Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 09-16-2012, 9:41 PM

Thumbs up Big Thanks for the Topic and Information

Thank You Mudcamper and the calguns.net Crew for hosting this conversation! In the Interest of Activity on the Thread and Possibly getting some clarification on my specific situation, I'll throw out a question... A Lil back ground and Opinion as well while I'm at it- since I have never used a "Forum" and Probly wont write another post on one, here or anywhere else...
Maybe you folks could help me figure out where I (and my gun) figure into the law here in California. I myself am pretty new to the whole subject of Guns and Gun Law...

After losing my unskilled job 3 years back - I have been reevaluating modern life as a whole. I've been homeless outdoors and living on couches, sleeping on floors- in garages of family, and otherwise being ineffective at getting my Life "Back Together" - like my Mom and Dad keep placing in High Priority. The fact is- I'm Young, Not Kids, no Drug habits- no debt, no criminal history (except the obligatory ticket for smoking a joint that I never paid )- no car or DL, no college, no girlfriend... ONE Big Brother and One Life- thats it! That is all I Have on this Rock. - alot of Twenty seven year olds have a lot more that they need to have in order to survive in this Time- in this Place, and without a Good Reason- I'm not gonna try elbowing them out of the way so that I can get a paycheck. I've Done That- and each time- a year later, no promotion- I get Laid Off because Someone doesn't like me, or I quit because I have reasoned that my job wont give me Friends, wont pay for fun on weekends- or it wont even pay my rent.
Recently, I worked up some money and instead of two months rent in another "Incubator"- I bought a couple Big Bore Rifles and I am Ground Pounding- On Foot- out of California. I'm taking a little time to Learn as much as I can about the law surrounding my Guns - in the interest that on some bad day I dont have them taken from me by some Gun Toting Badge Wearing Wanker.

My Dad is a Big Martial Arts Guy- he has trained hard and acquired some unique ability- and he has always challenged my consideration of purchase of a Firearm, and he has a point. But it is the weapon of the Age we live in - and a tool to be considered along with the GoreTex Boot and the Nylon Tent. The fact is I'm not "Scared - so I bought one..."... I'm "Not Scared- and I Have One." I have a good knife, and a hatchet too- but like the guns- I dont feel I Need Them. ---My Health and Two Hands- That is all I need to survive. I'm a Two Time long distance PCT backpacker- I know what the wild world is like and what I'm Up Against. People are the least of my worries and I seriously doubt that I will encounter many circumstances in my life that I will need to Hurt Anyone. I do my best day to day, do what I do honestly- and everyday I try to prepare and remind myself that I could die anytime, any number of ways. Survival alone is not a good enough reason to Shatter a Creature with 45 70 Government imo. Maybe enough to Make em Bleed- but not to Shoot them.
Anyhow- A Lil' word for the SoCal Kids I read about on here, packing a pistol for that "Crazy Person 7 miles out in San Jacinto, in the middle of nowhere..." Paranoia like that is more dangerous than any inanimate object we can make.

Scenario: Backpacking, on the side of the road. Carrying my long gun completely unloaded- slid inside my pack. Considered "Concealed"?
Even if I remove the bolt? Or would it be considered "Temporarily Unavailable" in my closed backpack unloaded? _How might you approach this situation? assuming of course you would do it at all...

- In a National Forest/ State Park where "Unless otherwise prohibited" - in my bivwhack- under some tree somewhere it HAPPENS to be "Illegal" to Camp... would my Loaded "Camp Rifle" Complicate things? -Specifically- Would a Prohibited Camp Site effect the legality of my otherwise Legal Possesion/ LOC/UOC?

To do what I'm gonna do- I gotta roll the dice- and go with my gut. I wont be hunting, never have hunted anything in my life- so no reason to get specific about hunting exemptions. ---I'm poor as a church mouse when it comes to $, Rich as Can Be in the Currency of the Things I Value in Life. If my gun was confiscated, I wouldn't have the means - or even a ride to the cop station to begin to try and get it back. That Fact is the reason I ask my question.
I'll probably be locked up for one thing or another- labeled a criminal for some reason.. But I'll never let myself do anything out of Anger, Greed, or Desperation- to truely be a Criminal. I want places where no one is, I want Solitude- and when I walk a road or enter a town- I want in and Out Fast as possible. People are Bad News for the most part- but you need some interaction and cooperation to survive. "Right up the Middle of the Road"... My Great Grandpa told my Dad..."Not to far Left, not too far Right. Right Down The Middle." - I interpret that saying many ways, but I intend to apply it every way I can along the way.

