Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 01-28-2018, 6:20 PM

Default Anyone with the new krg bravo chassis?

Just curious if anyone has one and what you think of it.

Thinking of getting one. Can I single load with it out of the box or so I have to get a magazine?
Old 01-28-2018, 7:18 PM

I have one. You will need at least one magazine if you plan on using it like a sled, I bought one Magpul (AC) 5 round magazine and two KRG 5 round magazines. You will receive a $10 dollar discount from KRG for each magazine you buy up to 5 magazines when you buy the stock from them. I would recommend you also buy the extended magazine release and the stock hook plate if you do buy it. I drank the KRG Kool Aid hard and also bought the small KRG bolt lift too!

How do I like it? I think it's great. I bought the KRG Bravo for my Remington 700 AAC-sd in 6.5 Creedmoor. I took it out yesterday for the first time and was able to ring steel out to 1000 then out to 1250 yards. The Bravo grip is very comfortable and there is a nice shelf for the thumb. Its an affordable chassis that works! Here are some pictures. If you have any specific questions let me know and I will answer them the best I can.

Here a picture of the target that was at the 1250 yard marker.

Old 01-28-2018, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56Geo View Post
I have one. You will need at least one magazine if you plan on using it like a sled, I bought one Magpul (AC) 5 round magazine and two KRG 5 round magazines. You will receive a $10 dollar discount from KRG for each magazine you buy up to 5 magazines when you buy the stock from them. I would recommend you also buy the extended magazine release and the stock hook plate if you do buy it. I drank the KRG Kool Aid hard and also bought the small KRG bolt lift too!

How do I like it? I think it's great. I bought the KRG Bravo for my Remington 700 AAC-sd in 6.5 Creedmoor. I took it out yesterday for the first time and was able to ring steel out to 1000 then out to 1250 yards. The Bravo grip is very comfortable and there is a nice shelf for the thumb. Its an affordable chassis that works! Here are some pictures. If you have any specific questions let me know and I will answer them the best I can.

The mismatch on the chassis doesn’t look that bad I guess
What is the bolt lift?

Does it come with the filler plate if I don’t want the hook? I only shoot from a bench or prone right now. Also does it come with the sling attachment and lower picatinny Attachement? Can they be used st the same time?

I was thinking of ordering from brownells and using a coupon. So I’m not sure if I can get the accessories

Last edited by boyguan; 01-28-2018 at 7:54 PM..
Old 01-28-2018, 8:15 PM

It comes with the filler plate if you don't need the hook. The bolt lift is installed at the end of the bolt so you can work it a little easier. I does come with the 2" pictinney rail at the bottom of the stock and a QD cup for a sling on the stock but nothing for thr front. You would need an " M Loc" sling adapter for the front. It also comes with a bipod adaptor installed.

Hope that helps...
Old 01-28-2018, 9:11 PM

Quote:
It comes with the filler plate if you don't need the hook. The bolt lift is installed at the end of the bolt so you can work it a little easier. I does come with the 2" pictinney rail at the bottom of the stock and a QD cup for a sling on the stock but nothing for thr front. You would need an " M Loc" sling adapter for the front. It also comes with a bipod adaptor installed.

Hope that helps...
I swore i thought it came with something for the front. I have a atlas and a Harris. I guess I need to figure out what to use

What do you think of the bolt lift?
Old 01-29-2018, 6:14 AM

KRG offers plenty of Bravo accessories. You may have seen a Bravo stock upgraded with accessories they offer. They even offer a front hand guard that fully covers the barrel with a rail on the top.

I would recommend you go to KRG website and see what accessories they offer. You will find that most are reasonably priced. I paid $9 for the polymer mag release button and $9 for the hook cover.

As far as the bolt lift ($28.50), I like it. It allows you to work the action a little faster. They do offer a larger one. I have used both and prefer the smaller.
Old 01-29-2018, 6:39 AM

Quote:
KRG offers plenty of Bravo accessories. You may have seen a Bravo stock upgraded with accessories they offer. They even offer a front hand guard that fully covers the barrel with a rail on the top.

I would recommend you go to KRG website and see what accessories they offer. You will find that most are reasonably priced. I paid $9 for the polymer mag release button and $9 for the hook cover.

As far as the bolt lift ($28.50), I like it. It allows you to work the action a little faster. They do offer a larger one. I have used both and prefer the smaller.
I saw what the bolt lift is. I already have a new knob on my bolt. Thanks for the info.

Just have to decide on the color now
Old 02-07-2018, 7:56 AM
Vendor/Retailer

whats on the bottom of the buttstock
Old 02-07-2018, 2:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Is yours a standard backbone or W3 backbone?

Quote:

"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez
Old 02-07-2018, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Is yours a standard backbone or W3 backbone?
I'm not sure I understand your question, but let me try...

It's my understanding that KRG uses the same chassis on all its Remington short action stocks/chassis. What changes is the forearm and stock portion of the chassis. In other words you can buy the Bravo chassis and replace the stock with a Wiskey3 stock and the would look the same.

...not sure if that answers your question.
Old 02-08-2018, 8:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

KRG shows the Bravo with a standard Rem SA inlet and a Rem SA with W3-backbone inlet (large recoil lug slot).

I wondered which one you got for the Rem AAC-sd.

With the large recoil slot I could fit a Bighorn TL3 at a later date.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez
Old 02-13-2018, 6:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
KRG shows the Bravo with a standard Rem SA inlet and a Rem SA with W3-backbone inlet (large recoil lug slot).

I wondered which one you got for the Rem AAC-sd.

With the large recoil slot I could fit a Bighorn TL3 at a later date.
I bought the standard recoil inlet.