Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-12-2017, 3:27 AM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,152
iTrader: 2 / 75%
Default Republicans Introduce Legislation To Ban Semi Autos HR 3999

HR 3999

H.R.3999 - To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the manufacture, possession, or transfer of any part or combination of parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun, and for other purposes.

As if on cue and pre-arranged, Republican lawmakers (with the help of anti-gun Democrats) have introduced a bill to essentially back-door ban all semi-automatic firearms in the USA. This is the worst anti-gun legislation to come down the pike in decades, and these complete morons think they can get away with re-defining what semi-automatic fire means.

Instead of targeting specific products or mechanisms, this vaguely worded garbage simply talks about a "rate increasing device". This could mean a low-poundage trigger, a stick, or your own damn finger. This is so patently absurd that it might have been taken as a joke in years past, but with the new emotional outburst from anti-gunners everywhere we once again are looking at a national ban on semi-automatic firearms. This time brought to you by the good folks at the GOP.

Don't count on Trump to do anything, and don't count on Wayne to do his job either. Call and write and organize now to prevent this pernicious tripe from ever seeing the light of day in Congress.

People said "don't give and inch they will take a mile" and they did it faster than you could blink. GOP is a joke just like the Dems, wants to erase the 2nd anyway they can.

DO NOT LET THEM REDEFINE SEMI AUTOMATIC FIRE





__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez


Last edited by Discogodfather; 10-14-2017 at 11:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2017, 4:57 AM
MASTERLAB's Avatar
MASTERLAB MASTERLAB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 834
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

MAC explains it fairly well

https://youtu.be/sCLoIorYguU
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-2017, 5:06 AM
BluNorthern's Avatar
BluNorthern BluNorthern is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lassen County
Posts: 9,880
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1386944
__________________
"I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2017, 11:31 AM
champu's Avatar
champu champu is offline
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Redondo Beach
Posts: 463
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

To determine the "rate of fire" of a semi-automatic firearm, press and hold the trigger down and wait... forever.

Rate of fire = rounds fired / time
Rounds fired = 1; As time -> inf, rate of fire -> 0
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2017, 6:24 PM
smupser smupser is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North county, San Diego
Posts: 81
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Surprised this hasn't recieved more responses, this passing would be worst than any bill California could pass
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2017, 6:59 PM
Leel Leel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 52
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

This is a lite version of what the end of the 2nd looks like, in form of a bill.

To all the people of cal guns who support the ban of bump stalks this is your wake up call..

Where does it end?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2017, 7:24 PM
AfisBoy's Avatar
AfisBoy AfisBoy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 285
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Congressman Ed Royce is a co-sponser.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-12-2017, 7:35 PM
BigBamBoo's Avatar
BigBamBoo BigBamBoo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Redding,CA.
Posts: 4,704
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

And still....gun owners refuse to join the NRA. We should have 5 million NRA members in CA alone.



.
__________________
Bring hay for my horse....wine for my men....and mud for my turtle!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
It makes it bigger and longer.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-12-2017, 7:37 PM
Nguyen's Avatar
Nguyen Nguyen is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2,849
iTrader: 95 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBamBoo View Post
And still....gun owners refuse to join the NRA. We should have 5 million NRA members in CA alone.



.
You're assuming if all gun owners are conservatives/right leaning. I can assure you in California majority of gun owners are left leaning/liberals/democrats... They see owning gun as a privilege.. not a right.
__________________


Quote:
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
- Dianne Feinstein
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-12-2017, 7:59 PM
Blade Gunner's Avatar
Blade Gunner Blade Gunner is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,872
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smupser View Post
Surprised this hasn't recieved more responses, this passing would be worst than any bill California could pass


This bill mirrors current CA restrictions. This may work to its detriment if it can be portrayed as California Style Gun Control.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing it all wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-12-2017, 8:09 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,152
iTrader: 2 / 75%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Gunner View Post
This bill mirrors current CA restrictions. This may work to its detriment if it can be portrayed as California Style Gun Control.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The California situation is one of huge debate. Back in 2010 many agreed here that bump stocks were not actually illegal, but the DOJ would treat them as such. The only language in CA law that talks about it sites "trigger burst mechanisms" which does not specify how a bump fire mechanism meets this criteria. Trigger mechanisms that allow one pull of a trigger that produce more than 1 round fired are defacto fully automatic.

The most pernicious method yet to destroy 2A is to reclassify what semi-auto means, or rather allow the ATF to have it means whatever they feel like. It's worse than actually specifying exactly a semi-auto ban, because it leaves the power to decide and the power to enforce to the ATF's interpretation. Under Trump that would not happen probably, but look ahead and see another Hitlery in there and tell me they will not instruct the ATF how to "interpret" a firing rate enhancement.

