Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-12-2017, 3:27 AM
Veteran Member

Default Republicans Introduce Legislation To Ban Semi Autos HR 3999

HR 3999

H.R.3999 - To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the manufacture, possession, or transfer of any part or combination of parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun, and for other purposes.

As if on cue and pre-arranged, Republican lawmakers (with the help of anti-gun Democrats) have introduced a bill to essentially back-door ban all semi-automatic firearms in the USA. This is the worst anti-gun legislation to come down the pike in decades, and these complete morons think they can get away with re-defining what semi-automatic fire means.

Instead of targeting specific products or mechanisms, this vaguely worded garbage simply talks about a "rate increasing device". This could mean a low-poundage trigger, a stick, or your own damn finger. This is so patently absurd that it might have been taken as a joke in years past, but with the new emotional outburst from anti-gunners everywhere we once again are looking at a national ban on semi-automatic firearms. This time brought to you by the good folks at the GOP.

Don't count on Trump to do anything, and don't count on Wayne to do his job either. Call and write and organize now to prevent this pernicious tripe from ever seeing the light of day in Congress.

People said "don't give and inch they will take a mile" and they did it faster than you could blink. GOP is a joke just like the Dems, wants to erase the 2nd anyway they can.

DO NOT LET THEM REDEFINE SEMI AUTOMATIC FIRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Last edited by Discogodfather; 10-14-2017 at 11:27 PM..
Old 10-12-2017, 4:57 AM

MAC explains it fairly well

https://youtu.be/sCLoIorYguU
Old 10-12-2017, 5:06 AM
Calguns Addict

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1386944

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:31 AM
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor

To determine the "rate of fire" of a semi-automatic firearm, press and hold the trigger down and wait... forever.

Rate of fire = rounds fired / time
Rounds fired = 1; As time -> inf, rate of fire -> 0
Old 10-12-2017, 6:24 PM

Surprised this hasn't recieved more responses, this passing would be worst than any bill California could pass
Old 10-12-2017, 6:59 PM

This is a lite version of what the end of the 2nd looks like, in form of a bill.

To all the people of cal guns who support the ban of bump stalks this is your wake up call..

Where does it end?
Old 10-12-2017, 7:24 PM

Congressman Ed Royce is a co-sponser.
Old 10-12-2017, 7:35 PM
Veteran Member

And still....gun owners refuse to join the NRA. We should have 5 million NRA members in CA alone.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
It makes it bigger and longer.
Old 10-12-2017, 7:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBamBoo View Post
And still....gun owners refuse to join the NRA. We should have 5 million NRA members in CA alone.

You're assuming if all gun owners are conservatives/right leaning. I can assure you in California majority of gun owners are left leaning/liberals/democrats... They see owning gun as a privilege.. not a right.

Quote:
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
- Dianne Feinstein
Old 10-12-2017, 7:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smupser View Post
Surprised this hasn't recieved more responses, this passing would be worst than any bill California could pass

This bill mirrors current CA restrictions. This may work to its detriment if it can be portrayed as California Style Gun Control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2017, 8:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Gunner View Post
This bill mirrors current CA restrictions. This may work to its detriment if it can be portrayed as California Style Gun Control.

The California situation is one of huge debate. Back in 2010 many agreed here that bump stocks were not actually illegal, but the DOJ would treat them as such. The only language in CA law that talks about it sites "trigger burst mechanisms" which does not specify how a bump fire mechanism meets this criteria. Trigger mechanisms that allow one pull of a trigger that produce more than 1 round fired are defacto fully automatic.

The most pernicious method yet to destroy 2A is to reclassify what semi-auto means, or rather allow the ATF to have it means whatever they feel like. It's worse than actually specifying exactly a semi-auto ban, because it leaves the power to decide and the power to enforce to the ATF's interpretation. Under Trump that would not happen probably, but look ahead and see another Hitlery in there and tell me they will not instruct the ATF how to "interpret" a firing rate enhancement.

We live in this problem in CA right now, the DOJ can choose to redefine semi auto anytime because "trigger burst mechanism" can mean anything. A cup of coffee before a range session.
Quote:
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 10-13-2017, 2:05 AM

Royce’s Brea office is a 5 minute drive from my house. I think I will stop by and let his staff know that I am prepared to write a BIG check to his primary opponent next year unless he sees the light!!
Old 10-13-2017, 7:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Congress can't pass anything but last night's dinner.
Old 10-13-2017, 9:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
The most pernicious method yet to destroy 2A is to reclassify what semi-auto means, or rather allow the ATF to have it means whatever they feel like. It's worse than actually specifying exactly a semi-auto ban, because it leaves the power to decide and the power to enforce to the ATF's interpretation. Under Trump that would not happen probably, but look ahead and see another Hitlery in there and tell me they will not instruct the ATF how to "interpret" a firing rate enhancement.

We live in this problem in CA right now, the DOJ can choose to redefine semi auto anytime because "trigger burst mechanism" can mean anything. A cup of coffee before a range session.
BATFE has already reviewed attachments that are not part of the fire control mechanism, yet can still increase rate of fire once the user gets the knack for bump firing...attachments include bump fire stocks, cranks you can turn, etc.

