Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 11-22-2017, 10:30 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS94901 View Post
Resolved in post 35. Went with the Bigfoot gun belt 14oz and I'm happy with it. I wouldn't. All it slim or low profile but they do reduce the tivkness of the leather where it folds over the buckle so it's not a massive stack.

The best is definitely an issue with the glock 43. You wouldn't think so just trying it on but wearing it all day, you really need a good gun belt. It's still a decent amount of weight. I carry the gun with 9 rounds in a crossbreed mini tuck and without the Bigfoot, it would not work for me. Even with the belt it really has to be cinched pretty tight.
Beware of cinching tight, there are serious issues that can occur with digestion, as well as injury to the back and knees caused by irritating the nerve stack in the hip area. Some good studies on the subject from UCLA medical center and a couple of others. I published some information with citation a couple of years ago that you could search the forum for.

Well the focus is on Police duty belts, my contacts at various belt manufactures I carry say the same issues plague the CCW.

As long as you have no pain, heartburn or bowel issues you should be OK.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3976020/

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/229710.pdf

http://americancityandcounty.com/law...ing-their-load
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-23-2017, 11:06 AM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 3,190
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Beware of cinching tight, there are serious issues that can occur with digestion, as well as injury to the back and knees caused by irritating the nerve stack in the hip area. Some good studies on the subject from UCLA medical center and a couple of others. I published some information with citation a couple of years ago that you could search the forum for.

Well the focus is on Police duty belts, my contacts at various belt manufactures I carry say the same issues plague the CCW.

As long as you have no pain, heartburn or bowel issues you should be OK.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3976020/

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/229710.pdf

http://americancityandcounty.com/law...ing-their-load
This is quite interesting because I already have back/spine problems and noticed the stomach issues when wearing a belt with a big buckle. This was one of the reasons I went with the Comp-Tac belt with the taper down to 1.25".

Q: It would seem that all other things being equal, IWB would be easier on the back/stomach since the load isn't all being carried outside and dependent on the belt doing all of the work of suspending the holster. With IWB, the body becomes a friction point in keeping the holster in place. Is this a fair conclusion?

At this point, I am only using OWB hard kydex holsters. An IWB may be just the thing to help keeping my back/stomach in better health.

Thank you for all of your input on CG!!!
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & LBC Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory 4.5" XD-m 45 ACP
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-23-2017, 7:08 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
This is quite interesting because I already have back/spine problems and noticed the stomach issues when wearing a belt with a big buckle. This was one of the reasons I went with the Comp-Tac belt with the taper down to 1.25".

Q: It would seem that all other things being equal, IWB would be easier on the back/stomach since the load isn't all being carried outside and dependent on the belt doing all of the work of suspending the holster. With IWB, the body becomes a friction point in keeping the holster in place. Is this a fair conclusion?

At this point, I am only using OWB hard kydex holsters. An IWB may be just the thing to help keeping my back/stomach in better health.

Thank you for all of your input on CG!!!
Not all IWB are the same in this respect, it will depend somewhat on body type and the position you want to carry the weapon. Yes placing the weapon IWB relieves the cantilever stress an OWB can place on the individual, however what happens to many carriers, especially new carriers they feel some types of holsters "move". It's not that it's really moving, as it is more keenly felt being against the skin which of course is a feeling organ. This is a problem some have with sticky holsters. The type of underwear can have an impact on feel as well. This isn't talked about much because most stores aren't fitters, they are specifically selling a product or products. For many gun stores the holster is just an add on sale, so there isn't much though into the kinesiological impacts of carrying.

Hip size, gun location, type of IWB holster, weapon carried, clothing style all have an impact.

Were going to be setting up for the OC gun show Friday and of course were at the show Saturday and Sunday so it would be hard for me to answer a call, but next week if you want to call and discuss I can at least make a recommendation.

You may notice if you look at our banner we discuss concealed carry systems. It's not just about the holster. You have to consider comfort, crisis effectiveness, and quality, of the systems. That will vary for people depending on age, injury history, sensitivities, training level, etc.

Ask a holster question and many people will tell you want works for them, or what they are currently trying to make work. You seldom see the reply carry information on weight, height, fitness, stomach issues, back, leg or knee issues, other physical limitations. Appendix, 1:30, 3:00, etc.

There is really so much that goes into a proper fitting. Ultimately you have to have the mindset, your not going to choose the time or place of a confrontation or you would have avoided, more than likely it will be a surprise, the location, weather, lighting will be sub-optimal for you, you are likely to be injured, physically engaged, and have to have come through denial, and have about 1-2 seconds to make everything work, there are no second chances. Your life depends on always carrying when you can, and making the right choice on the systems. If your choice of holster or belt make you change your clothing style, the choice is generally wrong.

