Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-01-2018, 9:03 PM
Veteran Member

We'll all have a chance to execute Molon Labe for real.
Old 06-02-2018, 7:27 AM

I'm so freaking disappointed it's like going uphill on slippery slope
Old 06-02-2018, 3:30 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderr View Post
If appealed all the way, hopefully SCOTUS will finally step in and act on a judge decision strictly contradicting Heller. Well, hopefully...

Whatever planet you're on I'd like to go there too.
California Rifle and Pistol Association - http://crpa.org/membership/
Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - https://www.sacsheriff.com/Pages/Org.../SIIB/CCW.aspx
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Old 06-03-2018, 8:55 AM
Calguns Addict

I guess now its wait for the appeal and what happens with any injunction that may be asked. Hopefully we will get an answer very soon.

This State is crapola on rye.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-03-2018, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
and what happens with any injunction that may be asked
As far as I understand it (someone more knowledgeable than I can likely correct me), there is no possibility for an injunction at this point. To quote wikipedia:
Quote:
A preliminary injunction, in equity, is an injunction entered by a court prior to a final determination of the merits of a legal case, in order to restrain a party from going ahead with a course of conduct [...] until the case has been decided.
The judge has issued his ruling. The case is decided. Before June 30th passes, any "Assault weapons" still in possession must be registered, modified, moved or destroyed. An injunction prevents a law from going into effect. Injunctions cannot be issued to prevent prosecutions under a current law.

An appeals court can overturn the law, but at that point it only allows for new weapons to be sold, or weapons which had previously been modified to be returned to their prior, 2015-legal "BB" state.
Old 06-05-2018, 1:37 PM

Tell me that I am over reacting, but this specific case seems to signal the complete breakdown of California's government system. With a one party system, basically the legislators can do what they like, CADOJ can actually edit and adjust laws as they see fit, and the courts will look the other way.

I'd go so far to say that now the Dept. of Justice is basically the ruling branch as they can now write and enforce law.
WTB: Pietta 45lc conversion cylinder
Old 06-15-2018, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousuke View Post
Tell me that I am over reacting, but this specific case seems to signal the complete breakdown of California's government system. With a one party system, basically the legislators can do what they like, CADOJ can actually edit and adjust laws as they see fit, and the courts will look the other way.

I'd go so far to say that now the Dept. of Justice is basically the ruling branch as they can now write and enforce law.
Now you understand why I am moving to Idaho. What is amazing is that I heard on the radio today that there are more registered independent voters in California than Dems and Reps combined. So please explain, if you can, why this state has gone to hell in a hand basket and continues in the direction they have been going and nothing is being done to correct its course? Does independent mean that one does not like what is happening but are too lazy to do anything about it?
Old 06-15-2018, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
Now you understand why I am moving to Idaho. What is amazing is that I heard on the radio today that there are more registered independent voters in California than Dems and Reps combined. So please explain, if you can, why this state has gone to hell in a hand basket and continues in the direction they have been going and nothing is being done to correct its course? Does independent mean that one does not like what is happening but are too lazy to do anything about it?
It's actually just more independent voters than republicans, the dems are still the majority. I think independent means you don't like either party, but I think also independents are slightly more conservative than normal dems.
Old 06-15-2018, 9:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abinsinia View Post
It's actually just more independent voters than republicans, the dems are still the majority. I think independent means you don't like either party, but I think also independents are slightly more conservative than normal dems.
I'm in that camp as I didn't register with either party. I do generally vote republican in this state.
WTB: Pietta 45lc conversion cylinder
Old 06-15-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post

I'm in Idaho right now... Full of people from the Bay Area. Sorry.
Old 06-18-2018, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpcservice View Post
I'm in Idaho right now... Full of people from the Bay Area. Sorry.
Hopefully they didn't bring their leftist agenda with them.
Old 06-19-2018, 9:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltFedMusket View Post
Hopefully they didn't bring their leftist agenda with them.
I theorize that they all of a sudden can't stand what California has become but fail to realize they are the reason... They will then move to a surrounding state with better schools and a more family friendly lifestyle. This environment will fade at an exponential rate with the passing of each election cycle until the new state will be as bad off as CA.

I submit Oregon and Washington State as exhibits A and B.