Thanks for the Read- and Any Answers you Provide on my Scenario... Should you read this after I have hit the road- Thanks Anyway! Think of Me while you are Living Your Life- Consider your Feelings and Search for Truth. Do Your Best to Know Value, not to Earn it. Be Fair to Young People as you would to Old- and when you are Hurt by Someone, dont let yourself Hurt Another. My Dad Says- "Act in Loving Kindness"- he is Buddhist but, He Is Right. It is the Good Way of Doing things. Humble yourself below others first- then train your mind and body to have Power- in whatever form you seek it.
Live Up California
- Yer Folkz -
Ground Pound
Old 09-16-2012, 9:50 PM

Whenever you carry is none of my business.

But if you must, visit pistolwear.com

Like I said, it's none of my business....
Old 09-17-2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Pound View Post
Thank You Mudcamper and the calguns.net Crew for hosting this conversation! In the Interest of Activity on the Thread and Possibly getting some clarification on my specific situation, I'll throw out a question... A Lil back ground and Opinion as well while I'm at it- since I have never used a "Forum" and Probly wont write another post on one, here or anywhere else...

Ground Pound
Hey man. Seems like you've got the right attitude about it all. Keep a healthy spirit and try not to get down on things just because of a couple of spoiled brats from wherever CA are doing or saying whatever. You wouldn't trade with them anyways.

Keep your head up and be smart. Don't get in serious trouble by way of gun law ignorance. This is the LAST state you wanna "guess" what's legal.

These forums are extremely informative, but most the men and women on here would probably not use this as their only means of information heading into a situation where absolute certainty is needed. Be careful man! Be smart..

There are a lot of people out there right now that are just like you. Good people trying to just get by. Be glad you don't have kids, and do your best to enjoy this time. I personally know a lot of dudes who would give anything to be in your "situation" right now..

Be safe. Good luck man-
Old 09-17-2012, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by querulous View Post
I'm going camping in the Los Padres National Forest (NF) in a couple weeks.
I wrote the LPNF on 8/16/2012 and this is a copy of the reply.

Hello,

At this time, target shooting is prohibited in all areas of Los Padres National Forest. We are in Level III Fire Restrictions – meaning, no target shooting allowed except at gun clubs. The restriction period is usually in place until mid-late November. http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/lpnf/n...TELPRDB5384901

Jennifer Gray
Visitor Information Assistant
Los Padres National Forest Headquarters
6755 Hollister Ave. Ste 150
Goleta, CA 93117

Old 09-17-2012, 9:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mg911guy View Post
I wrote the LPNF on 8/16/2012 and this is a copy of the reply.

Hello,

At this time, target shooting is prohibited in all areas of Los Padres National Forest. We are in Level III Fire Restrictions – meaning, no target shooting allowed except at gun clubs. The restriction period is usually in place until mid-late November. http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/lpnf/n...TELPRDB5384901

Jennifer Gray
Visitor Information Assistant
Los Padres National Forest Headquarters
6755 Hollister Ave. Ste 150
Goleta, CA 93117

I would find that reply to be very standard. The standard answer is NO ITS ILLEGAL. or because of some stupid reason you cant. I dont know of any way to start a fire by pinking off a few rounds. Do YOU?
Old 09-17-2012, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosesNagant View Post
I dont know of any way to start a fire by pinking off a few rounds. Do YOU?
Steel Core ammo has been known to start wild fires.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 PM

"Target shooting or other firearms have started at least 21 wildfires in Utah and nearly a dozen in Idaho, the Associated Press says. Gunfire has also been cited for causing wildfires in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and Washington." Republican Utah Governor authorized limitations on target shooting in state and county lands....

