
with ALL semi-autos AND the parts and parts kits capable of fixing them once
they break.
I already wrote to Representative Devin Nunes about this treachery. Write
yours!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Banned

Old 02-07-2013, 3:30 PM

Wow, that bill is hardcore.

Seems like the classic 2 steps forward, 1 step back approach.

They propose a ridiculously strict bill.

It passes: Yay for them. They win.

It doesn't pass: Re-write it slightly less restrictive. Introduce it again. This time it passes. They win.

No more, Not 1 inch. This must be struck down.
Old 02-07-2013, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0Driver View Post
Wow, that bill is hardcore.

Seems like the classic 2 steps forward, 1 step back approach.

They propose a ridiculously strict bill.

It passes: Yay for them. They win.

It doesn't pass: Re-write it slightly less restrictive. Introduce it again. This time it passes. They win.

No more, Not 1 inch. This must be struck down.
I agree not an inch

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-07-2013, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP91 View Post
And Glocks, 1911s, CZ75s, and Berettas.

This won't have a chance in Hell of passing. All those guns I mentioned above are even more common than the AR15...

But let Feinstein throw her final punches, she knows this is going to be her last chance at passing something like this and even she knows it won't happen. She's just putting on a show for the cameras...
I don't think it means those handguns. I think it's referring to the UZI, Mini UZI, and MAC type semi-auto variants and clones.

But who knows. You could be right.
Old 02-07-2013, 7:10 PM
Administrator

Folks, let us get a handle on our emotions - I remind you all that the first post says

Comments that are merely an insult to the Senator and any co-sponsors should be sent directly to her contact page, https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub....cfm/e-mail-me - or, better, withheld entirely.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 02-08-2013, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
^^^ exactly! We need to stop giving them Intel - let 'em stay confused.

sooner or later they will create a law against the lateral spring compressor method and the cover insert with gantry tube... once they figure those out we're screwed...

Keep 'em guessing...
As long as they fail to account for combustion retention coil returns they will never truly ban "assault weapons".

But even if they pass a ban I'll just install the rapid recovery actuation piston to my bolt action guns and let them cry about that.

Let them try to stop my fun.

Last edited by MoMo; 02-08-2013 at 4:05 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 9:46 PM

I've been trying to read as much as I can about this, but really what is the likelihood that this will pass? I think I read in another thread about long gun registration from a while back and people saying it had little chance to pass, yet it did, and people were shocked. Are all these weapons to be banned and we the people to be shocked yet again when this bill, and others, pass?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
Assuming these "graphs" are correct, what they tell me is urban areas are more likely to vote Democrat, and urban areas have more crime. Neither comes as a big surprise.

It would be interesting to see these same plots from a year when the Republican party was strong - like during Reagan's term. I'm sure the crime map would look similar, but the voting map might look very different.

Yes, there are far more gun grabber "D's" than "R's" today, but don't get fooled into thinking D=bad, R=good. Though I must admit all the ones on my very very naughty list recently are D's.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:26 PM

I think she has written a bill so far out there that nothing will come out of it, and while this bill is alive no other legislation will be submitted. This bill gives those who are in anti districts cover by supporting it, and those in pro districts cover by not supporting it.

See everyone happy (in Congress).

Romans 1:16 - 32

Old 02-27-2013, 11:00 AM

Default Federal Registration Out?

When Diane Feinstein first announced that she would be introducing an AW bill, her website contained a summary of what the bill would contain. The summary stated that there would be federal registration of AW's, a ban on transfering AW's, and "dedicated funding" to the ATF for overseeing registration - scary stuff. However, when the actual bill was released, I do not see any mention of federal registration in the bill. In fact, there is a provision for background checks when transfering an AW, so it looks like grandfathered weapons will be transferable. Am I missing something?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantedamean View Post
(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:

And M1As, too!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:31 AM

I think this is a "grab as much as we can, some will pass some won't" but anything will be a win for them.

this is why I always say NOT ONE INCH! because they will do this again and grab a little more...then a little more until 2A is erased from the Constitution.

give up nothing.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:34 AM

The only reason they're even going through the motions in this is out of professional respect for a long time Senator and colleague. As written it doesn't have a chance of passing.

However some newer Senators and Representatives got it right and have bills going at it California style by chipping away but by bit with Universal Background checks and mag bans that allow grandfathering... Those are bills that actually have a chance and will unfortunately "pass the torch" from DiFi to a new generation of grabbers... Errr I mean "leaders in gun violence prevention".

Hey wait a minute, is it just me or is that the new buzz word for Gun Control: Gun Violence Prevention Measures
Old 02-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Made in the USA

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyCat View Post
When Diane Feinstein first announced that she would be introducing an AW bill, her website contained a summary of what the bill would contain. The summary stated that there would be federal registration of AW's, a ban on transfering AW's, and "dedicated funding" to the ATF for overseeing registration - scary stuff. However, when the actual bill was released, I do not see any mention of federal registration in the bill. In fact, there is a provision for background checks when transfering an AW, so it looks like grandfathered weapons will would be transferable. Am I missing something?
yes, you are missing something... you phrased it as if it is going to happen and not if it happens...

not to worry - I edited it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 02-27-2013, 2:17 PM
Banned

LOL at people assuming nothing will pass. Same people who said that in 1994.
Old 02-27-2013, 2:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Keep in mind that the NRA was not as large and powerful back then as it is now. For that matter, the internet was still in it's infancy, it had not yet evolved into the ubiquitous communication system that it eventually became, thus neutering our capacity to fight it short of writing to our Congressmen/women.

