Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for or Leaning towards for Gov.
Yvonne Girard 1 0.25%
Travis Allen 320 79.21%
Nickolas Wildstar 0 0%
Zoltan Istvan 0 0%
John Cox 64 15.84%
Robert Newman 0 0%
Peter Y Liu 1 0.25%
Other: Democrat 6 1.49%
Other: write in, Alternative party - No pary candidate 4 0.99%
I don't / Can't Vote 11 2.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2018, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcision View Post
Am I really? Even though I voted for everyone in the CRPA with an A / A+?

You appear to be a union Democrat who happens to own guns, but gun rights aren't your priority. The leftist policies of your union are your priority. That's fine, it's your vote, your choice. Most of the rest of this state is just like you, which is why we have no gun rights.

You can kid yourself if you want to by saying you're doing your part by voting for a few low level pro gun people, but please don't try to insult our intelligence. Those people are mostly irrelevant, hopelessly diluted by a tidalwaves of liberal gun grabbers in the Democrat supermajority. The one vote that could really help us, that could really protect us, would be for a governor who isn't virulently anti gun.

But your politics, your priorities are elsewhere. And that's your right. Just don't be surprised or offended when those of us who have made gun rights our priority refuse to take your bonafides seriously.

Quote:
I think next year I might just vote full democrat and keep it to myself.
I think a lot of us are figuring you would anyway.

Last edited by JeffSD; 05-12-2018 at 7:28 PM..
Old 05-12-2018, 10:33 PM

Thumbs down

I think next year I might just vote full democrat and keep it to myself.

Gee, what a surprise. And you voted for Brown? That simply means you wasted your vote on any A+ CRPA rated candidates. Did he or did he not sign all those anti 2nd Amendment Bills? Uh, yup he did. That makes you just as stupid as all the rest of the liberal gun owners who continue to vote so called "progressive" in this State. You are pariahs to any legitimate gun owner in CA and not fit to call yourselves supporters of the 2nd Amendment. Next, because he supports your Union, you'll vote for Gavin Newsome? That will promote you to POS status. Wait you already are a liberal POS. So make that POHS.
Old 05-13-2018, 8:53 AM

Quote:
I'm voting for Villaraigosa.. I don't know his stance on guns, But I know his stance on union work and that is my priority right now.
with modern labor and osha laws, present day unions have become nothing more that a labor tax collecting propaganda entity that pretends to represent and support their members. They really are no more than money and vote collecting machines for the democrat party.

excision, vote for and support who you want to, but you are voting for politicians who are firmly anti 2a and anti freedom, and your union has convinced you it's ok. You say you have a growing gun collection, and you will keep it no matter what the gov says. Sounds noble, but YOU with your union-line vote are helping to put that strongly repressive and anti 2a government in place; a government that you say you'll ignore, and the one that will oppress you and would like to throw you in prison for having that collection.

For information on the State of Jefferson movement go to http://www.soj51.net/

Last edited by kenl; 05-13-2018 at 9:27 AM..
Old 05-13-2018, 9:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

It won't matter so I might as well vote for Travis. This IS the election folks, the November election is a democrat party run-off.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:56 PM

Well I watched the debate, I've been in CA since 2010 and haven't paid too much attention to the politics cause I know it's a mess.

But my god, Delaine Eastin what a total beast of a woman, her eyes and tone, she's like the teacher or principal of a nightmare with an emotional axe to grind based on her perception of how woman are treated and how the state should be involved with education, she's with the Clintons. How cute Newsom and Antonio both are proud of admitting and learning from their mistakes of porking their best friend's wife, Antonio's affair and ethics violations. At least Mr. Chiang is level headed and seems fairly grounded.

I just don't understand why it's supposed to be shameful that you want immigration laws enforced and a nation's borders secured. The Dems bragged that 40% of the undocumented immigrants are from visa overstays, how does that render the border wall useless when the remaining 60% must come from that border?

Then they keep going back to saying "Oh all Americans are immigrants, immigrants contribute to the economy, we need bridges not walls!" The federal immigration laws are already not being enforced coupled with all the red tape and lack of efficient administration and processing, so yes people are going to try to cut the lines because they are human they want to survive and thrive like anyone else. Yes there are plenty of good hardworking people who aren't necessarily a problem, but that has nothing to do with all the violent, drug/weapon smuggling criminal elements taking advantage of our system, you know the many that are deported many times, still come back and still commit violent crimes. I don't get how they can gloss over this and just say you're racist. The only things I've heard proposed are ENFORCING laws already on the books, with priority towards violent repeat offenders of which there are many. It's not even possible to remove every undocumented immigrant there is no money no manpower to do so and honestly it's probably not necessary and would cause more problems than there are.

