Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 7:05 PM

Lightbulb What is the Ideal CalGuns Women's Shirt?

Ladies,

We've talked about this a bit before, but it has come up in a C3 discussion about what the Women of CalGuns want or do not want on CalGuns shirts, hats, hoodies, etc.

Gentlemen, we love you, but please don't answer this thread. This is not for you. I'm sure someone will start a thread for you somewhere if you want to weigh in on the men's Calguns shirts, etc)

We women already been through the discussions of
  • lets have some loose styles and some fitted styles (done deal)
  • lets have some various weights of T shirts to acommodate different weather, lets have some long sleeve, some short sleeve (done deal)
  • lets have actual womens, misses and juniors sizing so we don't have to pay for men's sizes (done deal)
  • some women are curvy, some are slim, so fitted and boxy styles should be offered (done deal)
  • popular colors seem to be black, blue (light and dark), pink or white (not a done deal)
THIS thread is about CalGuns Logos and Placements. One issue is "how overt do you want to be?"

Some women don't like to be identified with guns when they are not at the range and like the rather discreet shirts with only "CGN" on the left upper chest. Some women want to 'wear it proud' and have big logo's, either front or back or lettering down the sleeve. Most don't like large print or art across their chests, inviting "stares", but some do. Some only want art, etc. on the back.

One of the issues is that we have a new logo that can be put on shirts for CGSSA, which is a new organization inside Calguns, mainly for C3's to put on events, like shoots and meets. The CGSSA logo has a picture of a rifleman on it. We wonder if that would fall into the category of overt or discreet. I'm not sure how big it would be on a shirt, but I'll find out and update. But smallish, I think.) The logo is shown at the bottom of the first post in this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=629065

That said, what other things would make you happy or not, about CalGuns stuff?

We like people to wear Calguns shirts, hats, hoodies, etc at our shoots and meets or just on the range, or anywhere, so people can find each other and we represent CalGuns well. (People who help at shoots often get free goodies. Hint, Hint). Our main seller http://gunsr4.us/ is most anxious to get us ladies what we really want. But he's not a mindreader and he's not really able to do one-off custom work.

So, please say what your ideal T shirt or hat would be like, what logo you'd like and where to place it. For instance, mine is a short sleeve, high v-neck, fitted T shirt, a beautiful shade of teal, with a darker teal "Calguns.net" on the left upper chest, blank back. The Sacramento Chapter has also asked for a batch of (12?) T shirts to be made up special for Sac, eventually, to be black with gold lettering 'cause we're the Gold Country, see? (no other chapters get black and gold...)

So, give us your ideas. Please say what you'd like enough to buy or to work for as a volunteer.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 12-04-2012 at 1:33 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 2:30 PM

Well I was playing with this idea in my head for a while now, I like WoCG in a stencil font like the kind used on old mil boxes, vehicles etc. Maybe a bear head logo forward facing growling, saying WCG underneath, like the wolfpack patch here:

Just tossing ideas, maybe calguns signature gear partnered with companies like tad, maxpedition, zulu etc for nylon goods? Maybe with tactical tailor, uspalm, for other nylon signature goods with CG logo?

Actually doodling design for my custom rubber patch for my training rig, and for some of the gals in my bike/car and shooting club, ATHENA TACTICS.

What have you guys come up with so far?

Would be nice to have a huge CG shield on back shirt, small WOCG lettering on the left front. Maybe on coyote, or fg, shirts? My little hellspawn just suggested, what about a cute little CG bear, cute.
Old 12-04-2012, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post

So, please say what your ideal T shirt or hat would be like, what logo you'd like and where to place it. For instance, mine is a short sleeve, high v-neck, fitted T shirt, a beautiful shade of teal, with a darker teal "Calguns.net" on the left upper chest, blank back.
I'd love something like that (yay teal) however I wouldn't mind having something on the back. Nothing too sheer so the bra doesn't show through.

I must be blind but I didn't see the mentioned logo anywhere.

I wouldn't mind having this on the back, no text or anything.

