Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns > Handguns Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Handguns Gallery Post your pictures of your favorite sidearm here.

Old 03-22-2011, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
Shot 7 rounds without mag in just because I can
I do that all the time as well
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 03-25-2011, 2:04 PM

Ordered a new backstrap last week since I'm too lazy to stipple mine.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 03-26-2011, 3:03 PM

I swapped out backstraps today with the Cane & Derby one I bought last week. Went out to the range and put 200 rounds through. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the purchase. While it's only simple stippling, I can really get a good grip now which doesn't slip over time. Would I recommend it to others? Probably not...since it was $32 shipped for a M&P backstrap which was stippled. You guys could all do the same at home, and I could have done the same as well since I have an adjustable temp soldering iron...but I'm too lazy. Some pics below, enjoy!

-Andy

Old 03-27-2011, 9:59 AM

All these look great... I just put a down on mine Sat and will pay in full Mon and start DROS.... Now its just a waiting game.
Old 03-28-2011, 6:32 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester00 View Post
M&P
Daddy Mommy and baby?
Old 03-28-2011, 6:40 AM

Get the Plinkr iOS App
Find any Gun Store/FFL
Find any Range in the USA.
Find firearms training too!
Curated Industry News
Gun Store Gunbroker, Armslist, gun.deals, Weapon Depot
Social Media Aggregator
Old 04-01-2011, 5:24 PM

just got mine today cant wait to go shoot it

Old 04-03-2011, 8:23 AM

Nice.... I get to pick mine up on the 9th
Old 04-03-2011, 10:16 AM

After 1500 rounds, had my first "problem" with my 9Pro. Front fiber sight has managed to wiggle itself to the left, and that's the excuse I need to replace the sights!
Old 04-03-2011, 9:28 PM

M&P 9 Pro

view of fiber sights

Old 04-03-2011, 9:35 PM

Thats a good looking knife too ^^^
Old 04-03-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
Thats a good looking knife too ^^^
its a b@d@$$ knife, very cheap too. I've beat the piss outta this thing and it's been great. Came in dull so I had to put a nice edge on it.

http://budk.com/Knives/Pathfinder-Tactical-Knife
Old 04-03-2011, 10:33 PM

Not bad price either. Thanks for the link.
Old 04-06-2011, 6:30 PM

ok just shot 200 rounds with no problems, and i love it
Old 04-16-2011, 10:20 AM

Shoot 100 rds thru mine last weekend with out any issues...and plan on a few more this weekend....
Old 04-16-2011, 12:26 PM

I went out and bought a new M&P 45 yesterday, was out looking for a Glock 21 which was no where to be found and ended up having someone talk me into the M&P. Since then Ive been reading up on them and I like what Im hearing and am very excited to shoot it.

Today I mentioned to a friend of mine that I picked up an M&P and he started telling me how I need to use premium ammo only, how they need to be cleaned quite often and are prone to problems. This is all the exact opposite of what Ive been reading on here. From what others here are saying you can run 1000 rounds of ****ty ammo (if you choose) without cleaning and it will shoot without any problems. Am I missing something in my research or does my friend just not know what he is talking about (wouldnt be the first time.)
Old 04-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Calguns Addict

He doesn't know what he is talking about...

An extreme example here:
http://pistol-training.com/archives/1146
Test #1: Without any cleaning or lubrication, shoot five 5-round groups at 25yd from the bench for accuracy. Almost 9,500 rounds had been through the gun since the last cleaning.

I'm going to perform the 2,000 round challenge on my FS9 and detail the results (may take awhile), I was about 600 rounds in when I cleaned it without thinking last time.

There's a few M&P's that completed it already.
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ound-Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
RULES
* Shooter must use a single pistol (distinct brand, model, caliber, serial number) for the entire 2,000 rounds. Pistol should be properly cleaned and lubricated before the test begins. Any brand pistol, stock or modified (please list all modifications), any caliber.
* Shooter can take as long as necessary (days, weeks, months) to fire 2,000 rounds through the pistol.
* The pistol cannot be cleaned, lubricated, or maintained in any way during the entire 2,000 round test period.
* Shooter can use any type of ammunition: factory, remanufactured, or hand loaded. Shooter can use as many different brands, styles, bullet weights, etc. as necessary as long as all ammunition meets the SAAMI specifications for the caliber of the gun.
* Shooter must report ALL stoppages, malfunctions, and/or parts breakages that occur during the 2,000 round test regardless of cause. This includes any such problems that are deemed "shooter-induced" or "ammunition-induced."
* If a stoppage, malfunction, or breakage may be ammunition-induced, the shooter can follow this procedure (but must still report the actual results with the original test pistol): if the round still has a bullet, powder, and undetonated primer the shooter can attempt to fire the round in a freshly lubricated and cleaned pistol of different brand than the test gun. If the round fails to fire in this second pistol which is clean, lubricated, and not of the same brand, then although the original stoppage or malfunction must be reported it will not count against achieving the "2,000 Round Challenge" success criteria.
DEFINITIONS
Stoppage: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation. This could include a failure to feed, fire, extract, or eject. A problem qualifies as a Stoppage if and only if the shooter is capable of fixing the problem without the use of any tools, without disassembling the gun in any way (magazine can be removed), and the pistol is in firing condition in less than 30 seconds. For example, a stovepipe or failure of the slide to go fully into battery would be Stoppages. Added 21-Jan-08: Failure to lock back after the last round in a magazine is fired, even if the shooter believes it was caused by an improper grip, is considered a stoppage.
Malfunction: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation and which requires the use of tools, disassembly of any part of the pistol, and/or takes more than 30 seconds to resolve, but does not require any parts replacement. For example, a dislodged spring or a front sight that falls off the gun would be Malfunctions.
Breakage: Any failure of the pistol to go through its entire cycle of operation and which requires parts replacement (springs, pins, locking block, anything) to resolve. For example, a broken spring or chipped extractor would be Breakages.
A pistol must fire 2,000 consecutive rounds without any cleaning or maintenance or additional lubrication without any stoppages, malfunctions or breakages to qualify as having met the "2,000 Round Challenge."
Old 04-16-2011, 9:19 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipalmer View Post
I went out and bought a new M&P 45 yesterday, was out looking for a Glock 21 which was no where to be found and ended up having someone talk me into the M&P. Since then Ive been reading up on them and I like what Im hearing and am very excited to shoot it.

