Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 03-26-2013, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles View Post
just got back from aero walmart, I heard the same story from two different employees. aero is getting ammo, they put it out now at random times of the day due to someone they say is on calguns, they will even tell you their screen name if you ask them there, at least the young lady there told me. What he was doing is yes, hoarding and going in everyday, buying everything he could, will even take friends, then go and sell the ammo in the parking lot. Thats not what made aero change but that he supposedly trying to sell the ammo in the store. So a BIG THANK YOU to the person on this post, you know who you are for adding to this ammo issue.

I know I have not been a member here long but I do appreciate the post, its sad that people take advantage of what we have and ruin it for many.
Yeah, got a pretty good idea who that is, just haven't run into him...yet. Chump move, if you ask me.
Old 03-26-2013, 9:28 PM

Quote:
just got back from aero walmart, I heard the same story from two different employees. aero is getting ammo, they put it out now at random times of the day due to someone they say is on calguns, they will even tell you their screen name if you ask them there, at least the young lady there told me. What he was doing is yes, hoarding and going in everyday, buying everything he could, will even take friends, then go and sell the ammo in the parking lot. Thats not what made aero change but that he supposedly trying to sell the ammo in the store. So a BIG THANK YOU to the person on this post, you know who you are for adding to this ammo issue.

I know I have not been a member here long but I do appreciate the post, its sad that people take advantage of what we have and ruin it for many.
Did you get the screen name? If to post it up
Old 03-26-2013, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogarcia_02 View Post
Read through this thread. I have my suspicions...
Old 03-26-2013, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNOS67 View Post
Read through this thread. I have my suspicions...
hmmm .75 cents a piece?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:

Even though we live in a free market capitalism based society that is bull$hiet.

I can get manufacturers nickel-and-diming us (most don't) but for fellow shooters to buy ammo simply to do a quick turn around sale to make a few cents is pretty shameful....especially with all the control laws we're fighting off and the ammo the government is buying.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 PM

Here's an idea to keep suspected unscrupulous hoarding employees in check: go to your favorite Walmart...take cellphone pic of the STOCKED ammo shelves...go to an area in the store where you can see the ammo shelves, but remain "unseen"...call the store on your cellphone...ask for the sporting goods department...once transferred, ask the sales person his/her name and ask if they have the ammo you just saw...if they say "YES", they pass the honesty and customer service test...if they say "NO", then you could ask to see the manager at the sporting goods department and ask why the answer was "NO" in spite of the fact that the ammo you inquired about is indeed on the shelf...show the time-stamp on your phone as proof of your call. YMMV, but it puts employees/management on notice on many levels.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coverme2 View Post
Here's an idea to keep suspected unscrupulous hoarding employees in check: go to your favorite Walmart...take cellphone pic of the STOCKED ammo shelves...go to an area in the store where you can see the ammo shelves, but remain "unseen"...call the store on your cellphone...ask for the sporting goods department...once transferred, ask the sales person his/her name and ask if they have the ammo you just saw...if they say "YES", they pass the honesty and customer service test...if they say "NO", then you could ask to see the manager at the sporting goods department and ask why the answer was "NO" in spite of the fact that the ammo you inquired about is indeed on the shelf...show the time-stamp on your phone as proof of your call. YMMV, but it puts employees/management on notice on many levels.
Thought about that, but it's too much drama I think. Maybe if I was really bored with no job or life.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttcoco View Post
so did you get the username? Not to be a dick but just curious for my own protection. I wont be doing business with said individual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNOS67 View Post
Yeah, got a pretty good idea who that is, just haven't run into him...yet. Chump move, if you ask me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogarcia_02 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttcoco View Post
hmmm .75 cents a piece?
He's freely admitted that he sells 'ammo in the parking lot. I would estimate that the entire truth is that he buys the 'ammo, sells it in the parking lot and then reports to us that there's nothing there.

I don't know about you guys but I'm on the level about this stuff. If there's nothing there, there's nothing there. If there's 'ammo I will buy up to my 3 box or financial limit and then report the rest here. Honestly guys, it was only a matter of time before "unbecoming behavior" surfaced in this thread...

I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...

