Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:21 AM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Michael Voigt has gone to the great shooting range in the sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Reese Voigt
Dear Friends, my heart is broken. The love of my life, my soulmate, my precious husband Michael Voigt passed away after a long battle with cancer. We have been together for 11 years, I know we will be together forever. Services and Interment will be held Saturday, April 14th at 3:00pm at Rose Hills Memorial Park, 3888 Workman Mill Road, Whittier, CA 90601. Join our family in celebrating his life and legacy. In lieu of flowers, I ask that you support the great passion of his life by donating to the USPSA Junior Program. https://uspsa.org/announcement/576
Michael was a champion in the competitive shooting world, and was based out of SoCal. I'll never forget watching him shoot at the 3GN Nationals going head to head with Taran Buttler in Las Vegas for $50K and coming out on top.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I just heard a couple hours ago.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Maggie Reese Voigt in her time of grieving.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Glock, XD and M&P pistols, Benelli and Remington shotguns: barrel, sight, trigger and receiver work.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and weekend appointments available.
Founding member of the CAPRC
Old 03-28-2018, 11:49 AM
Vendor/Retailer

RIP
Old 03-28-2018, 11:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Rest Michael.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:35 PM

Default Michael Voigt has gone to the great shooting range in the sky...

Im going to miss him so much. One of the nicest guys and one of the greatest shooters to walk the planet. God bless you, friend.

Last edited by Mesa Defense; 03-28-2018 at 5:59 PM..
Old 03-28-2018, 8:01 PM

Rest In Peace Mike
Old 03-28-2018, 8:28 PM

3GN Mourns Loss of Iconic Shooter, Industry Veteran, Mike Voigt
Firearm industry & competition shooting lose one of the greatest shooters of all-time with the passing of former USPSA president, 3-Gun Champion, Michael Voigt

The firearm industry and competition shooting world lost a true innovator and icon with the recent passing of Michael Voigt, who lost his battle with cancer. Regarded by many as one of the greatest all-around shooters of all-time, Voigt wore many hats during his impressive competition shooting career, including the title of USPSA President for more than a decade, as well as product developer and spokesperson for companies such as SureFire and Safariland.

But it was in competition where Voigt made arguably his greatest mark, dominating in the world of 3-Gun for the better part of three decades. It was in 3-Gun where some of Voigt’s innovative gear choices, such as secondary optics, became groundbreaking, while his shooting performances proved legendary. Voigt’s frequent battles with Jerry Miculek in the Open/Unlimited divisions at 3-Gun matches have given competition shooting some of the greatest displays of action shooting, regardless of discipline.

Voigt leaves a legacy of numerous national and world championships in pistol, rifle, shotgun and 3-gun; Voigt was an incredible long-range shooter as well, doing well in competitions outside the realm of practical shooting. If one could think it, build it, shoot it, or compete with it, chances are, Voigt could do it better than most – as such, a litany of products, concepts and techniques, as well as those championships, will help Voigt remain long-remembered in the shooting world.

But there was something else about the man, something greater than even his remarkable shooting. Whether sitting around with friends and a cold beer after a match, or tearing down a fellow competitor’s 2011 to go over the finer points of what makes a good trigger, when Voigt spoke, everyone around him seemed to listen. He had an impact upon the games we play, and for those that knew him well, he had an even greater impact upon their lives.

Voigt was with 3GN through many of the early incarnations of the shoot-offs, the Pro Series, and our efforts to grow the sport. We had many long talks, where Voigt both agreed with us, or told us we were completely crazy, depending on the subject, in a way only Mike could. 3GN will forever be grateful to Mike and his influence, wisdom and support.

From everyone at 3GN, our hearts go out to Mike’s wife, Maggie Reese Voigt, their family, and all of those saddened by the loss of one of our sport’s greatest. Maggie has asked that to honor Mike, in lieu of flowers, that donations be made to support the USPSA Junior Program.

Dear Friends, my heart is broken. The love of my life, my soulmate, my precious husband Michael Voigt passed away after…

Posted by Maggie Reese Voigt on Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Old 04-08-2018, 10:04 PM

Mike was a gentleman warrior and one of the shooting world's great class acts: The kind of guy you could meet once and never forget, a true leader, a real man, and an inspiration to everyone who knew him or competed against him. You will be sorely missed Mike and I'm honored to have known you. Now I have no doubt that that those of us who get to heaven will be greeted by a well organized range and the sound of ringing plates. God bless you, and God bless and keep your dear wife and family.

Complete set of reloading equipment plus dies for 338 LM
Desert Tactical Arms SRS rifles - Gen 1 and Gen 2
Proof Research Carbon Fiber barrels for DTA SRS, various calibers (new)
Old 04-09-2018, 3:13 AM

RIP Mr. Voigt. He was one of the first people I read about that motivated me to start shooting sports. You’ll be dearly missed.
Old 04-09-2018, 3:31 AM
Veteran Member

RIP Champ...
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 04-15-2018, 10:00 AM
VETERAN
CGN Contributor

RIP
Old 04-24-2018, 4:13 PM
Calguns Addict

I met him in the 90's. He lived in Tucson back then. We were both shooting in the World Shootoff Championship. Very nice and helpful guy.

I have to disagree his greatest impact was as a 3 gun shooter, I think it was his tenure as USPSA President. It was great to have an actual competitor as leader of the organization.