Today I mentioned to a friend of mine that I picked up an M&P and he started telling me how I need to use premium ammo only, how they need to be cleaned quite often and are prone to problems. This is all the exact opposite of what Ive been reading on here. From what others here are saying you can run 1000 rounds of ****ty ammo (if you choose) without cleaning and it will shoot without any problems. Am I missing something in my research or does my friend just not know what he is talking about (wouldnt be the first time.)
I would say the latter is true... I have an M&P .45 and have shot a few hundred reloads and various factory ammo - not one problem. I clean all my guns after every shoot so I can't comment for certain on the "clean quite often" assertion - but I find it hard to believe it is any more problematic than any other pistol and would bet that it can go many hundreds (or thousands?) without a hiccup.
Old 04-16-2011, 9:52 PM

well had my mind set on a glock 19, but the s&w m&p compact 9 is super sexy.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:46 AM

Just picked up a TLR-1 for my .40

Fits like a glove.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 04-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Calguns Addict

My Pro is done

AAC TiRANT
Storm Lake barrel
Apex DCAEK
Streamlight TLR1

Need to see if the 147gr +p HST stays subsonic though it's listed with a muzzle velocity of 1050fps out of a 4" barrel.

Magpul | Mega Arms | LMT | Hiperfire | ODIN Works | Multitasker
Spike's Tactical | Fortis | Centurion Arms | Limited Capacity PMAGs

FREE SHIPPING ON $150+ ORDERS!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:55 PM

^ Not fair.
Old 04-22-2011, 3:31 PM

Here's my baby...FS M&P 9
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0020B.jpg (71.5 KB, 73 views)
Old 04-23-2011, 4:00 PM

Default Full Size M&P 9 w/G&R Tactical Stippled Backstrap

Full Size M&P 9 w/G&R Tactical Stippled Backstrap

Old 04-23-2011, 8:12 PM

Nice! Where are you located at? I'd be curious to see how your G&R backstrap compares to the one I got from Cane & Derby
Old 04-23-2011, 9:25 PM
Calguns Addict

My M&P in action. First five rounds are 115gr WWB and the last five rounds are 147gr subsonic Federal AE

Old 04-23-2011, 9:32 PM

That video will make me keep my 9Pro at least until I move to a free state.....
Old 04-23-2011, 9:35 PM
Calguns Addict

The problem with the Pro is ammo that was supposed to be subsonic, the WWB and BVAC, went supersonic due to the longer barrel

Old 04-24-2011, 4:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Ty you freaking showoff! lol
Old 04-24-2011, 5:00 PM

What everyone else said...Show off!!! Man it looks sexy with the silencer!

Been a while since I posted pictures of mine

Last edited by karlb; 04-24-2011 at 5:17 PM..
Old 04-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Veteran Member

does anyone know if the compact 9mm and the full size 9mm have the same grip width using the small backstrap? is their only difference the length? every time i hold a full size 9mm at gun stores it doesn't fit my hand that well

my compact with the small backstrap feels good though. all the full size handguns they have on display have the medium backstrap so i'm not sure how the full size feels with the small backstrap.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Veteran Member

here's my baby
Old 04-26-2011, 12:16 AM

Picking up my new M&P 45 tomorrow! Cant wait.
Old 04-26-2011, 2:53 PM

I get mine tommorow! Happy Camper here!
Old 04-26-2011, 3:11 PM

Just put the first 300 rounds through mine.....love it!
Old 04-26-2011, 3:19 PM

Here's mine! Maybe not a fancy model, but fun for me.

Old 04-28-2011, 1:16 PM

Picked this up on Tuesday, cant wait to shoot it.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:02 AM
CGN Contributor

Default M&P 9mm

APEX goodies and warren sights.
Old 05-07-2011, 8:10 AM
Calguns Addict

being one of a MPFxxx owners, how accurate are your M&P's?

shooting at 15 yards mine groups about 6-8 inchs. When I shot my new RIA 1911 my groups shrank to about 3-4 inches. Is it just the nature of plastic pistols?
Old 05-07-2011, 3:51 PM
Calguns Addict

I can do a 3-5" group at 25 yards/75 feet standing unsupported but I think I'm capable of better if I slow down.