Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-13-2018, 8:37 AM
jandmtv's Avatar
jandmtv jandmtv is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Reseda, CA
Posts: 5,356
iTrader: 76 / 100%
Default Norma Elite Match 22LR. $40 for 500

Donít know how good these elite match rounds are. But the price seems good.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...ead-round-nose
__________________
Looking for RPR or Precision Rifle Accessories? Check out Anarchy Outdoors. http://www.anarchyoutdoors.com?afmc=1w
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-13-2018, 8:53 AM
Calamity Sue Calamity Sue is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Las Vegas / Florida
Posts: 3,892
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandmtv View Post
Donít know how good these elite match rounds are. But the price seems good.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...ead-round-nose
They've been that price for several weeks (months??) now. At 8 cpr delivered you can't lose. You have to try them and see how well each of your guns shoot them. They will vary. Mine likes them, but usually likes the SK as good or better, and for most of the past 5 years or so, the SK Std+ was cheaper, and even the Rifle Match came in cheaper at times. If I needed any, I would buy some. But I don't.

Remember, Midway has free ship on most items.
__________________
Actually Sue's Husband
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-13-2018, 8:55 AM
jandmtv's Avatar
jandmtv jandmtv is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Reseda, CA
Posts: 5,356
iTrader: 76 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue View Post
They've been that price for several weeks (months??) now. At 8 cpr delivered you can't lose. You have to try them and see how well each of your guns shoot them. They will vary. Mine likes them, but usually likes the SK as good or better, and for most of the past 5 years or so, the SK Std+ was cheaper, and even the Rifle Match came in cheaper at times. If I needed any, I would buy some. But I don't.

Remember, Midway has free ship on most items.
AJ finally paid out this morning.
__________________
Looking for RPR or Precision Rifle Accessories? Check out Anarchy Outdoors. http://www.anarchyoutdoors.com?afmc=1w
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-13-2018, 9:18 AM
Calamity Sue Calamity Sue is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Las Vegas / Florida
Posts: 3,892
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandmtv View Post
AJ finally paid out this morning.
You guys are worrywarts. It's like finding money in a parking lot at a casino. It sounds like you are all living paycheck to paycheck. AJ has always paid.

Back to Norma Match. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's elite. It's not. But it usually shoots quite nicely with just a few flyers and those don't fly very far.

Again, at 8 cpr delivered it's a steal. If you can, that is.
__________________
Actually Sue's Husband
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-13-2018, 10:00 AM
jandmtv's Avatar
jandmtv jandmtv is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Reseda, CA
Posts: 5,356
iTrader: 76 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue View Post
You guys are worrywarts. It's like finding money in a parking lot at a casino. It sounds like you are all living paycheck to paycheck. AJ has always paid.

Back to Norma Match. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's elite. It's not. But it usually shoots quite nicely with just a few flyers and those don't fly very far.

Again, at 8 cpr delivered it's a steal. If you can, that is.
Haha. We just wanted our free money.
__________________
Looking for RPR or Precision Rifle Accessories? Check out Anarchy Outdoors. http://www.anarchyoutdoors.com?afmc=1w
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-13-2018, 10:06 AM
Calamity Sue Calamity Sue is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Las Vegas / Florida
Posts: 3,892
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandmtv View Post
Haha. We just wanted our free money.
That's quite obvious.

Went shooting this morning and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 100 yards with my DD. No matter what ammo I used. At least it was nice to get out to shoot. A bit hot and humid though. I'm gonna take one of my other scopes next time and switch off the Athlon after I shoot it a while and see what differences I find. Don't believe it's the scope though. Still I had a hard time getting 5 shots anywhere on my 3" target let alone an inch or so apart.
__________________
Actually Sue's Husband

Last edited by Calamity Sue; 02-13-2018 at 10:12 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-13-2018, 10:48 AM
beanz2's Avatar
beanz2 beanz2 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,638
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue View Post
That's quite obvious.

Went shooting this morning and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 100 yards with my DD. No matter what ammo I used. At least it was nice to get out to shoot. A bit hot and humid though. I'm gonna take one of my other scopes next time and switch off the Athlon after I shoot it a while and see what differences I find. Don't believe it's the scope though. Still I had a hard time getting 5 shots anywhere on my 3" target let alone an inch or so apart.
Ahh, the retired life! Shooting on a Tuesday morning... What I would do to go shooting on Tuesdays. I'd rather shoot poorly at the range than be working
__________________

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-13-2018, 10:57 AM
Calamity Sue Calamity Sue is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Las Vegas / Florida
Posts: 3,892
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Ahh, the retired life! Shooting on a Tuesday morning... What I would do to go shooting on Tuesdays. I'd rather shoot poorly at the range than be working
I was thinking exactly that while trying to hit my target.
__________________
Actually Sue's Husband
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-13-2018, 11:25 AM
teh rick teh rick is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 358
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue View Post
That's quite obvious.

Went shooting this morning and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 100 yards with my DD. No matter what ammo I used. At least it was nice to get out to shoot. A bit hot and humid though. I'm gonna take one of my other scopes next time and switch off the Athlon after I shoot it a while and see what differences I find. Don't believe it's the scope though. Still I had a hard time getting 5 shots anywhere on my 3" target let alone an inch or so apart.
I believe we have the same DD (v11 pro). I'm using the 4x12 AO vortex that was around $120 a year or so ago. When I first put it on, it was a disaster. I couldn't hit the anything at even 50 yards (from a bi pod I was getting 1" groups at 100 yards with the nikon p223...). It turned out the scope was very slightly loose and moving between shots. I couldn't see it move as it was very minor so it reminded me to always double check the mount job. I went out sunday and was back to shooting less than 1" groups (harris bi pod) with wolf gold and norma tac
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Calamity Sue Calamity Sue is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Las Vegas / Florida
Posts: 3,892
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh rick View Post
I believe we have the same DD (v11 pro). I'm using the 4x12 AO vortex that was around $120 a year or so ago. When I first put it on, it was a disaster. I couldn't hit the anything at even 50 yards (from a bi pod I was getting 1" groups at 100 yards with the nikon p223...). It turned out the scope was very slightly loose and moving between shots. I couldn't see it move as it was very minor so it reminded me to always double check the mount job. I went out sunday and was back to shooting less than 1" groups (harris bi pod) with wolf gold and norma tac
Interesting. Now I have to go back out ASAP. My Bobro mount is a rock, but the 4 screws on the front clamp, while not loose, they weren't as tight as I would like them either. Tightened everything down again and time will tell. This isn't an expensive scope, as it's an Athlon 8-34. One thing I was gonna do next shoot was to bring along one of my Vipers, a 20x power that's also on a Bobro and switch them. First off is a zeroing at 50 yards though. That will give me an indication of what's what.

Thanks for the suggestion.
__________________
Actually Sue's Husband
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:30 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.