Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 AM

Default Nice SEI M1A Crazy Horse, Frisco - TX, Will Ship!

Make: (SEI) M1A Crazy Horse Semi-Automatic Sniper System

Model: M1A

Caliber: .308 Win

Location (city or county):

Price: $2,500 OBO

Will ship (Y/N): Yes, See terms below.

Posting this for a friend who has recently relocated to Texas, and needs to sell a beautiful rifle to assist with the move. He unfortunately does not have a Calguns account, however he was an avid lurker on these boards. Several board members with very positive feedback will vouch for this gentleman, as will I. Any questions, please PM for an email address and I will get you in contact with the seller.

This is a Smith Enterprise Inc (SEI) M14 / M1A Crazy Horse Semi-Automatic Sniper System / Squad Designated Marksman/Designated Marksman Rife (SDM/DMR) rifle. This is a true sub-MOA gun with good ammunition.

This rifle was built using a Fulton Armory receiver, bolt, and operating rod. The rest of the parts were provided by Smith Enterprise and mostly USGI, all inside an upgraded USGI M14 fiberglass stock, including a medium-heavy 18" Crazy Horse barrel, M80HT. I would be happy to show you the original invoice from SEI to show how much I paid for it - just shoot me an email.

The rifle cost about $4,500 to build. This is about as close as you can get to the real M14SE. Go to www.smithenterprise.com to read up on the modifications to the standard M14/M1A type rifle.

INCLUDED ARE THE FOLLOWING: SEI Lightweight QD MIL STD 1913 bipod, Sadlak tactical mag release, Sadlack op rod spring guide, direct connect Vortex compensator (this is the California legal version), dovetail gas lock front sight, SEI tuned trigger (MAX-PAK), SEI MIL STD 1913 Picatinny Tri Rail, Quick-Detach swivel mount, a QD swivel, a Troy two-point battle sling, a Desert Warrior Products adjustable cheek riser (much easier to clean than the fabric ones that start to stink after a while), and Bassett Machine scope mount. I initially bought the rifle with an SEI scope mount, but it kept shooting loose. Then a friend of mine told me to try the Bassett, and it holds perfectly. Do your research and you'll see that this is the best mount you can get because it is the simplest and sturdiest.

The stock and handguard are used USGI M14 fiberglass so they show some sign of use. Aside from a handful of test fire shots by SEI before the rifle came to me, this rifle has had exactly 382 rounds through it. I shot one 20-round box of Black Hills good stuff, then bought 500 rounds of M118LR. I have 138 rounds left, meaning I put 20 Black Hills and 362 M118LR through it for a total of 382. The headstamp says LC 05 LR which means Lake City, 2005, Long Range. Comes with a 10 round mag.

Scope and rings are NOT included! The Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50mm FFP scope is not included, but I will sell both the scope and rings with the rifle for an additional $800. That's $200 below MSRP for practically brand new scope and rings that you won't have to worry about mounting and zeroing. That way, you'll be ready to rock right out of the box.

Must ship to FFL! I don’t have an FFL, so make sure your dealer accepts firearms sent by individuals. Shipping is $40 by UPS Ground with insurance. I take cashier's checks or money orders.

Links to multiple pictures below.

http://s914.photobucket.com/user/mleslie81/slideshow/
Old 09-13-2013, 5:51 AM

Seller is good to go! Its a beautiful rifle people. I've seen it and even fired a couple rounds out of it.
Old 09-13-2013, 7:01 AM
Veteran Member

Great guy. Excellent rifle. Buy with confidence.
Old 09-19-2013, 8:26 AM

This amazing thing still for sale???!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugacookie View Post
This amazing thing still for sale???!!!
I believe we have struck a deal.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:09 PM

Very cool Bigyates, you will love this rifle!
Old 10-20-2013, 9:53 PM

Deal was done... excellent buyer and very pleasant transaction! Thanks much.