Anyway good luck, if you need us call we are here to help.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-23-2017, 7:13 PM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 3,190
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Not all IWB are the same in this respect, it will depend somewhat on body type and the position you want to carry the weapon. Yes placing the weapon IWB relieves the cantilever stress an OWB can place on the individual, however what happens to many carriers, especially new carriers they feel some types of holsters "move". It's not that it's really moving, as it is more keenly felt being against the skin which of course is a feeling organ. This is a problem some have with sticky holsters. The type of underwear can have an impact on feel as well. This isn't talked about much because most stores aren't fitters, they are specifically selling a product or products. For many gun stores the holster is just an add on sale, so there isn't much though into the kinesiological impacts of carrying.

Hip size, gun location, type of IWB holster, weapon carried, clothing style all have an impact.

Were going to be setting up for the OC gun show Friday and of course were at the show Saturday and Sunday so it would be hard for me to answer a call, but next week if you want to call and discuss I can at least make a recommendation.

You may notice if you look at our banner we discuss concealed carry systems. It's not just about the holster. You have to consider comfort, crisis effectiveness, and quality, of the systems. That will vary for people depending on age, injury history, sensitivities, training level, etc.

Ask a holster question and many people will tell you want works for them, or what they are currently trying to make work. You seldom see the reply carry information on weight, height, fitness, stomach issues, back, leg or knee issues, other physical limitations. Appendix, 1:30, 3:00, etc.

There is really so much that goes into a proper fitting. Ultimately you have to have the mindset, your not going to choose the time or place of a confrontation or you would have avoided, more than likely it will be a surprise, the location, weather, lighting will be sub-optimal for you, you are likely to be injured, physically engaged, and have to have come through denial, and have about 1-2 seconds to make everything work, there are no second chances. Your life depends on always carrying when you can, and making the right choice on the systems. If your choice of holster or belt make you change your clothing style, the choice is generally wrong.

Anyway good luck, if you need us call we are here to help.
I really appreciate all of your input! Not just on this thread, but here on the CG forum in general and serving the shooting and concealing community!
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & LBC Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory 4.5" XD-m 45 ACP
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-23-2017, 7:36 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
I really appreciate all of your input! Not just on this thread, but here on the CG forum in general and serving the shooting and concealing community!
It's my job, it's my passion, stay safe, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-26-2017, 10:43 AM
bubbapug1's Avatar
bubbapug1 bubbapug1 is offline
Dazed & Confused
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South South OC
Posts: 6,953
iTrader: 273 / 100%
Default

Guys if you have never tried a Nextbelt or some other ratcheting belt, you have to do so. The thing is bullet proof, and its so minutely adjustable you will find its very very comfortable. Also, its easy to adjust quickly. I bought one three years ago from Grant. I also bought a few other imitations on amazon just to try to save a few bucks. Not worth it trust me.

This is the one I bought from grant but with a different fancier buckle

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Coyote-...p_89%3ANexbelt

I was worried about fraying as I shoot lots of prone, but nada, not one stich has frayed. The belt is stiff enough to carry a STI 2011 with three mags loaded to 22 rounds each of 9mm and doesn't roll or sag. It holds a sticky nicely if need be. Even if you buy Brand X or Z do yourself a favor and get rid of the belt holes and try the ratchet, you will definitely love it more than the old fashioned belts.

I'd buy from Grant again if I ever need one as he is a great resource locally.
__________________
I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-26-2017, 11:14 AM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 3,190
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbapug1 View Post
Guys if you have never tried a Nextbelt or some other ratcheting belt, you have to do so. The thing is bullet proof, and its so minutely adjustable you will find its very very comfortable. Also, its easy to adjust quickly. I bought one three years ago from Grant. I also bought a few other imitations on amazon just to try to save a few bucks. Not worth it trust me.

This is the one I bought from grant but with a different fancier buckle

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Coyote-...p_89%3ANexbelt

I was worried about fraying as I shoot lots of prone, but nada, not one stich has frayed. The belt is stiff enough to carry a STI 2011 with three mags loaded to 22 rounds each of 9mm and doesn't roll or sag. It holds a sticky nicely if need be. Even if you buy Brand X or Z do yourself a favor and get rid of the belt holes and try the ratchet, you will definitely love it more than the old fashioned belts.

I'd buy from Grant again if I ever need one as he is a great resource locally.


