Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:00 PM

Smile What's your opinion on JCOMP VS BATTLECOMP 2.1

I would like to know your opinion on this comps besides price.

Here are their links and 2 pictures of the comps.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/sho...-jcomp-v2.html

https://www.skdtac.com/BattleComp-2-...-p/bac.050.htm

Looking to buy one for my Smith&Wesson M&P15 Sport ll

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StrikeIndustries.jpg (16.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg battlecomp.jpg (15.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-20-2018, 10:22 PM

Default BattleComp

I have not shot the StrikeIndustries JCOMP. I have shot and own the BC 1.0 , 1.5 and 2.1 and they work great at keeping your barrel level and on target? Will you be running a suppressor?
Old 09-21-2018, 7:16 PM

No experience with the JCOMP but I love my Battlecomp 2.1. For purely keeping the muzzle flat however I like my VG6 Epsilon and Core15 muzzlebrakes a little better. They are LOUD though!
Old 09-22-2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyt16 View Post
No experience with the JCOMP but I love my Battlecomp 2.1. For purely keeping the muzzle flat however I like my VG6 Epsilon and Core15 muzzlebrakes a little better. They are LOUD though!
I thought the VG6 is considered "Illegal" because of the flash suppressor? That is if you go featureless correct?
Old 09-22-2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze View Post
I have not shot the StrikeIndustries JCOMP. I have shot and own the BC 1.0 , 1.5 and 2.1 and they work great at keeping your barrel level and on target? Will you be running a suppressor?
I forgot to mention, I am going featureless for my AR15. I figured BC or JCOMP would be on the clear. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2018, 7:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothshooter View Post
I thought the VG6 is considered "Illegal" because of the flash suppressor? That is if you go featureless correct?
Not sure. To be honest I stopped caring and complying with Cali's gun laws long before I even moved out of there. But VG6 also makes the Gamma which is basically the Epsilon without the flash suppressing prongs.
Old 09-22-2018, 7:25 AM

I found the BattleComp to be highly overrated both in terms of recoil reduction and price/performance ratio.
Old 09-22-2018, 6:30 PM

I got a couple of brand new BCM comps if you need one. Shoot a PM over to me and I'll get you squared away.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Not sure. To be honest I stopped caring and complying with Cali's gun laws long before I even moved out of there. But VG6 also makes the Gamma which is basically the Epsilon without the flash suppressing prongs.
Yeah, Cali gets worse by the year for gun owners. I will look into it, thanks for your input!
Old 09-24-2018, 11:17 PM

Shoulder it properly—

"Downward Forces

If we think of limiting rearward forces as recoil reduction, then limiting upward forces must be called “combating muzzle rise,” right? Wrong.

Consider yourself shooting a rifle with a bare muzzle from the standing position. In scientific terms, the rifle is an arm with forces being placed upon it at the very end – the muzzle. The gases exiting the muzzle do so in a very uniform manner, with essentially no variation from side to side and top to bottom. They do not inherently cause the muzzle to move up – if the rifle were to be suspended in the air, it would move straight back.

But it’s not suspended in the air, it’s connected to your body. It has to move in some direction, because an external force has acted upon it and it is no longer “at rest.” Because your body is connected to this arm, and the rifle is long and essentially pointed at (in physics terms, not weapon terms) your body, the arm will move mostly to the rear. However, because there is much more of your body below the point where the stock meets your shoulder, and because that part of your body is eventually connected to the ground, there will be a natural tendency for the muzzle to move upwards. Unless, that is, you adjust your stance and hold to limit this effect.

In other words, the only reason “muzzle rise” exists is due to the way we position ourselves as we shoot, and we can position ourselves to minimize that, especially with a 5.56 AR-15. There is no inherent tendency for the muzzle to rise on its own. Therefore we should use devices that push the muzzle down, right?

Of course not. The ideal device in terms of muzzle control would keep the muzzle exactly where it was before the shot was fired. We don’t always fire from the standing position, and if you’re trying to shoot side prone or underneath the bumper of a car, a device which “combats muzzle rise” will be constantly forcing the muzzle left or right with every shot.

With that in mind, here’s a chart showing the downward forces caused by each device."
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUNS.NET
You have been banned for the following reason: posting other member's personal info without permission. I don't care what your reasoning is that is not allowed.
Old 09-25-2018, 7:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD338 View Post
I found the BattleComp to be highly overrated both in terms of recoil reduction and price/performance ratio.
There are an awful lot of muzzle devices that cost as much as a barrel. I have none of them.

Excepting the big bores, I see no need for a MB on an AR15 except for competition, or looks. I don't compete and I am not going to waste $75 on cool factor.

OP, just get a linear brake. It will save money and annoyance.
Old 09-28-2018, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Yeah I bought the VG6 Gamma instead of the Epsilon to make my 2 ARs CA compliant-- my understanding was Gamma states no flash suppressing capabilities so gtg but the Epsilon has flash suppressor capabilities w the prongs so not gtg for featureless.

Love my Gamma Vg6's-- nice and small- that's all I really cared about- I didn't want some huge muzzle device on my ARs. So stupid to have to put a brake on in the first place on a .223/5.56!!!