Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-25-2013, 4:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
I need people to think about this statement and not just have a knee jerk reaction.

We need the absolute most new registrations we can possibly get in any way we can get them during a registration window.

Pause and think about why.

-Gene
The only knee jerk reaction here is allowing this bill to pass and then thinking you can squash it in court.

Never NEVER register your personal property with the government. You own it, you bought it legally, its none of their friggin business!

Even in New York the majority of people are NOT registering their firearms.
Old 02-25-2013, 4:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilro View Post
Remember how great it was when we celebrated the OC ban because it was going to open up concealed carry across CA?
Who's we? You're (mistakenly) connecting two very different cohorts - those with a clue, and those without.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamala Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 02-25-2013, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Nope. Plan A. Let the corrupt politicians pass all the unconstitutional laws they want, and hope the courts rule in our favor.

Welcome to California.
The only problem with 'HOPE' is that many Judges and basically ALL DA's are ELECTED or APPOINTED, so there is the ongoing issue that ,being polishiitins, they all want to stay in power, further their own agendas and get pay-o-la one way or another for their actions... many DA's only give a crap about CONVICTIONS, not JUSTICE, if they convict the wrong guy or gal, OH WELL, appeal while getting AR and rotting in prison..... Many Judges are out and out rotten liberals and use the bench to make policy according their ideals...

EVEN IF we get a 'ruled in our favor' the state will appeal and one way or another, unless verified by a group of GUN OWNERS, the records,registrations,etc will NEVER BE ERASED or DESTROYED either in hard copy or in the 'puter......

I really hate every aspect of this state's government at every level......

We are all in S**t Sandwich and morass of assinine people in positions to make policy that have no biz being there... I would not trust these idiots to change the oil in my car or mow my lawn....

'I have so many good karma points I am approaching Saint Hood'

"They tell you of a laundry detergent that takes out bloodstains- I'm thinking that if you have clothes covered in bloodstains-maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem"

[SIGPIC]http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic27069_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 02-25-2013, 4:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
Never NEVER register your personal property with the government. You own it, you bought it legally, its none of their friggin business!
See my initial posts in this thread. There are two kinds of registration

1) the kind that makes gun owners cry
2) the kind that makes gun owners cry, but makes Allison Merrilee cry even harder

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamala Harris

Old 02-25-2013, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Who's we? You're (mistakenly) connecting two very different cohorts - those with a clue, and those without.
I was being sarcastic. The tactics suggested by the majority on this site suck.

The ONLY way to keep our rights is to exercise them like they were never threatened in the first place. Make them deal with it. There's not enough private prisons to hold us all. Eventually the grabbers would give up.

It shocked me when I found out why every one was calling this a briar patch bill. I thought it was too, but for a completely different reason. PM me if you'd like to know why.
Old 02-25-2013, 4:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
See my initial posts in this thread. There are two kinds of registration

1) the kind that makes gun owners cry
2) the kind that makes gun owners cry, but makes Allison Merrilee cry even harder

What does she care? She is no longer working there. I don't give a rats azz about who is crying in government. This crap has to stop being a game, which it is turning into.

I will never register the weapons i currently own and i will encourage every gun owner to do the same.
Old 02-25-2013, 4:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestr View Post
Sounds like the usual long road through the courts with slow responses, what happened to the full frontal stop it before it starts. I'm starting to get some real mixed signals with tactics on how this legislation will be fought NOT GOOD
You act as if we have a choice in whether legislation will pass. We play with the hand that is dealt to us.
Old 02-25-2013, 4:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. The tactics suggested by the majority on this site suck.
The majority? Are those the same two cohorts or not? Make up your mind.

Quote:
The ONLY way to keep our rights is to exercise them like they were never threatened in the first place. Make them deal with it.

Right.

Quote:
There's not enough private prisons to hold us all.
Doesn't have to be prison. It could be a simple as precluding you from getting a job, loan, drivers license, or credit card.

Quote:
Eventually the grabbers would give up.
Wrong. They will never give up.

