Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 09-05-2017, 2:53 PM

Default MARLIN Model 60 Bullpup, RUGER 10/22, Santa Fe Mountaneer, 303BR Sporterized Enfield

(scroll down for Marlin & Ruger listings)

Make:
Sporterized Enfield 303 BR

Model:
Santa Fe Mountaneer, by Golden State Arms Corp. Pasadena CA

Caliber:
303BR

Location (city or county):
High Desert, Inland Empire

Price:
Gonna ask $450/OBO, because no one seems to know a value for this rare rifle! Gotten quotes all over the place, so feel free to PM me with "education", insults, or offers you think are "fair"!

I might be open to trades in .22LR and 9mm, long guns or semi auto handguns, worst I can say is no, as I don't really NEED any other guns, but... in this crowd, we all have GAS (Gun Acquisition Syndrome), right?

Will ship (Y/N):
Possibly, as this gun is right on the border of being a C&R (After some research, it appears the Golden State Arms Corp went bankrupt in late 1966, so I think we can safely call this a "C&R" sale, thereby simplifying the transaction!)

Other info:

This is an inherited gun, my memory is it was shot about 3 times, one time "dang"... a second time "dang", and a third "that's enough"... I've heard these kick like a mule!

It is a "sporterized" Enfield, I have the original "manual", it was sporterized by Golden State Arms Corp in Pasadena CA, evidently sometime in the mid 60's.

The "model" as stamped is Santa Fe Mountaneer, I did find a little bit of info on it online, it appears it was a relative (not sure if it's the idiot cousin, crazy aunt, or rich uncle!?) of the "Jungle Carbine".

It's been stored for years, a bit dusty, and a little bit of wear on the stock butt and fore grip (probably light sand/steel wool, and a good coat of oil or poly would make it look new, but I'm not going to mess with it). It's not dented or dinged up from what I can see, there's definitely some wear, ask if you want more detailed pics. Barrel looks clean and shiny when looking down the bore, I will try to clean it a bit since it's been sitting, but it's been stored in a cool dry environment most of it's life!

The rifle includes the original magazine, a "vintage" strap that has some corrosion around the buckles, but is serviceable. The case is negotiable, it dates from around the time of the rifle, but I might have use for it.

Ask questions, or make offers via PM, I'll try to respond within 24 hours. I'm on the High Desert/Victorville area, but may be able to meet part way within reason for the transfer. PPT consistent with C&R rules published on CA DOJ site (meaning it's simple compared to a typical transfer).

BUYERS, send questions or offers to Seller using Private Messages!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03095.jpg (94.6 KB, 1121 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03094.jpg (94.0 KB, 562 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03098.jpg (91.2 KB, 425 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03096.jpg (94.5 KB, 378 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03097.jpg (94.9 KB, 399 views)

Last edited by DB>; 12-15-2017 at 4:59 PM.. Reason: Added C&R info
Old 09-05-2017, 2:57 PM

A couple more pictures...

And I should note that there is a CA DL engraved (very lightly) with electric pencil "back in the day" - minor, but I like to cover everything!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03099.jpg (91.8 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03100.jpg (92.8 KB, 307 views)

Last edited by DB>; 10-16-2017 at 2:18 PM..
Old 09-06-2017, 3:38 PM

Bump for an oldie but goodie, PMs replied, keep 'em coming!
Old 10-18-2017, 7:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Beautiful stock & metal.
Never heard of a Vintage Sporter being worth what an original is.
GLWS

I picked up a sporter a few years ago & got an original stock set & hardware to refurbish back to "original configuration", but in a blond stock color.

My pig hunter

Boycott Guns Fishing & Other Stuff in Vacaville!

Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

Member: NRA, CRPA, IDPA, Diablo Rod & Gun, Local 39
Old 10-19-2017, 5:17 PM

I've had "estimates" on pricing, but this is a fairly rare piece (not sure if it's a unicorn, or a flying pig!?), so I'm open to offers... I've seen the more common Santa Fe "jungle carbine" a few times but this one is likely far more rare from what I've found.

I figure you can't buy much of anything that is in clean shape and goes bang for under $300, and this is pretty much like new, with the exception of vintage dust. The bolt action is very smooth, everything operates as it should, and I'm sure it will be a great piece for the right buyer!
Old 10-21-2017, 5:51 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought once it is sporterized, that takes it out of the C&R category. Am I wrong?
Old 10-21-2017, 2:42 PM

It was sporterized in the mid 60's, so it still was "manufactured" or if you wanted to be 100% accurate "re-manufactured" over 50 years ago. Due to age alone, it becomes a "relic".