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UFgTIxiCYy8
Old 09-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I dont know of any way to start a fire by pinking off a few rounds. Do YOU?
I've seen it happen with my own eyes on two separate occasions. If the conditions are ripe for it all it takes is a spark...
Old 09-18-2012, 2:27 PM
Banned

Well I have to admit, i have been proven wrong. You guys make a strong argument against shooting guns in the national forests. Why would I ever want to start a forest fire. I guess I have been Pushing the limits for a long time now. But then again I dont shoot at solid granite rock to try an see the pretty sparks. Perhaps Barbara Boxer could be directed to this thread to gain some inspiration in her anti gun rampaging.
Old 09-18-2012, 2:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Chinamen Are Trying To Take YOUR National Forest Away From You To Pay Back The Debts Our Treasonous Government Has Occurred. Read the Link

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/an...416&width=full
Are you serious? I didn't get any of that from the article. Who are "Chinamen" anyway? There are many on here too, though that is an old derogatory label used back as far as the 19th century when Chinese immigrants were imposed special racial laws against them and segregated. You might want to say "China Nationals" or something. China is a country, chinese is an ethnicity, and there are many Chinese people in the US going back many generations... like the Irish.

The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.' and that `Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.'
- John Adams

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Old 09-25-2012, 12:33 PM

Default My two cents

Some of us are outdoorsmen and not attorneys. It is my opinion that it is unreasonable for me to have to read 250 legal points every year due to the flippant legislators who are in it just to hassle us law-abiding citizens. What are the percentage of people who will read these statutes every year, comprehend them, and be able to recall any individual circumstance as might be required during travel within the state? I got my hunting license 42 years ago. I was taught about traveling with firearms in vehicles, where you can't have them loaded and where you can't shoot them. There were about 20 points to remember and I always complied with them. The legislation and its constant morphing looks to me like a plan to make criminals out of any person who uses firearms. It will be easy to find some little violation that will make you a criminal and render you one of the marginalized: the felon who has no voting rights, can't get a job, and isn't trusted by landlords, public officials, and anybody else who desires to know what their background is. Thirty years ago there were less than 350,000 US citizens incarcerated in our penal institutions. Today there are over 2,000,000 and climbing. It seems to me this new class of citizen/convict is what those in power love. If I am found guilty of having a rifle with cartridges in the magazine but not the chamber while walking through the trail head parking lot at 3:00 AM to go set up for a morning deer or turkey hunt when I needed to wait until I was off the parking lot to put cartridges in the magazine, who's fault is that? I might be convicted of a felony and have my right to own or use a firearm taken among the other things that will surely screw me for the rest of my life. Is that fair? What about the person who fears this scenario and decides to shoot at the official who wants to investigate him in an effort to save his own life, essentially? If you aren't certain of the laws that you read and comprehended one year ago, they're unreasonable in my opinion. That's all. Thanks for reading. Why are you still reading?

We are federales. You know, the mounted police.
Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!!!

Last edited by MojaveMike; 09-25-2012 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Spelling/grammar
Old 10-03-2012, 8:13 AM

I just called the San Bernardino Supervisor Office to clarify on the policy as I am going backpacking near sugarloaf and would like to have a handgun for self defense. I was told that there was a NEW policy stating that NO firearms can be carried while in the forest regardless if it is open, concealed, loaded, unloaded ANYWHERE in the forest unless hunting, target shooting in a specific legal area, or if you have an LTC. Is this new?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyson1311 View Post
I just called the San Bernardino Supervisor Office to clarify on the policy as I am going backpacking near sugarloaf and would like to have a handgun for self defense. I was told that there was a NEW policy stating that NO firearms can be carried while in the forest regardless if it is open, concealed, loaded, unloaded ANYWHERE in the forest unless hunting, target shooting in a specific legal area, or if you have an LTC. Is this new?
Well that sounds like the person you talked to is confused about the intricacies of the interactions of federal and state law.

The sad truth is it looks like many of the SoCal NFs are starting to ban shooting almost entirely within those Forests. This has always been within their authority to do, but they have only recently started actually doing it. But what does shooting have to do with carrying? Shooting prohibitions trigger the "prohibited area" language of a couple of California laws, specifically, PC25850 (no loading) and PC 26350 (no unloaded open carry).