Old 02-25-2013, 4:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
What does she care? She is no longer working there. I don't give a rats azz about who is crying in government.
She played a role now filled by somebody else. The names are unimportant; they change. The roles do not. Do you really not understand what I am alluding to?

Last edited by curtisfong; 02-25-2013 at 5:37 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
You act as if we have a choice in whether legislation will pass. We play with the hand that is dealt to us.
Legislation is nothing but words on paper. You have a choice in how you will respond to it.
Old 02-25-2013, 4:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
She played a role now filled by somebody else. The names are unimportant; they chage. The roles do not. Do you really not understand what I am alluding to?
Sure i do. AND its flawed. Don't you see how Gene is encouraging registration so he can have a new play ground to play on instead of saying "call your reps, demand and end to this type of law making" or flood them with emails. NO he is licking his chops wanting to play with what they hand him.

Geez louise at least tell me he thinks the governor would veto this thing.

Last edited by taperxz; 02-25-2013 at 5:01 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 4:58 PM

We should do a million person march on Ball-Sacramento and the capital and occupy it, somehow do a blanket of the worst charges against all of them possible for actions against the COTUS, CITIZENS and DISCRIMINATION..... Face it, 'we' as gunowners are being PERSECUTED because we are 'different' and if the craaaappp hits the flapper have a means to 'ultimately' change things.......

Another way to look at it is gun owners are being discriminated just like gays,lesbians,minorities, you name it.... guess we have to also 'play that card'.

I KNOW there is some racketeering, extortion, coercion going on against us, just look at the bills.... you own something prior to the 'ban' and IF you DO NOT WANT to GO TO PRISON AS A FELON, you WILL PAY and ,violating your 4th,5th,and other Ammendments, 'legally ' turn over information that 'they can use against 'you' ....or if you do not and 'they' find your stuff you will not pass 'go' you go straight to prison......no wonder they are clearing the prisons....

"They tell you of a laundry detergent that takes out bloodstains- I'm thinking that if you have clothes covered in bloodstains-maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem"

[SIGPIC]http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic27069_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 02-25-2013, 4:58 PM

Quote:
The majority? Are those the same two cohorts or not? Make up your mind.

Right.

Doesn't have to be prison. It could be a simple as precluding you from getting a job, loan, drivers license, or credit card.

Thank you for proving my point. When the Mulford Act was signed, how did people respond? They let their rights be infringed. What the Black Panthers did was a legal act. Once the CA govt made it illegal, they should've kept doing it anyway. And so should every other gun owner in CA.

And I fail to see how an employer, bank, DMV, or AmEx employee will know if I'm concealed carrying, unless they threaten my life. And with the way things are going, even those that comply will have those same restrictions to worry about. There are grabbers out there that want us registered like friggin' sex offenders.
Old 02-25-2013, 4:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Legislation is nothing but words on paper. You have a choice in how you will respond to it.
Next time you get a traffic ticket, feel free to ignore those words on the paper. Same with your credit card bill. Or that notice that your DL expired. Or the words printed on your rental agreement. Or the ones on your mortgage.

You talk tough for an anarchist. Let's see you do something about it, tough guy.

Old 02-25-2013, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Next time you get a traffic ticket, feel free to ignore those words on the paper. Same with your credit card bill. Or that notice that your DL expired. Or the words printed on your rental agreement. Or the ones on your mortgage.

You talk tough for an anarchist. Let's see you do something about it, tough guy.
A traffic ticket must be paid. I signed a contract to comply with that. Never did I sign a contract to give up my 2nd Amendment rights. Same with a credit card bill, an expired license, and rental agreement. Those all have contracts, signed by me.

Also, I am not an anarchist. Didn't know believing in the Constitution (rule of law) made me an anarchist. And I do something about it every single day. My rights will not be infringed unless I allow them to be. Save the tough guy talk for someone else.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:02 PM

The BIGGEST problem is that there was NEVER a 2A IN THE CALIFORNIA STATE Constitution........ THAT is where they are ultimately getting their Balls from.... 'dont like it, move out, we did not incorporate it here so it does not apply to you worthless peasants who inhabit this state and are forced to comply with us, what do you think this is, the USA?'