C&R laws are typical of laws passed by legislators who wouldn't know which end of the gun the bullets come out of... very confusing and easy to get "wrong" unless you take a great deal of time to parse and dissect them, and even then, mostly as clear as mud.
Old 11-09-2017, 3:54 PM

I have that exact same rifle with the same stampings except mine had the barrel and magazine stripped to bare metal and the barrel received a swirl finish and a clear coat after that. I got it from a buddy several years ago and have always been curious what its worth is. You are certainly right about the kick, it will put a hurting on your shoulder for sure!
Old 11-10-2017, 7:45 PM

I'm still curious... but there has been lots of serious nibbling on it! Not a gun I have a use for, but it's in excellent condition, so it'll be great for someone!
Old 12-05-2017, 1:22 PM

Bumparoonie -

offers considered, and geographically workable trades of interest....
Old 12-06-2017, 2:14 AM

Just curious..2 groove barrel or 5 groove? Ive owned several of these over the years..and most were 2 groove barrels. Still shot fine, shot cast bullets very well, oddly enough. Thanks!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-06-2017, 2:59 AM

Had to research it a bit, but it's definitely got more than 2 rifling grooves... actually looks like a fairly "modern" rifling pattern to my eye, but that's just my best guess!
Old 12-14-2017, 4:13 PM

Default MARLIN Model 60, bullpup!

Make:
Marlin Model 60 with Badger M22 bullpup stock (+ original wood stock)

Model:
Model 60 w/bullpup stock

Caliber:
.22LR

Price:
$275/OFR

I might be open to trades in .22LR and 9mm, long guns or semi auto handguns, worst I can say is no, as I don't really NEED any other guns, but... in this crowd, we all have GAS (Gun Acquisition Syndrome), right?

Will ship (Y/N):
nope, but may be able to meet a buyer within reasonable distances!

Other info:
This is a nice older (1973 vintage) Marlin 60 with micro-groove 22" barrel, 15-18 round (seems to depend on the round, most will load 17) tube feed (action can be modified to magazine fed if you want to take the time and trouble).

Original wood stock is included, in fairly good condition, no cracks or major damage, the rifle is currently in a Badger M22 bullpup stock that makes it a bit more balanced to shoot, it has a "see through" adapter from the dovetail to a more "normal" Picatinny rail mount, and a Hi-Vis fiber optic rear sight (the old rear sight is in bad shape, included if you want it).

Very accurate little plinker, good functional shape, if a little "weathered" on the outside, just a fun little rifle that we won't shoot much, so may as well re-home it. I will also consider selling without the bullpup stock (I can re-fit to the wood stock for the buyer), but it's pretty cool, and since I took a bit to get it fitted...

(Serial number edited in pix for security)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03163.jpg (98.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03166.jpg (97.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03167.jpg (87.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03164(1).jpg (98.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03165(1).jpg (97.9 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by DB>; 12-15-2017 at 5:17 PM..
Old 12-14-2017, 4:16 PM

Also, rifles may be able to do a holiday road trip between Sacramento and So Cal (99 corridor), so if there's interest along that line, shoot me a PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 5:17 PM

Default RUGER 10/22, upgraded

Make:
Ruger

Model:
10/22 customized/upgraded

Caliber:
.22LR

Price:
$350/OBO w/scope, $250/ofr w/o

I might be open to trades, never hurts to ask...

Will ship (Y/N):
Probably not... but can meet within reasonable distance

Other info:

Bought this last year (so it's a 2016 model), has been lightly shot, and was the start of a "Ruger habit"... since I now have a "few" 10/22's, I decided to sell this one to make a bit of room. This baby shoots well, and looks pretty sharp too!

Originally a wood stock model (can be included for the buyer), I put on a nice synthetic stock, light wear on both stocks, nothing serious. I like the gray/black color scheme, but one of my sons likes the wood, so buyer has choices!

This has Williams Firesight fiber optic sights (and couple scratches around the rear sight from swapping out the original sights... DOH!), a NCStar Picatinny "see through" riser, so the iron (fiber) sights are still usable even with scope mounted.

Auto bolt release is installed (you manually lock the bolt back, but just have to "flick" the charging handle to release - very slick, works great!

Nylon (?) bolt buffer installed to make cycling about a zillion times quieter (unscientific estimate, but it's WAY quieter than the stock steel one!).

Also has an extended mag drop lever that makes it MUCH easier to swap magazines in a hurry (particularly nice if you use an Allangator Tri-Mag!). This particular mag drop sticks out just a little on each side of the trigger guard, so you just "poke" the release with your forefinger or finger of choice, and the mag drops!

Currently has a Leupold M7-4x scope, worn and has some fairly bad scratches on the black finish on the eyepiece (someone before me tried to free up the eyepiece the WRONG way), but it is perfectly functional, and a very nice scope. I can sell with or without the scope...

If I hadn't built a couple custom 10/22's, i wouldn't part with this, but the safe is getting crowded, so something has to go...

Will include at least one stock 10 round rotary mag, more may be available to buyer on request!

(serial # is obscured in pix)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03168.jpg (98.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03169.jpg (96.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03170(1).jpg (98.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03171(1).jpg (96.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by DB>; 12-15-2017 at 5:23 PM..