Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 01-02-2014, 2:00 PM

Exclamation NM Collector Software Version 3.0 and Your Privacy

Version 3.0 of NM Collector Software is now available. This latest version has many new features and is easier to use than before. Why not give it a try?

If you currently have it, please visit the NM Collector Software Upgrade page to update your copy for free. If you do not already have a copy, you can download and install a fresh copy for free. You get the full features for 30 days. After 30 days you will be able to continue to use it for free but with fewer features.

With all of the talk of loss of privacy and hacking on the internet, protecting your privacy is more essential than ever. From the start I developed NM Collector Software with your privacy in mind. This program does not plant anything on your computer nor does it connect to the internet unless you tell it to.

Most of us have firewalls installed on our computers that we can use to monitor the network access of any program we run. Unfortunately, we rarely take full advantage of this capability. In order to help those who want to know what programs on their systems are accessing the internet but do not know how to do it I have documented step by step instructions on how to set up Norton Firewall to monitor the network access of any program (including but not limited to NM Collector Software) on your system. Norton Firewall is available for free from Comcast to their internet subscribers. Other firewalls are similar in functionality so these instructions might help even if you do not have Norton Firewall.

Please let me hear back from you if you like what I am doing or not. All constructive feedback, whether positive or negative, is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Old 01-04-2014, 1:28 PM

Default Mac users please take note ...

Please note: due to a code signing issue with the Mac version, I had to rebuild and re-upload the Mac and the USB downloads.

If you use a Mac please try again later this evening.

For those who want to know, the issue has to do with the fact that I changed an existing application rather than uploading an entirely new application. The code signed application worked just fine until it was uploaded and then subsequently downloaded from the internet. At that point Mac's gatekeeper applies a more strict standard than an app that was not downloaded from the internet so it detected changes in the internal application that were not detected in the originally signed application. In order to make it work for the modified app downloaded from the internet I had to use more strict code signing options for it to work as an internet download.

Thanks for your patience.
Old 01-04-2014, 7:38 PM

Wink Mac is working for all but the USB Upgrade

Still trying to figure out why the USB upgrade has a defective mac app. It can always be downloaded from the Mac upgrade which is working.

Thanks for your patience!
Old 01-05-2014, 7:16 AM

Thumbs up All Mac Downloads are now Functional

All downloads that contain the Mac Application are now working!

If you are encountering problems with the Mac application not running on your Mac due to Gatekeeper issues, please download it again.

Thanks again for your patience.
Old 01-05-2014, 8:38 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Love your program and will give new version a shot! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:23 PM

Thumbs up Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmman View Post
Love your program and will give new version a shot! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you. Please keep in mind the new version defaults to automatically save your data. If you prefer the way it worked before this new version, please deselect "Automatically Apply Changes" in the Options menu.

Thanks again,
Old 01-06-2014, 3:11 PM

Exclamation Problem with 3.0 - scroll bar missing

Problem with 3.0 - scroll bar missing in tree view.

The vertical scroll bar is missing on the tree view in version 3.0. I'm working on a fix now. In the mean-time you can view items through the statistics view.

Also, you can revert back to the previous version at this link: http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/revert/

The files are uploading now so please give them some time to finish uploading.

I will post when a new update is available.

Old 01-06-2014, 7:08 PM

Thumbs up Issue Reslved - Awaiting Uploads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmCollector View Post
Problem with 3.0 - scroll bar missing in tree view.

The vertical scroll bar is missing on the tree view in version 3.0. I'm working on a fix now. In the mean-time you can view items through the statistics view.

Also, you can revert back to the previous version at this link: http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/revert/

The files are uploading now so please give them some time to finish uploading.

I will post when a new update is available.

I found the problem and fixed it. I then built and tested the installers and am now awaiting for all of them to upload. It will probably take all night because I have so many different branded versions but the main page should be up in a matter of hours.

Thanks again for your patience!
Old 01-07-2014, 4:50 AM

Thumbs up Uploads Successful and ready for use again

All of the installers have successfully uploaded. Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Thanks,

Last edited by nmCollector; 01-07-2014 at 4:54 AM..
Old 01-05-2014, 6:59 AM

Question Why not Norton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
Norton, really?! you just lost any and all credibility
The point of the instructions was to illustrate how to monitor a program for internet access. The intent was not to recommend one firewall over another. I have used other firewalls (Zone Alarm, COMODO, Acronis) in the past but since I use Comcast for my ISP and they provide Norton for free I use it now. It seems to work well.

Since it is offered for free to Comcast subscribers I figure a lot of people are using it and these people would benefit from these instructions. I am not going to tell them that they should be using some other firewall if they chose to use Norton's firewall. However, perhaps you can help us make a better decision.

What firewall would you recommend? Is there a cost involved? If so, do the benefits of your recommended firewall (or the risks of the Norton Firewall) justify the additional cost to Comcast subscribers?

I am looking forward to your advice.

Sincerely,

Last edited by nmCollector; 01-05-2014 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: reformat a little ...