Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-18-2017, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaika808 View Post
Hoping for some insight on submitting with a Co-Registrant... I was hoping to put my son as the Co-Registrar , but at the moment he is of age 11 and can not have a FSC... I have heard through some who are planning to do the same that Children Not of age can be a Co-Registrar with only a Hunters Safety Certification since its considered a Long Gun / Rifle... Can anyone Confirm or tell me if they added any of their children not of age how and what was submitted on the application... Thanks in Advance , Roland Navalta / Ikaika808
U can't coregister with minors
Old 09-18-2017, 4:46 PM

Has anyone here yet considered registering an FN PS90...??? Mine has a an Extended Buttstock along with the Extended Barrel to achieve OAL 30" with Magazine Device... Does anyone know if the Barrel Extension will need to be Welded on Permanently ??? and if any other things need to be done to register it... ??? Thanks in advance , Roland Navalta / Ikaika808
Old 09-19-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaika808 View Post
Has anyone here yet considered registering an FN PS90...??? Mine has a an Extended Buttstock along with the Extended Barrel to achieve OAL 30" with Magazine Device... Does anyone know if the Barrel Extension will need to be Welded on Permanently ??? and if any other things need to be done to register it... ??? Thanks in advance , Roland Navalta / Ikaika808
There is no wording in the regulations that anything in the measured 30" OAL is required to be permanent or not. It must merely meet 30" to be able to be registered.

Federal rules will still apply after registration, as California RAWing isn't the same as getting a tax stamp for SBR-AOW-DD-etc, so you can't jump from Cali Raw to SBR without federal approval, if you're interested in mods after Cal Raw.

Ask future questions in the DISCUSSION thread or the "how does the California 2a effect me" topic forum for faster or better responses.

I also recommend reading the regulations as you appear to be asking questions that are covered either in the regulations or on CFARS.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiND-SIGHT View Post
There is no wording in the regulations that anything in the measured 30" OAL is required to be permanent or not. It must merely meet 30" to be able to be registered.

Federal rules will still apply after registration, as California RAWing isn't the same as getting a tax stamp for SBR-AOW-DD-etc, so you can't jump from Cali Raw to SBR without federal approval, if you're interested in mods after Cal Raw.

Ask future questions in the DISCUSSION thread or the "how does the California 2a effect me" topic forum for faster or better responses.

I also recommend reading the regulations as you appear to be asking questions that are covered either in the regulations or on CFARS.
How do you arrive at the 30" required to be registered. 30"+ is required for featureless.
Old 09-19-2017, 2:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiND-SIGHT View Post
if you're interested in mods after Cal Raw.
I have asked several times about 30" -> 26" post registration, not just for bullpups, but any rifle that has a folding stock that can be fired from the folded position but is over 26" (but under 30") folded.

Short answer is: the law does not cover it, but the DoJ has a blank check to do whatever they want with your application. Including tearing it up at any time.

So glad we have an equitable court system. Nowadays, I openly deride any lawyer who tries to tell me how cleverly crafted, "air tight" legal arguments can compel courts into interpreting the law as written. The courts demonstrably have no interest in the law.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamala Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 09-20-2017, 8:10 AM

So sad to read this thread. Like sheep to the slaughter.

Old 09-20-2017, 8:24 AM
Spent $299 for this text!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonzin View Post
Easy for a guy who lives in Idaho to say.

Old 09-20-2017, 8:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Yeah. Cowards like zonzin really piss me off. Not only did he run away scared. But he comes to CalGuns to taunt those of us who choose to stay and fight for California.
Old 09-20-2017, 8:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
How do you arrive at the 30" required to be registered. 30"+ is required for featureless.
I see, I read it wrong! Thanks
Old 09-20-2017, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudCamper View Post
Yeah. Cowards like zonzin really piss me off. Not only did he run away scared. But he comes to CalGuns to taunt those of us who choose to stay and fight for California.

Old 09-20-2017, 9:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's sadly ironic that he (and other runners like him) has "ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ" in his signature line. The Spartans said that as they dug in, stood their ground, and faced their enemies -- not as they were running away to a safer land.

Old 09-20-2017, 9:29 AM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I did not give you permission to use my picture for your meme.
Quote:
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 09-20-2017, 10:41 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
What exactly is your big plan of defiance?
Old 09-20-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSOG View Post
Tag for July 2018
Confirming, I havent found the official update yet, that we now have until July 2018 to decide how to "cooperate" and/or register correct?
Old 09-20-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy93 View Post
I just don't understand why people are even the slightest bit optimistic on this state.

Name one prongun victory that's actually a victory that cali has ever had.
There none, absolutely zero. It only gets worse, and stricter

Sure we may win a court case every now and then but it's always only been making a crappy new law not as crappy.

Never anything that actually helps our gun rights. There is absolutely no reason to hope anything progun will ever go our way in this state.