Also, the AWB (which was part of a larger anti-crime bill) just barely passed the House by one vote. And this was when the House was under Democrat control. It's definitely not as "Black and White" now as it was back then.

Our chances of defeating it are MUCH greater now, especially since it's now a stand-alone bill than it was 21 years ago.

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr

Last edited by RMP91; 02-27-2013 at 2:28 PM..
Old 02-27-2013, 2:25 PM
Made in the USA

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
if this is in response to the post above yours... there's a big difference between "can" happen and "will" happen...

And recognizing that difference does not mean there's a assumption that noting will pass.

Why is it less foolish to assume it will pass than know that it might not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 03-15-2013, 7:33 AM

Default Feinstein Bill Details

Predictably, Feinstein's gun ban bill was approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee, which she chairs. All Republicans voted against it.

The only thing you are going to hear/read in the mainstream media is a heated exchange between Feinstein and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, who was a law clerk for the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. You have to be a superstar law school grad to get that job, by the way. Cruz simply talked about the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment. Feinstein reacted with anger, because she can't react factually. She also knows, as a career politician, that her undignified anger will be the only sound byte/video clip on the mass media reporting. The media will probably not report on the important and draconian restrictions in this bill.

The link below describes some of the details in this bill, which will now go to a floor vote at the whim of Harry Reid. There is another link within the story which contains the named firearms that would henceforth be prohibited.

What does "prohibited" mean? It means the "sale, manufacture, transfer, or importation". If you have any firearms that have any of the features Feinstein and her colleagues find distasteful, you can never sell (transfer) them if this becomes law. Included are so-called "high capacity" magazines, which are defined as more than ten rounds. Among the distasteful features are bullet buttons which allow the rapid replacement of magazines. We now have to wonder how magazines can be replaced.

You will be humbly grateful to your caring government by the inclusion of a specific list of 2,200 firearms which liberals have decided you may own. Proponents will trumpet their bipartisan compromise and gracious generosity in this regard.

One problem with this sort of law making is that if a manufacturer wants to bring a new design to market, it, by definition, is not on the sanctified list of allowed firearms. Then what? This provision will probably freeze all further development of firearms design in the U.S.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/03/14...tees-approval/

Here is additional detail from Feinstein's own website:

"The legislation bans the sale, transfer, manufacturing and importation of:

All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel.

All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

All semiautomatic rifles and handguns that have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

All semiautomatic shotguns that have a folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; pistol grip; fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds; ability to accept a detachable magazine; forward grip; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; or shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

All ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips, and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

157 specifically-named firearms (listed at the end of this page).

The legislation excludes the following weapons from the bill:

Any weapon that is lawfully possessed at the date of the bill’s enactment;

Any firearm manually operated by a bolt, pump, lever or slide action;

Assault weapons used by military, law enforcement, and retired law enforcement; and
Antique weapons.

The legislation strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and state bans by:

Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test.

The bill also makes the ban harder to evade by eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test.
Banning dangerous aftermarket modifications and workarounds.

Bump or slide fire stocks, which are modified stocks that enable semi-automatic weapons to fire at rates similar to fully automatic machine guns.

So-called “bullet buttons” that allow the rapid replacement of ammunition magazines, frequently used as a workaround to prohibitions on detachable magazines.

Thumbhole stocks, a type of stock that was created as a workaround to avoid prohibitions on pistol grips.

Adding a ban on the importation of assault weapons and large-capacity magazines.

Eliminating the 10-year sunset that allowed the original federal ban to expire."

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 03-15-2013, 7:40 AM

Thanks for the synopsis.
Old 03-15-2013, 7:48 AM
Veteran Member

retired law enforcement also exempted?
Old 03-15-2013, 7:52 AM
Banned

Folks: please do a bit of research before you light your hair afire and run about aimlessly.

Here's a headline and a link (Bloomberg).

Assault Weapons Ban Lacks Democratic Votes to Pass Senate

link:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ss-senate.html

(CDF): I urge all gun owners to resist the urge to leap before looking.

That means read something other than Fox News [sic].

CDFingers

Last edited by CDFingers; 03-15-2013 at 7:53 AM.. Reason: had extra letters; used them
Old 03-15-2013, 7:57 AM
Veteran Member

This is at the fed level. Which means it is basically irrelevant. you guys are forgetting we live in Kalifornia. Things are going to get ugly this year, so fasten your seat belt.
Old 03-15-2013, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someR1 View Post
This is at the fed level. Which means it is basically irrelevant.
Disagree with that part.

Quote:
you guys are forgetting we live in Kalifornia.
It's too painful to forget.

Quote:
Things are going to get ugly this year, so fasten your seat belt.
Absolutely agree with that on more levels than gun control for this state. It is rapidly being governed into the trash heap.
Friends don't let friends vote demorat
Old 03-15-2013, 8:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFingers View Post
Folks: please do a bit of research before you light your hair afire and run about aimlessly.

Here's a headline and a link (Bloomberg).

Assault Weapons Ban Lacks Democratic Votes to Pass Senate
everybody already knows that. This bill should be read for information on what they are thinking and how off-base they are, not to be concerned about it actually passing. Its almost silly for us to waste energy worrying about what is going to pass on the federal level when in CA we are going to get the federal requirements^2
Old 03-15-2013, 8:08 AM
Banned

Er, isn't this thread about Feinstein's bill at the Fed level?

Republicans always pay close attention to what someone else wants even if that person can't get it. Makes me chuckle.

;-)

CDFingers

Last edited by CDFingers; 03-15-2013 at 8:10 AM.. Reason: chuckle