Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:40 AM

Cool Gun shops

Is it me???
Why is it that I walk into a gunshop and the sales force have a terrible time seeing through my invisibility cloak, I'm polite clean looking not a kid anyway
Are all gunshops trained to be rude and ignore possible customers??
I hope I didn't open a can of worms

Last edited by simihacker; 12-07-2012 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Misspell word
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

The whole "dominate" thing dont work for me. Clean cut, hands outta pockets, no Bulky Clothing, decent Credit, a Job, lol. I always give them the benefit of the doubt too...I GET IT, they deal with Idiots looking Sketchy, POOR Gun handling etc...

Anyone can get an Attitude & to a Certain extent, working at a Gunstore COULD be tough. No excuses, they know who`s sketchy & who isnt. For the "you never know who" guys, they`re part of the problem.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM

If you're USMC, go in wearing your BDU and see what happens.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by simihacker View Post
Is it me???
Why is it that I walk into a gunshop and the sales force have a terrible time seeing through my invisibility cloak, I'm polite clean looking not a kid anyway
Are all gunshops trained to be rude and ignore possible customers??
I hope I didn't open a can of worms
depends on the shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian777 View Post
...Don't pick either side....
Old 12-07-2012, 12:49 PM

Maybe your cammo is working really well.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:54 PM

this again......ugh what is happening at Calguns?? Do a search OP
Old 12-07-2012, 1:17 PM
Veteran Member

How bout giving your location and we can direct you to helpful shops.

In San Diego, everyone at Project 2000 has ALWAYS been quick to ask me what they could do for me. Always quick to show you a firearm.

Parallax is good to but a victim of their own success, sometimes can be VERY busy in there and can be several minutes until you are helped.
Old 12-07-2012, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_load_letter View Post
How bout giving your location and we can direct you to helpful shops.

In San Diego, everyone at Project 2000 has ALWAYS been quick to ask me what they could do for me. Always quick to show you a firearm.

Parallax is good to but a victim of their own success, sometimes can be VERY busy in there and can be several minutes until you are helped.
Never been to P2K, but Parallax is good. I have never been there where they were that busy. Also Direct Action Solutions in Solana Beach is great. And Wiser Owl just opened by Miramar. They have amazing FFL Transfer prices.

NRA Life Member...Are you?!?!

Can't wait to be DEEP SEA!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." Thomas Jefferson 1787

Old 12-07-2012, 1:48 PM

Ammo Brothers is a very good shop. They have a number system, go in, take a number and you get helped when you're number is next. Great system and it works well!
Old 12-07-2012, 8:13 PM

You need to go in with a hand full of $100 bills, waive them in the air and yell as loud as possible "I HAVE MONEY AND I AM READY TO BUY!!!"
Old 12-08-2012, 7:33 PM

my normal shop knows me and always help when they can
Old 12-08-2012, 9:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G View Post
this again......ugh what is happening at Calguns?? Do a search OP
He's new. Be patient and welcoming. Plus, the search function leaves a lot to be desired. About the worse one I've ever seen.
Old 12-08-2012, 9:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

i suggest you do a search here on Calguns; the topic of gunshops (good and bad) has been covered here many times over, and i'm sure you'll find your effort rewarded with valuable information.

in my neck of the woods, there are a few shops that stand out for my liking. i appreciate the great treatment that has been extended to me at Bain and Davis Gun Shop (san gabriel) and at Alamo Jewelry & Loan (west covina).
Old 12-08-2012, 9:38 PM
Calguns Addict

I've been to a few firearm related shops and beside the firing line most LGS treat me like a pariah. funny thing is they never get my money, the ones i've been to that i like i was/am loyal to. Still sucks that my favorite FFL went under.

Alpha male syndrome is all i can say man, just keep searching till you find a good FFL.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 12-08-2012, 9:38 PM

Really the only shop that I find the employees act like the customers are hassling them is turners. Which is one of the many reasons I no longer buy guns from them and rarely buy ammo. There is also another shop off the 78 that was extremely overpriced with a bunch of employees that didn't seem to want to do anything but read magazines and talk to eachother.

For any security guards, LEO, or military I highly recommend Emergency Equipment Engineering Co. in San Diego. Very helpful, knowledgeable staff I wish they offered more guns/services I would buy everything from them.
Old 12-09-2012, 7:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg View Post
in my neck of the woods, there are a few shops that stand out for my liking. i appreciate the great treatment that has been extended to me at Bain and Davis Gun Shop (san gabriel) and at Alamo Jewelry & Loan (west covina).
In my past experience going to Bain and Davis wasn't very good. My friend and i were waiting around the store to be helped for a while and when we finally got helped they charged my friend $97 for a can of ballistol instead of $9. They had to write him a check for the money.
Old 12-09-2012, 8:26 AM

EBR works here in Ventura county. Its not possible to get better customer service. They are by appointment only.
Old 12-09-2012, 8:27 AM
Calguns Addict

When we encounter these kinds of poor service situations we owe it to ourselves and the gun community to contact the store owner and let them know about your complaint.

99% of owners really want to know and want to provide good service and will make changes .. maybe not to one complaint but when they receive similar complaints it catches their attention.

If you repeatedly get crappy service, let them know why you won't be coming back.

BUT if you get crappy treatment from the owner/manager THEN it's useful to post the store name here.
Old 12-09-2012, 8:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyes4 View Post
In my past experience going to Bain and Davis wasn't very good. My friend and i were waiting around the store to be helped for a while and when we finally got helped they charged my friend $97 for a can of ballistol instead of $9. They had to write him a check for the money.

sorry your visit wasn't as satisfactory as my mine have always been.

btw... you might want to tell your friend to use the Ballistol outdoors; it's smell is sort of like old, unwashed socks.
Old 12-09-2012, 8:39 AM
Banned

I used to take all of that personally but not anymore. I just stood there once and watched the functionality of a gun store.. Most of the time the place is under staffed so most of those guys are running around, answering phones, ringing up customers, or just answering questions people have. Like getting the attention of a bartender in a busy club, you have to be assertive and jump in their face because gun shop employees have tunnel vision when its busy and closed mouths dont get fed. If your just standing there quiet looking around, he or she figures your STILL looking. Its especially hard if they dont know you (human nature to be less responsive to unfamiliar individuals) so get in there and speak up.. I frequent 3 stores here in San Diego and all of those guys know me by first name..not because Im in there all the time but because I make it a habit to make sure they know me and I know them through friendly conversation and handshakes
Old 12-09-2012, 9:10 AM
Banned

go to the new turners in Oxnard and come back here for a review...LOL The gun counter has a minimum of 5 staff...and thats a Tuesday... on the weekend I counted 8. They are each helping someone and there is a line of people with numbered tickets waiting for their number to be called....

So either go to a store where your business isnt needed, or go to a store where they dont care about your business.
Old 12-09-2012, 9:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If you live in Simi, try Fort Courage. Personally, I'd rather not have a salesman breathing down my neck and eagerly trying sell me something I don't want.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 12-09-2012, 9:38 AM

When I walk into the local gun store they know my name and greet me with a smile. Faith Armory has great customer service.
Old 12-09-2012, 3:40 PM

I must defend Turners... At least the Corona location... These guys are great, and very courteous... At least they were to me... I had zero issues and was always treated with respect... Bullseye Sport in Riverside is a great place and my usual FFL... Vince and crew are a great bunch of people... family owned and they have a larger location (across the street from the old one).
Old 12-09-2012, 5:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Personally, I'd rather not have a salesman breathing down my neck and eagerly trying sell me something I don't want.

my sentiments, exactly.