Thanks for the input. I hate to toss my $85 leather Comp Tac belt. I just started having back and hip issues again. Will wait until that goes away and start wearing it again and see what happens. Getting old sucks.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & LBC Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory 4.5" XD-m 45 ACP
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-26-2017, 10:48 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Thanks for the input. I hate to toss my $85 leather Comp Tac belt. I just started having back and hip issues again. Will wait until that goes away and start wearing it again and see what happens. Getting old sucks.
Where are you positioning your holster? (Exact position).
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-27-2017, 2:21 AM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 3,190
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Where are you positioning your holster? (Exact position).
Right hand side at 3:00-3:30.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & LBC Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory 4.5" XD-m 45 ACP
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-27-2017, 2:37 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Right hand side at 3:00-3:30.
Make sure to keep the gun off the hip bone. 3:30 - 4 is going to be your best choice so you stay off the stack of nerves the run up the leg. Can't the grip of the weapon towards 3:00 and do not over tighten. The fact that gun moves with your body is not a bad thing. Pants falling down could be, but you get the point. Unless the gun is really sliding down your body, and your pants are falling off resist the desire to crank the belt down.

Give the a try and see if the pain subsides.

Remind me, what kind of gun are you carrying?
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-27-2017, 3:13 PM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 3,190
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Make sure to keep the gun off the hip bone. 3:30 - 4 is going to be your best choice so you stay off the stack of nerves the run up the leg. Can't the grip of the weapon towards 3:00 and do not over tighten. The fact that gun moves with your body is not a bad thing. Pants falling down could be, but you get the point. Unless the gun is really sliding down your body, and your pants are falling off resist the desire to crank the belt down.

Give the a try and see if the pain subsides.

Remind me, what kind of gun are you carrying?


Thanks! Iíll give it a go!!

Iím carrying an XD-m 4.5Ē in 45 ACP mostly. Itís a bit lighter than my 5Ē 1911. Sometimes Iíll switch it up and carry my Les Baer also in a KT Mech kydex holster.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & LBC Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory 4.5" XD-m 45 ACP
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-27-2017, 6:07 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Thanks! Iíll give it a go!!

Iím carrying an XD-m 4.5Ē in 45 ACP mostly. Itís a bit lighter than my 5Ē 1911. Sometimes Iíll switch it up and carry my Les Baer also in a KT Mech kydex holster.
Let me make sure, are you carrying OWB or IWB. Much of KT's work is OWB?

Try my first suggestion.

I am not sure of your body type, but if the first suggestion doesn't quite work, adjust the holster so the gun rides higher on the hip, so we shift the weight balance. .45's are heavy and we need to apply connection with the body to minimize the impact of that weight.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-27-2017, 6:13 PM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 3,190
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Let me make sure, are you carrying OWB or IWB. Much of KT's work is OWB?



Try my first suggestion.



I am not sure of your body type, but if the first suggestion doesn't quite work, adjust the holster so the gun rides higher on the hip, so we shift the weight balance. .45's are heavy and we need to apply connection with the body to minimize the impact of that weight.


Yes, OWB. Iím 190 lbs and 5í10Ē. Average build with expansion in front.

Iíll put the gun further back and also move the belt loops lower so the gun rides higher.

(Mom is in the hospital right now, so havenít had a chance yet to call you).

Thanks for all of the Ďvirtualí help!!!
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & LBC Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory 4.5" XD-m 45 ACP
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-27-2017, 10:57 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Yes, OWB. Iím 190 lbs and 5í10Ē. Average build with expansion in front.

Iíll put the gun further back and also move the belt loops lower so the gun rides higher.

(Mom is in the hospital right now, so havenít had a chance yet to call you).

Thanks for all of the Ďvirtualí help!!!
Your mom is in my prayers. No problem on the help, I enjoy problem solving.

Are you using clips or wings attached to the holster to run the belt through?
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-28-2017, 4:56 AM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 3,190
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Your mom is in my prayers. No problem on the help, I enjoy problem solving.

Are you using clips or wings attached to the holster to run the belt through?
Thank you sir.

I'm using the regular P shaped belt loop thingies that come standard.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & LBC Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory 4.5" XD-m 45 ACP
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-07-2017, 3:47 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Just a note, we now have the new Gen 6 Nexbelt in stock. We will be premiering the belt at Del Mar. The most significant improvements are the uses of stainless steel screws at each attach point in the buckle. The latch has been upgraded to double locks well maintaining the buckle to belt screws.

The purpose of the upgrade was to assure fighting strength during a hand to hand engagement. Rigidity is improved without harming the dynamic comfort which has been a highlight of the belt making it comfortable to wear all day +

I invite you to stop by and see them. Feel free to ask questions.