BATFEs opinion continues to be that such attachments do not turn a semi weapon into an NFA weapon.

Why do we think BATFE will come up with a different opinion now?
The coast of California
Must be somewhere over here, over here
Greatful Dead
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Old 10-13-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
BATFEs opinion continues to be that such attachments do not turn a semi weapon into an NFA weapon.

Why do we think BATFE will come up with a different opinion now?
BATFE opinon is based on NFA/statute created by congress. If congress passes new laws, BATFE gets new statutes on which to interpret the law and decide what is legal/illegal.

So write your representatives/cockroaches, and tell them to toe the line and kill this bill.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyen View Post
You're assuming if all gun owners are conservatives/right leaning. I can assure you in California majority of gun owners are left leaning/liberals/democrats... They see owning gun as a privilege.. not a right.
Or as a"hobby", like stamp collecting.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:59 AM

Ok here is a firestorm question for NRA fans. What, besides hire and pay lawyers, has the NRA done for CA's politically? All I see them do is hire lawyers and pray judges won't be radical anti gun zealots (like the 9th) and file law suits. Some they win and some they lose. I don't see them supporting marches, and unless you call the fund raising dinner I go to a rally they don't support those either. Why would a RINO republican or a democrat for that matter fear the NRA especially in California? They aren't getting people elected or un elected.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:56 PM

All these F'ers in congress probably own stock in firearms companies. Want their stock to go up... proposed a ban.
Old 10-13-2017, 3:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Where chickens cross the road without being questioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbormaster View Post
Ok here is a firestorm question for NRA fans. What, besides hire and pay lawyers, has the NRA done for CA's politically? All I see them do is hire lawyers and pray judges won't be radical anti gun zealots (like the 9th) and file law suits. Some they win and some they lose. I don't see them supporting marches, and unless you call the fund raising dinner I go to a rally they don't support those either. Why would a RINO republican or a democrat for that matter fear the NRA especially in California? They aren't getting people elected or un elected.
Foff troll.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:21 PM

Disco-
That last video appears to have been memory-holed. Do you have a mirror?
Old 10-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Disco-
That last video appears to have been memory-holed. Do you have a mirror?
Don't know what happened, but youtube / google is censoring everyone and anything that has to do with bump fire. Scary times as the antis reveal themselves and declare war on the bill or rights. Both the 1st and 2nd in this case.

It was a video from Hank Strange I believe, here is his latest podcast with Mac:

Quote:

Last edited by Discogodfather; 10-13-2017 at 11:02 PM..
Old 10-14-2017, 7:28 AM

Quote:

Not sure what area you're in but most everyone from all parts of Nor Cal I travel through who have guns are conservative or at least identify as one.

Old 10-14-2017, 7:33 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannycalifornia View Post
Not sure what area you're in but most everyone from all parts of Nor Cal I travel through who have guns are conservative or at least identify as one.

Doesn't matter, the 2nd is not owned by conservatives or liberals. It's a universal human right. The fact that it's broken down in terms of cultural warfare as a proxy battle should tell everyone something about the nature of the problem. There are no politics in the 2nd, just a convoluted political/cultural war of the last 40 years.
Quote:

Old 10-14-2017, 9:08 AM

Quote:
Doesn't matter, the 2nd is not owned by conservatives or liberals. It's a universal human right. The fact that it's broken down in terms of cultural warfare as a proxy battle should tell everyone something about the nature of the problem. There are no politics in the 2nd, just a convoluted political/cultural war of the last 40 years.

I didn't say it mattered. Just said what I've noticed.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Don't know what happened, but youtube / google is censoring everyone and anything that has to do with bump fire. Scary times as the antis reveal themselves and declare war on the bill or rights. Both the 1st and 2nd in this case.

It was a video from Hank Strange I believe, here is his latest podcast with Mac:

Thanks for sharing this post Disco. If not for Calguns, I would not have seen or heard this.

At the same time it's very disturbing to hear anti-gunners complaining over and over again that Trump and his administration want to get rid of their 1st amendment rights by limiting what they can say and report. I think Trump and his administration's only intention is to stop "Fake News" or FUD.

However, the moment a gun owner talks or reports about anything gun related (The Las Vegas Shooting, bump stocks, etc.,) the same doesn't apply. Gun owners are having their 1st amendment rights stripped away and the news, google, facebook, twitter, youtube instagram, etc., all of them won't report on it and don't want our voices to be heard. They are taking away our 1st amendment rights without question because of the key words we write, post or say. How this is allowed to happen has me baffled. Google and Twitter changed their algorithm to allow this and the information was made public. Why do these companies get to pick and choose who gets to say what? Where are all the lawsuits against these companies that are preventing us from having OUR voices heard!
Old 10-14-2017, 12:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Those people will soon get their wish soon as Newsom wins.

One has to wonder if the shooter was a patsy for a larger agenda. The agenda being an encompassing gun ban after his attack. Since the left has literally gone bat sh&t crazy since Trumps' win. They like in any past mass shooting will use any and all means necessary to bring out an outright ban for semi auto rifles.