Homelessness and education. So from what I understand CA shut down all the state mental hospitals and such yeah? Cities would bus their homeless off for another city to deal with? A lot of people want to live that Hollywood California life, the illusion. With all the taxes and regulation it's more than a challenge to start your own business, where does all the money go that you pay to live and work here? They want to use tax money to build how many million homes for the homeless by 2025? They want more money for education, more money for the high speed train? All the democrats want is more money to invest, isn't that what they've been doing all along, and the results are the current challenges we face and they want to continue the same thing expecting different results?? That's insanity. Then they want to capture the minds of infants aged 0-3.

Edit: Well I found the report that says in 2014, 42 percent of all undocumented persons in the U.S. were “overstays.” Of those who arrived or joined the undocumented population in 2014, 66 percent were overstays. Still, whether it's 60 or 40% of the undocumented immigrants coming via open border, it's still significant especially considering those coming over that border probably have the more significant criminal element to them.

Last edited by Lightstrider; 05-13-2018 at 1:06 PM..
Old 05-13-2018, 8:45 PM

Honestly, there will be at least one Democrat on the ballot so I will vote for whichever republican is ahead in the polls by Election Day.

The crooked top two primary has made just getting onto the ballot the most important thing at this point.
Old 05-15-2018, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryRevn View Post
Allen all the way. Cox is there as a spoiler. Cox didn't even vote for Trump during the last presidential election. He was a never trumper. He voted for Gary Johnson. Cox was against the border wall before he was for it.

Basically everything President Trump stands for.... and Travis Allen stands for.... Cox was against... until he realized he didn't stand a chance getting the conservative votes. The guy is a total fake and here to keep Allen from making the primaries.

Don't be fooled, Travis Allen is the only one to vote for and the only way to beat Newsom.
What, precisely, does any of this have to do with guns? You raised a bunch of right wing talking points that have nothing to do with guns whatsoever. I can't stand Trump. I voted for Gary Johnson and will probably do so again. I think the wall is a stupid waste of resources. And I'm pro-2A.

Sounds like Cox matches my views a lot better than Allen.

Not everyone who is pro-gun is a right winger. And not everyone who is pro gun is a single issue voter either.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmordean View Post
And not everyone who is pro gun is a single issue voter either.
They should be. The single issue isn't the second amendment. It's adherence to the constitution when in service of the people.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What, precisely, does any of this have to do with guns? You raised a bunch of right wing talking points that have nothing to do with guns whatsoever. I can't stand Trump. I voted for Gary Johnson and will probably do so again. I think the wall is a stupid waste of resources. And I'm pro-2A.

Sounds like Cox matches my views a lot better than Allen.

Not everyone who is pro-gun is a right winger. And not everyone who is pro gun is a single issue voter either.
That may be so, but if you vote for Leftists you are in no position to complain about the consequences with respect to your RKBA. It's that simple. Leftists running for office who are pro-gun are rare. Those in or near the middle are not a whole lot better. Most of those actually willing to advance this cause are on the Right, especially the far Right.

For the record, I do not consider Trump to be even close to the far Right. He's Centre-Right at best, he just says a lot of outrageous things that get those on the Left rather riled up. On way too many issues he is to the Left of conservatives such as myself. Even on gun rights he hasn't been great. I chose not to vote for him for that reason in both the primaries and the general, not that my vote as a conservative counts for anything in the latter case. I could have voted a million times and not changed the outcome.

Cox is also Centre-Right at best. He may be trying to talk the talk, but it's obvious he is something else, and his background betrays him. I don't think that he can be trusted on guns beyond probably not being as bad as Newsom, and certainly not actively anti-gun. Allen is the only candidate regardless of affiliation with any chance of getting on the ballot that I feel I can trust on RKBA issues broadly speaking. That he is fairly conservative and has deeds to back that up for me is a bonus. To the pro-gun Leftist, if he truly values his RKBA, Allen is who he should want, despite the positions on other issues. The Democrats will still have majorities in both legislative chambers. Allen really couldn't do much to harm the agendas of Leftists outside of some obstruction. He can't rule by decree, so there is no major harm, while if Newsom or Villaraigosa, or even Chiang wins, our RKBA will be in even more trouble than it is now. That's what it comes down to, ultimately.
Old 05-16-2018, 9:03 AM

Thanks to everyone who commented.

