Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 02-09-2018, 2:52 PM

Default New AR Build Using 5d Tactical 80% Jig

Wow, this is a the easiest jig to use on the market right now. I am new to the building any type of fire arm. I do have some DIY skills. I have some wood working and automotive knowledge. But this would be my first time attempting to mill something.
So I went online and did some research. I watch a ton of youtube videos on different jigs. But I found the 5D jig was the easiest with the least amount of parts and did not have to keep screwing and unscrewing of different templates. The only thing that had to be unscrewed was the tool for the initial hole to start the milling. After that it was milling, milling and a little more milling. It only took me a few minutes to assemble the jig to the lower. I took my time and completed my first 80% lower in about 45 minutes. I would recommend using a drill press whenever possible. It will make the process faster and easier. I started out using my cordless drill then switch to my drill press.
5dtactical.com has how to videos and the instructions that came with the jig kit are awesome. They are straight forward and I did not get confused during the process at all. I would also recommend using a shop-vac with the vacuum attachment. I would totally recommend this jig. I also want to thank jsdsupply.com for the great customer service at the cross roads gun show in Costa Mesa and selling me this jig.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5d3.jpg (94.4 KB, 71 views)