Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2017, 9:50 AM

Default SDCGO Response to Times of San Diego Article on Gore

https://sdrostra.com/undesignated/sd...-article-gore/

Please consider a membership to San Diego County Gun Owners PAC:
www.sdcgo.org/join
Old 12-02-2017, 1:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Wow. It sounds like Gore is nothing but a politician with a gun and a badge. He'd rather deceive San Diego country voters than allow them to get CCWs. He's risking his career rather than allow them to "bear arms" in public.

ALL SD Co gunnies had better get organized for "get out the vote" efforts to ensure a pro-CCW candidate wins the June election (or Nov runoff). Peruta showed us we cannot expect the courts to vindicate our 2nd A rights.

Unless Gore comes out boldly and clearly for issuing more CCWs, come the cutoff date for sheriffs candidates (late Jan?), you folks will have to throw all your weight and all your efforts/donations immediately behind Dave Myer. Remember: your kids can help out too. They can volunteer for campaigns or be voluntary interns and get school or even college credit (as an after school activity, for volunteering, by doing a report/paper for a civics or similar class, etc.).

Manpower and money (and organization) can determine the outcome. Unseating an incumbent sheriff who's not embroiled in a major scandal is extremely difficult. You will have to be ready to hit the ground running right after the cutoff date.

N.B. to get voters to vote for Myers (if that is who SDCGOPAC ends up supporting), volunteers may have to call liberal voters and sell them on supporting Myers for his liberal/Leftist positions. That's where each of us has to ask ourselves: is ensuring a win for CCWs for myself, my friends and family, and SD Co as a whole worth losing on other issues I also care about, but not as much (e.g., illegal immigration, which is primarily a federal gov't issue)?

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 12-02-2017 at 1:34 PM..
Old 12-02-2017, 6:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
ALL SD Co gunnies had better get organized for "get out the vote" efforts to ensure a pro-CCW candidate wins the June election (or Nov runoff). Peruta showed us we cannot expect the courts to vindicate our 2nd A rights.
I should also say don't sit on your behind because you assume the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 will let you CCW either. That only passed the House Judiciary Committee.

It now has to pass the House (which is likely and likely to happen in the next 2 weeks before Christmas break).

After that, the Senate Judiciary Committee has to pass their version (which does NOT include reciprocity for non-resident CCWs and thus will NOT allow you to carry in CA with a non-CA CCW).

After that, the entire Senate has to pass their version.

After that, a Conference Committee has to hash out a compromise of both bills.

Then that gets sent to BOTH the House and the Senate for BOTH of them to pass without any more changes. (My guess is that the non-resident CCW reciprocity part of the House bill will be dumped here to get Dems to vote for the rest of it, thus we're out in the cold, as usual.)

Last, once all of that is done, the bill gets sent to The Donald for his signature. (Trump pushed for national reciprocity while campaigning, so he's most likely to sign it.)

After all of that, it becomes law! But don't party yet because, even though I'm bet non-resident reciprocity gets dumped, the Dems, anti state AGs, and anti orgs and everyone else who HATES our 2nd A will file lawsuits in federal courts asking for Preliminary Injunctions against the law.

So, even if it does somehow become law with the non-resident CCW reciprocity provision intact, it may be in the courts for years before any of us gets to Carry under it.

That's yet another reason for you guys in SD Co to roll up your sleeves and, right now, get as many gunnies, conservatives, libertarians, etc. to join the SDCGOPAC now. (Did I hear someone say memberships make great "stocking stuffer"? )

Remember: guys and girls under 18, who can't vote now, should get involved too if you explain to them that sheriffs usually stay in office for DECADES. So, if they want a CCW after they turn 21, they need to act NOW.

And don't forget to visit veterans groups: even if they are or many of them still care about our country and our future and will vote for it even if they have no intention of CCWing themselves.

Last edited by Paladin; 12-02-2017 at 6:57 PM..
Old 12-03-2017, 8:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Replacing an incumbent Sheriff here is extremely difficult. Gore is very popular here outside of the gun community. Just watch the gushing media every time he's on TV here.

He will be re-elected. Once he's ready to go he will retire a bit early and appoint his successor. Then that new sheriff will get media backing because he is "keeping us safe". Then he's elected.

That is how sheriffs are "selected" here in San Diego County.
Old 12-03-2017, 9:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD County Gun Owners PAC View Post
https://sdrostra.com/undesignated/sd...-article-gore/

Please consider a membership to San Diego County Gun Owners PAC:
www.sdcgo.org/join
Excellent response. Don't give up trying to get it published as an editorial piece or a letter to the editor. That's exactly the type of thing that the citizens-at-large need to read.

Old 12-04-2017, 7:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Replacing an incumbent Sheriff here is extremely difficult. Gore is very popular here outside of the gun community. Just watch the gushing media every time he's on TV here.

He will be re-elected. Once he's ready to go he will retire a bit early and appoint his successor. Then that new sheriff will get media backing because he is "keeping us safe". Then he's elected.

That is how sheriffs are "selected" here in San Diego County.
In that case, this is probably San Diegans best chance for "change" and getting a pro-CCW sheriff.

Don't miss/waste this opportunity!

Old 12-05-2017, 7:59 AM
I need a LIFE!!

All we need to do is convince the masses here. Same applies to every state office here held by a democrat.

I've spent hours attempting to convince my San Franciscan relatives to support gun rights here. They love going shooting when they visit. However, that knee jerk liberal training seems to kick in every time they vote.
Old 01-11-2018, 3:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Something SDCGOPAC should find out and make clear on their website re CCWs (http://sandiegocountygunowners.com/ccw/) is how much you have to pay in order to find out if your GC is sufficient.

This first quote makes me think it is $63.14

Quote:
Concealed Weapons License $63.14
(Additional fees required to the State of California, Department of Justice and FBI)

But this second quote makes me think it is $105.63 ($12.63 + $93.00)
Quote:
The Department of Justice and San Diego County Sheriff's Department are both involved in the processing of this application, each agency requires certain fees. Fees will be collected at the end of your second interview.

The current fee schedule is as follows:

Initial Application Fees

Cash or check made payable to San Diego Sheriff’s Department for $12.63 plus the applicable fee below. The remainder $50.51 to be submitted at the time of issuance.

Standard (Two-year) license - $93.00
Judicial (Three-year) license - $115.00
Reserve Peace Officer (Four-year) - $137.00

<snip re renewal fees>

Fees are subject to change as allowed by law. They are processing fees and as such are not refundable regardless of the decision made on the application. Please Note- CCW Firearm Instructors will conduct the inspection, qualifying and approving of all firearms on your CCW.

If there are other questions, please call Sheriff’s License Division at 858-974-2020.