Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2017, 8:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicopilot View Post
Maybe what we can do is come up with a compiled chunk of info that summarizes everything we know, with timelines from people who are really trying to make this happen.

For example:

1. File petition with the court to have felony reduced to misdemeanor.
Submitted to court in early July 2017.

2. Timeline (in my case) was approximately 1 month for the judge to approve it.
Granted mid August 2017.

3. JUS 8715 form shows as being transmitted to the DOJ and arresting agency twice - once approximately 2.5 months after step 1, then again 4+ months after step 1. Unclear why it was sent twice in my case.

Here's where it gets hazy for me, because being a guy who was never really into guns (due to being prohibited from owning one for the past 15 years) I don't understand how the various agencies interact and who needs to approve what.

What's next?
Do a live scan to see if your criminal records reflect proper recording of JUS8715. See post #393 in this thread for reference. It should say "reduced to misdemeanor" per 11361.8. If not then the appeals process begins for you which at this point seems to take another 4-6 months. At this point we aren't sure how long its taking to get to all of the other agencies after CA DOJ records.
Old 12-12-2017, 9:28 AM

I would wait "At least" 3 months before checking a Live Scan.
maybe wait 6 months. Unless you do not mind spending the money to Live Scan It took Kellon 11 months to Dros.
Old 12-12-2017, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicopilot View Post
Maybe what we can do is come up with a compiled chunk of info that summarizes everything we know, with timelines from people who are really trying to make this happen.

For example:

1. File petition with the court to have felony reduced to misdemeanor.
Submitted to court in early July 2017.

2. Timeline (in my case) was approximately 1 month for the judge to approve it.
Granted mid August 2017.

3. JUS 8715 form shows as being transmitted to the DOJ and arresting agency twice - once approximately 2.5 months after step 1, then again 4+ months after step 1. Unclear why it was sent twice in my case.

Here's where it gets hazy for me, because being a guy who was never really into guns (due to being prohibited from owning one for the past 15 years) I don't understand how the various agencies interact and who needs to approve what.

What's next?
They don't interact, that's the problem.
Old 12-12-2017, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilexi View Post
I would wait "At least" 3 months before checking a Live Scan.
maybe wait 6 months. Unless you do not mind spending the money to Live Scan It took Kellon 11 months to Dros.
So does it properly showing up on LiveScan mean that it's cleared by the DOJ or whatever and that's all it takes?

Meaning, clean LiveScan = ability to purchase a firearm?