Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2013, 11:43 PM

Default Profiling

I was driving down the street in my 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme as an LEO speed past me only to get caught at the red light intersection next to me. I leaned forward to put out my cigarette and looked up afterward to see him gleaming down into my car as if I were hiding something, putting out a joint maybe? Sticking a gun behind the stereo maybe? I don’t know what he was thinking. I then looked forward at the stoplight as it turned from red to green and slowly pulled off. The LEO suddenly pulled out of right-turn-only lane and came up behind me with his lights flashing. I quickly pulled to the right. He walked up to my window and asked my why he pulled my over. I looked at him baffled and said no officer, I don’t. He said yes you do and that he fights his battles in court. I was even more confused and said I don’t understand officer. He said you were speeding weren’t you. I said that I was not going any faster than the cars passing me up including him. He appeared angered and had is hand on his radio button while covering his badge. He said it again to me “You were speeding weren’t you! Maybe your tires are oversized or your speedometer isn’t working” I nodded once to give him satisfaction but didn’t say yes because I was not speeding. I actually wasn’t sure because I wasn’t checking my speedometer. I drive that street every day and can feel that I’m not doing over 40. He then appeared satisfied that I nodded and then asked me for my driver’s license and registration. I was happy to provide it to him because his attitude seemed to reflect that he assumed I didn’t have either. He took a quick look and handed them back, then told me to watch my speed. As he walked away, I tuned in with my bionic ears and heard him say to himself “why do they drive those cars?” The moral of this story is to try and not look suspicious for any reason. Don’t drive old cars with tinted windows or eyeball LEO’s, especially after your putting something away. I later bought a Ford Crown Victoria and since had police wave at me as if I were undercover or captain or something. I even got away with speeding. They pulled over the other guy. It’s about profiling... you got to fool them because they can be ignorant as hell.