Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 5:16 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES13Raven View Post
I am already a member of the NRA, SAF and GOA.

Is the CRPA worth joining / donating to?
Well, I resigned from their Board of Directors because of their policies and attitudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetentacle View Post
CRPA is not only involved in lobbying. They are also very active in promoting competitive shooting in California. The California High Power Rifle Team competes in Camp Perry under their banner. Recently, they issued a $14,000 grant to the Los Angeles Rifle & Revolver Club in order to purchase electronic targets for training the next generation of Olympic shooters.

Combined with what I know of their lobbying efforts in Sacramento, I'm sold on CRPA. I'm a member and plan to become a lifer at the first opportunity. Screw the naysayers..
And just think what they could do if they allocated more than 3% of their annual budget to shooting activities...

They do deserve kudos for their Sacramento lobbyist, though. He's top notch. That probably justifies the membership fee. Just don't expect them to lead an effective statewide defense of RKBA.

Last edited by Gryff; 02-01-2013 at 5:25 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 5:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
John, you've sunk to a new low - which is really quite impressive given your record.
Quote:

In fact, I encourage people to become members and demand from us better leadership and higher return on their investment.

-Brandon
Brandon, You drew first blood when all i wanted was some answers. Answers you wouldn't reveal on the phone and telling me you were to busy. When i wanted to let you in on some county CCW policies it was dismissed. When i asked about "save CRPA" it was side stepped with. "it would cost to much"

All anyone wants here is what YOU quoted above.

I am not your enemy! I still support your/our cause. Many here simply want clarity on how donations are being spent and utilized. CGF needs to quit trying to be so perfect IMHO. As i said before, nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. JMHO. I still consider myself a CGF volunteer. Albeit, surely excommunicated.
Old 02-01-2013, 5:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
Not that hard to call a spade a spade.
You tell me. What, other than paying Tom Pederson's salary has CRPA done that's beneficial to you. Recall that CRPA-F is not CRPA.

I will enjoy your silence.

-Gene

PS. Ask CRPA how many years back they had to re-ratify their bylaws because they weren't legal.

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 02-01-2013, 5:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
You tell me. What, other than paying Tom Pederson's salary has CRPA done that's beneficial to you. Recall that CRPA-F is not CRPA.

-Gene
I never said i endorsed CRPA, I'm not happy with them. If you read my previous posts i said that joining CRPA would really only do one thing, help pay for their lobbyist. I basically said that, "at least that is ONE reason to join them and thats about it".

I personally would not join CRPA and have not until change happens. My gripe is that Brandon didn't follow through or give a report on, saveCRPA. Just a simple follow up is all i asked for.
Old 02-01-2013, 5:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

-Gene
OH, it takes a lot more than creative speech to silence me In fact, i don't even think the good lord himself has figured that one out.
Old 02-01-2013, 5:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
OH, it takes a lot more than creative speech to silence me In fact, i don't even think the good lord himself has figured that one out.
Old 02-01-2013, 5:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
CRPA has a very good lobbyist in Sac. A yearly membership would not hurt you and help 2A in this state. Bottom line! I am not a CRPA fan, but they do have the only CA lobbyist in this state worth beans other than our local NRA lobbyist. At least that I know of.
Here Gene. I re quoted myself since you don't feel the need to scroll up
Old 02-01-2013, 6:45 PM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Well, I resigned from their Board of Directors because of their policies and attitudes.
Right, Gene Hoffman telling you to had nothing to do with it....

Quote:
Ask CRPA how many years back they had to re-ratify their bylaws because they weren't legal.
How many former CGF treasurers swindled gun owners out of hard earned cash again and again, on your watch?
Old 02-01-2013, 7:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

-Gene

Still waiting for a CGF response.

Maybe its time for a "saveCGF" thread?
Old 02-01-2013, 8:01 PM
Cantankerous old coot

And more divisiveness from the "If they aren't our friends they are our enemies" group. I supported Gene's slate for the CRPA BOD. Then he decided that because he couldn't change CRPA overnight he would take his ball and go home.

I am sorry, but that is not how corporations work and Gene should know better. I give Brandon a pass because he has always been the petulant child of the group, but Gene should have been more capable of working the room and acting as an adult. Apparently not. Paul has my backing on this now. Gene and the whole SaveCRPA group can joust at windmills all they want, but no more support from me and I will encourage other to do the same.