TAke what you can from our supreme leaders and run
Sadly, painfully accurate
Old 09-20-2017, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonp View Post
Confirming, I havent found the official update yet, that we now have until July 2018 to decide how to "cooperate" and/or register correct?
As I understood it, you have until July 2018 to have your registration approved as you are technically not registered until they do approve it
Old 09-20-2017, 1:45 PM

Quote:
As I understood it, you have until July 2018 to have your registration approved as you are technically not registered until they do approve it
Great thanks, will be waiting till January of 2018 then, hopefully one of the lawsuits will at least put this craziness on hold by then
Old 09-20-2017, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonp View Post
Sadly, painfully accurate

I'm optimistic for two reasons...

1) To be pessimistic is, in my opinion, the same thing as resigning yourself to defeat. You can't win, or even make any progress, if you don't even try because you think you already know what the outcome would be.

2) Political winds change all the time. In 2003, which wasn't that long ago, Republicans took 62% of the vote in the gubernatorial recall election. Thinking that CA is completely lost forever, purely based on what's been happening in only the last couple decades, is overly dramatic and emotional thinking. If you think political tides can never turn around, remember that even Texas was democrat as recently as 30 years ago.

Regional political affiliation is largely based on the hot-button social issues of the time. CA was a red state, until suddenly gay rights, pot, abortions, and gun control became hot-button social issues here. For the most part, those are almost non-issues for them now.

Liberals are running out of liberal ideas to be outraged about. Pretty much all they have left is climate change and immigration. Eventually, they'll find that their liberal policies that have been rammed into law without any thought are adversely affecting them in far worse ways than climate change or immigrant rights, and when that happens, votes start changing.

Liberals already have everything they want. They've resorted to fighting for causes that don't even affect them - partially out of boredom, but mostly just so they can feel righteous. That boredom, and striving for righteousness will be put on the backburner when suddenly they realize they're being taxed out of their homes, their jobs are all moving to other states, and infrastructure is falling apart, all while the majority of the state budget it still being re-purposed for useless social causes, and they will find a new outrage... an outrage which they will be sharing with those of us who have already been feeling that outrage our whole lives.

Last edited by CandG; 09-20-2017 at 2:01 PM..
Old 09-21-2017, 6:25 AM

C&G - excellent post! Thank you for helping put into words what I couldn't.

Optimism is key.
Old 09-21-2017, 6:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
What's yours.....registration?

I continue to see anyone who has made the decision to relocate to escape the tyranny and enjoy their lives in relative freedom derided by a certain group of members here.

What makes you right, and gives you the right to condemn?

In fact...Why do you disagree so vehemently with those that oppose registration...and again...what makes you better than them?

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 09-21-2017, 7:11 AM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluNorthern View Post
What's yours.....registration?

I continue to see anyone who has made the decision to relocate to escape the tyranny and enjoy their lives in relative freedom derided by a certain group of members here.

What makes you right, and gives you the right to condemn?

In fact...Why do you disagree so vehemently with those that oppose registration...and again...what makes you better than them?
Intellectually dishonest. The "condemnation" from "certain members" is just a reaction to the condemnation they received when called "sheep" for registering. They then pointed out how people that left California do not have the right to condemn those that stayed and continued the fight. Which they do not.

Fleeing the fight is one thing, I say good for them, they are enjoying freedom. But then to come back on here and ridicule those faced with a fight and tough decisions is beyond contemptuous and shows no character. Advocate leaving all the want, there is nothing wrong with that. But have the fiber to respect those that stay and take action for change.

What gives you the right to condemn is even more of a pertinent question? No one is condemning those who do not wish to comply, every one of those people who you say condemned the fled "patriot" even share your principle. We just need to fight within the law. We don't live where you are, where there are no consequences to taking the action of non-compliance.

So maybe it bothers you because you are in fact doing the same thing as the fled "patriot", playing the same troupe. You condemn others for not doing what you do, but make no candid realization that the action for you has no consequence, while the people you condemn face severe ones.

Your not actually in the fight, just like the fled "patriot". Come to SF or a major urban area and tout that same bravado.
Quote:
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 09-21-2017, 7:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Baccerro is filing lawsuits against Trump and his administration...citing the rule of law in this country, while ignoring and in fact flaunting California's refusal to comply with Federal law.

Despite over 70 % disapproval by citizens in this state, a bill to make California a Mecca for every illegal criminal in the country sits on Brown's desk waiting to be signed.

Brown has spent the last 7 years stacking California courts with liberal activist judges...which he freely shops whenever he and the Left need a court decision ruled in their favor. There is no law to fight within.

And I take issue with your constant disparagement of the word "Patriot" by italicizing it, Chris. I find it un-American and patronizing. It also highlights your bay area elitist attitude.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Last edited by BluNorthern; 09-21-2017 at 8:21 AM..
Old 09-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamala Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 09-21-2017, 12:06 PM

tagged.

any updates caliguy or crazedss? over a month now with nothing back?
Old 09-21-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enorbit3 View Post
tagged.

No update unfortunatly
Old 09-21-2017, 1:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
No update unfortunatly
Well at least you are still alive, the DOJ didnt raid your house in the middle of the night, yet.
Old 09-21-2017, 1:30 PM

I got an email for 1 of the 3 I registered saying they were starting. A month later...
Old 09-21-2017, 1:34 PM

What's interesting, is that a handful of people who registered on Day 1 got emails from DOJ within a day or two, requesting additional photos and/or information. But then after that, nobody heard anything from DOJ for almost 2 months.