So in these particular forests, you cannot UOC or LOC (nor LCC without an LTC). But you can LUCC. And you can UOC, LOC, and LCC in your campsite. These exemptions are unimpeded by the "prohibited area" language in the laws. The federal employees just don't understand all this, and frankly, who can blame them. It's getting pretty insanely complex.

The NFs that have issued these sweeping shooting prohibitions, that I know of so far, include Angeles NF, San Bernardino NF, and Los Padres NF.

Last edited by MudCamper; 10-18-2012 at 8:32 AM..
Old 10-21-2012, 8:09 AM

It has been my experience that there is usually a work around with most regulations like these. The key here may be the big unless qualifier you mentioned, perhaps you could simply obtain a California hunting license there is always something to hunt however it might compel you to carry a long gun in addition to your handgun unless you can carry a handgun that is also used to hunt with.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjm400 View Post
It has been my experience that there is usually a work around with most regulations like these. The key here may be the big unless qualifier you mentioned, perhaps you could simply obtain a California hunting license there is always something to hunt however it might compel you to carry a long gun in addition to your handgun unless you can carry a handgun that is also used to hunt with.
This has been discussed many times in this lengthy thread. Coyote season is all year, and a handgun is a legal method of take. This will allow you to use the UCC & LCC exemption (PC 25640), and the UOC exemption (PC 26366). One problem with this is you had better carry only non-lead ammo if you are in a condor zone.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:52 AM

I am 63 years old and I like to hike in the Sierras to fish. I carry a 357 Colt trooper for protection. I have never had to use it but you never know when a mountain lion or bear may be lurking. Or for that matter, a pot grower with his own gun to protect his growing field. So I carry the gun in a holster on my hip in plain sight and always loaded. Yes, maybe I am breaking the DUMB laws by not following or understanding all the 101 rules Cali Govt has made to prevent someone similar to me so I can't even protect myself if needed. No, I would never carry a loaded gun around a population or fire it unless I needed to. They have ranges for target practice. But I just don't know how a person can follow all these rules and try to enjoy the great outdoors. It's really stupid and it only takes common sense to know when and where to carry a gun. What ever happened to the right to bear a gun? Or to protect oneself? Sorry, I only read through a page or two on this subject and the more I read, the more I realized I didn't want to read anymore.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=MudCamper;2514223]
Scenario 2: You are in a National Forest, or a National Park, or on BLM land, in your campsite, carrying a loaded handgun openly or concealed.
Status: legal - 12031(l) exempts you from 12031 and 12026(a) exempts you from 12025

Can anyone go into further detail on this scenario? Is it legal because your campsite is private property possessed by you?

Old 10-30-2012, 3:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombsForce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudCamper View Post
Scenario 2: You are in a National Forest, or a National Park, or on BLM land, in your campsite, carrying a loaded handgun openly or concealed.
Status: legal - 12031(l) exempts you from 12031 and 12026(a) exempts you from 12025
Can anyone go into further detail on this scenario? Is it legal because your campsite is private property possessed by you?
No. If you are in NF or BLM how is it private property? It's not. The details you seek are in the second post of this thread, but I will restate them here:

PC 25850 prohibits loading, but includes this exception:

26055. Nothing in Section 25850 shall prevent any person from having a loaded weapon, if it is otherwise lawful, at the person's place of residence, including any temporary residence or campsite.

PC 25400 prohibits concealing, but includes the following exception (abridged):

25605. (a) Section 25400 ... shall not apply to or affect any citizen of the United States or legal resident over the age of 18 years who resides or is temporarily within this state ... who carries, either openly or concealed, anywhere within the citizen's or legal resident's place of residence, place of business, or on private property owned or lawfully possessed by the citizen or legal resident...

It's all about your "residence" which basically is where you lay your head at night.
Old 11-14-2012, 1:08 AM
Veteran Member

Anyone not a lawyer actually understand this thread? After the 1st post summary, I'm basically lost.

Open carry loaded? Open carry unloaded? Concealed carry loaded? Concealed carry unloaded? What defines concealed and open? BLM? National Forest?... It makes my head hurt trying to decipher these backwards laws for every possible combination.

