Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2017, 3:55 PM

Default New to Sacramento Area (Roseville)

Hi All,
I'm new to the Roseville area and looking for a couple tips on the area...

- Store recommendations for FTF transfer of off-roster handguns?

- Best place to shoot handguns? I went to the Cordova Shooting Center outdoor range and it was ok...it was raining hard that day so that might have taken away from it...any other suggestions?

Thank you!
Old 03-01-2017, 6:49 PM

The Gun Range in North Highlands.
Old 03-01-2017, 6:58 PM
CGSSA Leader

^^+1 for The Gun Range
Old 03-01-2017, 7:43 PM
Veteran Member

The Gun Range for transfers and indoor range. Dillman in Lincoln and Sac Valley out near Ione for outdoor range shooting. Venture up into the hills and find your own BLM spot. Lots of local shops, just find one you like.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:54 PM

Best indoor range is Sac Gun Club. The Gun Range on Watt Ave is the most dangerous range I've ever been to.
Old 03-02-2017, 1:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMIS300 View Post
Best indoor range is Sac Gun Club. The Gun Range on Watt Ave is the most dangerous range I've ever been to.

So than you've never been to Spenceville than?

I find the Gun Range on Watt Ave to be a perfectly fine range in a really crap neighborhood. It costs the same as Cordova Shooting Center but you don't have constant cease fires.

I really like the range at Sacramento Gun Club as well.

Personally though I like to shoot away from the ranges where I can do my own thing. I only use these ranges if I'm just trying to squeeze in a really quick range trip.
Old 03-02-2017, 1:20 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

The Gun Range is fine for shooting during off hours. Friday nights and weekends are a zoo and other evenings can be sketchy.

They rent guns, you get a lot of young people, inexperienced and even brand new shooters, and wannabe gang bangers taking selfies on the range with the rentals, and there is no range safety officer present in the bays. Lots of people wreeking of weed smoke.

So yeah, The Gun Range can be sketchy. They do allow rapid fire and draw from holster if you have CCW, so I do use it sometimes but I try and do it weekdays, daytime only - preferably mornings while the stoners and tweakers are still recovering.

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness

Last edited by SkyHawk; 03-02-2017 at 1:23 PM..
Old 03-02-2017, 2:12 PM

I go to The Gun Range regularly, at least once a week, and have yet to encounter the gangbangers mentioned above, or anyone reeking of weed.

Weekends are definitely packed, and you do get a lot of inexperienced shooters there though.

I have seen a lot of people shooting there who clearly don't know what they are doing but are just having fun. Like the couple that rented an AR 15 but still had the sights down.

The only time I've personally witnessed someone doing something dangerous was a guy who thought his Glock was empty and was trying to demonstrate something regarding trigger pull to his buddy. At least he had it pointed downrange.
Old 03-02-2017, 5:16 PM

For an indoor range, I second Sac Gun Club. I know a lot of things have changed (just met one of the original owners).

I've heard of, but have never been, a membership based gun club in Roseville. Might be a little pricey. http://www.capitalgunclub.com/
Old 03-02-2017, 5:19 PM

Gun Shop - Calaboose II.

Hands down the most customer service oriented shop in the area. Steve will go out of his way to help you where others fail.
... Wish upon a star all you want, but the only and I mean the only person to blame for trump losing is trump.... Dude you can't pull that **** and have enough votes to be president, that's not how it works.
Old 03-02-2017, 8:06 PM

The Gun Range for both transfers and gun range. The staff are generally younger and very friendly, none of that redneck gun shop bull.

Other good transfers: Ron @ Armory Outpost, [forgotname] @ Golden State Tactical.
Other good ranges: Lincoln Rifle Club (a little bit of a old boys club, but cheap to be a member, and they do have league shoots), Sac Valley in Ione, and BLM land.
-->another note about the lincoln range that kind of stinks is they do have pretty limited hours compared to The Gun Range.

Heard mixed reviews about Sac Gun Club, haven't personally gone there. And dang californiagal first time I think I've seen that CapitalGunClub, looks super sweet but hot damn that's pricey.

Last edited by jmunks; 03-02-2017 at 8:26 PM..
Old 03-03-2017, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post
So than you've never been to Spenceville than?

I find the Gun Range on Watt Ave to be a perfectly fine range in a really crap neighborhood. It costs the same as Cordova Shooting Center but you don't have constant cease fires.

I really like the range at Sacramento Gun Club as well.

Personally though I like to shoot away from the ranges where I can do my own thing. I only use these ranges if I'm just trying to squeeze in a really quick range trip.
Ive been to Spenceville. Gun Range on Watt is more dangerous IMO. If you like having muzzles pointed at your head, go to the Gun Range on Watt.
Old 03-03-2017, 3:24 PM

As far as transfers, Discount Shooters Supply on Melody Lane in Roseville is a pretty good store. They usually have a pretty good amount of bullets in stock if you're into reloading but the powder and primers get snatched up pretty quick.
Old 04-23-2017, 3:07 PM
Veteran Member

Just been to the ROCKLIN ARMARY.
Can't say enough nice things about that shop.