Old 02-25-2013, 5:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thank you for proving my point. When the Mulford Act was signed, how did people respond? They let their rights be infringed.
As opposed to doing what, tough guy?

Quote:
they should've kept doing it anyway. And so should every other gun owner in CA.
You first. Go ahead.

Quote:
And I fail to see how an employer, bank, DMV, or AmEx employee will know if I'm concealed carrying, unless they threaten my life.
Once you are prosecuted as a felon, they'll know. And once you "fight back" and defy the warrant out for your arrest (or violate your terms of parole), they won't have to do a damn thing to ruin your life except sit back and watch you live a life on the run.

In any case, you are missing the point. Why did the DOJ refuse the legal authority to widen the AW ban list?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't bother answering until you do.

Old 02-25-2013, 5:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
signed by me
Does that include EULAs?

Quote:
Didn't know believing in the Constitution (rule of law)
If you believe in the rule of law, you'll believe that the 2A wasn't incorporated against the states until recently.

You do know what incorporation is, right?

Old 02-25-2013, 5:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

You first. Go ahead.

Once you are prosecuted as a felon, they'll know. And once you "fight back" and defy the warrant out for your arrest (or violate your terms of parole), they won't have to do a damn thing to ruin your life except sit back and watch you live a life on the run.

In any case, you are missing the point. Why did the DOJ refuse the legal authority to widen the AW ban list?

WOW just WOW! How about not being so ignorant to think the government was going to stop there. The ONLY reason this was not fought is that the media portrayed this as taking guns from the black criminals. No one back then thought gun laws would go as far as they have come.

You fight, let your voice be heard, and you challenge your local politicians.

ARE you suggesting we should just take it in the keester and comply?
Old 02-25-2013, 5:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Correct. They will not give up. Rather, we will end them.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:09 PM

Quote:

You first. Go ahead.

The life of a scared subject must be pretty disheartening.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
ARE you suggesting we should just take it in the keester and comply?
I'm suggesting we threaten to comply when asked to register thousands (millions?) of firearms as newly minted RAWs.

I can't believe somebody who has been around as long as you is demanding I be explicit about this. Should we really be helping Steinberg fix this legislation before putting it up for a vote?

Last edited by curtisfong; 02-25-2013 at 5:14 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 5:12 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Remember how great it was when we celebrated the OC ban because it was going to open up concealed carry across CA?
I don't remember anyone celebrating, but our argument that we no longer have OC to the courts hasn't even had time for a judgement yet (currently awaiting judgement in the 9th circuit).
Old 02-25-2013, 5:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The life of a scared subject must be pretty disheartening.
I'm not scared in the least. I understand the rules of engagement and what it takes to win where you do not.

Old 02-25-2013, 5:14 PM

Quote:
I'm not scared in the least. I understand the rules of engagement and what it takes to win where you do not.
You mean like depending on corrupt courts to decide what rights we have? Took them over 200 years to incorporate the 2nd Amendment, right? How long do you think you will live? Once they have full registration, how long will it take before confiscation happens? Once the names are written down, you're SOL. The violations of FOPA prove that.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:15 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Quote:
A traffic ticket must be paid. I signed a contract to comply with that. Never did I sign a contract to give up my 2nd Amendment rights. Same with a credit card bill, an expired license, and rental agreement. Those all have contracts, signed by me.

Also, I am not an anarchist. Didn't know believing in the Constitution (rule of law) made me an anarchist. And I do something about it every single day. My rights will not be infringed unless I allow them to be. Save the tough guy talk for someone else.
But contracts are "nothing but words on paper."
Old 02-25-2013, 5:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I'm suggesting we threaten to comply when asked to register thousands (millions?) of firearms as newly minted RAWs.