I am still wearing my Gen 2 belt and consider it the most comfortable belt I have ever worn, but after more inventory becomes available I will be upgrading to the Gen 6.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-08-2017, 3:15 PM
RazoE's Avatar
RazoE RazoE is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So the old style toothed clasp is gone? The one that chews up the belt end so much it opens on it's own and requires repeated trimming to fix?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-08-2017, 4:45 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazoE View Post
So the old style toothed clasp is gone? The one that chews up the belt end so much it opens on it's own and requires repeated trimming to fix?
No, the tooth clasp is still there but it's now a double tooth clasp that locks in tighter. With the added set screws that go into the belt there should not be any movement of flex at that point to allow a disengagement. More easily shown than explained.

The Gen 1 belt depended on the toothed clasp to attach to the belt.

The Gen 2 belt added reenforcements to the lateral stability of the belt and stronger stitching at the tongue of the belt.

The Gen 3 belt added set screws that more firmly attached the buckle to the belt to better survive a grappling fight

The Gen 4 belt enlarged the screws to prevent cross threading.

The Gen 5 belt added length to the tang of the buckle (great unless you AIWB) and larger screws.

The Gen 6 belt replaces pins with stainless steel screws, upgrades the Clasp to double jawed, adds some stiffness to the belt. (I personally don't think it was needed). Basically if you get into a fight your going to break before the belt.

The team at Nexbelt has been great, and continue to work with me and some others to improve the product and have some new items coming out that I can't wait to talk about, but am currently embargoed on.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo

Last edited by grantar2; 12-08-2017 at 4:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-09-2017, 7:40 AM
RazoE's Avatar
RazoE RazoE is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Thanks for the details. Appears my belt is Gen 1. It's always been my favorite other than it's now becoming too short from repeated trimming. Nice to see they've addressed the issue. Time for a Gen 6.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-10-2017, 10:40 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazoE View Post
Thanks for the details. Appears my belt is Gen 1. It's always been my favorite other than it's now becoming too short from repeated trimming. Nice to see they've addressed the issue. Time for a Gen 6.
It's at least time for a look, I am still wearing a Gen 3 every day, and have no reason to replace it, although the 6 is enough that I probably will.

There is a new design in the leather that is really nice if your wearing a suit.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-11-2017, 9:21 AM
Great Made America's Avatar
Great Made America Great Made America is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 10
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Made right up the hill in Placerville, these are fantastic. Adjustable throughout the day as well.

Precision Holsters Tactical Conceal Nylon Belt
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-11-2017, 9:30 PM
hickmanfab hickmanfab is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 87
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
It's at least time for a look, I am still wearing a Gen 3 every day, and have no reason to replace it, although the 6 is enough that I probably will.

There is a new design in the leather that is really nice if your wearing a suit.
I have the Gen 6, at least sounds like I do. I got it as a BF special. Iíve been running it for about 2 weeks now. I have mixed feelings about it. I love it and hate it at the same time. 1) it is a nice belt and definitely can run it with a suit (I have), 2) itís endlessly adjustable, 3) itís a stiff SOB, like too stiff, 4) wish the had more plain buckles (I donít want to wear the Gadsden flag when at the office), and 5) the bad it kills my back. I havenít figured out it If it needs to be broken in or Iím wearing it too tight or itís flat out hurts. Iíve been playing with the tension but need to balance holding the weight of the gun vs comfort. Bottom line I want to love the belt, but my Hanks is a lot more comfortable. Iím only carrying a G19 or a Shield and never had any issues with the Hanks.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-12-2017, 12:17 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickmanfab View Post
I have the Gen 6, at least sounds like I do. I got it as a BF special. I’ve been running it for about 2 weeks now. I have mixed feelings about it. I love it and hate it at the same time. 1) it is a nice belt and definitely can run it with a suit (I have), 2) it’s endlessly adjustable, 3) it’s a stiff SOB, like too stiff, 4) wish the had more plain buckles (I don’t want to wear the Gadsden flag when at the office), and 5) the bad it kills my back. I haven’t figured out it If it needs to be broken in or I’m wearing it too tight or it’s flat out hurts. I’ve been playing with the tension but need to balance holding the weight of the gun vs comfort. Bottom line I want to love the belt, but my Hanks is a lot more comfortable. I’m only carrying a G19 or a Shield and never had any issues with the Hanks.
Can't love a belt that hurts. Should only be stiff in the horizontal, and not motion. Can you send me a picture of the belt & buckle. The belts themselves don't come with symbolic buckles those are additional cost separate purchases unless you had a club buy or business buy. I don't generally carry the alternate buckles but they are available. What / who is BF? Have you contacted Nexbelt?