With something like 27 candidates on the ballot, and the majority of them being Democrats, I think there is a real chance to elect a pro 2A candidate, IF we all put our support behind the same candidate. With hope, the Democrats and other parties will split their votes.

Travis Allen seems to be the stand out on this site anyway. So those of you that plan on voting for Allen, please tell your friends, family, shooting buddies, folks you run into at that shooting range or at the gun shops.
Old 05-16-2018, 9:15 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraitheon View Post
Thanks to everyone who commented.

With something like 27 candidates on the ballot, and the majority of them being Democrats, I think there is a real chance to elect a pro 2A candidate, IF we all put our support behind the same candidate. With hope, the Democrats and other parties will split their votes.

Travis Allen seems to be the stand out on this site anyway. So those of you that plan on voting for Allen, please tell your friends, family, shooting buddies, folks you run into at that shooting range or at the gun shops.
I've been telling everyone that I can, and I just mailed off my own ballot with my vote for Allen.

Old 05-16-2018, 9:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The best hope is the low turnout. The media is saying it may be a record low turnout. That is in our favor. That way only the concerned and professional voters will turn out.

There is also a petition that would eliminate the June elections and put them all in November in order to "increase turnout".

DO NOT sign that petition. It will dilute your vote. June is our only chance here in one-party California.
Old 05-16-2018, 9:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I think the wall is a stupid waste of resources.
Indeed, the proper border and law enforcement is the right answer. Alas, CA declared the sanctuary state, so the only way to stop the illegal flood from south is to physically stop it at the border. Once they sneak in, they are well protected from ICE
Old 05-16-2018, 9:28 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
The best hope is the low turnout. The media is saying it may be a record low turnout. That is in our favor. That way only the concerned and professional voters will turn out.

There is also a petition that would eliminate the June elections and put them all in November in order to "increase turnout".

DO NOT sign that petition. It will dilute your vote. June is our only chance here in one-party California.
Almost nobody I know can even name any of the gubernatorial candidates in the race this year.

Gavin is popular amongst the frothy-mouthed progressives who follow politics closely, but most people generally don't know anything about him. Above all, he's NOT the first D listed on the primary ballot.

IIRC, he was somewhere like halfway down in the list. That means he's going to lose all the votes from people who just circle the first candidate in the list who shares their party preference.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:01 AM

Gavin Newsom!!!

Hahahahahah jk, Travis Allen all the way!
Old 05-16-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick61 View Post
Leftists running for office who are pro-gun are rare. Those in or near the middle are not a whole lot better.
You would be surprised at the number of Dems in our state legislature who are "pro-gun" privately. I would guess a majority. I would also guess 2/3rds of them have their CCW. However, party politics are what they are, and, if you want that campaign cash and the necessary endorsements to run as a Dem, you have to toe the line.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns259 View Post
You would be surprised at the number of Dems in our state legislature who are "pro-gun" privately. I would guess a majority. I would also guess 2/3rds of them have their CCW. However, party politics are what they are, and, if you want that campaign cash and the necessary endorsements to run as a Dem, you have to toe the line.
???????!? What are you talking about?? Have you seen the junk that those "pro-gun Dems" have passed in recent years. Yes, I do think a lot of Dems own guns, but imho they believe only the "right" people should have them (had a very liberal gun owning boss tell me that years ago).

Btw, the dems see most of kalifornia's gun owners as not part of the "right people" group. The 2nd amendment is exclusively for them, not for the state's unwashed subjects.

For information on the State of Jefferson movement go to http://www.soj51.net/

Last edited by kenl; 05-16-2018 at 12:23 PM..
Old 05-16-2018, 1:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
First off, I'm highly skeptical of your claims. But even if true, it is irrelevant, since they still act in an anti-gun matter. What they think privately is outweighed by what they do publicly. So essentially, support for them is still as a practical matter the same as support for anti-gunners.

My point is that if someone votes for a Leftist other than one who is in practice pro-gun, they have no legitimate grounds on which to complain about their RKBA being legislated away. They are causing the very problem they are lamenting.
Old 05-16-2018, 1:49 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
First off, I'm highly skeptical of your claims. But even if true, it is irrelevant, since they still act in an anti-gun matter. What they think privately is outweighed by what they do publicly. So essentially, support for them is still as a practical matter the same as support for anti-gunners.