I'd like to carry my gun while hiking and otherwise traveling (by car/foot) through Los Padres and other areas (National Forest/BLM) in/around Ventura County, but I'm confused of when and where I can and cannot carry and how I can carry, and I feel like I'm risking jail time, fines, firearm confiscation or a combination thereof by simply thinking of being armed while in these areas.
Old 11-14-2012, 5:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
Anyone not a lawyer actually understand this thread? After the 1st post summary, I'm basically lost.

Open carry loaded? Open carry unloaded? Concealed carry loaded? Concealed carry unloaded? What defines concealed and open? BLM? National Forest?... It makes my head hurt trying to decipher these backwards laws for every possible combination.

I'd like to carry my gun while hiking and otherwise traveling (by car/foot) through Los Padres and other areas (National Forest/BLM) in/around Ventura County, but I'm confused of when and where I can and cannot carry and how I can carry, and I feel like I'm risking jail time, fines, firearm confiscation or a combination thereof by simply thinking of being armed while in these areas.
get a hunting license, don't use lead ammo, if anyone asks the firearm is for coyote hunting.

as for driving, unload it, lock it up.

or get a LTC...good luck with that in Ventura...its really not likely to happen.
Old 11-14-2012, 1:09 PM

Tagged. For future confusion...lol
Old 11-14-2012, 3:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
get a hunting license, don't use lead ammo, if anyone asks the firearm is for coyote hunting.

as for driving, unload it, lock it up.

or get a LTC...good luck with that in Ventura...its really not likely to happen.
I will look into the hunting license next time I stop by Turner's. I'm not a hunter, but I might as well pick up one up, it's one more thing to add to my "resume" (so to speak).

Does a hunting license grant carry privileges and does it only apply during certain times of the year?

As for lead free ammo, is that needed in Los Padres and other areas in/around Ventura County, especially if I'm not specifically hunting?
Old 11-14-2012, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Does a hunting license grant carry privileges and does it only apply during certain times of the year?
Hunting and fishing license grant you the privilege to carry conceal without a CCW while engaged in hunting or fishing, or transporting those firearms unloaded when going to or returning from the hunting or fishing expedition. So long as firearms aren't prohibited where you're at.

Read penal codes 12025 and 12027, the numbering might have been changed.
Old 11-14-2012, 4:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I will look into the hunting license next time I stop by Turner's. I'm not a hunter, but I might as well pick up one up, it's one more thing to add to my "resume" (so to speak).

As for lead free ammo, is that needed in Los Padres and other areas in/around Ventura County, especially if I'm not specifically hunting?
Lead Free Ammo is required while hunting specific game types (deer, bear, wild pig, elk, and pronghorn antelope, coyotes, ground squirrels, and other non-game wildlife) within the California Condor Lead Free Zone.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/condor/
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunti...rvationAct.pdf
Old 11-14-2012, 5:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

Turners has a weird Hunting license deal. You do 1/2 the course online paying $25, then drive all the way to LA for a 8 hour class and pay them $35.

Blueline Ammo was doing classes for $10. They are closed til like December since they moved. The classes there were hit and miss and you had to call them to get on a list. Its was a 12 hour class 7am-7pm.

Shooters Paradise is also $10, 12 hours as per the law, but stretched out to 4 days. I think its nights which is good for guys who work.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
Turners has a weird Hunting license deal. You do 1/2 the course online paying $25, then drive all the way to LA for a 8 hour class and pay them $35.

Blueline Ammo was doing classes for $10. They are closed til like December since they moved. The classes there were hit and miss and you had to call them to get on a list. Its was a 12 hour class 7am-7pm.

Shooters Paradise is also $10, 12 hours as per the law, but stretched out to 4 days. I think its nights which is good for guys who work.

Thanks for the info. I will wait until Blueline re-opens. I remember seeing the sign up sheets when I was there... I'm not driving to LA for Turner's (hence why I love their Oxnard location), and Shooters probably won't work for me because of my job and school schedule.

