Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-29-2023, 7:07 PM

Default Long Beach

Has anyone in here had any success getting their CCW in LB?
Old 08-30-2023, 9:36 AM

Curious if this as well… wonder if there is any CG’r from LB. I’m an LB resident but I had already applied with LASD last year and still waiting for an interview call. Was wanting to dissolve the app with LASD and apply with LB, but when I was asking one of the CCW training members they told me to stick with LASD since I’m this far. LB is going to cost more with more hours of training, psych eval, and can only list one firearm on the permit.
11/29/22-entered in system
04/29/23-FBI/05/07/23-CA/05/11/23-Firearms
02/06/24-Call for email, additional docs requested, submitted

AZ CCW active holder 06/03/23
Old 09-06-2023, 6:56 PM

Default In process

I applied back in May and just got a call for my in person interview. Not sure what to expect as I don't know anyone else in LB who got theirs. I'll post my experience once I've gone through the process. I am finding though its way more expensive than LA county =(
Old 09-10-2023, 5:58 PM

Default LB app submitted July

Quote:
Originally Posted by agl1911 View Post
I applied back in May and just got a call for my in person interview. Not sure what to expect as I don't know anyone else in LB who got theirs. I'll post my experience once I've gone through the process. I am finding though its way more expensive than LA county =(
My page for LB permit director still says "assigning to processor shortly". Was your interview the first contact from them?
App submitted 7/5/23
Live Scan 7/10/23

Active Texas CCW

Last edited by danstucky; 09-10-2023 at 6:00 PM..
Old 09-12-2023, 11:44 AM

No actually there was problems with permitium site updating details. They reached out to me a few times but that?s probably because they were still working out the kinks of the system. You are early in the process so you will still have a ways to go. I would get your passport photo ready you will need a digital copy of that submitted at some point. You can probably submit it early. The rules are posted online must be a certain size and show certain amount of your face and background color etc.
Old 09-12-2023, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstucky View Post
My page for LB permit director still says "assigning to processor shortly". Was your interview the first contact from them?
App submitted 7/5/23
Live Scan 7/10/23

Active Texas CCW
Replied to you but didn?t put it in your post. Hope it helps.
Old 11-05-2023, 5:09 PM

I just started the process about two weeks ago. Did the Livescan a few days ago and it?s currently waiting on the firearms check. I?m not counting on my odds being that great, and even if I?m successful it will take forever, but figured it was better to at least try.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:59 PM

Saw MedicupConsulting posted on their Instagram story that someone from Long Beach just received their CCW permit… who is it and how was the process?

Old 12-29-2023, 10:22 PM

Don?t have the permit yet but getting close. Successfully completed the fire arms classes and shooting test. Hoping to get the permit in hand soon but I hear they are understaffed. There was someone on a different forum I was talking with about his experience and he gor his permit in hand. First person in LB I heard completed the process.

Experience overall was straightforward. Application, interview, psych questionnaire and psych evaluation, then 16 hours of training. Be honest, don?t hide any contact with law enforcement as they seem to have it all.
Old 12-30-2023, 5:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agl1911 View Post
Don?t have the permit yet but getting close. Successfully completed the fire arms classes and shooting test. Hoping to get the permit in hand soon but I hear they are understaffed. There was someone on a different forum I was talking with about his experience and he gor his permit in hand. First person in LB I heard completed the process.

Experience overall was straightforward. Application, interview, psych questionnaire and psych evaluation, then 16 hours of training. Be honest, don?t hide any contact with law enforcement as they seem to have it all.
I'm still holding onto my breath to my app with LASD, 17 months and counting just for a phone call for an interview. I reside in LB myself, but I just dont want to spend the extra money shelling into LB and their fees along with the pysch questionnaire/eval.

Also is it true that they only and list 1 firearm on the permit?

Old 12-30-2023, 9:47 AM

Yeah the cost did give me pause, I didn?t have much of choice since by the time I finally decided to do it LASD and LAPD was directing people to their respective local PDs. As for the number of firearms in the e permit you can have up to 3 which I decided on.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DProm View Post
I'm still holding onto my breath to my app with LASD, 17 months and counting just for a phone call for an interview. I reside in LB myself, but I just dont want to spend the extra money shelling into LB and their fees along with the pysch questionnaire/eval.