My point is that if someone votes for a Leftist other than one who is in practice pro-gun, they have no legitimate grounds on which to complain about their RKBA being legislated away. They are causing the very problem they are lamenting.
Yep, and to further illustrate that point, hypothetically if someone in the legislature HATES guns and wants them all banned, but always votes pro-2a because of party politics, they've still got my vote

I don't care what they think, I only care what they do.

That's why I voted for Allen.

All we know about Cox is what he says that he thinks (which seems to change daily), and we just sorta have to take his word for it. But what would he actually do for us? Who knows.

Allen has a flawless 2A voting record, and has authored some of the most aggressive pro-2A legislation we've ever seen in this state. I don't even care if hypothetically, deep down inside, he actually despises gun rights - the fact is that he's fighting for gun rights hard, with real actions, and that's what matters to me.

Action always trumps feelings.

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 05-16-2018 at 1:54 PM..
Old 05-16-2018, 2:14 PM

Quote:

Believe whatever you want, but I deal with these people almost every day.

Their actions are representative of party politics today - both parties. Those of them who count themselves as Mods or New Dems have wanted to help NRA and CRPA out on bills in the past (on the language or even abstaining, not voting no), but the "my way or the highway" approach (even when having absolutely zero leverage) of these groups turns legislators off to helping them out, including a lot of GOP legislators.

So, these pols' self interest isn't enough to move the needle in the pro-2A direction when wedge politics have dictated Dems won't get their votes regardless of what they do, because, even if a Dem does help out the pro-2A cause, those single/priority issue 2A voters will still believe his or her GOP opponent is better on this issue come election time. I'm doubtful even a Dem candidate who authored a bill to repeal the roster (this conversation actually happened, not super serious, but it happened) would get pro-2A single/priority issue votes over a GOP opponent. So, how can you blame them? They would get nothing out of helping the pro-2A cause other than risking their own campaign dollars and chances of getting re-elected.
Old 05-16-2018, 2:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Believe whatever you want, but I deal with these people almost every day.

Their actions are representative of party politics today - both parties. Those of them who count themselves as Mods or New Dems have wanted to help NRA and CRPA out on bills in the past (on the language or even abstaining, not voting no), but the "my way or the highway" approach (even when having absolutely zero leverage) of these groups turns legislators off to helping them out, including a lot of GOP legislators.

So, these pols' self interest isn't enough to move the needle in the pro-2A direction when wedge politics have dictated Dems won't get their votes regardless of what they do, because, even if a Dem does help out the pro-2A cause, those single/priority issue 2A voters will still believe his or her GOP opponent is better on this issue come election time. I'm doubtful even a Dem candidate who authored a bill to repeal the roster (this conversation actually happened, not super serious, but it happened) would get pro-2A single/priority issue votes over a GOP opponent. So, how can you blame them? They would get nothing out of helping the pro-2A cause other than risking their own campaign dollars and chances of getting re-elected.
Which again, makes them in effect anti-gun. It matters not what they think about it, and a vtoe for them is still an anti-gun vote. That's what it comes down to. All of the rest of the hemming and hawing is irrelevant and pointless.

And yeah, most pro-RKBA voters are on the Right and they aren't going to vote for a Leftist just because they are pro-gun, and RKBA supporters who are single-issue have every reason to be skeptical of Leftist pro-RKBA claims.
Old 05-16-2018, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Which again, makes them in effect anti-gun. It matters not what they think about it, and a vtoe for them is still an anti-gun vote. That's what it comes down to. All of the rest of the hemming and hawing is irrelevant and pointless.

And yeah, most pro-RKBA voters are on the Right and they aren't going to vote for a Leftist just because they are pro-gun, and RKBA supporters who are single-issue have every reason to be skeptical of Leftist pro-RKBA claims.
So my question remains: How can you blame them for voting against pro-2A interests?

Those running the pro-2A groups have created absolutely no pathway or incentive whatsoever for Mod Dems or others to help out the pro-2A cause at all, which is really really important when they're the majority (supermajority after November) party here and can actually get amendments made on the bills moving, especially when you can get a Mod Dem/GOP consensus on an issue. It's all risk with no possibility of reward for them. Most interests/causes endeavor to make it easy for legislators to help them out, but not the pro-2A groups.
Old 05-16-2018, 3:26 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
So my question remains: How can you blame them for voting against pro-2A interests?
I've got 2 points to answer this with:
  1. That they would put their careers ahead of what they believe is actually best for this state/country, is despicable. Even more despicable than just being anti-2a, because at least those people *think* they are voting for the right reasons.
  2. The point that he, I, and everyone else are trying to make is: Blame is irrelevant. We're not here to point fingers, we're merely here to vote OUT those who promote the fight against 2a rights. Whether they're voting that way because of personal beliefs, or peer pressure, or career advancement, or because someone kidnapped their child and the ransom note says to vote anti-2a, IT DOES NOT MATTER, VOTE THEM OUT!