Last edited by myk; 03-26-2013 at 11:32 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 2:19 AM

well who is it?
Old 03-27-2013, 8:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Not that I participate in drama much, but since I use Aero walmart as a FTF location for all my FTF sales, including a recent bump due to selling my excess ammo from my long-term cache (mostly at or below current Walmart pricing!), I thought I'd chime in and say: "ITS NOT ME!".

While I have joined my fellow CGrs in the Walmart line from time to time, it's been just to look for .22LR or 223 for my own use (and as of yet, I haven't found any!).

And honestly, IMO, this issue is just the nature of capitalism. I don't begrudge the guy who waits in line all night for the next Ipad or Iphone, and then turns it for a buck the next afternoon, or the guy who buys 20 80% lowers for $90, then resells them for $225 on our marketplace, or the guy who registered the domain names bank.com, finance.com and home.com back in the early 90's, then resold them for $100k each.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you are truely short on ammo, gun parts or domain names, then it's due to your lack of foresight and preparation, not due to the guy who is willing to get in line earlier, or place an order earlier than you.

Perhaps we should start a new thread called: "Thread Crapping Whiners Unite!", where we can complain about all the crazy marketplace pricing... heck, I'd post a few in that thread!

JMO, YMMV

p.s.: Anyone need .40 Cal WWB? I'll sell at Walmart pricing+tax: $38 a box! Help a vet fund his ah... expensive optics habit!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=720470

Last edited by SoCalXD; 03-27-2013 at 8:22 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 8:45 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalXD View Post
Not that I participate in drama much, but since I use Aero walmart as a FTF location for all my FTF sales, including a recent bump due to selling my excess ammo from my long-term cache (mostly at or below current Walmart pricing!), I thought I'd chime in and say: "ITS NOT ME!".

While I have joined my fellow CGrs in the Walmart line from time to time, it's been just to look for .22LR or 223 for my own use (and as of yet, I haven't found any!).

And honestly, IMO, this issue is just the nature of capitalism. I don't begrudge the guy who waits in line all night for the next Ipad or Iphone, and then turns it for a buck the next afternoon, or the guy who buys 20 80% lowers for $90, then resells them for $225 on our marketplace, or the guy who registered the domain names bank.com, finance.com and home.com back in the early 90's, then resold them for $100k each.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you are truely short on ammo, gun parts or domain names, then it's due to your lack of foresight and preparation, not due to the guy who is willing to get in line earlier, or place an order earlier than you.

Perhaps we should start a new thread called: "Thread Crapping Whiners Unite!", where we can complain about all the crazy marketplace pricing... heck, I'd post a few in that thread!

JMO, YMMV

p.s.: Anyone need .40 Cal WWB? I'll sell at Walmart pricing+tax: $38 a box! Help a vet fund his ah... expensive optics habit!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=720470
I would agree for the most part, but the bringing of friends along in order to buy up the entire stock of ammo only to resell it, is a d**k move. That's not foresight, that's just people wanting to make a buck at the expense of others. In the end this is just my opinion.
Old 03-27-2013, 8:47 AM

Its me.... Batman.

Lol sorry cant resist. You can find out just a few pages back.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-27-2013, 11:02 AM

I could be wrong but... I thought the point of this thread was to help other shooters find ammo.

Hence, it would be much more productive to not hoard it and just let other people in on it. Let them buy it for themselves.

If they can not make it in time, well then that is on them. Sharing info gives more people the opportunity to buy it! That one person continuously buying it up (who probably doesn't need it and just wants to make money); Well that's a d!ck move. Are you robbing people of fun and proliferating our sport simply to make your wallet thicker? Sounds like the govt to me...

I understand someone reselling (for a non-outrageous amount, but enough for time and effort) to the guy who says "Hey, I am looking for 9. Can someone grab me some boxes if they find it?"
But, otherwise just give the heads up and be cool.

This just really pisses me off because I use this thread to try to get some ammo- not to hoard, not to stock reserves but to actually go shooting. And I post to it regularly with my updates. It is hard for people who start work before selling hours and get off work by the time its all been hoarded.

That being said, who am I? Not a rule maker by any means.

