Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-16-2018, 11:43 AM

Default Weapon modifcation restrictiosn San Joaquin

I apologize if this is a duplicate, i searched here and on San Joaquin Co Sheriffs website for about 2 hours lat night, but unlike some counties , they do not list any restrictions on weapon modifications on their site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide a link to help me find the information.

I pick up my permit wednesday, and i could ask them then, but i don’t want to risk giving ideas of restricting more then they already do if thy do not have modifications restrictions.

Thank you in advance,

Lupe

Last edited by rozwell911; 04-16-2018 at 12:08 PM..
Old 04-16-2018, 12:08 PM

ask your ccw instructor, im surprised that wasnt covered in your training, most modifications are grips, but each county is different
Old 04-16-2018, 12:10 PM

ask your ccw instructor, im surprised that wasnt covered in your training, grips are the most common modification, what firearm are you wishing to modify?
Old 04-16-2018, 1:49 PM

My carry weapon is Glock 19. My wife got me a Wheaton Arms non threaded ( obviously) Match Grade Barrel for Christmas this past year.

My instructor told me that no internal modifications would be allowed. But I started to read online how each County is different, some ban non factory lights and lasers, others ban any modification, i wanted to make sure I am legitimate and there would be no issues.

I wanted to put the barrel in and not waste my wife's money which is what it comes down too.

It was recommended for me to check the sheriffs website out for restrictions but they list no restrictions for firearm modifications at all.
Old 04-16-2018, 2:07 PM

It might be best to use that match-grade barrel on a gun you'll use at the range. Keeping the gun as close to factory helps deflect attention should you have use it.

As for any other questions, I agree - check with your instructor - he or she might have definitive information, or can contact the office on your behalf. If they aren't able to do that, then it might be time to make the call yourself.
Old 04-16-2018, 2:21 PM

Understood! I'll keep it factory. Thank for the information.
I will call my instructor and go into more detail about it as well.
Old 04-16-2018, 2:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozwell911 View Post
Understood! I'll keep it factory. Thank for the information.
I will call my instructor and go into more detail about it as well.
A lot of carriers would rather be cautious then get into trouble. Now I would challenge any member to bring up a case where this happened. It has been few and far between if any. I would change the barrel and not worry about carrying it. Modifying the trigger is another issue, which I would not do if carrying. Just my 2 cents.
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
AK Sporter Stock, Handguard, Gas Tube here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1275603
Old 04-16-2018, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFarmer74 View Post
A lot of carriers would rather be cautious then get into trouble. Now I would challenge any member to bring up a case where this happened. It has been few and far between if any. I would change the barrel and not worry about carrying it. Modifying the trigger is another issue, which I would not do if carrying. Just my 2 cents.
Definitely not doing any trigger replacement or trigger jobs to my firearm. Strictly wanted to run the match grade barrel so I didn't let it go to waste. I have upgraded the guide rod and spring to tungsten, which my instructor did tell me was ok.

Other than that, the firearm is going to remain stock.