Last edited by Steph; 12-04-2012 at 5:42 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 6:23 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

onequickshift is a woman.....

i stopped myself from responding the OP yesterday when i first read it because i wanted to make sure i would still feel the same way about Women of Calguns....me specifically....wearing a rifleman on a shirt and i find i still feel the same way about it today so here it comes with both barrels: i personally don't want the picture of some guy on any t-shirt i'd wear in support of Women Shooters. calguns only logo? maybe. but i won't be buying anything with a rifleman on it.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 12-04-2012, 6:35 PM

Figured out why I couldn't see the image...it was in his signature. For anyone else like me who has them disabled, this is the image.

Can't say I'm a fan, would rather have the regular Calguns logo.
Old 12-04-2012, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
onequickshift is a woman.....
I thought so too. Reminds me of this thread...., happens to all of us, women too.
Old 12-04-2012, 8:17 PM

yep. i see three of us in that thread, though!
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 12-07-2012, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
Quickshift, if you are not a woman, you were specifically asked not to participate here.
lol. I must come off very head strong, I am a woman...lol. Its fine, was just suggestions, I am running another project for women, ex mil or current, and LE called Athena Tactics, clothing, signature gear, been doing custom engraving on stuff like Strider Knives, Esee, Surefire lights, yada yada.

I know how frustrating it can be to come up with ideas, so thought I'd input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
I thought so too. Reminds me of this thread...., happens to all of us, women too.
Well to be fair, I keep it unknown, I had an account on here years ago, and didn't mind PerSec, and because of who I was, and back then I modeled a lot, all I got was hounding on here, day in day out, so I stopped using, and left the site for a long time, before returning. Now with work as it is, I observe PerSec much more closely, as to avoid any ident means here. As well, to keep some people away. lol. Creepers are never fun, especially on a fire arms oriented site.

Last edited by onequickshift; 12-07-2012 at 5:08 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 5:22 PM

Getting back on topic....I know how a lot of you feel about pink, but I would totally wear a nice magenta shirt as well.

Is there any ETA on when these will be available?
Old 12-07-2012, 8:16 PM

Ladies, you spoke and the CGSSA hierarchy heard you about only having a rifle man on the CGSSA logo.

BTW, shirts are being printed in batches now for the men's sizes. Printing is being held up on the women's shirts until the logo topic is resolved.

Please tell us anything else you wanted to say about shirts, hats, etc.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 12-08-2012 at 3:18 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 8:35 PM

I don't mind pink, I would not wear any male looking logo if it were for women. Why does it need be gender specific? I do not like this logo.

ok there you have my opinion~~
Old 12-07-2012, 9:47 PM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
Figured out why I couldn't see the image...it was in his signature. For anyone else like me who has them disabled, this is the image.

Can't say I'm a fan, would rather have the regular Calguns logo.
I think some are missing something here.

The logo shown above is the logo for CGSSA, the Calguns Shooting Sports Association, not a logo for specific clubs within Calguns or CGSSA.
It is the logo for the entire Association, designed primarily to identify CGSSA and be recognizable at a distance.

Unfortunately there is only so much real estate on a logo and the more you add the more it looks like a misshapen blob at anything more then 10 feet.
Kind of like me.

Basically, it's an identifier for an organization, if you make several variants to fit different groups it stops being an identifier and become just a template.
We need one consistent logo that is the organization's identifier, after that there are plenty of other options.

Honestly if there is a desire to have within Calguns and CGSSA a Women of Calguns club then rather than making alterations to the main CGSSA logo why not design a logo specifically for the WoCG?

It opens up far more options to design something that you would really like rather than trying to shoehorn something acceptable in to an existing logo.
I suspect in the future there will be discussion of a Calguns Kids Club for younger shooters and this sets the precedence for that and other specialized groups within the overall organization to identify themselves among the larger whole.

Think in terms of a shirt with a smaller CGSSA logo on the sleeve and a larger WoCG logo on the front, back or both.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:07 PM

That's where I was getting confused. I thought this was going to be just a Calguns shirt, not a more specialized CGSSA shirt.
Old 12-27-2012, 7:54 PM
CGN Contributor

I am a woman and would like a WoCG oriented shirt. I am fine with the CGSSA logo on the sleeve but most likely would not buy the shirt if it was on the front. Oh and I love pink and red but any colors would work too! This is a good idea and can't wait to see what is finalized!

