Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 10-22-2008, 2:54 PM

Red face My Willow Springs BLM Adventure

Last edited by kittycat; 09-17-2019 at 3:52 PM..
Old 10-22-2008, 2:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

You guys had fun - What's with the no invite to everyone else? Or this was a couple shoot.
Old 10-22-2008, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigon1965 View Post
You guys had fun - What's with the no invite to everyone else? Or this was a couple shoot.
It was such a last minute thing. I was dying to shoot, so it was either the ranges or BLM... we chose the latter that day. Next time though!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 3:19 PM

Awesome, Cat! I'm glad you finally got a chance to head out there. I'm sorry for the last minute change of plans... well, the 2 or 3 of them...

I was going to head out there with my gf and her brother that day but her brother got pulled into working and Kat wasn't really up for the drive.

How did you like it up there? Looks like you had fun. Quite a view, huh?

We'll have to set up another trip soon!
Old 10-22-2008, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewDog View Post
Awesome, Cat! I'm glad you finally got a chance to head out there. I'm sorry for the last minute change of plans... well, the 2 or 3 of them...

I was going to head out there with my gf and her brother that day but her brother got pulled into working and Kat wasn't really up for the drive.

How did you like it up there? Looks like you had fun. Quite a view, huh?

We'll have to set up another trip soon!
Thanks so much! Yes, Landon was telling me you guys were trying to plan something. We were up in the air too about plans, but either way I HAD to shoot. The drive wasn't too bad, but your directions and maps made it easy. Thanks again.

What a qinkee-dink... I'm Cat with a C! Yes, the view and the setting was just gorgeous. The sun was so gently warm with a hint of refreshing breeze... made it perfect-O!

I think we need to make a Nevada trip. I'm dying to use 30 round mags. Last time we went I had so much fun. The scene is just so breath taking. Oh and there's some caves and stuff too for exploration.
Old 10-22-2008, 3:39 PM

Thats a different area than where we go, is that off of Bakus road perhaps ??
Old 10-22-2008, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat View Post
Thanks so much! Yes, Landon was telling me you guys were trying to plan something. We were up in the air too about plans, but either way I HAD to shoot. The drive wasn't too bad, but your directions and maps made it easy. Thanks again.

What a qinkee-dink... I'm Cat with a C! Yes, the view and the setting was just gorgeous. The sun was so gently warm with a hint of refreshing breeze... made it perfect-O!

I think we need to make a Nevada trip. I'm dying to use 30 round mags. Last time we went I had so much fun. The scene is just so breath taking. Oh and there's some caves and stuff too for exploration.
Hehe, yup. Cat and Kat

A Nevada trip would definitely be fun. If you guys want to try and set something up in a few weeks let me know and we can make a weekend trip out of it. I'm just dying to have my long range rifle finished by the next trip. Only about half done though

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimG View Post
It looks like they set up to the left of the dirt road (when driving up). Looks like a decent spot for the short range stuff though.
Old 10-22-2008, 3:53 PM

By the way... How'd your new gun shoot???
Old 10-22-2008, 3:59 PM
Veteran Member

I was trying to go up there again too this weekend with another calgunner and LewDog maybe too but it didn't work out. Next time though hopefully. I really missed shooting at an informal outdoor range, they closed my Desert Hot Springs spot a few years ago.
.45acp .45LC 6.5Carcano 7.7Japanese 7.62x54r 6.5Swede,6.5x54r
.30-40Krag 7.5French 8x57Mauser .223Rem 7.62x39 .410bore .30-30
20ga 12ga .303British 8x56r 7.5x55Swiss .30-06...
Old 10-22-2008, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimG View Post
MMmm... darn it I don't recall. If I can find that paper with directions I'll let you know. Turned left after that mile marker Lewdog posted about and then went left and right. HAHA. I know I suck at directions.
Old 10-22-2008, 4:06 PM

Quote:
OMG I heart it so berry much! LOL. I wish shorter barrels were legal. "Sigh." I need to clean it though.

Oh yes, Vegas would be awesome. We can have a shoot/play in Nevada weekend. Gotta check with Landon's schedule though. I don't work weekends so it's not a big deal but he sometimes does.

When is your rifle going to be complete? Pics???
Old 10-22-2008, 4:10 PM

Quote:
OMG I heart it so berry much! LOL. I wish shorter barrels were legal. "Sigh." I need to clean it though.