We live in this problem in CA right now, the DOJ can choose to redefine semi auto anytime because "trigger burst mechanism" can mean anything. A cup of coffee before a range session.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-13-2017, 2:05 AM
300 300 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Royce’s Brea office is a 5 minute drive from my house. I think I will stop by and let his staff know that I am prepared to write a BIG check to his primary opponent next year unless he sees the light!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-13-2017, 7:46 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 11,067
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Congress can't pass anything but last night's dinner.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-13-2017, 9:59 AM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 10,114
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
The most pernicious method yet to destroy 2A is to reclassify what semi-auto means, or rather allow the ATF to have it means whatever they feel like. It's worse than actually specifying exactly a semi-auto ban, because it leaves the power to decide and the power to enforce to the ATF's interpretation. Under Trump that would not happen probably, but look ahead and see another Hitlery in there and tell me they will not instruct the ATF how to "interpret" a firing rate enhancement.

We live in this problem in CA right now, the DOJ can choose to redefine semi auto anytime because "trigger burst mechanism" can mean anything. A cup of coffee before a range session.
BATFE has already reviewed attachments that are not part of the fire control mechanism, yet can still increase rate of fire once the user gets the knack for bump firing...attachments include bump fire stocks, cranks you can turn, etc.

BATFEs opinion continues to be that such attachments do not turn a semi weapon into an NFA weapon.

Why do we think BATFE will come up with a different opinion now?
__________________
"Tactical" is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf
I see the gulf of Mexico
As tiny as a tear
The coast of California
Must be somewhere over here, over here
Greatful Dead
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-13-2017, 10:10 AM
2Aon2wheels's Avatar
2Aon2wheels 2Aon2wheels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF, CA
Posts: 419
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
BATFEs opinion continues to be that such attachments do not turn a semi weapon into an NFA weapon.

Why do we think BATFE will come up with a different opinion now?
BATFE opinon is based on NFA/statute created by congress. If congress passes new laws, BATFE gets new statutes on which to interpret the law and decide what is legal/illegal.

So write your representatives/cockroaches, and tell them to toe the line and kill this bill.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce Bruce is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,164
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyen View Post
You're assuming if all gun owners are conservatives/right leaning. I can assure you in California majority of gun owners are left leaning/liberals/democrats... They see owning gun as a privilege.. not a right.
Or as a"hobby", like stamp collecting.
__________________
GOD HAS SAVED THE UNITED STATES!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-13-2017, 11:59 AM
harbormaster harbormaster is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Marina on the Delta
Posts: 41
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Ok here is a firestorm question for NRA fans. What, besides hire and pay lawyers, has the NRA done for CA's politically? All I see them do is hire lawyers and pray judges won't be radical anti gun zealots (like the 9th) and file law suits. Some they win and some they lose. I don't see them supporting marches, and unless you call the fund raising dinner I go to a rally they don't support those either. Why would a RINO republican or a democrat for that matter fear the NRA especially in California? They aren't getting people elected or un elected.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-13-2017, 12:56 PM
mshill's Avatar
mshill mshill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,990
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

All these F'ers in congress probably own stock in firearms companies. Want their stock to go up... proposed a ban.
__________________
Quote:
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-13-2017, 3:41 PM
therealnickb's Avatar
therealnickb therealnickb is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Where chickens cross the road without being questioned.
Posts: 4,921
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbormaster View Post
Ok here is a firestorm question for NRA fans. What, besides hire and pay lawyers, has the NRA done for CA's politically? All I see them do is hire lawyers and pray judges won't be radical anti gun zealots (like the 9th) and file law suits. Some they win and some they lose. I don't see them supporting marches, and unless you call the fund raising dinner I go to a rally they don't support those either. Why would a RINO republican or a democrat for that matter fear the NRA especially in California? They aren't getting people elected or un elected.
Foff troll.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-13-2017, 10:21 PM
tenemae tenemae is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somewhere Near LA
Posts: 50
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Disco-
That last video appears to have been memory-holed. Do you have a mirror?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,152
iTrader: 2 / 75%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Disco-
That last video appears to have been memory-holed. Do you have a mirror?
Don't know what happened, but youtube / google is censoring everyone and anything that has to do with bump fire. Scary times as the antis reveal themselves and declare war on the bill or rights. Both the 1st and 2nd in this case.

It was a video from Hank Strange I believe, here is his latest podcast with Mac:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez


Last edited by Discogodfather; 10-13-2017 at 11:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-14-2017, 7:28 AM
dannycalifornia's Avatar
dannycalifornia dannycalifornia is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 80
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyen View Post
You're assuming if all gun owners are conservatives/right leaning. I can assure you in California majority of gun owners are left leaning/liberals/democrats... They see owning gun as a privilege.. not a right.