Last edited by TaintedArt; 03-27-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 11:29 AM

Eastlake-East Chula Vista Walmart...just not right. Several weeks ago, you could go onto Walmart's website and check if the ammo you are looking for is in stock at your local store (can't do that anymore). Anyway, I had been looking on a daily basis when finally the website shows 100 rd box of Federal .223 available-in stock (note, I had also been going there on an almost daily basis to check since it's so close to my home). Well, when I get there with a big smile on my face I only find the entire display case EMPTY! I speak with the person that usually works that department and she says no ammo in stock, even though their website shows it as available. I have given up on my Eastlake Walmart for rifle ammo. Something just isn't right with that place. I'll buy online or at my local gun store.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:53 AM

i started this thread to try and help out some people in our time of need, i personally have never sold any ammo ive gotten from walmart, it all ends up out on the blm land in dulzura, i have ran into a couple of people on here at the walmarts doing the bring your friends family and cousins who dont shoot deal, which is super lame.. if everyone really stuck to three boxes it wouldnt be that bad.. ive had far better luck lately on gunbot.com getting stuff from freedom munitions.. anyway, i really seems like the ammo is catching up, prices on gunbroker and cheaper than dirt have come down ALOT in the last couple of weeks, so from a national market standpoint its getting better..

good luck everyone, keep shooting
Old 03-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBrooklyn View Post
i started this thread to try and help out some people in our time of need...

good luck everyone, keep shooting
And we appreciate it brother...

Old 03-27-2013, 1:23 PM

Shawline Walmart, bought the last box of 45, sorry fellow calgunner that showed up two minutes behind me, I wish they had more boxes and I would have split what was left but one box was it.

That being said when the guy pulled the box he said it was not there this morning, he asked another worker and he said that other employee had taken the box.... And returned it later and tried to do an exchange???? He said that was not allowed and against federal law.

So what's happening is Walmart employees are opening the cabinet and hiding the ammo for themselves or their friends, wtf??? This one was just caught and I got there before his friends. Very shady Walmart employees, hope you get terminated.

And for those that are selling in the parking lots.... shame on you. Just nobody buy from those guys.
Old 03-27-2013, 2:16 PM

Not Walmart but Big 5 on Campo had some 45 WWB 2 days ago, maybe 8 or 10 boxes. I picked up a box of 50rds for $29.xx after tax just to have something to shoot when I pick up my XD from jail Tuesday. Might be worth a phone call if you need it (619) 644-5733
Old 03-27-2013, 2:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbiker_101 View Post
Shawline Walmart, bought the last box of 45, sorry fellow calgunner that showed up two minutes behind me, I wish they had more boxes and I would have split what was left but one box was it.

That being said when the guy pulled the box he said it was not there this morning, he asked another worker and he said that other employee had taken the box.... And returned it later and tried to do an exchange???? He said that was not allowed and against federal law.

So what's happening is Walmart employees are opening the cabinet and hiding the ammo for themselves or their friends, wtf??? This one was just caught and I got there before his friends. Very shady Walmart employees, hope you get terminated.

And for those that are selling in the parking lots.... shame on you. Just nobody buy from those guys.
Yup, we're certain the employees have a major hand in this "shortage."

Old 03-27-2013, 6:36 PM
Veteran Member

By the way the parkway walmart has like 12-14 boxes of winchester 00 buck 9 pellet for 5.07 a box.
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 03-27-2013, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphaMale View Post
...PS. If it wasn't me who bought the ammo, it would be the next guy up at the register waiting to get his or her ammo fix...
So you are saying: better you hoard it (to sell) than let the other people in line buy some too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphaMale View Post
...On a side note, what should I ask for on a box of .223 if it happen to take 6 trips to get 3 boxes $ 43 each. Is it wrong to increase the price for compensation on time and gas at lets say $65-$70?...
And you are saying you make 6 trips to Walmart to find ammo you only want to sell and others should compensate you for that?

Awesome.
Way to be part of the solution problem.
Old 03-27-2013, 8:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Obviously everyone's free to do what they want, no one's saying otherwise, BUT....all of the posters here have entered an informal gentleman's agreement, if you want to call it that, in order to help one another out in the hopes of buying ammunition. To buy up as much as you can with the help of friends just to further one's own cause is a violation of that informal agreement.

Again, no one here is contractually obligated to help anyone else, we're all free to do what we want, but by posting in this thread and using any information gained from it, you enter an informal agreement to assist participating Calguns members. To do otherwise while everyone else is under the guise of mutual/communal cooperation isn't RIGHT; it's LEGAL, but it just ain't RIGHT.

I will continue to make updates here, I hope the rest of you will do so as well...

