Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 88 8.33%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 696 65.85%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 24 2.27%
I paid too much for my Membership! 47 4.45%
They will go out of business this year! 31 2.93%
Don't want anything to do with them! 171 16.18%
Voters: 1057. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 9:02 AM
Veteran Member

See you out there!

Former: Knight of Front Sight &
Gold Star Member
Old 01-22-2013, 12:36 PM

Current Diamond Alaska member, but considering upgrading to Ambassador for the current $99. Can anyone say if it's worth the $99??
“To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying arm… is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.”

- Wilson vs. State
Old 01-22-2013, 1:00 PM

Current Diamond Alaska member, but considering upgrading to Ambassador for the current $99. Can anyone say if it's worth the $99??
“To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying arm… is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.”

- Wilson vs. State
Old 01-22-2013, 1:19 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinguru View Post
The $100 in credit will pay for two years of background check.
Old 01-22-2013, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinguru View Post
Well, you get the $100 you can use for background checks, or at the store. Since you don't get the 40% discounts at the store using the credits, it might be best to use it for the background checks.

You can also sell or give your current membership to someone else.

It's a good deal on those points alone, if you can afford the $99. We have not heard all the Ambassador perks yet.

PM me for class certificates
Old 01-23-2013, 8:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Ambassador training is out
Old 01-23-2013, 9:34 PM
Veteran Member

Training done! Leave a couple of hours!

Gold Star Member
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Now a Certified Front Sight Ambassador!
Old 01-24-2013, 6:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Welcome to the sales force.
Old 01-24-2013, 6:31 AM
Calguns Addict

See the other thread for a bit more info

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=621871
Old 02-01-2013, 12:25 PM

I'm looking for a membership or two (I guess Diamond...not completely sure of the current details?) If anyone has them to sell, please pm me? Thanks! Dawis
Old 02-01-2013, 5:02 PM

Default Front Sight Diamond memberships....

PM Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawis View Post
I'm looking for a membership or two (I guess Diamond...not completely sure of the current details?) If anyone has them to sell, please pm me? Thanks! Dawis
Old 02-01-2013, 5:25 PM

PM sent as well.....

Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

Good luck with the membership search!

Gold Star Member
Old 02-04-2013, 7:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawis View Post
Were you successful?

Gold Star Member
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM

A buddy and I would like to do the four-day handgun class but are completely befuddled by all the various memberships, promotions and giveaways halfway explained in Dr. Piazza's rambling (and maybe even purposely misleading?) emails.

Can somebody please set me straight on the most economical and legitimate, no -hidden-fees or BS way we can attend the class?

Also, my friend and I might be interested in buying a couple of those coupons or discounted memberships FS has been giving its members that I've been reading about here.

Thanks in advance,

HD
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunkerDown View Post
A buddy and I would like to do the four-day handgun class but are completely befuddled by all the various memberships, promotions and giveaways halfway explained in Dr. Piazza's rambling (and maybe even purposely misleading?) emails.

Can somebody please set me straight on the most economical and legitimate, no -hidden-fees or BS way we can attend the class?

Also, my friend and I might be interested in buying a couple of those coupons or discounted memberships FS has been giving its members that I've been reading about here.

Thanks in advance,

HD
If you are only going to take one class ever, then certificates are your best bet. They can be had for $49 (guess where ). Then you only need to pay the $50 background check.

The problem is that members are verboten to advertise online, so we have to resort to PMs or email for all the particulars.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Thanks in advance,

HD
I got some certs for you
Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Thanks in advance,

HD
You can go two routes. For one class only, go with the certificates and you can pick them up for about $50 as others have said. These are often restricted to your first class only. The other route is to by a discounted membership. These will run between $100 and $250 and provide lifetime membership benefits. So if you think you might want to take multiple classes, buy the discounted memberships. You should be able to get a Diamond membership for $100 if you shop a bit.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:38 AM

Others have pretty much answered the question.

I would add that there really are not hidden fees other than maybe the $50 annual background check payable only when registering for the first firearms class of the year. Of course, depending on where you are, you may need to travel, pay for lodging and meals, and of course you need your gear and ammo, or you can rent.

As far as meals, you can arrange the delivery of a box lunch to Front Sight, or you can easily bring your own in an ice chest and leave it in the car until lunch time.

I believe the membership route is the way to go myself. Because, you will want to take additional classes. The memberships are life time-memberships and just because they are discounted, does not mean they are sub-standard or limited in anyway. Some of us got a lot of memberships at discounted prices and are passing that on.

You still get to take the associated classes as many times as you want with no additional cost other than the annual background check mentioned above. The background check must be paid to use a 4 day certificate as well.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 AM

Thanks, guys, for all the valuable input. I'm all set now. Looking forward to posting a report on this great adventure.

HD
Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 AM

The Diamond membership also entitles you to a 40% discount at the "Pro-Shop" on-sight, which sells clothing, student manuals, cleaning supplies, magazines etc. etc.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Thanks, guys, for all the valuable input. I'm all set now. Looking forward to posting a report on this great adventure.

