Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 10-26-2011, 9:40 AM

Default How many guns can you have in the duck blind?

JUST THE FIRST NOTE, THIS QUESTION IS ABOUT LEGALITY ONLY. NOT HOW PRACTICAL IT WOULD BE, OR MORAL, ETC. i AM BORED AT WORK AND CAN'T DUCK HUNT UNTIL THE WEEKEND SO I AM GETTING MY FIX BY POSTING QUESTIONS ABOUT DUCK HUNTING.

Since by law you can generally only have 1 fishing pole out unless you have the second pole stamp, and there is no such thing as a second gun stamp.......

Would it be legal to have 7 auto loaders and 2 over/unders LEGALLY LOADED in you blind per legal person in you blind at 1 time(since that would be the 25 shell limit on public refuges)?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

I know of no law about how many guns you can have in the blind.

224 rounds of high quality Winchester .223 FS/FT - $180

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1226164
Old 10-26-2011, 12:12 PM

I researched this a number of years ago and could not find any regulation limiting how many firearms you can be in possession while hunting. I regularly take a second shotgun to the blind. I load it with Goose loads for those 45+ Geese.
Old 10-26-2011, 1:12 PM
Banned

As many as you can carry. HOWEVER, in refuges you can only have so many rounds brought into the refuge. Private blinds can have as many rounds as you want.
Old 10-26-2011, 1:28 PM

No limit on guns. Just a 25rd limit on refuges

If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that, well do ya? - Homer Simpson
Old 10-26-2011, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDave View Post
No limit on guns. Just a 25rd limit on refuges
^this

I regularly have two guns when I'm by myself in my blind. I like shooting the 10ga on occasion at geese.
Now, the only time you COULD (not saying you WOULD, I'm not an expert on the F&G code) get into trouble is if you have an extra gun in the blind and an extra guy who doesn't have his hunting license.

"I point out the obvious because if I belabor the subtle it only leaves people slack-jawed and drooling." - Bill Heavey
Old 10-27-2011, 6:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerman View Post
JUST THE FIRST NOTE, THIS QUESTION IS ABOUT LEGALITY ONLY. NOT HOW PRACTICAL IT WOULD BE, OR MORAL, ETC. i AM BORED AT WORK AND CAN'T DUCK HUNT UNTIL THE WEEKEND SO I AM GETTING MY FIX BY POSTING QUESTIONS ABOUT DUCK HUNTING.

Since by law you can generally only have 1 fishing pole out unless you have the second pole stamp, and there is no such thing as a second gun stamp.......

Would it be legal to have 7 auto loaders and 2 over/unders LEGALLY LOADED in you blind per legal person in you blind at 1 time(since that would be the 25 shell limit on public refuges)?
You can have as many shotguns as you want, just make sure you don't go over the limit on shells (if that applies to where you're hunting) and that there is no lead in possesion.

You can also have as many fishing poles as you like while fishing. If you don't have a second rod stamp just make sure that two lines don't go in the water at the same time. When we go bass fishing we'll take up to ten rods with us for different set ups. have fun
Old 10-27-2011, 8:47 PM

im not sure on this one, its seems like its pushing the envelope a little bit to have multiple guns per hunter all loaded and ready to go. I always have a spare gun with me or at least in the truck. but i was always under the impression that only one could be loaded at a time. I guess its time to dig deep on this one, hopefully a fish and game warden can get on here and set us in the right direction.
Old 10-27-2011, 8:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer24 View Post
im not sure on this one, its seems like its pushing the envelope a little bit to have multiple guns per hunter all loaded and ready to go. I always have a spare gun with me or at least in the truck. but i was always under the impression that only one could be loaded at a time. I guess its time to dig deep on this one, hopefully a fish and game warden can get on here and set us in the right direction.
Its no different than big game hunting and having a rifle and a loaded hand gun. Both are legal methods of take.

Some guys bring two shotguns for different birds. 12 gauge for ducks and when the geese come in they grab the 10 gauge. Perfectly legal.
Old 10-27-2011, 9:36 PM

if thats the case Im loading on with a nice 25-35 yard choke and 4's and the other with a turkey choke and T shot for those 80 yards goose shots, your theory makes sense and I hope its correct, but I know that the world seems to be frickin crazy over waterfowl and rules governing the hunting of them.
Old 10-28-2011, 7:43 AM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer24 View Post
if thats the case Im loading on with a nice 25-35 yard choke and 4's and the other with a turkey choke and T shot for those 80 yards goose shots, your theory makes sense and I hope its correct, but I know that the world seems to be frickin crazy over waterfowl and rules governing the hunting of them.
I wonder how T would do through a turkey choke or if it would bulge the barrel. I've shot up any residual T that was left over from when steel first was mandatory but I still have some Activ BBB's.

224 rounds of high quality Winchester .223 FS/FT - $180

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1226164
Old 10-28-2011, 10:54 AM

your right i think turkey choke is to tight but full is fine, I shot some last year when we were sniping snows at 60-70 yards straight up, they still sell t-shot at bass pro so its available if you wanna get some.