Do you have any discomfort when wearing the belt without the gun? Where on the body are you wearing the gun? What model holster are you using with each?
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo

Last edited by grantar2; 12-12-2017 at 12:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-12-2017, 12:27 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Please note well I am calling the new Nexbelt version 6. they are calling it version 3.0 in their marketing. The difference is that they have made changes they count as continuous product improvement not significant changes. I considered them significant changes in that each improved the durability or functionality of the product and were beyond cosmetic.
When I have been out at the office and seen a change I consider significant, I have stopped stocking until the new version is available, as I want to be able to tell my client they have the best available.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-12-2017, 2:07 PM
hickmanfab hickmanfab is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 87
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Can't love a belt that hurts. Should only be stiff in the horizontal, and not motion. Can you send me a picture of the belt & buckle. The belts themselves don't come with symbolic buckles those are additional cost separate purchases unless you had a club buy or business buy. I don't generally carry the alternate buckles but they are available. What / who is BF? Have you contacted Nexbelt?

Do you have any discomfort when wearing the belt without the gun? Where on the body are you wearing the gun? What model holster are you using with each?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Please note well I am calling the new Nexbelt version 6. they are calling it version 3.0 in their marketing. The difference is that they have made changes they count as continuous product improvement not significant changes. I considered them significant changes in that each improved the durability or functionality of the product and were beyond cosmetic.
When I have been out at the office and seen a change I consider significant, I have stopped stocking until the new version is available, as I want to be able to tell my client they have the best available.
This is what I have ó> https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/...-tactical-belt and I bought it on Black Friday (aka BF) direct from Nexbelt.

I carry AWIB, with a t-Rex raptor for the 19 and black arch for the shield. The last two days Iíve gone without a gun to make sure itís not the gun/holster, and havenít noticed it as much but itís still there. At the same time, I never had the problem with my Hanks. I have been running it ďlooserĒ without the gun and it has helped. I think the issue is more the fact that Iím running it too tight? Iím still playing with it. For reference Iím 5í10 165lbs, so Iím a skinny twerp with no gut (or chest or arms or....).
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-12-2017, 5:01 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

hickmanfab,
Since you carrying AIWB I suspect your right about wearing it too tight. Try to get yourself to ease off on the belt, especially when sitting. With AIWB carry there should be no rubbing to cause the kind of low back pain, most associated with 3 O'clock carry. Typically if there is a problem associated with AIWB it's heartburn, indigestion or diarrhea.
Do you wear your gun high or low?
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-12-2017, 7:29 PM
97F1504RAD's Avatar
97F1504RAD 97F1504RAD is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nor Cal-East Bay Area
Posts: 5,650
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
heartburn, indigestion or diarrhea.

Pepto Bismol

Maybe now you will get the joke

Last edited by 97F1504RAD; 12-13-2017 at 8:13 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-12-2017, 7:56 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post
Pepto Bismol
Not helpful.

Actually never ignore discomfort from carrying AWIB. The risk of sever damage to the large intestine shouldn't be downplayed.

A good fitting holster, belt should not cause pain for CCW.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-12-2017, 10:01 PM
97F1504RAD's Avatar
97F1504RAD 97F1504RAD is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nor Cal-East Bay Area
Posts: 5,650
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Not helpful.

Actually never ignore discomfort from carrying AWIB. The risk of sever damage to the large intestine shouldn't be downplayed.

A good fitting holster, belt should not cause pain for CCW.
Lighten up Francis It was a joke, havenít you ever seen the commercials.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-12-2017, 10:18 PM
XDJYo XDJYo is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 3,190
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Not helpful.

Actually never ignore discomfort from carrying AWIB. The risk of sever damage to the large intestine shouldn't be downplayed.

A good fitting holster, belt should not cause pain for CCW.
Appreciate all of your input here Grantar!
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & LBC Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory 4.5" XD-m 45 ACP
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-12-2017, 11:18 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,288
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post
Lighten up Francis It was a joke, havenít you ever seen the commercials.
The name is Art, and I can be light heart-ed but I am pretty serious when it comes to someones health, and the products I represent, or recommend.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-13-2017, 7:42 AM
97F1504RAD's Avatar
97F1504RAD 97F1504RAD is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nor Cal-East Bay Area
Posts: 5,650
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Default

Art it was a joke relax, I edited the above post so maybe that will help u understand the joke I was making.

I get health issues are not a joke and was not making light of what u said other than those three key words.

Last edited by 97F1504RAD; 12-13-2017 at 8:12 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:04 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.