Old 03-27-2013, 9:00 PM

There's some 9mm ammo at Discount Gun Mart. Not a walmart, but thought I'd give a heads up.
Old 03-27-2013, 9:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletblood View Post
There's some 9mm ammo at Discount Gun Mart. Not a walmart, but thought I'd give a heads up.
Thanks for that; is this the DGM on Morena? Is it the PMC hollow points? Discount Gun Mart USUALLY has the 'ammo you need, you just have to be willing to pay the prices...

Old 03-27-2013, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
Thanks for that; is this the DGM on Morena? Is it the PMC hollow points? Discount Gun Mart USUALLY has the 'ammo you need, you just have to be willing to pay the prices...
Yes on Morena. They did have a bunch of those hollow points, but they also had a smaller stack of FMJ. Not sure the brand or price. I didn't buy any since I have enough ammo for now.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 PM

just was at aero, nothing in the case but alot of stuff on pallets, but when someone saw me looking in the case he said they wont be selling ammo at night anymore becasue theyve been having problems with a couple customers.. dont know how accurate that info was, i did have a cart full of other stuff, so i didnt look like i was just an ammo guy.. and the dude was really nice about it, so it could be true\
Old 03-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Calguns Addict

What kind of problems do you think they're talking about? Pushy buyers or something?

Old 03-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
What kind of problems do you think they're talking about? Pushy buyers or something?
Watch. The guy who's causing problems has a mole on the inside *shocked face*
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 03-28-2013, 6:35 AM

Aero has 12 ga.
10-12 cases of Win. #7 1/2 (25 rnds)
1 case #8 (25 rnds)
1 box federal #7 1/2 (100 rnds)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezcalfud View Post
Because a Glock looks great in the case and then when you take it home it feels like you're holding a Costco pack of Kielbasa.
Old 03-28-2013, 9:06 AM

three different brands of 9mm at discount gun mart on morena. 115grn fmj is $18.99 for 50 before tax for all threee brands. i have been there 3 times this week and each time they had more than 50 boxes available.

i have given up on walmart and turners completely.

i am thinking of going straight to LAX up in la and buying right from them, especially as they said they would give me credit for all my old plastic ammo bins from them and more if they had the old brass in them as well.
Competition is where you find out you're slow, can't see well, are not accurate, have poor gun handling, can't visualize, have equipment that doesn't work and either accept it OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
USPSA TY82278
IDPA A54426
Old 03-28-2013, 9:27 AM

Thanks Rmatt for the tip a DMG. Little high for 9mm but ammo is ammo at this point.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:04 AM

...Anyways
Other than the usual misfit calibers (11am-ish)
CV/NC - 1 bx of 380 ppu
Palm - 32 or 380 HD (I think it was hydrashick stuff)
Eastlake - 25 1 wwb

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 AM

Forgot about the Tul Ammo 762 39 at Palm. About 10 bxs left

Old 03-28-2013, 11:37 AM

Forgot to mention CV Broadway & Naples = nothing of interest

Old 03-28-2013, 2:27 PM

Location: Chula Vista, San Diego, California, USA, North America

So...what time is everyone getting to Aero on Monday night for the "meet"?

The question is not "How far?". The question is "Do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?". - Il Duce/Prisoner#6570534 from Boondock Saints
Old 03-28-2013, 2:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asgalindez View Post

Lol whos bringing popcorn?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-28-2013, 3:09 PM

Shawline walmart ~15 boxes of winchester 12ga #8
Old 03-28-2013, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcutter3005 View Post
Shawline walmart ~15 boxes of winchester 12ga #8
Any 9mm or 40?
Old 03-28-2013, 3:53 PM

Poway got some in today - Tulammo steel case .223 and 7.62 20 rd boxes sorry didn't get prices. They were still on the counter and being unboxed. I passed on that and picked up 3 50 rd boxes of Federal .45 auto at $20.07 a box. Had lots of 5 rd boxes of 12 ga 00 buck. couple boxes Tulammo of .40
Old 03-28-2013, 5:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asgalindez View Post

Well for some reason he seems to believe that I won't tell him what I told him here, face to face... Don't ask me why, but that's what he thinks. I'll be seeing him between 2200-2230

If anyone else wants to express themselves in person, come by... I'm sure AphaMale would love to meet more of his fans.