CGF, SAF and Brandon's other groups have their place in the world, but I am in no way endorsing them over CRPA/NRA.
Old 02-01-2013, 8:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Brandon, You drew first blood when all i wanted was some answers. Answers you wouldn't reveal on the phone and telling me you were to busy. When i wanted to let you in on some county CCW policies it was dismissed. When i asked about "save CRPA" it was side stepped with. "it would cost to much"
John, we've reached the point where you're just not telling the truth. I asked you to email Gene about your accusations regarding his political contributions, to which you replied that you don't want to bother Gene. We make ourselves available every day and we certainly don't sidestep questions.

Quote:
All anyone wants here is what YOU quoted above.
I'm one CRPA director of many. I've offered proposals for improving CRPA (as have others, like Gene); to date, the board has rejected each of them. CRPA's election procedures have not yet changed. Perhaps they will at some time in the future. One hugely important thing that was secured through my efforts was for CRPA to state on the record that members may vote by proxy.

Quote:
I am not your enemy! I still support your/our cause. Many here simply want clarity on how donations are being spent and utilized. CGF needs to quit trying to be so perfect IMHO. As i said before, nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. JMHO. I still consider myself a CGF volunteer. Albeit, surely excommunicated.
I have no idea what you are, John, but you're certainly not in any way helping. There's no spade to call here. Your posts of late have made it clear that you are not satisfied. Fine. You have many points of reference from Gene, me, Bill, and others. If those are insufficient then you'll just have to evaluate and make decisions.

Finally, I'm sending you a check in the amount that you sent me to help offset my legal fees and will note that in the log.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-01-2013, 8:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
John, we've reached the point where you're just not telling the truth. I asked you to email Gene about your accusations regarding his political contributions, to which you replied that you don't want to bother Gene. We make ourselves available every day and we certainly don't sidestep questions.

I'm one CRPA director of many. I've offered proposals for improving CRPA (as have others, like Gene); to date, the board has rejected each of them. CRPA's election procedures have not yet changed. Perhaps they will at some time in the future. One hugely important thing that was secured through my efforts was for CRPA to state on the record that members may vote by proxy.

I have no idea what you are, John, but you're certainly not in any way helping. There's no spade to call here. Your posts of late have made it clear that you are not satisfied. Fine. You have many points of reference from Gene, me, Bill, and others. If those are insufficient then you'll just have to evaluate and make decisions.

Finally, I'm sending you a check in the amount that you sent me to help offset my legal fees and will note that in the log.

-Brandon
I don't want a check back, in fact i won't cash it if you send it. I want, well thought out, spot on clarity, (best you can for CGN anyway without tipping your hat) Honest to goodness updates. EVEN if that means things are not going well. FYI, sometimes defeat brings the best out in people!! You really need to learn this stuff. You have my phone number, try it sometime, CGF and their way with people needs improvement. For CGF's own good. Or perhaps you're not interested which is fine too.

It appears to many here that egos could be stalling our 2A rights in this state. YES! Even as hard as you work. And, I understand how hard you really do work.
Old 02-01-2013, 9:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I belong to the CRPA.. but to be honest I feel my money is better spent donated to the SAF..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony270 View Post
It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA
Old 02-01-2013, 9:07 PM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus

Quote:
As you also apparently work for SAF now, can you post something similar for all of Alan Gottlieb's organizations? Not just the non-profits like SAF, but also the for-profit entities he funnels cash to (from the "non-profits") so he can line his own pockets? Also, how much does he get paid from all those groups, with money donated by gun owners? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
I belong to the CRPA.. but to be honest I feel my money is better spent donated to the SAF..
I'm sure Gottlieb appreciates it!
Old 02-01-2013, 9:18 PM

I am so confused... Just became a 3 year CRPA member, was this a wrong decision ? . Which is best place to donate for California cause then?.

GOA, SAF, CRPA or a CGF(I always try to use amazon) ? .

Last edited by dems4gun2; 02-01-2013 at 9:29 PM..
Old 02-01-2013, 9:35 PM
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is done, old trash doesn't need to be rehashed.

Sent from my Android Tablet.
Closed Thread