Old 09-21-2017, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyss View Post
I got an email for 1 of the 3 I registered saying they were starting. A month later...
Please copy and paste what the email said
Old 09-21-2017, 2:04 PM

Maybe they are going to wait until July 2018 to mail out the letters. That would suck.
Old 09-21-2017, 2:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enorbit3 View Post
tagged.

I mentioned in one of these threads that 5 of 7 submissions I did were kicked back as I needed to change the "SELF-BUILT" field to "NO" ..

Didn't get any word about my two AK Pattern rifles (WASR and SAIGA Conversion).

I resubmitted the 5 that needed to be modified and now I guess I'm back to waiting as it were the first day again.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:31 PM
Banned

Anyone who says they see even 1 benefit to RAW, is an ostrich with its head buried in the sand and its feathered *** exposed to limp wristed, but tight fisted passers by on Santa Monica Blvd, in West Hollywood, in front of club RAGE. All of you who did register all have signed up to be majorly screwed in the very near future.
Another hint is that you will not be able to pass these rifles down to family. Making it very easy to effectively remove all weaponry eventually from citizens hands. As an heirloom the item is charged with extra meaning, and godly beauty, which is the most dangerous weapon against these scum.

You must all repent now in the name of the lord and gather as free men in great numbers, under the flag of this nation and march the capitol nonstop until they are defeated. They have kept us fat stupid and happy and if you can't see your own enslavement looming over you you are dead already. The only way this will work is if GOD IS INVOLVED AND THE NUMBERS ARE TREMENDOUS.

Everyone needs to stop jibber jabbering about what aunty Cameltoe Hairass will let you have, and take it back.

It will only work again if GOD IS THERE< AND YOU ARE THERE.

ARE WE NOT MEN.....WE ARE DEVO......ARE WE NOT MEN.....D>E>V>O.
Old 09-22-2017, 8:17 AM
Veteran Member

Moses is either trolling us, or his cheese slipped off his cracker.
Old 09-22-2017, 8:24 AM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Moses is either trolling us, or his cheese slipped off his cracker.
He doesn't post often but when he does it's nothing but high quality stuff.

BEL-BIV-D-E-V-O

Quote:

Last edited by Discogodfather; 09-22-2017 at 8:31 AM..
Old 09-22-2017, 8:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Please stop posting my picture, thanks.
Old 09-22-2017, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosesNagant View Post
You must all repent now in the name of the lord
Great advice, I'll add that to the AW registration guide

Old 09-22-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I didn't run away scared, I left for many reasons, mostly financial and quality of life. After living in CA for over 40 years and witnessing its slow, unrelenting decline, I knew it was the best choice for me and mine.
As for taunting,, I was not taunting, it was real sympathy for whats happening to the last free folk in CA.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
For many many years I contributed to pro 2a groups, I voted every election, I challenged folks in my sphere of influence with pro 2a thought, didn't seem to matter as so many in CA sit on their hands and do nothing and let the present aristocracy in CA continue it's war path to socialism.

Last edited by zonzin; 09-22-2017 at 11:00 AM..
Old 09-22-2017, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I didn't run away scared, I left for many reasons, mostly financial and quality of life. After living in CA for over 40 years and witnessing its slow, unrelenting decline, I knew it was the best choice for me and mine.
As for taunting,, I was not taunting, it was real sympathy for whats happening to the last free folk in CA.

It's really nice in San Diego today. Absolutely beautiful day.

There's no la Jolla in Idaho.

Last edited by Crazed_SS; 09-22-2017 at 11:04 AM..
Old 09-22-2017, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosesNagant View Post
Anyone who says they see even 1 benefit to RAW, is an ostrich with its head buried in the sand and its feathered *** exposed to limp wristed, but tight fisted passers by on Santa Monica Blvd, in West Hollywood, in front of club RAGE. All of you who did register all have signed up to be majorly screwed in the very near future.
Another hint is that you will not be able to pass these rifles down to family. Making it very easy to effectively remove all weaponry eventually from citizens hands. As an heirloom the item is charged with extra meaning, and godly beauty, which is the most dangerous weapon against these scum.

You must all repent now in the name of the lord and gather as free men in great numbers, under the flag of this nation and march the capitol nonstop until they are defeated. They have kept us fat stupid and happy and if you can't see your own enslavement looming over you you are dead already. The only way this will work is if GOD IS INVOLVED AND THE NUMBERS ARE TREMENDOUS.

Everyone needs to stop jibber jabbering about what aunty Cameltoe Hairass will let you have, and take it back.

It will only work again if GOD IS THERE< AND YOU ARE THERE.

ARE WE NOT MEN.....WE ARE DEVO......ARE WE NOT MEN.....D>E>V>O.
This user probably also believes the world is ending on the 23rd.
For you to believe globalization can continue, you have to believe it doesn't require increased consumption and that the Americans will continue to bleed and die so that the Chinese can access energy. - Peter Zeihan