Their party affiliation is irrelevant to me.

Assemblywoman Catherine Baker is a Republican... and I want her out of office just as much as I want any Democrat out of office, because she votes against the 2a at every opportunity.

Senator Steven Bradford is a democrat... And I want him to stay, because he votes for 2a rights at least occasionally.

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 05-16-2018 at 3:34 PM..
Old 05-16-2018, 3:30 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

All Republicans need to back Allen if we are going to have a shot against Newsom. He's the (R) most likely to get moderate votes.
Old 05-16-2018, 4:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Anyone planning to vote Newscum needs to be excused from this site with extreme prejudice
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhyla View Post
What if the right people told you he was actually 2A-friendly?
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH I see what you did there.

In all honesty we have a lot to lose should Newsom win. If Republicans cannot get behind a candidate that has the best chance to get on the ballot we are going to have Newsom as governor.

I shouldn't have to spell it out for anyone as to what the legislature and he have in store for gun owners next year. think Brown was bad and he was because the "right people" said for him. Well that backfired big time. Newsom will outdo Brown by 10 fold.

What is left of gun rights and they are pretty much dead here will be gone under Newsom.

prove me wrong Newsom won't F***** us.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 05-16-2018, 7:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Would've been nice to have seen this sooner, email arrived at 6:17PM today though, and I just now saw it. Wonder how it went?

Quote:
THE ALAMEDA COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE WILL BE VOTING ON WHO TO ENDORSE FOR GOVERNOR!

WE NEED YOU THERE TO SUPPORT TRAVIS! STARTS AT 7PM

ALAMEDA COUNTY- San Leandro : 7:00 PM and take place at our headquarters office at 1039 MacArthur Blvd, San Leandro CA.
Old 05-17-2018, 3:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I can't find a non-twatter link anywhere yet, but Alameda County GOP is endorsing Allen.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jointravi...79335872499712
Quote:
***WINNING*** @JoinTravisAllen JUST WON the Alameda County Republican Party endorsement!! Travis Allen now has 18 REPUBLICAN PARTY ENDORSEMENTS. IT'S TIME TO TAKE BACK CALIFORNIA!!
Old 05-17-2018, 4:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Talking

Scott Wagner!

So LONG, Wolf-in-sheeple's-clothing!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'll vote for the R that's a head on election day.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred View Post
I'll vote for the R that's a head on election day.
Who's poll will you base that decision on? It doesn't seem that any of them can be trusted or are accurate.
Old 05-17-2018, 3:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Those running the pro-2A groups have created absolutely no pathway or incentive whatsoever for Mod Dems or others to help out the pro-2A cause at all, which is really really important when they're the majority (supermajority after November) party here and can actually get amendments made on the bills moving, especially when you can get a Mod Dem/GOP consensus on an issue. It's all risk with no possibility of reward for them. Most interests/causes endeavor to make it easy for legislators to help them out, but not the pro-2A groups.
I blame them for voting against it if they also complain about their RKBA being taken away. You can't vote for something and then complain when it happens without being some sort of hypocrite at minimum. Their words ring hollow. Fine, I get that people stick to their beliefs, and I can at least respect that much even if I have no respect for the beliefs themselves and believ them to be dangerous. But just don't go complaining when the predictable results happen in this one area in which one might disagree with the ideologies in question.

And with respect to the rest, what are we supposed to do? Betray the rest of our beliefs even though we don't usually need to compromise them to be able to vote for our candidates? Kinda reminds me of the times that the LA Times sheds crocodile tears lamenting the decline of the GOP in CA, essentially saying, "If only they'd become Leftists just to the Right of us, then they'd be a viable party again and things would be good."

Republicans, especially those genuinely on the Right (not all Republicans are, not by a long shot; it's always been a big tent regardless of what some might like to believe, for better or worse), are not going to acede to having the rest of their liberties further tramples upon just so that things can get slightly better in one area. They aren't going to be willing to have the morals and social values they believe in trampled over this one issue. Which is exactly why people here are defending Leftists voting for anti-gun politicians. Kinda gives me a "good for me but not for thee" impression.