Also is it true that they only and list 1 firearm on the permit?
If you already applied to LASD, stay with LASD. You made it in during the brief period between June and August where LASD was still taking applications instead of the city IA, you're the lucky ones who will get grandfathered in to stay within LASD issuance for renewals and when you move to another city within LA County.

The latter part cannot be stressed enough. Your LASD issued CCW will be valid anywhere you move within LA County. Who knows what may happen, you may end up moving out of City of Long Beach and move to Downey or so. But if you get it with LBPD, then once you move to Downey, you'd have to start the process all over again with Downey PD. This won't be the case if your IA is LASD, because their jursidiction is one step above and encompasses all of LA County. All that's needed is to let them know you moved to Downey and your CCW will still be valid, and you can renew with LASD. It won't be the case if you go with LBPD and later decide to move any other city in within LA County that has their own PD (Torrance, Gardena, Culver City, Santa Monica, etc. etc.)
"Prohibit the peasants from owning katanas, wakizashis, arrows, spears, or matchlock rifles. If the peasants are armed, they will not pay nengu (taxes) and they will not be subordinate to the officials."

Toyotomi Hideyoshi's Sword Hunt Edict of 1588, establishing the class division between the peasants (commoners) and the samurai (the governing elites).

Last edited by CZ man in LA; 12-30-2023 at 10:40 PM..
Old 12-31-2023, 5:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ man in LA View Post
If you already applied to LASD, stay with LASD. You made it in during the brief period between June and August where LASD was still taking applications instead of the city IA, you're the lucky ones who will get grandfathered in to stay within LASD issuance for renewals and when you move to another city within LA County.

The latter part cannot be stressed enough. Your LASD issued CCW will be valid anywhere you move within LA County. Who knows what may happen, you may end up moving out of City of Long Beach and move to Downey or so. But if you get it with LBPD, then once you move to Downey, you'd have to start the process all over again with Downey PD. This won't be the case if your IA is LASD, because their jursidiction is one step above and encompasses all of LA County. All that's needed is to let them know you moved to Downey and your CCW will still be valid, and you can renew with LASD. It won't be the case if you go with LBPD and later decide to move any other city in within LA County that has their own PD (Torrance, Gardena, Culver City, Santa Monica, etc. etc.)
Oh I Forsure knew about the pros and cons between the IA. I?ve been keeping up with the LASD thread everyday along with their website. It?s just when LBPD popped in I was curious, but not tempted because of how far in I already am, the time I submitted my app being able to be grandfathered for renewal with LASD, and of course the cost.

Like I mentioned in the previous comment I was in no favor or interested to spend extra dollars more, additional requirements, especially into LB.

I do foresee that I will be moving in the near future but it won?t be within LA county, my wife and I has been looking into the Riverside County for our future vicinity of residence.

Old 01-03-2024, 8:05 AM

I received my permit. Overall the process wasn’t hard so much as it was expensive and time consuming. The people at the department were nice to work with. I have a feeling subsequent applicants won’t have the same timeline as LBPD was figuring things out along the way. They also had a cyber attack in November that slowed the process down.

An interesting note. They made me take a passport photo, but ended up using the picture from my driver license anyway.

I applied April 30 and the permit was issued late December.
Old 01-26-2024, 5:26 AM

I've completed the psychological assessment (10/31) and have been waiting to advance to the next step (firearms course). I started the process back in May 2023 for reference.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:27 AM

I applied roughly same time and it took nearly 2 months before I was moved onto firearms training portion of the process. I am completed as of 12/28/23 and waiting for the actual license to pick up. I expect another 2-3 weeks. I?ve heard about 2 months after completion of firearms training before actual license is ready. But take that with a grain of salt as I?m sure that fluctuates with staff availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyd09 View Post
I've completed the psychological assessment (10/31) and have been waiting to advance to the next step (firearms course). I started the process back in May 2023 for reference.
Old 02-28-2024, 12:53 PM

Started the process mid-October and was able to schedule my interview today for late April. Slow process but at least it?s moving.