I can't believe somebody who has been around as long as you is demanding I be explicit about this. Should we really be helping Steinberg fix this legislation before putting up for a vote?
You do understand that if the registration is constitutional that your newly RAW will not be able to be sold, transferred, or simply passed on to your children right? You do understand that if GENE can't get around this, that younger generations will have no access to these firearms, RIGHT?

You want to put all your eggs in one big CGF easter basket, go for it.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stix213 View Post
But contracts are "nothing but words on paper."
You have a choice in how you will respond to it.

By signing your name, or clicking 'I agree.', you have issued your response. If you choose to lie, and not stick to your own compliance, you are a cowardly man.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Are you suggesting the DOJ won't blink this time? How have things changed since then? Are they willing to create millions of new AWs in CA where there weren't willing to create a few thousand before?

And how else do you suggest we "fight" this legislation before it passes? Remember: your opinion means nothing to congress, and never has. Surely you aren't suggesting we open carry on the steps of capitol hill, like the other geniuses in this thread?

Old 02-25-2013, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
You have missed the greater sub text to the on going debates over the years as to how we approach these bills and what we do to try and kill them early through committee and lobbying efforts, and personal meetings with legislators and key figures in the know. Now the only talk seems to be post defeat and what will happen in court.
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You mean like depending on corrupt courts to decide what rights we have? Took them over 200 years to incorporate the 2nd Amendment, right? How long do you think you will live? Once they have full registration, how long will it take before confiscation happens? Once the names are written down, you're SOL. The violations of FOPA prove that.
There are three branches of government. If you are suggesting the courts will not grant us succor, there is nothing left, and the only solution is anarchy.

Are you an anarchist or not?

Fong, with your logic the US should have a history as nothing other than a territory and we should all be speaking German. Sometimes asking doesn't work.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting the DOJ won't blink this time? How have things changed since then? Are they willing to create millions of new AWs in CA where there weren't willing to create a few thousand before?

And how else do you suggest we "fight" this legislation before it passes? Remember: your opinion means nothing to congress, and never has. Surely you aren't suggesting we open carry on the steps of capitol hill, like the other geniuses in this thread?
Funny that that's what you think I suggested. Do you march on capitol hill in your normal daily life? I'm saying IGNORE unconstitutional laws. Not start a riot.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:29 PM
Banned

Curtis,
You are playing chicken with our constitutional rights. Do you actually believe that confiscation will NOT follow registration? You act like you are so tricky about the RAW registration. Haven't you ever considered that they wrote the "flaw" on purpose?

You are a mouse smelling cheese...

Geez, if a mouse can figure out that a piece of cheese is sitting on a trap, we should be able see the trap they are trying to set for us.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:30 PM

Quote:
You have missed the greater sub text to the on going debates over the years as to how we approach these bills and what we do to try and kill them early through committee and lobbying efforts, and personal meetings with legislators and key figures in the know. Now the only talk seems to be post defeat and what will happen in court.
Exactly and a select few will make an incredible amount of money fighting beyond that point.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
we do to try and kill them early through committee and lobbying efforts, and personal meetings with legislators a key figures in the know.
At the legislative level, that is all we can do. Everything else is clueless bluster.

Old 02-25-2013, 5:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
At the legislative level, that is all we can do. Everything else is clueless bluster.
Why don't you tell Wildhawker that? He and others squashed SB249.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I'm saying IGNORE unconstitutional laws.
Which will do absolutely nothing except eventually get you arrested.

Unless you are suggesting everybody should do this out of civil disobedience, with the goal of overwhelming the police and the court system.

I suppose you'll tell me that isn't actually a riot.

Old 02-25-2013, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Funny that that's what you think I suggested. Do you march on capitol hill in your normal daily life? I'm saying IGNORE unconstitutional laws. Not start a riot.
Plus 1, ignore. If someone wants to get personal just remember that it was their decision, not yours. Then defend yourself by any and all means necessary.
Old 02-25-2013, 5:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Why don't you tell Wildhawker that? He and others squashed SB249.
I won't say more regarding the AW registration threat. It annoys me that you (of all people) aren't understanding what I'm implying. I know the rest of the posters are noobs, but you should know better.