Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2013, 6:24 AM
Veteran Member

Default Peep sight for Rossi M92

I want to put a peep sight on my .357 Rossi levergun. I could go to a gunsmith & drill & tap for a Williams 5D (or similar). I could go with the Steve's Gunz bolt mounted peep sight, which has the advantage of getting rid of that butt ugly (useless & possibly dangerous) "safety" as well.

http://store.stevesgunz.com/index.ph...&products_id=5

But money is tight & my browsing thru the 'net lead me to this:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod27265.aspx

The advantages here are that its a lot cheaper, is something that I could mount all by myself & almost matches the original looks (not a big issue, but something to consider). The disadvantage is that I'd still have to get a plug for the hole that will remain after I pull the butt ugly safety.

The reviews on-line are positive. But the reviews are also on Brownells, which has no interest in seeing one of their own products slammed. So, I'd like to hear from anyone here who has used the Marble sight & get their thoughts on the thing. I'm just not sure about the whole 'peep within a peep' way of doing things. Also, I'm thinking about removing the inner peep & using just the outer peep, "ghost ring" style.

Any thoughts on this, or regarding the Steve's Gunz sight, gratefully appreciated.

If anyone knows of a north San Diego county gunsmith familiar with Rossi leverguns, & their care & feeding, I'd like to know that as well.

Thanks.

The Raisuli

WTB: 9mm cylinder for Taurus Mod. 85