Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 09-21-2018, 1:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Leupold scopes

Not selling them here. I have 3-4 VarriX-II 3X9X40 duplex reticles, gloss blue scopes that I took off rifles to replace with VX3i 3.5X10X40 scopes.

I also have a VarriX-II 2X7X32 gloss blue Duplex reticle scope I took off a safe queen to put a VX2 3X9X40 on.

I have listed these on my local Craigs List and sold one for $180. I got the normal number of Craig list crazies responding with trades and $100 offers. All are priced at $180

I am in no hurry to sell but what I want to know is $180 overpriced or do I just need a better market place? Maybe some help and advise that is useful???
Old 09-21-2018, 2:42 PM
Veteran Member

Better marketplace.

I would not give $180 for another Vari-X II, especially when the optically superior Vortex D'back and Burris FFII scopes can be had at the same price.

Unless I was putting one on an older gun. To find that right buyer, you need a bigger marketplace. To get that sale, rell the right story. Go after the guys with older guns. Marlinowners would be such a forum.

Ebay is is hit-and-miss, maybe gunbroker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180921-154650_Chrome.jpg (90.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180921-154624_Chrome.jpg (87.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by God Bless America; 09-21-2018 at 2:48 PM..
Old 09-21-2018, 2:50 PM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

Doug - list them on 24hourcampfire forums. Guys there really like those older leupolds and by searching you should be able to find comparable models and see what they sold for.

I think more in the area of $160 would be the market but I'm not that in tune with the current value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
Disagree. Been trying to teach lewdogg21 how to hunt. It's like trying to teach Steve Wonder how to see. Not sure we're ever going to get there.
Old 09-21-2018, 5:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Thank you guys for the help