Again, I'm not a hunter, so it's not something I need immediately, but if helps to keep me out of jail, keeps my firearms from being confiscated and/or keeps me from paying fines, I have no issue obtaining a hunting license.
Old 11-24-2012, 4:02 PM

well i was planning on getting a hunting license anyways but i shouldn't need one to carry a loaded shotgun for my protection in the woods it's ridculous! i mean ok fine regulate the city like crazy where you have an excuse saying cops can protect you but ou in the woods???? are you f*cking serious you think a bear gives a godd*mn about the law or a pot grower protectiong his crop! this is utter bull.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM

Going camping in January at a rented campsite in a San Mateo County Park. I'm assuming any kind of carry is illegal?
Old 12-04-2012, 2:35 PM
Veteran Member

this thread brings ridiculous confusion. So as I understand it, loaded firearms are prohibited in state parks even while camped? I am going to be doing some car camping and am trying to figure out if its illegal to carry loaded in a vehicle that you are actively camping in (ie: at a campground, sleeping in vehicle). Any thoughts as to whether car camping in those conditions even counts as a campsite?

Probably need to get ahold of the park service for this one, but on of the locations is shown as National Forest, but the campground is a snow-park run by the state parks, WTF does that qualify as?
Old 12-10-2012, 7:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Okay so I'm going to Redwood National Park.
I'm not sure if they have a shooting restriction (very likely, I will check).
But if they restrict discharge, then you can't LOC and now can't UOC due to new law. You can't LCC without a permit.
Your campsite is exempt from these carry restrictions.
A hunting license will exempt you since coyote season is year round and a pistol is a legal method of take as long as you're not in a "condor zone", if you are then it must be lead free ammo (since it is technically for hunting).

Is this correct??
Old 01-15-2013, 7:15 PM

So if I'm in a National Forest where firearms are permitted I can UOC correct? How about LOC?

While in in that National Forest and I come across within a 150 yards of a road, do I have to put my unloaded gun into a lock box to move across the road?

Thanks,
Chad
Old 01-27-2013, 8:15 PM
Banned

The biggest issue seems to be who responds and their interpretation. I used NP a lot but even after speaking with rangers I'm hesitant to carry unless I'm in pursuit of game.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:03 AM

What are the current laws for shooting/carrying a long gun In a national forest?
Old 01-31-2013, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew92 View Post
What are the current laws for shooting/carrying a long gun In a national forest?
See post No. 1
Old 01-31-2013, 9:53 PM

Quote:
(2) A violation of subparagraph (A) of paragraph (1) of
subdivision (a) is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not
exceeding one year, or by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars
($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, if both of the
following conditions exist:
(A) The handgun and unexpended ammunition capable of being
discharged from that handgun are in the immediate possession of that
person.
I haven't read the entire thread but did see this in PC 26350. Does this change People v. Clark. If I'm getting it wrong, don't jump my poo.

When I'm going to the range, where is the ammo supposed to go?

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1646789

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1645958

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1645863

Legal disclaimer: Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one, including me.
Old 02-01-2013, 2:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy View Post
I haven't read the entire thread but did see this in PC 26350. Does this change People v. Clark. If I'm getting it wrong, don't jump my poo.

When I'm going to the range, where is the ammo supposed to go?
The section you quoted is irrelevant to the People v Clarke decision.

You missed the next section of 26350. Note the words I've bolded. That definition would only apply if you had the handgun illegally. i.e. you're a felon, or you're in possession of a stolen gun, etc

When you're going to range, it doesn't matter where the ammo is as long as it is not in a gun and not in a magazine which is in a gun.

(2) A violation of subparagraph (A) of paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, if both of the following conditions exist:

(A) The handgun and unexpended ammunition capable of being discharged from that handgun are in the immediate possession of that person.

(B) The person is not in lawful possession of that handgun.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Banned

Does anyone know if Desolation Wilderness is considered a National Forest?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:03 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcuseMe View Post
Does anyone know if Desolation Wilderness is considered a National Forest?
It is within the Eldorado National Forest.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
It is within the Eldorado National Forest.
Thanks!
Old 02-07-2013, 1:17 PM
Banned

Welp, I just bought a nice thigh holster for my 1911. After reading this thread, I have no idea if I can UOC in Desolation Wilderness or not. I wrote a letter to Gov Brown, so I'm sure he'll get back to me in a timely manner and set things straight. As soon as he does, I'll let you guys know.