Not sure what area you're in but most everyone from all parts of Nor Cal I travel through who have guns are conservative or at least identify as one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-14-2017, 7:33 AM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,152
iTrader: 2 / 75%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannycalifornia View Post
Not sure what area you're in but most everyone from all parts of Nor Cal I travel through who have guns are conservative or at least identify as one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't matter, the 2nd is not owned by conservatives or liberals. It's a universal human right. The fact that it's broken down in terms of cultural warfare as a proxy battle should tell everyone something about the nature of the problem. There are no politics in the 2nd, just a convoluted political/cultural war of the last 40 years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-14-2017, 9:08 AM
dannycalifornia's Avatar
dannycalifornia dannycalifornia is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 80
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Doesn't matter, the 2nd is not owned by conservatives or liberals. It's a universal human right. The fact that it's broken down in terms of cultural warfare as a proxy battle should tell everyone something about the nature of the problem. There are no politics in the 2nd, just a convoluted political/cultural war of the last 40 years.


I didn't say it mattered. Just said what I've noticed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-14-2017, 12:55 PM
angelocris angelocris is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 196
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Don't know what happened, but youtube / google is censoring everyone and anything that has to do with bump fire. Scary times as the antis reveal themselves and declare war on the bill or rights. Both the 1st and 2nd in this case.

It was a video from Hank Strange I believe, here is his latest podcast with Mac:

Thanks for sharing this post Disco. If not for Calguns, I would not have seen or heard this.

At the same time it's very disturbing to hear anti-gunners complaining over and over again that Trump and his administration want to get rid of their 1st amendment rights by limiting what they can say and report. I think Trump and his administration's only intention is to stop "Fake News" or FUD.

However, the moment a gun owner talks or reports about anything gun related (The Las Vegas Shooting, bump stocks, etc.,) the same doesn't apply. Gun owners are having their 1st amendment rights stripped away and the news, google, facebook, twitter, youtube instagram, etc., all of them won't report on it and don't want our voices to be heard. They are taking away our 1st amendment rights without question because of the key words we write, post or say. How this is allowed to happen has me baffled. Google and Twitter changed their algorithm to allow this and the information was made public. Why do these companies get to pick and choose who gets to say what? Where are all the lawsuits against these companies that are preventing us from having OUR voices heard!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-14-2017, 12:59 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 18,180
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyen View Post
You're assuming if all gun owners are conservatives/right leaning. I can assure you in California majority of gun owners are left leaning/liberals/democrats... They see owning gun as a privilege.. not a right.
Those people will soon get their wish soon as Newsom wins.


One has to wonder if the shooter was a patsy for a larger agenda. The agenda being an encompassing gun ban after his attack. Since the left has literally gone bat sh&t crazy since Trumps' win. They like in any past mass shooting will use any and all means necessary to bring out an outright ban for semi auto rifles.

This is just my opinion and only that.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-14-2017, 1:02 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 18,180
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Don't know what happened, but youtube / google is censoring everyone and anything that has to do with bump fire. Scary times as the antis reveal themselves and declare war on the bill or rights. Both the 1st and 2nd in this case.

It was a video from Hank Strange I believe, here is his latest podcast with Mac:

The election of Donald Trump exposed the left and far left's hatred for the Constitution and the hatred of liberty. It's no longer a myth or conspiracy theory it's real and in our face. ANTIFA is the example of the left's hatred.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-14-2017, 2:36 PM
Kyle1886's Avatar
Kyle1886 Kyle1886 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: N. San Diego Co.
Posts: 1,594
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

"Middle America" is already stirred up a bit. Redefining what constitutes a "semiautomatic" rifle may not be the wisest thing to do right now. How will that apply to hand helds that are semiauto? Redefine those too?

Respectfully
Kyle
__________________
Take responsibility for your own actions!

WE are the NRA.

___________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-14-2017, 3:49 PM
BluNorthern's Avatar
BluNorthern BluNorthern is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lassen County
Posts: 9,880
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1886 View Post
"Middle America" is already stirred up a bit. Redefining what constitutes a "semiautomatic" rifle may not be the wisest thing to do right now. How will that apply to hand helds that are semiauto? Redefine those too?

Respectfully
Kyle
Middle America yes....but California will take this as a decree to attempt to ban all semi autos.

And they'll pass it, too.