HD
Great. Enjoy!
Old 02-05-2013, 6:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Thanks in advance,

HD
Have a great time there! You guys will love it and be back. Don't let the marketing turn you away.

Gold Star Member
Old 02-05-2013, 8:05 PM

Taking the 2day handgun course this Friday and saturday with my in laws, looking forward to it, itS my first time there!
Old 02-06-2013, 4:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickClickPow View Post
Taking the 2day handgun course this Friday and saturday with my in laws, looking forward to it, itS my first time there!
Have a great time. It's a lot to learn in 2 days. I found the 3rd and 4th days more fun.....

Old 02-06-2013, 2:07 PM
Calguns Addict

4-day Defensive Handgun
Feb 22nd

2 kids doing the youth safety same weekend
Old 02-06-2013, 2:24 PM

Can someone who has been to a course in the last couple of months or so tell me what is for sale in the Pro Shop? I have never been to a course, but I have purchased a membership and have some "Front Sight Dollars" to spend. However, I understand that you can no longer purchase ammo with this FS$, as the Pro Shop does not sell ammo any more. Also, I sent in an email asking if they had extra mags for my or my wife's handguns (HK and Glock), and they responded that they do not sell mags.

So......what CAN we buy in the Pro Shop? I understand the Pro Shop's inventory/sales strategy is a constantly evolving thing, so anyone who has been to the shop recently, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2013, 2:27 PM

i havy a coupl certs and memberships, but havent made it yet....
Old 02-06-2013, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotting View Post
Can someone who has been to a course in the last couple of months or so tell me what is for sale in the Pro Shop? I have never been to a course, but I have purchased a membership and have some "Front Sight Dollars" to spend. However, I understand that you can no longer purchase ammo with this FS$, as the Pro Shop does not sell ammo any more. Also, I sent in an email asking if they had extra mags for my or my wife's handguns (HK and Glock), and they responded that they do not sell mags.

So......what CAN we buy in the Pro Shop? I understand the Pro Shop's inventory/sales strategy is a constantly evolving thing, so anyone who has been to the shop recently, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!

That's odd. Maybe I didn't go recent enough. It was in the first part of December. At that time they had magazines (at least for Glocks). I wonder if they are out because of the high demand right now. It's almost impossible to find anything with more than 10 round capacity anywhere. And even 10 round and less are hard to find....

I purchased some very nice hearing protection. They have 5.11 clothing, vests, pants and belts etc. They also have gun cleaning supplies, student manuals. Speed loaders, and I am sure some other stuff

I also had some minor work done on my Glocks at the armorer shop and paid with credits. Don't know if that has changed. But, I had night sights, extended release levers etc. put on.

Hope this helps. Hope you have a great time.

Old 02-06-2013, 6:04 PM
CGN Contributor

I understand that mag sales were moved to the armory.
Old 02-06-2013, 6:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM6000 View Post
I understand that mag sales were moved to the armory.
It seems like the pro-shop is slowing becoming the tourist shop.
Old 02-06-2013, 7:54 PM

Thanks for the input Larry, et al. I don't have a ton of FS$ in my account anyhow. I'll probably just save them for the BG checks.
Old 02-07-2013, 7:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotting View Post
Thanks for the input Larry, et al. I don't have a ton of FS$ in my account anyhow. I'll probably just save them for the BG checks.

I think you actually get the most value there since the 40% discount doesn't apply in the Pro Shop when using credits.

Old 02-07-2013, 4:46 PM
Veteran Member

May 4 day HG and precision rifle back to back.

Wife got a concealment purse with some of her ambassador money, hurt not to get the 40% off. She will be in the 4 day HG and 4 day rifle.

Will be off to Rangemaster shortly in Memphis.

Hope to see some of you guys out there!

Anyone going 4 July night classes? I will be in 4 night SG and 2 night HG Tact Scenarios, wife 4 night rifle and the hg tact scenarios.

Gold Star Member
Old 02-07-2013, 6:45 PM

Just got back from 4 day handgun...very good instructors and well organized...learned a lot not just about shooting...plan on taking more courses soon...ambassador member...
Old 02-09-2013, 12:44 PM

I'm currently at the lunch lecture of 2day HG my father in law will sell me diamond membership for $175, I want to do it, but seems like high. Any better deals out there members? Pm me
Old 02-09-2013, 4:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickClickPow View Post
I'm currently at the lunch lecture of 2day HG my father in law will sell me diamond membership for $175, I want to do it, but seems like high. Any better deals out there members? Pm me
Some people are selling them for $99. I think you have an easier chance scoring one at $125.
Old 02-09-2013, 5:51 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Heard that Brad Ackman just wrote a book “In The Trenches At Front Sight”
25 Years in the Firearms Training Industry.

Anyone pick one up and read it yet?

Edit to add: Only available at the FS Pro Shop as of now.

Last edited by acegunnr; 02-09-2013 at 8:01 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 7:57 PM
CGN Contributor

I'm excited. I roll out in the AM for the adv rifle class. It's gonna be fun. Anyone else here taking the class?
Closed Thread