Yes, Democrats are the majority, and there is some risk, but given how small a share of the electorate Republicans are where Democrats are able to get reliable majorities, Republicans aren't likely to mitigate it. If they are pro-RKBA, then do what's right. If they don't, they should be seen as the cowards and hypocrites that they are. It's that simple. If they get pushed out by someone on the Left on the issue, that would likely still happen even with some Republican support.

All in all, this does nothing to change the fact that a vote for someone who is in practice anti-gun is an anti-gun vote, and people who vote that way should own their vote and not be lent credence when they complain about anti-gun laws and policies that emanate from their votes.
Old 05-19-2018, 9:40 AM

Hold the presses!

The answer arrived in yesterday's mail: I received a "Republican Voter Alert" that posits that the only way to defeat Newsom is to not vote for any of the three Republicans.

The piece says: Cox is a former Dem and Chicago lawyer who pushed for higher taxes (not good), Newman is a conservative Christian family farmer and strict constitutionalist (getting better) and Allen is a life-long Republican, pro-business conservative who oppsed new taxes (bravo!).
So, this "Republican Voter Alert" concludes that the best option for conservative Republicans is to vote for the guy who paid for the piece (naturally): Antonio Villaraigosa.

I hope he pisses away more money on these expensive and entertaining mailings.

I believe Cox's lead is due to his early visibility and that if Allen ramps up his message, and voters become more familiar with him, he'll blow by Cox.

If any of them can effectively exploit the Sanctuary City issue to their advantage it may create a groundswell that just might allow for a California miracle reminiscent of Trump's victory (although I was disappointed to see Trump came out in support of Cox).

Here's hoping!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen". Sam Adams
Old 05-20-2018, 9:04 AM

I have been an Allen supporter, watched the debates and he is clearly our best choice. Im not getting swampy by voting for that blowhard election losing spoiler Cox. I love President Trump but he botched this one.
Old 05-20-2018, 9:12 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhSpray View Post
Hold the presses!

The answer arrived in yesterday's mail: I received a "Republican Voter Alert" that posits that the only way to defeat Newsom is to not vote for any of the three Republicans.

The piece says: Cox is a former Dem and Chicago lawyer who pushed for higher taxes (not good), Newman is a conservative Christian family farmer and strict constitutionalist (getting better) and Allen is a life-long Republican, pro-business conservative who oppsed new taxes (bravo!).
So, this "Republican Voter Alert" concludes that the best option for conservative Republicans is to vote for the guy who paid for the piece (naturally): Antonio Villaraigosa.

I hope he pisses away more money on these expensive and entertaining mailings.

I believe Cox's lead is due to his early visibility and that if Allen ramps up his message, and voters become more familiar with him, he'll blow by Cox.

If any of them can effectively exploit the Sanctuary City issue to their advantage it may create a groundswell that just might allow for a California miracle reminiscent of Trump's victory (although I was disappointed to see Trump came out in support of Cox).

Here's hoping!
This one?
Villar.jpg
Old 05-20-2018, 10:00 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Seeing Cox get slaughtered by the Gav in November will not help us here, it will further degrade the viability of the weak CA republican party.

What could help is the rest of the nation seeing this one party state like Cuba select only official party members for office. Then the talking heads can roll explaining that to the rest of the country.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
This is his 7th attempt to get elected to public office in two States, he wants the office and power more than he cares about the people the office is suppose to represent.
Hopefully Travis Allen can use this against Cox to end this situation sooner than later.

Voted ...

NRA Life Member
CRPA Member
Old 05-20-2018, 12:31 PM

Cox is only running to split the vote. All in for Allen.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:44 PM

To all the tards that can’t seem to read..... it’s simple vote Allen!! Or do you need to be spoon fed info about the candidates? The amount of stupidity in CA sure has a way to surprise every day! But I don’t get surprised because I now expect it!!!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/winxp_man/MeShooting-1.jpg
Old 05-20-2018, 11:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I hope Allen keeps his efforts up but Cox has the pull for moderate Dems.....I hate this ****!

There are no moderate Dems. The Dems are going to vote Dem, the progressives are going to vote Dem.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:15 AM

Allen it is! The man seems consistent with putting democrats in their place with the different debates I've seen. It's time we put all the votes behind this REPUBLICAN candidate. Also don't forget to vote for all republicans, no more democrats! I'm done with the crazy democrats!