Onequickshift - I knew you were a woman from all your informative posts!
Old 12-27-2012, 9:01 PM

Calguns wants women involved, this would just push them away, again/more. The identifier...is male. Not getting the BIG picture here.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM

This might be off topic(?) but a jersey would be awesome. They're comfy/loose/good looking/don't really fade in color/more ventilation (good for run n gun ^_^), and you can wear a long sleeve under them for cold weather. A sky-blue color would be a little more girly, but still a calguns color. Bad side would be that they would cost more than cotton tshirts though =/ Maybe not a fancy/complicated jersey, but like a mesh shirt/polyester kinda jersey.
Old 01-01-2013, 1:39 PM

Id love a fitted wife beater with one logo on upper center on front and a small logo on the back, off to one side.

I like darker colors like grey or black or dk blue.

Im excited to see what kinds of shirts you guys come up with.
Old 01-04-2013, 2:23 PM

No rifleman for me please... I know I'm new to posting but my husband had been on this forum for years and I read all the time but for personal reasons I've kept to myself until now. Subtle is usually more tasteful in my opinion as I would bee more inclined to wear it around town rather than only shooting events. I'm not really a pink person either when it's not Komen Race for the Cure time either. I like the idea of creating a female only logo but I realize that may be cost prohibitive. Even if you only change the font to exude femininity .
Old 01-04-2013, 2:26 PM

Forgot to mention if it's a v-neck it should be a really high v-neck I don't know about anyone else but I had brass go down my shirt once (lesson learned)
Old 01-08-2013, 12:46 PM

New to calguns... I support Breast Cancer Awareness and Fight...but no PINK! Dark green... crew neck then a long sleeve shirt could be worn underneath. Not too sheer or tight fitting...some of us see our "curves" every day...we do not need to flaunt it.

I agree with the other woman who said, "nothing male/guy like logo"...

...no flowers... lol "We are not 'flowery-type' of women with firearms!"

"Women of Calguns.net" ?? There is no Greek Goddess who carries .22 or shotguns...etc...I mean, Artemis - Goddess of Hunt and Moon...deadly with a bow and arrow... lol
Old 02-08-2013, 6:04 PM

Girl cut please, no cap sleeves with 1-3X options or women's jersey/raglan style. Black as an option because honestly, pink/white/grey is too damn easy to get dirty. I am not so well blessed in the chest department so Men's t shirts tend to look terrible on me, women's fitted is so much better.
1951 Ruger Mark I .22LR
ISSC M2 .22LR (teaching pistol for Pink Pistols)

Personal and Portfolio www.desdemmonna.com
Requiem Rose Designs www.requiemrose.com
Founder/Instruction and Range Safety Coordinator www.oaklandpinkpistols.org
Manager Ansambl Luython http://www.luython.com/
Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 PM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf

"Vaginas are more regulated than guns" from Women's Rights Facebook page.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySig View Post
Forgot to mention if it's a v-neck it should be a really high v-neck I don't know about anyone else but I had brass go down my shirt once (lesson learned)
I was going to say that exactly. The v-neck is an issue when shooting. got burned very bad once so now I wear a regular t shirt to shoot. Would love an option for crew neck to wear shooting. I think the calguns logo on back is fine and say black with purple(im partial)writing. I would also love something for us female veterans
Old 02-13-2013, 2:31 PM

I like the V-Neck and black/dark grey are ok on color for "basics" but I don't like pink so I'd say purple as well as pink. As for logos... I'm not good at making them but I agree it should be a woman not a guy, not that we don't love them, just that if we're promoting women shooting... it should be easy to tell without having to 'read the breastline' if you know what I mean. lol Or the logo could go on the back as well... a bigger version with a catch phrase? Just tossing out ideas.
Old 02-13-2013, 5:19 PM
C3 Leader

Location: Flagstaff, Arizona up the hill at 7,000ft. originally from Minnesota, this ain't snow, its flurries

Hi Ladies,
I am Vick, owner of GunsR4.us apparel since its inception back in January 2006. I am a male, a 63 year old retired Marine and a Grandfather.

We can have any number of designs on a shirt or many shirts. Volume does make things less expensive so ideally several designs would be best.

