Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 10-18-2018, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe47 View Post
If you shot that at 50 yds with Auto Match you better go back and buy all of that batch you can find, and don't do anything to change that rifle.
LOL. I know Fed AutoMatch isn't the best but it seems to be pretty darn accurate in this gun so far. Also have a few other brands I intend to try (CCI, Eley, etc) but havne't gotten around to it yet.
Old 10-18-2018, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtlaw View Post
I've got mine on DROS so I'm excited to take possession. One question though. The optics I have available are either (1) a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44 or (2) a Leupold VX R Patrol 3-9x 40. On another Calguns section I asked which was better for this rifle. The replies left me feeling that the Vortex barely had the minimum magnification needed. This section seems to prefer 2-7x. I'm confused. Should I use the Vortex or the Leupold?
I didn't necessarily prefer 2-7x but found a good deal on the glass so went with it. At 7x things can still be a bit small at 100yds, but you can hit clays on the berm all day long and then go back and hit the leftover pieces easily. The range I go to most of the time maxes out at 100yds so it works for me. If you're looking to shoot further than that regularly you'd probably want at least 12x minimum.
Old 10-18-2018, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO-bound View Post
I didn't necessarily prefer 2-7x but found a good deal on the glass so went with it. At 7x things can still be a bit small at 100yds, but you can hit clays on the berm all day long and then go back and hit the leftover pieces easily. The range I go to most of the time maxes out at 100yds so it works for me. If you're looking to shoot further than that regularly you'd probably want at least 12x minimum.

I have swfa 12x on my savage. I can shoot up to 280 yards without any issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2018, 6:38 AM

Default Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO-bound View Post

Thanks for the responses re magnification. I'll use the Vortex until a good deal comes along for maybe 16x or a little higher. Since I still have a lot of recovery left from back surgery it'll be awhile before I can make it to the desert anyway.