Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 11-30-2013, 3:52 PM

Default BF4 for PC locking up PC randomly.

Anyone else experiencing this? Every now and again bf4 will lock up and its really annoying. good thing I only paid 34 bucks for the deluxe on a black Friday deal, otherwise I would have been pissed.
Old 11-30-2013, 4:06 PM
Calguns Addict

I'd look at your video card, video card settings or any updates.
Old 11-30-2013, 4:08 PM

playing BF4 is the problem...issues abound on ANY platform!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5217944685108/

Quote:
CRASHES & FREEZES
-Fixed a crash that would occur randomly during gameplay.
-Fixed a crash that would occur when an object is destroyed.
-Every time that a player exited a vehicle, there was a small chance that the server would crash. This has been fixed.
-Fixed an occasional crash during SP gameplay.
-Fixed a crash that would occur during level loading.
-Sometimes the game would attempt to load a model at the same time as it was being thrown out of memory. This has been fixed.
-Sometimes the game would crash after removing old bullet holes/scratch marks in the world. This has been fixed.
-Sometimes when a player or enemy was sitting in the jeep gunner entry and got killed, his body would rest on the vehicle in such a way that the physics simulation would require lots of CPU usage. This has been solved.
-Fixed a crash occurring on Flood Zone when playing Conquest Large.
-Fixed a common crash relating to surface shaders.
-Fixed a crash on Test Range that could occur when using sniper rifles.
-Fixed a common crash that occurred during map transition.
-Fixed a crash that occurred when bringing up Battlescreen in-game on the Test Range.
-Fixed a memory allocation bug that could lead to crashing.
-Fixed a single player crash that could sometimes occur when being killed by AI enemies.
-Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck in infinite loading if you got disconnected while trying to access online content.
-Fixed an issue in single player in the South China Sea mission where the game would crash when idle for more than 60 minutes.
-Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck in infinite loading if you used Win+L to lock your PC during loading.
Old 11-30-2013, 4:17 PM

Memory leaks all over that game.

Also, make sure to download the latest video drivers.
Old 11-30-2013, 5:12 PM

Card is good. Drivers are up to date.. I can play bf3 and other games no issue....only BF4 occasionally.
Old 11-30-2013, 5:35 PM
Calguns Addict

I guess they QC test the game on all the gamers instead of proofing it before release?

I remember when game companies actually identified and fixed all the bugs BEFORE releasing a game. It was called Nintendo cir 1986

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.
Old 11-30-2013, 5:45 PM
Veteran Member

I've having this issue too. I have the latest ati drivers.
Old 11-30-2013, 7:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

It has nothing to do with drivers, or even your computer. To say the game has problems is putting it mildly.

One day the game works fine for me mostly, the next day I can connect to maybe 1 out of every 4 servers and if I'm lucky there's only a 50% chance that during the round I'll get disconnected/server crashes/game crashes or something else making it totally unplayable occurs. Nevermind that stupid screen blur effect they claim is from the commander EMP but occurs in game modes where a commander can't even be in the game to launch an EMP. Sometimes I don't see it, other times it happens every 5-10 seconds(which is much faster than the commander EMP cooldown anyway).

And at least they fixed the netcode(by comparison to what it was at launch), but you can still dump a 30 round mag into a player at 5' on occasion and get no hit markers, while they have all the time in the world to turn around and 1 hit kill headshot glitch you with a PDW or something. Then there's the counterknifing that doesn't always work because the game thought the player attacked you from the side, the counterknifing that works when it shouldn't because the game thought you were running straight into the player's face instead of sneaking up on them from behind. The "I'm shooting this guy he's about to die, great my teammate ran up and knifed him stealing the kill" is another fun one. Oh, you want sound so you can hear that tank sneaking up behind you? Well too bad, you're playing lancang dam or golmud railway, no sound for you! Oh hey, that squadmate just hit you with the paddles, cool, now just get up and... oh wait the game won't let you res. Ok, maybe try and re-deploy? Nope. Have fun sitting there till you quit the game and re-join.

I'm not even going to get started on the players...(ok, just this one... HIT THE ****ING Q BUTTON TO SPOT ENEMIES).

When it works, it's fun. When it doesn't work(which varies from day to day, player to play, PC to PC), it's a mess.

Last edited by Merc1138; 11-30-2013 at 7:16 PM..
Old 11-30-2013, 9:11 PM

lmao... I thought my Video card was bugging out the first time I experienced the screen blur effect.... to the point where I went and backed out of my game and turned down my VC over clock..I think its stupid that they do stuff like that... like is my player wearing google glasses? how does an EMP effect my eyes?
Old 12-01-2013, 2:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev20914 View Post
lmao... I thought my Video card was bugging out the first time I experienced the screen blur effect.... to the point where I went and backed out of my game and turned down my VC over clock..I think its stupid that they do stuff like that... like is my player wearing google glasses? how does an EMP effect my eyes?
Well, you DO have a HUD with all kinds of crap on it up on the screen, so maybe that's what they were going for? But it would happen constantly without the EMP so it was clearly bugged anyway. They already said they're removing it in the next patch. Along with fixing the 1 hit kill headshot bug and some of the problems with audio cutting out IIRC.