Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 3:12 AM

Default Island View Experience

Just wanted to take a moment and comment on a great experience I had a t Island View last week. I ve used their range, done two PP transfers and bought some trinkets there in the past, mostly because they are local. Nice place, and friendly people knowledgeable people.
I went there last week with a gunsmithing issue on my EDC Glock 23 and talked to the young man at the gun counter(I apologize for not getting his name). He was very helpful and tried to do the job himself in the back. Rather than take the chance of damaging the gun, he offered to take it to their "go to" off site gunsmith the next day.
He called me the next afternoon to say the Glock was ready.I went to pick it up and asked what I owed him. He said, "no charge." I was shocked! There was some time and effort involved on the part of both he and the gunsmith, so I was fully prepared to pay at least minimum labor costs.
What a great experience in this day and age. Island View will see more of me in the future and I'll recommend them to my friends. Again I apologize for not getting the young mans name, but if he reads this he'll know.
Old 09-14-2013, 4:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

I purchased one handgun from Island View.
The sales people I dealt with were courteous and efficient. I knew what I wanted when I walked in the door, so there wasn't much 'salesmanship' involved in my sale.
I don't shoot indoor ranges, so I never used the free one hour range time they offered me with the purchase of the gun, but I think that's pretty cool of them to offer it.
All-in-all a good experience.
Old 09-14-2013, 7:58 AM
Veteran Member

I can't say enough about Island View. Nice guys, very helpful, great indoor range, great supply and choice of ammo & guns, the list goes on... Plus they support CalGuns above and beyond.

My only complaint is some of their prices can be high. But I buy from them whenever I can to show my support and support a local gun shop.

I've bought 2 Glock's and 2 AR-15 lower's from them thus far. Plus hundreds of dollars in parts and other accessories.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

I jump on this bandwagon too. Been very pleased with all aspects of IVE. Everything from firearms purchases to range time has been professional and friendly. Just wish I had more time (and money!) to spend there.
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 09-18-2013, 8:16 PM

Definitely good experience, and I drove from LA.
Old 09-18-2013, 8:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMBER8400 View Post
Definitely good experience, and I drove from LA.
I had them ship my pistol. It was cheaper than making the 160 roundtrip twice.
Old 09-18-2013, 8:55 PM

They are top notch, I've been using the range since it openend and I bought several guns from them.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Indeed! IVE facility is superb. Fantastic selection and the service is top notch, professional, courteous. Aiden has been overwhelmingly patient and helpful. We just put in jail a new TRP. Yes, they are not the least expensive, but definitely worth the extra money for the fantastic service.
Old 10-18-2013, 1:38 AM

I remember meeting the IVE guys at a gun show before they were an indoor range, friendly and helpfull staff. I went to there grand opening and was impressed with there store and range. I went there with cash ready to give them my business, but the two employees I spoke with were total dicks. They were the smug type that think they wrote the book, they would answer customers questions with attitude like they had better things to do. I left without buying a thing. The last time I went my experience was better. I believe I was helped by a manager and his customer service was great.
Old 10-18-2013, 6:05 AM

Been there a few times. Good inventory, havent' shot at their range yet. Good staff. Wish they had better lighting in the gun show room. Kind of hard to see details.
Old 10-19-2013, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sig7 View Post
I remember meeting the IVE guys at a gun show before they were an indoor range, friendly and helpfull staff. I went to there grand opening and was impressed with there store and range. I went there with cash ready to give them my business, but the two employees I spoke with were total dicks. They were the smug type that think they wrote the book, they would answer customers questions with attitude like they had better things to do. I left without buying a thing. The last time I went my experience was better. I believe I was helped by a manager and his customer service was great.
I've dealt with Nick and Aiden/Alden?. Both are really nice and very helpful. My only complaint is that they are holding my brand new P220 Scorpion hostage and refuse to give it to me until Oct 26th.
Internet rule #1:
Not only am I smarter than all of you, I'm always right...
Old 10-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Location: 805, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2fooz View Post
I've dealt with Nick and Aiden/Alden?. Both are really nice and very helpful. My only complaint is that they are holding my brand new P220 Scorpion hostage and refuse to give it to me until Oct 26th.
You know they will allow conjugal visits though, right? Some special one on one time for you and the inmate.
Old 10-21-2013, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readysetgo View Post
You know they will allow conjugal visits though, right? Some special one on one time for you and the inmate.
I would but it has a muzzle on it right now
Internet rule #1:
Not only am I smarter than all of you, I'm always right...
Old 10-21-2013, 8:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Island View is the $........hit!

Old 10-21-2013, 8:20 PM

Bought a glock 17 last week from Ive and it was quick and easy like 15 min and done I love it
Old 10-21-2013, 8:27 PM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Location: 805, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2fooz View Post
I would but it has a muzzle on it right now
Ooohh, literally one at a time, I see.

Well come out Friday anyway and fondle it... Calguns meet on the 25th!

Old 10-21-2013, 8:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by readysetgo View Post
Did that when I bought my Glock 19. The next day they let me shoot it, but sadly I had to give it back for another 9 days of jail time... (edit: I think it must be paid in full for this offer to be valid)

Also, if you buy a gun, they give you a free hour of range time, per gun. Just ask and bring your receipt. Not sure if stripped lowers include range time.
Old 11-17-2013, 3:24 PM

Yeah I agree with everything said i never shot in the range though. I was in need of magpul mbus in fde and i was on the fifteenth page of google before I found front and rear in stock so i ordered. My brother had just come back from there with a buddy and told me to check them out so I called, they had them in stock so I went down. I was kinda lost the guy walked me through it on the phone I arrived and payed for my sights. Then sat there and talked with them for an hour til close. They answered all my questions excellently and never had the why don't you know this type attitude with me. All other shops I've been too usually do. They're great