Some people here say it won't happen, I don't agree.
__________________
"I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-14-2017, 4:41 PM
bbodybill's Avatar
bbodybill bbodybill is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 222
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default EVICT.... Eddie "HASKELL" Royce... Google it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfisBoy View Post
Congressman Ed Royce is a co-sponser.
This RINO nneeeeedddddssssssss to GO !!!!!!!! ENUF of this BS !!!!!!! He votes RIGHT.... ONLY when it is SAFE to do so....
__________________
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=20c9730268&view=fimg&th=15ad3c387b7ea1aa& attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_15ad3c34b07b03d5&a ttbid=ANGjdJ_GOwaOCfqt3OHKm7zY_mRBiORflleilym4tijR cuiC5hGws2oJLyDhF9PhQVXWMa7_jCP_uMAWxJrz5ef-HJcaRLRDzRANo5ScBq6Y0tJJfz6He0c6K0GPTDg&sz=w632-h880&ats=1489612610462&rm=15ad3c387b7ea1aa&zw&atsh =1

Last edited by bbodybill; 10-14-2017 at 4:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-14-2017, 4:55 PM
Dano3467 Dano3467 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 85 mi south of Oregon
Posts: 6,110
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

This will not go over well with those runners from CA to free states, if they end up with what they had here, except the no simi's to boot.

Can someone post (in new thread) a list of other names of co-sponser's & signers of this action besides Ed Royce.

I'm thinking the list is long, & swap needs cleaning.

We can then focus on them, as doing anything to the CA political machine is lost cause no matter how hard we try.

Frickin RINO's.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-14-2017, 4:59 PM
Blade Gunner's Avatar
Blade Gunner Blade Gunner is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,872
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

This is exactly what the NRA was trying to prevent when they attempted to refer the bumpstock matter to BATF. While I know there are many here among us that are less than supportive of the NRA’s efforts, this alternative is substantially worse. Start your letter writing and support the NRA.
__________________
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing it all wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-14-2017, 5:08 PM
Blade Gunner's Avatar
Blade Gunner Blade Gunner is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,872
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
Middle America yes....but California will take this as a decree to attempt to ban all semi autos.

And they'll pass it, too.

Some people here say it won't happen, I don't agree.
Very likely. Kevin DeLeon is running for Feinstein’s US Senate seat. He will cram through a ban on all semi-auto to support his candidacy, by claiming he can get gun control passed that Feinstein cannot.
__________________
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing it all wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-14-2017, 5:49 PM
Battosai1 Battosai1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Gunner View Post
Very likely. Kevin DeLeon is running for Feinstein’s US Senate seat. He will cram through a ban on all semi-auto to support his candidacy, by claiming he can get gun control passed that Feinstein cannot.
He will fail, this isn't the era of Bill Clinton, much has changed in these 20ish years. AR and semi-autos are such common place now, even if we (Ca.) Bend over and take it, doesn't mean the others will, especially middle America.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-14-2017, 6:45 PM
Rogue's Avatar
Rogue Rogue is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Neverneverland
Posts: 153
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Does this mean a second Civil War may form out of this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-14-2017, 6:50 PM
superdave50 superdave50 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central valley
Posts: 140
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Uh...no
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-14-2017, 7:09 PM
Cato's Avatar
Cato Cato is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Alhambra
Posts: 5,612
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

We live in a two party system - Trump supporters and Anti Trumpers.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-14-2017, 7:22 PM
plinkr plinkr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 514
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelocris View Post
Thanks for sharing this post Disco. If not for Calguns, I would not have seen or heard this.

At the same time it's very disturbing to hear anti-gunners complaining over and over again that Trump and his administration want to get rid of their 1st amendment rights by limiting what they can say and report. I think Trump and his administration's only intention is to stop "Fake News" or FUD.

However, the moment a gun owner talks or reports about anything gun related (The Las Vegas Shooting, bump stocks, etc.,) the same doesn't apply. Gun owners are having their 1st amendment rights stripped away and the news, google, facebook, twitter, youtube instagram, etc., all of them won't report on it and don't want our voices to be heard. They are taking away our 1st amendment rights without question because of the key words we write, post or say. How this is allowed to happen has me baffled. Google and Twitter changed their algorithm to allow this and the information was made public. Why do these companies get to pick and choose who gets to say what? Where are all the lawsuits against these companies that are preventing us from having OUR voices heard!
The First Amendment says that the government cannot restrict your speech, but says nothing about private businesses such as Google, Twitter etc. deciding what gets posted on their sites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-14-2017, 7:27 PM
all-cal all-cal is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 212
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

California's goal is to completely disarm the population. PERIOD. Now it's the federal government's goal also. There's no hope at all anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-14-2017, 8:33 PM
winxp_man's Avatar
winxp_man winxp_man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sack-Town
Posts: 1,904
iTrader: 61 / 100%
Default

In simple words the effen idiots really do want to start a war that will cripple this nation!!
__________________
Shoot to Kill not to Wound !


http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/winxp_man/MeShooting-1.jpg
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.