Oh yes, Vegas would be awesome. We can have a shoot/play in Nevada weekend. Gotta check with Landon's schedule though. I don't work weekends so it's not a big deal but he sometimes does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonclip View Post
I was trying to go up there again too this weekend with another calgunner and LewDog maybe too but it didn't work out. Next time though hopefully. I really missed shooting at an informal outdoor range, they closed my Desert Hot Springs spot a few years ago.

I just wish there was MORE BLM that was CLOSE.
Old 10-22-2008, 4:13 PM

Quote:

Glad you like it!

I'm actually heading out to Vegas in a couple weeks to work at the SEMA show. Going to be a long week but I've been contemplating bringin' the AR along to have some fun when I'm not working. Not sure how the boss would react to that though. lol. Let's try to set something up one of these days though. Shoot during the day, gamble/drink/club at night? Sounds like a plan!

I'm hoping to have it done within the next couple months. I'm going to be ordering the lower and hopefully the stock with the next paycheck probably and then the barrel with the one after that. I don't have any pics yet being that it's all just loose parts but I can lay them out on the floor and snap a couple to help with the imagination
Old 10-22-2008, 4:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I just wish there was MORE BLM that was CLOSE.

Me too My old spot was about 100 miles away at most. Willow is 120 but seems farther.
Old 10-22-2008, 6:10 PM

Oh it looks like you guys had so much fun!
We used to go shooting at blm land in 29 Palms ("The Dump") but I believe it's shotgun only now, 'le sigh'.

Best way to carve a pumpkin
Old 10-22-2008, 6:41 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

pretty location.....loved the pumpkin guts! looks like a good time was had by all!

did i miss it somewhere as to what you're shooting? i'm getting tha SA bug....

movie zombie
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 10-22-2008, 9:01 PM
Veteran Member

Im jealouse, seems like fun! i cant wait to go there again! lol but its a far away drive

"If you wish for peace, prepare for war."
Old 10-22-2008, 9:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Nice pics.

I might go this weekend.

Lewdog, when you gong to set up the next shoot?
Old 10-23-2008, 7:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stphnman20 View Post
Nice pics.

I might go this weekend.

Lewdog, when you gong to set up the next shoot?
Well, I'd love to get one set up again soon but my schedule is pretty booked for at least a few weeks. I have the SEMA show in Vegas to get prepared for and then going out there I believe from Oct. 26 till Nov. 9, then working a booth at the LA Auto Show over Thanksgiving weekend, then a work x-mas party in Miami the first week of December, then my gf wants to go to Hawaii towards the end of December.... Needless to say, I'm going to be busy for a while.

It looks like the best possible weekend would be Sunday, Nov. 16. Pretty much right in the middle of my commitments but it's not too far off and I don't think I have anything going on that weekend, although I'm sure it will be pretty chilly up there by that time so if we do it, be sure to layer up. Let me know if that works for everyone else and if I should go ahead and post it up.
Old 10-23-2008, 7:57 AM

LewDog: Yes, take some photos. I want to see your project! Hey, so what do you do for the automotive industry? I'm in marketing for an engineering company that sells 3D measurement and inspection equipment for various manufacturing applications. Our biggest client sector is aerospace and automotive, but also consumer goods, entertainment, etc... We used to do SEMA, but stopped doing it. They make me work the booths but I'd rather be in the office. Do you do PRI (Performance Racing Industry) too? It'll be interesting to see the turn out for SEMA based on the world's economical crisis. Last month I went to IMTS in Chicago which is one of the largest manufacturing shows. They had about 100K people.

Moonclip: What was your old spot?

Angie: We still have to go to Firing Line!

movie zombie: My BF has a Stag Arms Upper, I think Spike Lower, some kind of rails, EO-Tech, and other stuff. I'm still learning so hopefully I got that right. LOL! As for me I bought mine from a Cal Gunner. It was my birthday present to myself. Doublestar Lower, Stag/RRA parts kit, White-Oak Armament tuned 2-Stage RRA Trigger, M16 bolt assembly, Mapgul CTR Stock, 14.5" CMMG upper with m4 ramps, Phantom flash hider, Daniel Defense M4 9.0" Lite Rail, standard M4 iron sight up front, Troy BUIS rear, "ladder" rail protectors and 3 KAC RIS panels.