This is just my opinion and only that.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 10-14-2017, 1:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

The election of Donald Trump exposed the left and far left's hatred for the Constitution and the hatred of liberty. It's no longer a myth or conspiracy theory it's real and in our face. ANTIFA is the example of the left's hatred.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 10-14-2017, 2:36 PM

"Middle America" is already stirred up a bit. Redefining what constitutes a "semiautomatic" rifle may not be the wisest thing to do right now. How will that apply to hand helds that are semiauto? Redefine those too?

Respectfully
Kyle

WE are the NRA.

Old 10-14-2017, 3:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle1886 View Post
"Middle America" is already stirred up a bit. Redefining what constitutes a "semiautomatic" rifle may not be the wisest thing to do right now. How will that apply to hand helds that are semiauto? Redefine those too?

Respectfully
Kyle
Middle America yes....but California will take this as a decree to attempt to ban all semi autos.

And they'll pass it, too.

Some people here say it won't happen, I don't agree.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 10-14-2017, 4:41 PM

Default EVICT.... Eddie "HASKELL" Royce... Google it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfisBoy View Post
Congressman Ed Royce is a co-sponser.
This RINO nneeeeedddddssssssss to GO !!!!!!!! ENUF of this BS !!!!!!! He votes RIGHT.... ONLY when it is SAFE to do so....
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=20c9730268&view=fimg&th=15ad3c387b7ea1aa& attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_15ad3c34b07b03d5&a ttbid=ANGjdJ_GOwaOCfqt3OHKm7zY_mRBiORflleilym4tijR cuiC5hGws2oJLyDhF9PhQVXWMa7_jCP_uMAWxJrz5ef-HJcaRLRDzRANo5ScBq6Y0tJJfz6He0c6K0GPTDg&sz=w632-h880&ats=1489612610462&rm=15ad3c387b7ea1aa&zw&atsh =1

Last edited by bbodybill; 10-14-2017 at 4:44 PM..
Old 10-14-2017, 4:55 PM
Calguns Addict

This will not go over well with those runners from CA to free states, if they end up with what they had here, except the no simi's to boot.

Can someone post (in new thread) a list of other names of co-sponser's & signers of this action besides Ed Royce.

I'm thinking the list is long, & swap needs cleaning.

We can then focus on them, as doing anything to the CA political machine is lost cause no matter how hard we try.

Frickin RINO's.
Old 10-14-2017, 4:59 PM
Veteran Member

This is exactly what the NRA was trying to prevent when they attempted to refer the bumpstock matter to BATF. While I know there are many here among us that are less than supportive of the NRA’s efforts, this alternative is substantially worse. Start your letter writing and support the NRA.
Old 10-14-2017, 5:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
Middle America yes....but California will take this as a decree to attempt to ban all semi autos.

And they'll pass it, too.

Some people here say it won't happen, I don't agree.
Very likely. Kevin DeLeon is running for Feinstein’s US Senate seat. He will cram through a ban on all semi-auto to support his candidacy, by claiming he can get gun control passed that Feinstein cannot.
Old 10-14-2017, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Gunner View Post
Very likely. Kevin DeLeon is running for Feinstein’s US Senate seat. He will cram through a ban on all semi-auto to support his candidacy, by claiming he can get gun control passed that Feinstein cannot.
He will fail, this isn't the era of Bill Clinton, much has changed in these 20ish years. AR and semi-autos are such common place now, even if we (Ca.) Bend over and take it, doesn't mean the others will, especially middle America.
Old 10-14-2017, 6:45 PM

Does this mean a second Civil War may form out of this?
Old 10-14-2017, 6:50 PM

Uh...no
Old 10-14-2017, 7:09 PM
Calguns Addict

We live in a two party system - Trump supporters and Anti Trumpers.
Old 10-14-2017, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelocris View Post
Thanks for sharing this post Disco. If not for Calguns, I would not have seen or heard this.

At the same time it's very disturbing to hear anti-gunners complaining over and over again that Trump and his administration want to get rid of their 1st amendment rights by limiting what they can say and report. I think Trump and his administration's only intention is to stop "Fake News" or FUD.

However, the moment a gun owner talks or reports about anything gun related (The Las Vegas Shooting, bump stocks, etc.,) the same doesn't apply. Gun owners are having their 1st amendment rights stripped away and the news, google, facebook, twitter, youtube instagram, etc., all of them won't report on it and don't want our voices to be heard. They are taking away our 1st amendment rights without question because of the key words we write, post or say. How this is allowed to happen has me baffled. Google and Twitter changed their algorithm to allow this and the information was made public. Why do these companies get to pick and choose who gets to say what? Where are all the lawsuits against these companies that are preventing us from having OUR voices heard!
The First Amendment says that the government cannot restrict your speech, but says nothing about private businesses such as Google, Twitter etc. deciding what gets posted on their sites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2017, 7:27 PM

California's goal is to completely disarm the population. PERIOD. Now it's the federal government's goal also. There's no hope at all anymore.
Old 10-14-2017, 8:33 PM

In simple words the effen idiots really do want to start a war that will cripple this nation!!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/winxp_man/MeShooting-1.jpg