Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 12-23-2012, 3:46 PM

Default dealers now making up there own laws

well, here is my nighmare today, went to Gun Room shooting range to do PPT on a BCM AR, was told they don't do black rifles...guy saidnhe don't care what the law says....GS no.1on my boycott list.

next over to Big 5 down the street....manager says DOJ has made no ruling on AR's so he won't transfer....2nd on Boycott list.

Now of to stockton to Outdoor sportsman, called before we drove 30miles in a driving rain storm..they were good to go.
well, upon examination of the rifle the guy says no go, the bullet button is one that is not calif proved, I advise there is no "Calif approved BB" he then states its not one he is familiar with...manager, owner backs him....i even said I woild remove the BB, he said that is no legal,This moron sells stripped lowers, has AR's on the shelf and he wont due the deed....I am done for the day.....wtf, is this what its come too here? im off to Sac Black Rifle next Saturday...
Old 12-23-2012, 5:34 PM

I have had this problem before. Now I always call ahead if its a shop I'm not familiar with. There are 5shops with in 15 miles of the Gun Room that will do AR's. But it's Sunday and they are all closed. I like doing PPT's at the Gun Room, They are open 7 days a week unusually till 8pm. Most of the time the shop is empty because their prices are so high, So I'm in and out.
Old 12-23-2012, 5:52 PM

The gun room is a communist run bunch of idiots that are self serving, they won't do black rifles but they sell the black rifle .22.s, on top of that the moron manager or owner or who ever he was stated he did not care what the laws are about having to do ppt.....frankly, I hope ANY gunshop that does not perform the services that are required of a gun shop and picks and chooses so that the civilian looking to abide by the law, goes out of business.
Its just like the dicks on Gun Broker, many many dealers will not do any business in calif....fine, don't, your just dividing the gun industry even more then it is.....I thought it was bad when I was a dealer many years ago....it's as worse as I have seen it....and suppose will get worse.
Old 12-23-2012, 6:03 PM
Calguns Addict

They won't do it as they want buyers to purchase their heavily marked up rifles. You are just competing with them. They are all stupid people.
2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)
Old 12-23-2012, 6:09 PM

Are they or are they not required to do all ppt's and not have restrictions on them?
Old 12-23-2012, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehummerguy View Post
Are they or are they not required to do all ppt's and not have restrictions on them?
CA DOJ is NOT going to hassle someone who says he refused a PPT because he thought the gun was an illegal AW.
"[T]he liberties of the American people [are] dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box . . without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country." -- Frederick Douglass (1892)
Old 12-23-2012, 6:44 PM

They could list it on their website. I stood in line for 35 mins while non multi tasking employees made long work of their tasks to be told they do not transfer black rifles(My PPT was in line with me with a black tactical bag,hello!). I made the trip from Modesto. I made a call to them not even bothering to ask if they transferred black rifles or not. Wild Bills was my first choice anyway. Unfortunately for me, they were closed.

Last edited by rickster1269; 12-23-2012 at 6:48 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 6:53 PM

Hey OP! It's me the guy that was in front of you in line at the GR. I called Big 5 after you guys left and was told some mumbo jumbo about new policy. We ended up at Cordova shooting range not far off Grant Line. We did our transfer quickly with no hassle. Glad to have met you! Hope this helps!
Old 12-23-2012, 6:57 PM

Dam it, I should have followed you....good the have met you too!
Old 12-23-2012, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdawg View Post
CA DOJ is NOT going to hassle someone who says he refused a PPT because he thought the gun was an illegal AW.
The first shop was straight up no black rifles...3rd was an idiot who did not know any other bullet button but prince....he tried over and over to drop a mag out of the receiver with his finger and it would not, had to use a pen....says it was not calif approved....that is just bs. Like I said....hope to see them closed.
Old 12-23-2012, 7:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehummerguy View Post
well, here is my nighmare today, went to Gun Room shooting range to do PPT on a BCM AR, was told they don't do black rifles...guy saidnhe don't care what the law says....GS no.1on my boycott list.
Is this the Gun Room in Elk Grove? If so, why the hell you going there to do ANY business anyway?
Old 12-23-2012, 8:05 PM

Gee wiz....cuz I wanted to drive an hour and 20mins.....because the seller picked the shop, if I had it my way I would have never left the Bay Area as there are plenty of shops I deal with locally.
Old 12-23-2012, 8:08 PM
Veteran Member

The gun owner should have known better. You guys could have just ... oh wait, Wild Bill's is closed on Sunday.
Old 12-23-2012, 8:16 PM

take your business to Tracy rifle and pistol they will treat you right
Old 12-23-2012, 8:16 PM

Yep....and he can only meet weekends....Thursday was out for me, I had other ppt's on Saturday...anyone know of a good dealer in Vacaville...other then guns and fishing shop...or what ever the name is of hwy80.
Old 12-24-2012, 9:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

If you don't document it and report it to the CA DOJ, then nothing will ever be done. Even if you do, nothing might be done, but at least there is a chance.

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 12-25-2012, 7:47 AM

Hey guys. Probably no one reading this thread still, but I am the seller and I think it's a little unfair to say that I should have known about the Gun room. I did call in advance to make sure they did transfers and they said nothing about only on certain guns. I have never shopped at this place so how would I know? The buyer asked for Elk Grove and I couldn't find any other place open there.

Anyway, believe me, I am just as pissed as hummerguy about this. We drove all over the f@cking place for 4 hours trying to get this done and and now we have to go try again next weekend. If I had known, I probably would have just kept it. I will say thay I have purchased guns at Outdoor Sportsman in Stockton before and they will not see me in there again.
Old 12-25-2012, 8:04 AM

Decode, you are a soldier, it was a bad situation made worse by Those gun dealers ridiculous policies and interpretations. I want to thank you beyond words for going the extra mile on Sunday, I have never in 30yrs seen anything like it....just an update folks, the bullet button that the guy in stockton knew nothing about is a Vamfire MLD....the lower receiver is a BCM, so there should not have been Any issues on the 3rd dealer.

decode, Merry XMAS
Old 12-25-2012, 10:03 AM

You too Sir. I did admire you giving those guys a piece of your mind while we were there. You are a real stand up guy and we will get it done this Saturday for sure.

Merry x-mas to you too!