Frijolito1988: Carpool!

stphnman20: Thanks! I still think we should make a Cal Guns Nevada shoot event. We should get some vendors involved, have maybe a raffle, various firearms, and then relax at a Nevada hotel. Wouldn't that be fun? I'll plan it! We should set it out for maybe March to give everyone some time.
Old 10-23-2008, 8:09 AM

Quote:
LewDog: Yes, take some photos. I want to see your project! Hey, so what do you do for the automotive industry? I'm in marketing for an engineering company that sells 3D measurement and inspection equipment for various manufacturing applications. Our biggest client sector is aerospace and automotive, but also consumer goods, entertainment, etc... We used to do SEMA, but stopped doing it. They make me work the booths but I'd rather be in the office. Do you do PRI (Performance Racing Industry) too? It'll be interesting to see the turn out for SEMA based on the world's economical crisis. Last month I went to IMTS in Chicago which is one of the largest manufacturing shows. They had about 100K people.
My company imports and distributes aftermarket tuning products, body kits, wheels, and tires mainly for Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, and VW from Germany and Switzerland. We have a new website in the works but feel free to check it out www.ggituning.com

I gotta run right now for a meeting but I'll talk to you more soon. And yeah, lets try to get that vegas trip set up!
Old 10-23-2008, 8:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
stphnman20: Thanks! I still think we should make a Cal Guns Nevada shoot event. We should get some vendors involved, have maybe a raffle, various firearms, and then relax at a Nevada hotel. Wouldn't that be fun? I'll plan it! We should set it out for maybe March to give everyone some time.
Difinitely!!! I have a couple of buddies that are LVMPD officers (I might be one soon) so no worries with the law there.. March would be perfect! Plenty of time for people to request off. lol

Lewdog, man your a busy dude.. Just setup date, i'm pretty sure are down to roll. (I just hope I dont have graveyard! )
Old 10-23-2008, 9:30 AM
Veteran Member

fun fun , maybe we should wait til april.................... thats when i turn 21

yes yes im young

Old 10-23-2008, 9:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frijolito1988 View Post
fun fun , maybe we should wait til april.................... thats when i turn 21

yes yes im young

OMG. We'll have to go to Circus Circus so you can play some games.
Old 10-23-2008, 9:33 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
hell to the no, that roller coaster gives me the heebe geebees

EDIT - clowns also

Old 10-23-2008, 9:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
LOL!! Burn!
Old 10-23-2008, 9:52 AM

I posted a thread, so VOTE!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=127565

When is your birthday anyways?
Old 10-23-2008, 9:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stphnman20 View Post
LOL!! Burn!
HAHA! I haven't heard that since grade school!
Old 10-23-2008, 9:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I posted a thread, so VOTE!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=127565

When is your birthday anyways?
April 25

Old 10-23-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
April 25
oh nice! mine's the 23rd! would be a fun bday weekend for the both of us. unfortunately mine's not really of any importance... 24... not much to look forward to at 24.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
LewDog:
Moonclip: What was your old spot?

[.
Off Indian something road, can't remember, north of the 10 freeway, where the truck stop exit is. About 5 miles or so up, then a right turn into the canyons. It was fenced off and closed. Desert Hot Springs area north of Palm Springs

There is another spot I hear by a rehab center but the neighbors are pissy about it.

I have only been to Vegas one time, I came back with .2cents in my pocket!!!

Last edited by Moonclip; 10-23-2008 at 1:27 PM..
Old 10-24-2008, 1:02 PM

Well don't worry we'll be shooting and not gambling so much.
Old 10-24-2008, 1:54 PM
Veteran Member

good not much a gambler , perfer to waste my moneys on arcade..er i mean ammo!

Old 10-24-2008, 2:52 PM

Quote:
good not much a gambler , perfer to waste my moneys on arcade..er i mean ammo!
HAHA! That actually made me chuckle out load. =X

Well don't worry there's a lot of arcade games at Circus Circus. Oh and my BF and I can be your chaperone in case you can't get into places. J/K.
Old 10-24-2008, 2:56 PM
Veteran Member

I know a 17yo girl that is gambling in LV as we speak(she likes shooting too)! I have a feeling though if underage and you win a big jackpot they will not give it to you!

Getting ot, but what is age for gambling in Indian casinos in CA?

Frijolito, lets try to do this LV thing!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:16 AM

If you guys are on YouTube or MySPace add me!