Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 02-21-2018, 10:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default C&R questions

Hello. I'm looking to buy a Sistema Colt off of GB. These qualify as C & R under federal guidelines. Am I able to "import" it into CA, or does CA not recognize C & R status firearms?
Old 02-21-2018, 10:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns

I am sure that in the time it took you to post this thread you could have looked this up on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger aka RozaShanina View Post
Weiner is in jail for doing much less than Kavanaugh or your Dear Leader Trump have done and they are walking around free.

NRA Benefactor Member

Police brutality? Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114 to learn more about "isolated incidents"
Old 02-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

Depends on what you are asking.

CA follows federal guidelines on C&R, so it would be roster exempt.

CA Ignores federal law on interstate commerce, so if you are asking if you can have it shipped directly to you (assuming you hold a 03 FFL) the answer is no, it needs to go to a 01 FFL, and you need to pay the transfer fees and all the associated hoops to buy it from a California dealer.
Old 02-21-2018, 2:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns

I am sure that in the time it took you to post this thread you could have looked this up on your own.
First, thank you for the link. Second, if it was such an annoyance for you to post it, then you could’ve just ignored the thread. It is attitudes from gun owners like yourself that keep people from joining the the gun community and helping with the fight for Second Amendment rights.

Last edited by Dimitri A.; 02-21-2018 at 2:25 PM..
Old 02-21-2018, 7:39 PM

No need for anyone to post put down comments. Trapshooter forum is a classic example of snobs. Hopefully this site will be more friendly. Dimitri was just asking a question that could have been answered with out a put down response.
Old 02-21-2018, 7:43 PM
Veteran Member

The real question is do you have an 01FFL that knows what the heck they are doing and wont charge you $100+ for the transfer? If you do then you are extremely lucky. Cant tell you how many times people have posted about their FFL spreading total FUD about how they couldnt import the gun they bought on GB.
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.
Old 02-21-2018, 7:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Lightcav nailed it. Find an FFL willing to work with you. It's more involved than just reading a date on a receiver, find one that will go through date code markings or serial number ranges with you to determine C&R status and other related minutae. Sadly we are bound at the ankles when it comes to C&R pistols, so finding a good FFL is key.

A few of those....A couple of that....but just enough to have fun :D
Old 02-21-2018, 7:55 PM

Dimitri, if you let us know where you are geographically we can recommend C&R friendly FFLs.
Old 02-21-2018, 8:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri A. View Post
First, thank you for the link. Second, if it was such an annoyance for you to post it, then you couldíve just ignored the thread. It is attitudes from gun owners like yourself that keep people from joining the the gun community and helping with the fight for Second Amendment rights.
Learning how to do a simple search will help you to fight for your Second Amendment Rights in the future. If a comment pointing out how you could have easily found the info you wanted on your own will keep you from joining the gun community and helping with the fight for Second Amendment rights, then you really don't believe that strongly in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger aka RozaShanina View Post
Weiner is in jail for doing much less than Kavanaugh or your Dear Leader Trump have done and they are walking around free.

NRA Benefactor Member

Police brutality? Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114 to learn more about "isolated incidents"
Old 02-21-2018, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Learning how to do a simple search will help you to fight for your Second Amendment Rights in the future. If a comment pointing out how you could have easily found the info you wanted on your own will keep you from joining the gun community and helping with the fight for Second Amendment rights, then you really don't believe that strongly in them.
80% posts on any forum can be easily answered by simply Googling. There is nothing wrong with Dimitiri's question. Calguns thrive on being friendly and helpful.
Your original and this posts are uncalled for, rude and snobbish. Perhaps your tagline is right, you really do need a life.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp1 View Post
Dimitri, if you let us know where you are geographically we can recommend C&R friendly FFLs.
I'm currently located in Downey.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:50 PM

Iím not familiar with any FFLs down by Downey, but I know of two knowledgeable FFLs in Simi Valley. Closer to you is Alamo Pawn, where I have seen positive signs. I have never run a C&R transfer through them first hand.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:21 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winetoad View Post
No need for anyone to post put down comments. Dimitri was just asking a question that could have been answered with out a put down response.
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOdessa View Post
80% posts on any forum can be easily answered by simply Googling. There is nothing wrong with Dimitiri's question. Calguns thrive on being friendly and helpful.
Your original and this posts are uncalled for, rude and snobbish. Perhaps your tagline is right, you really do need a life.
And agreed.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 02-22-2018, 5:43 AM
@ the Dark End of the Bar
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Aces Jewelry and Loan in West Covina charges $25 + DROS/Tax for Out of State transfers. They are 100% GtG. If you provide them with verification that the pistol is C&R they’ll process the transfer. I’ve used them for years.

ETA: They also recognize the 03+COE 10-day wait exemption for C&R, as well as the Olympic Pistol exemptions.

http://www.acesjewelryandloan.com

Last edited by joefrank64k; 02-22-2018 at 6:09 AM..
Old 02-22-2018, 7:57 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Hi Dimitri,

Orange Coast Auctions can help you out and they only charge $35 for transfer

http://www.cwocauctions.com/index.ph...d=83&Itemid=27

Ask to talk with Dave about a transfer of a C&R pistol from gunbroker
Old 02-25-2018, 11:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have a kind of stupid add on question. I dug a little bit but can't find clear answer. It says C&R guns are exempt from the roster. But if I personally haven't received my 03 yet, can the ffl01 I use still receive it for me? He's awesome and charges $20. But I want to make sure I can get the gun.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kronstadt View Post
I have a kind of stupid add on question. I dug a little bit but can't find clear answer. It says C&R guns are exempt from the roster. But if I personally haven't received my 03 yet, can the ffl01 I use still receive it for me? He's awesome and charges $20. But I want to make sure I can get the gun.
The roster only applies to handguns, so if you're looking to buy a C&R handgun it needs to go to an 01FFL regardless of you having an 03. An 03/COE just gets you out of the 10 day wait if the 01FFL knows what they're doing.

A few of those....A couple of that....but just enough to have fun :D
Old 03-05-2018, 1:24 AM

Quote:
sometimes the statutes and laws can be extremely confusing, especially for someone new to firearms.. if people can come here and get plain engish explanations then all the better.