Regarding specific artwork for a WoCG design or logo, don't think it needs to be a finalized version, scribbles work. A concept will get us going in the right direction as I have access to a couple of artist types that bring concepts to life.

Usually I get a rough sketch on ruled 3 hole loose leaf paper with an idea. We then sketch out from there to creation. Post or PM your ideas around the responders here. Of over 1200 views to this thread there are only 24 posts. Many lurkers with ideas out there, maybe some of them will PM you an idea?

The cost of a logo on a shirt is is the same regardless of logo or print. The number of types and colors of the shirts is where cost becomes a major factor, again volume reduces cost.

Because of the myriad of styles, colors, weights and fabrics I stayed with what I thought a female would prefer at the firing line. That meant crew neck shirts and darker colors, long or short sleeve was optional.

I have accounts with
Trimountain.com,
SanMar.com,
BroderBros.com,
Condoroutdoor.com,
OutdoorCap.com,
TMR.com,
Ottocap.com,
MissionImprintables.com
and currently setting up 511Tactical.com, anyone can browse the catalogs and see what is available.

Seriously, any help is greatly appreciated.

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Picnic Time
Old 02-13-2013, 9:16 PM

excuse my ignorance, vick: when you say you have accounts with the links you provided, does that mean you can order from these companies? and then have a logo placed on the selected merchandise?
Quote:
Old 02-14-2013, 7:05 AM
C3 Leader

Location: Flagstaff, Arizona up the hill at 7,000ft. originally from Minnesota, this ain't snow, its flurries

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
excuse my ignorance, vick: when you say you have accounts with the links you provided, does that mean you can order from these companies? and then have a logo placed on the selected merchandise?
Correct.

I order a piece, a dozen or a case of any one item from the above outfits. They ship it to me or the shop that is going to perform the imprinting or embroidery for me. I pick it up when complete, break the order down, take pics and post it on the GunsR4us site. Sometimes I post it directly to a Calguns.net thread.

Prices at the wholesale level are setup by the case, T-shirts are usually 72, for best pricing. That is a case of one color and one size shirts, no mixed colors or sizing. Small to extra large are grouped at one price, 2x will go up by $5-$6 sometimes more and a 3x an added $3-4 over the 2x price and so on to 6x. The quantities for the 2x and up drop to 36 per case.

If ordering only a dozen the price goes up a few dollars per piece, if ordering less than a dozen the per piece price goes up yet again. Volume is less expensive.

Port & Co. came out with the Essential line of T-shirts, same colors and material for both male and female which is what I have been using since a crew neck is preferred at the firing line and 100% cotton.

The artwork for most all the shirts I put out for Calgunners appears to be somewhat bland for most tastes. I stay away from putting the Calguns name on anything deviating from our goal of being all inclusive, brand protection I suppose. Leaving the blood and guts, 'kill'em all and let God sort'em out' stuff to other T-shirt outfits.

My purpose is to change this state's anti-gun stance which is best accomplished by supporting the Calguns mission.

Anything you see in those catalogs I can order and resell with or without imprinting the garment.
Some manufacturer's have a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) that me or any other retailer cannot go below for advertising sales. They police this policy quite well and will close your account faster than PayPal catching you selling an AK-47.

The more artwork designs we have the easier it is to divy up a case of shirts. From what I have been reading on this thread there at least 2 designs needed for a Women of Calguns design. One somewhat aggressive and another more subtle, an identifier amongst Calgunners like a secret handshake.

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Picnic Time
Old 02-14-2013, 7:51 AM
CGN Contributor

Hi Vick,

Yes this sounds great to me and the following statement you made was right-on for me:

"From what I have been reading on this thread there at least 2 designs needed for a Women of Calguns design. One somewhat aggressive and another more subtle, an identifier amongst Calgunners like a secret handshake."

I would really love a v-neck option to wear when I am not shooting as well.

By the way we love our hoodies! So comfy!
Old 02-14-2013, 7:55 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartref View Post
I am a woman and would like a WoCG oriented shirt. I am fine with the CGSSA logo on the sleeve but most likely would not buy the shirt if it was on the front. Oh and I love pink and red but any colors would work too! This is a good idea and can't wait to see what
I am retracting an earlier statement. After seeing the CGSSA logo I would buy a woman's shirt with this logo on the front.