Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 11-20-2014, 12:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW View Post
Great - you're an OCSD approved CCW instructor so now you'll be spreading FUD about police contact.

Since you are an instructor, how about contacting OCSD and getting clarification on what "If contacted by a sworn peace officer for any reason" actually means. Seeing an officer in line at 7-11 isn't what it means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_rider View Post
Fine, I will, and I'll explain that one of their approved ccw instructors doesn't understand what "contact" means in regards to their ccw.
The terms of the license in writing are what is binding. They do not define "contact" in writing, which is what matters. I can call my IA, or even Melissa Soto to get her "opinion" on what constitutes "contact", but then it's just that, her opinion.

CCW carriers are bound by their terms of their license, and if you go against those terms, the license is no longer valid or can be revoked. If you look up the word contact in the dictionary the term varies greatly.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/contact?s=t

I never said I would announce that I have a CCW just because I'm in the same store as a LEO. However, based on the wording of the terms of my license, I'm obligated to announce to any LEO that I am licensed and carrying if I come into contact with them.

It's funny how when someone wants to follow the rules exactly we get crap. But when we don't, you guys arrest us.
Glock Certified Armorer
Old 11-20-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
The point I'm making is that when LEO's "make contact" with someone, that term implies that they are acting in an official capacity, not saying "excuse me" so they can reach the little plastic coffee stirring things in 7/11. The verb "contact" has a definite connotation; it's not just a casual encounter. I suggested that inquiring (heck, write a letter or email and keep the response) could resolve that for you, but you'd rather avoid convenience markets because you'd feel compelled to pull out your LTC and ID yourself just because they're standing a few feet away from you, that's obviously your choice.
^^^^ This
"It wasn't a failure of laws," said Amanda Wilcox, who along with her husband, Nick, lobbies for the California chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I just don't see how our gun laws could have stopped something like that."
Old 11-20-2014, 8:00 PM

ANNNNNND.......

The FUD continues. I don't know how many of you are familiar with them but this thread reminds me of CalCCW.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp View Post
Where can I get a pair..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPER395 View Post
I like it colored
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBilly View Post
I became mesmerized by a thick black shaft.
Old 11-21-2014, 2:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I just had my first "Official Contact" with police. I have a business where last night some scumbags broke into my parking lot light poles and stole the wiring. We called the police, who by the way did a spectacular investigation as it is about 4 grand in damage, and I met the officer in the parking lot. He asked for my DL and contact info and I handed him my CCW also and said Im supposed to present this with any official contact. He didnt look twice, gave it back and said he didnt need that. Nothing else about it after that just a tremendous job by the Tustin police department.
Old 11-21-2014, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmybacon43 View Post
That's awesome right there, an example of a firearms positive culture. If that happened in CA the cop probably would have drawn on you, yelled at you to get on the ground and called for backup.
Ugh. It's bad enough hearing this crap from a non-Californian, but man...really?

It might be like that where you live (too many rats in a small cage) but I live in the last county in the state without a single stoplight. The whole county is unincorporated, California's only county without a city.

18,000 people in my whole gigantic county. And in my county, it would have gone down pretty much exactly like our Illinois friend's experience.
Btw, we're also the country with the highest per capita amount of issued permits.

California is a big state. It's not all city my man.

Last edited by PseudoTsuga; 11-21-2014 at 6:25 PM..