Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-23-2016, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreppin916 View Post
My question is, have people in CA just given up? Are we not getting the word out? Or have we been beaten into submission?
I think people have given up. Our only real chance of having some of these laws repealed is Trump winning and appointing some pro-2A federal judges to the 9th Circuit and or SCOTUS.
Old 07-23-2016, 2:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreppin916 View Post
As we all know Massachusetts AG decided to "enforce" the existing AWB. As a response a petition on charge.org to veto the decision was created. ( exactly like CA ) Ours has been up for weeks. Theirs up for days.

When I checked yesterday it already had 19,000 sigs. 3x that if ours. Along with that a large scale rally that's tomorrow ( the same as SoCals and Sacs rally ) and looks like it will have a much larger turn out than here.

We got just as bent over if not more this year ( and every ****ing year )We also have many many more gun owners in CA than Massachusetts.

My question is, have people in CA just given up? Are we not getting the word out? Or have we been beaten into submission?
We have more people but we're also spread out a lot further. mass is a pretty small state by comparison and I'd be surprised if a lot of their support is coming from neighboring states. Not that that's a bad thing. Once precedent for this level of tyranny is established its only a matter of time til the Feds try it
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

I Hate California.
Old 07-23-2016, 5:20 PM

I wouldn't doubt that some 2A folks from New Hampshire and Vermont came down to lend support.
Old 07-23-2016, 5:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 Junkie View Post
Secondly, what are you going to do, storm the capitol with your AR's, and demand 2A rights?

Worked in other countries. Maybe not whole overthrows for 2A rights, but for other reasons. The Vietnamese seemed to put up a good fight against us with AKs, SKSes, and old Mosins.

And what are THEY going to do? Bomb us with nuclear weapons?

You think that you can fight the govt. with your AR's?

The government seems to think we can. That is WHY they want to register, ban, and confiscate at every chance they can.

Are you promoting armed conflict if you don't get your way over gun rights???

No. I'm promoting armed conflict AFTER the government removes those rights and THEN moves on to taking away other rights. That is how tyranny works. It ALWAYS starts with disarming the public.

In case you haven't noticed this either, the police are armed like the military with armored vehicles, bombs, robots, drones, etc. Or haven't you seen the news lately?

What makes you think we are not? What makes you think we can't use ARs to effectively abscond and secure what THEY have for ourselves were that day to come? THAT is the whole point.

Were the Vietcong armed liked the military? Have YOU seen the news lately. Have YOU seen what a single person with an AR can do? Can the police be everywhere?

An AR can be used to get something better; like THEIR armored vehicles, bombs, robots, drones, etc.

Moderators should immediately delete posts and threads of this nature because spouting off this crap is sick and completely unproductive.

Why; because honesty and truth about where this country could be going is uncomfortable?

It's contemplation of the very reason we have a 2nd Amendment for the day that comes as to why we TRULY need it. It's not spouting, crap, sick or unproductive. It's being honest about why you/we have guns in the first place.

It's not about hunting rights. It's not about the right to go to the range. It's WHOLLY about being on an equal plane with government, to keep tyranny in check. That is entirely what it is about. Checks and balances, and the US government works for us, not the other way around.

If you don't think the 2nd Amendment was about being sure the people had the right to a military-quality armed resistance against its own governments' military, then you are clearly mistaken about what it means, about what guns are truly all about.

They are weapons. They are not accessories to a hobby, they aren't tools, they aren't just so you can protect yourself from crime or armed burglars, they aren't merely for hunting, they aren't just for 3-gun sports or bulls-eye competitions. They can be used for those things, which is a nice by-product, but first and foremost:

They are OUR weapons for defense against tyranny.

Last edited by CALI-gula; 07-23-2016 at 5:42 PM..
Old 07-24-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliveonyouroof View Post
I think alot of folks have just thrown in the towel. I have. Im moving next year, screw this garbage state. I think if cali gun owners haven't united by now...they never will. Look at this forum, if you said the sky was blue a bunch of dudes would jump down your throat and tell you youre wrong, theyd probably quote the penal code.
In CA the sky is whatever color it wants to be. You cannot assign your "racist view" that the sky is blue (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act).

I'm old enough to remember "Roberti-Roos" in 1989. Before social media we met in a public park, but as time went on the numbers dwindled. I think it's the uphill battle we face with no light at the end of the tunnel that discourages the majority of gun owners.

NRA Benefactor Member
CRPA Life Member
2AF Defender
USPSA Life Member
GOC Member
NASAR Member