Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 11-17-2018, 4:01 PM
Veteran Member

Default Jobs open working in the oil field (updated with wages)

The company that I work for is going to need 200 high quality workers with hiring set for 15-20 each month of 2019. These are oil field jobs that require work outside in the heat, cold, wind, and rain and you should be prepared for nighttime call outs from time to time.

Work location is in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico, and you do not get to pick where you will be assigned. You will receive extensive training (probably by me) in how to do your new job, and how to do it safely and go home each night the same way you arrived in the morning.

We need people who have recently graduated from a 2 year technical school specializing in industrial mechanics, Instrumentation, or production operator. If you do not have this degree, but are Honorably Discharged from the US armed forces within the last year, you are eligible to apply as well.

Please PM me with your experience and contact info. I will pass the info along to the recruiters who will contact those who are selected for further consideration.

Long hours and high pay from a reputable oil and gas major might be in your future.

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.

Last edited by Bert Gamble; 11-19-2018 at 8:15 AM..
Old 11-17-2018, 6:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Tagged.

20 year machinist. 2.5 years toward BSME. 15 years engineering technician.

#Blackolivesmatter
Old 11-17-2018, 6:56 PM
On The Edge
CGN Contributor

Assuming you were a good employee and can do he job.
Is this a set one year contract for work and I get there are no guarantees in life, but could you be let go at the company's discression on a whim after relocation?
-g
Old 11-17-2018, 7:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man WC View Post
Assuming you were a good employee and can do he job.
Is this a set one year contract for work and I get there are no guarantees in life, but could you be let go at the company's discression on a whim after relocation?
-g
If you are a good employee and can do the job, you will typically have a job until you decide to leave. These are not contract positions, but full company employment. There are layoffs occasionally when oil prices tank, but those who are let go are the non performers. 2.5 years ago there was a huge, company wide layoff. They got rid of a ton of dead wood, and now we are hiring as aggressively as we possibly can.

There are pro's and cons associated with working for a major. The pay is not as high as with a mom and pop organization, but long term employment is much more secure. We do not want to train people only to have to get rid of them and train more. Not good business.

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
Old 11-17-2018, 8:14 PM

Just curious what's the ballpark hourly rate for this type of work? Appreciate the info BTW.
Old 11-17-2018, 8:34 PM
Veteran Member

I honestly do not know what the exact number is, but probably in the $35 range after training.

Old 11-17-2018, 8:44 PM

I work for and oil and gas company Helix esg. but on a ship in the Gulf of Mexico about 90 miles off the coast of Louisiana. been on this ship the Helix Producer 1 for eight yrs. I took a 30% pay cut when oil tanked. i work as Second Officer or Senior Dynamic Position Officer, mechant Marine. one month on and one month off
Old 11-18-2018, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

My son worked for Big Red when he graduated from college. Tey trained him in Wireline, perforatui. They put him through about 2 months of classes then layed him off after a little over a year. (about 4 years ago)
Old 11-18-2018, 4:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Block View Post
My son worked for Big Red when he graduated from college. Tey trained him in Wireline, perforatui. They put him through about 2 months of classes then layed him off after a little over a year. (about 4 years ago)
Very sorry to hear about your son. These are expected to be full time long term positions.

If you are interested in getting out of California, let me know and I will put you in contact with the right people.

Old 11-18-2018, 9:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Gamble View Post
Very sorry to hear about your son. These are expected to be full time long term positions.

If you are interested in getting out of California, let me know and I will put you in contact with the right people.
He loved the time he spent in the oil patch but after Halliburton, he went to Chicago and started doing what his degree said he could, Civil engineering. I spent a lot of time on drilling rigs in the 70s installing Visuloggers, a computerized well logging machine. That was 40 years ago and I am not up to the physicality of that again.
Old 11-19-2018, 8:15 AM
Veteran Member

I have an update with more accurate wage information.

Starting pay is $28 an hour. This will be for the first 6 months.
After the first 6 months, the pay jumps to $31-$32 an hour until fully qualified.
Upon full qualification the pay is $37-$38 an hour. This typically takes 1-6 months after training is complete.

For most (based on work location) there is a 10% cost of living premium paid out in June and December.

All employees receive a competitive benefit package including vacation, heath insurance, 401(k) assistance at 8% of pay and a yearly bonus that is based on company profits and safety record.

Only those who want to permanently relocate to Texas should apply because as I have said, this is not short term employment.

Old 11-19-2018, 8:19 AM
Veteran Member

Here is a link to a newspaper article discussing the growth that is happening in this area.
https://www.mrt.com/business/oil/art...g-13402466.php

Old 11-30-2018, 9:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Any HSE position? I can PM a resume. Highly qualified petrochemical experience.
Old 12-03-2018, 4:18 AM

Too bad, I have none of that training.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk