Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated > Semiauto Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Semiauto Rifles Gallery Post pictures of your rifles and carbines here!

Old 04-09-2009, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djleisure View Post
midlength in the midday...

Why do you have 2 different mag pulls? Would confuse me, muscle memory and all, I must be gettin' old.
Orange CA 92869
714-532-4867
T - F (11 - 7pm) Sat (10 - 5pm) - closed Sun & Mon
Old 04-09-2009, 7:39 PM

Recommend me a legit optic and mount for this rifle.

Old 04-09-2009, 8:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Speirs View Post
Why do you have 2 different mag pulls? Would confuse me, muscle memory and all, I must be gettin' old.
I was wondering if someone was going to bring that up. I'm still trying to figure out which one I like best. I have been actively testing for a couple weeks and will decide on one soon. Good eye!

BTW - leaning more towards the "loop" style and not the "ranger plate" style... but we'll see...
Old 04-10-2009, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNgEr View Post
Finished the Twins.... the .223 is the one in front in image #1, and on top in image #2.

1. AR-15 .223 RRA Complete Lower, GA Precision upper (Fluted with GAP Brake), Badger Ordnance Stabilizer Handguard. Magpul PRS - Precision Rifle Stock. SPR Grip. Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56mm Tactical Scope ELSR Mildot. Burris Xtreme Tactical 30 mm Rings. Harris Bipod.

2. AR-10 .308 Fulton Titan Complete lower, GA Precision upper (Fluted with GAP Brake), Badger Ordnance Stabilizer Handguard. Magpul PRS - Precision Rifle Stock. SPR Grip. Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56mm Tactical Scope ELSR Mildot. Burris Xtreme Tactical 30 mm Rings. Harris Bipod.
So are some damn sweet rifles

Since I'm new to all this AR-making, what does a set up like that run anyway, roughly??

"Don't steal, the Government hates competition."
Old 04-10-2009, 10:53 PM

Some quick pics of my latest build...

Old 04-10-2009, 11:39 PM

Default To Protect and To Serve...

Last edited by RikSors; 04-11-2009 at 12:03 AM..
Old 04-11-2009, 7:37 AM

Default a

i dislike steel barrels but this rifle looks super hot man . good job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikSors View Post
Old 04-13-2009, 11:46 AM

heres mine

Last edited by angryasian; 04-15-2009 at 6:04 PM..
Old 04-13-2009, 7:51 PM

I always like home camo jobs that are done like this
Old 04-14-2009, 8:26 AM

I like the dust cover, but it would look silly on my stag lefty upper
Old 04-16-2009, 7:49 PM

DANIEL DEFENSE M4

after the endless waiting for my new Daniel Defense M4 she is finally home.

I was looking for an AR15 that is lightweight and has the reputation of being robust. After flipping the internet and several hours of reading AR15 forums one rifle really caught my attention.

FLASH HIDER

DD m4 comes with a regular birdcage flash hider but i'm not that of a fan of it's design. So i opted to replace it with AAC 5.56MM M4-1000 Flash Hider. I have to be honest it's mainly for aesthetics since i have no experience with this type of flash hider, however i heard a lot of good things about it.

Lights mounted on guns is always a must. Specially when you are planning to use it as a home defense rifle. I wanted my rifle to be lightweight so opted to use Surefire X300. It's a small light but will do it's job in the dark. Easy to manipulate and had a very bright aura when it's on.

Vertical Grip and Rail Panel

The DD M4 already comes with DD Grip. Honestly.. not really fond of it but it kinda grows on me. I install a LARUE FUG but the color did not match that well and it makes the DD M4 bulkier. So the DD Grip stays as it is.

Rail Panel... i have trouble on selecting which rail panels to use. I installed Magpul XTM panels but it just doesn't look right. So i choose Tango Down SCAR rail panel. It's lightweight, very solid and it's thinner compared to the regular Tango Down rail panel.

Old 04-16-2009, 7:50 PM

Optics and Pistol Grip:

I mounted an Eotech 552 and Acog but it doesn't sit right to me. So opted for an Aimpoint Comp M3 for more slick look. Eotech and Acog are good stuff but i wanted my DD m4 to look slick and lightweight so the aimpoint is my choice.

For the pistol grip... DDm4 comes with a regular pistol grip so i changed to a MAGPUL MOE grip. it already comes with a very nice trigger guard so a Magpul MIAD is not necessary. For some reason i'm a magpul whore. lol

Magazine and Butt stock:

Well.. it's a no brainer for me to install a Magpul UBR and use a PMAG magazine. The original DD M4 comes with a regular magpul MOE stock. it's nice really but i wanted a solid based butt stock and can provide balance to the rifle so i opted for a Magpul UBR. It's makes the rifle sexier. lol

Slings:

I have several slings in my stash but i choose the Magpul MS2 sling. I wanted my DD M4 to be an all around rifle so the best choice would be the MS2 sling that can be converted from single point to 2 point.

Old 04-16-2009, 9:32 PM

are you sure that is magpul Moe Grip? looks like a miad to me
BTW, Nice AR
Old 04-17-2009, 4:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducman View Post
are you sure that is magpul Moe Grip? looks like a miad to me
BTW, Nice AR

thanks... yeah it's MOE.. the DDM4 already comes with a nice trigger guard so i don't need a MIAD.
Old 04-17-2009, 7:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRooks View Post
thanks... yeah it's MOE.. the DDM4 already comes with a nice trigger guard so i don't need a MIAD.
The MOE doesnt have the interchangable front/back straps or the finger grove like the A2..

http://www.riflegear.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/383.jpg

Last edited by AdamM; 04-17-2009 at 7:54 AM..
Old 04-17-2009, 12:18 PM

Its a basic MIAD grip, not MOE.
Old 04-17-2009, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamM View Post
The MOE doesnt have the interchangable front/back straps or the finger grove like the A2..

http://www.riflegear.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/383.jpg

i dunno bout you guys.. but it's a MOE.. bought it in rifle gear and i know what a basic MIAD looks like. all my AR'S have MIAD's except for the DDM4..
Old 04-17-2009, 7:15 PM

Quote:
i dunno bout you guys.. but it's a MOE.. bought it in rifle gear and i know what a basic MIAD looks like. all my AR'S have MIAD's except for the DDM4..

K....I don't know about YOU...but you must be retarded/mistaken

the grip in all those pics you posted on the previous page is a MIAD

Old 04-17-2009, 7:20 PM

MOE grip

MIAD grip

YOUR grip

end of argument......

_

Last edited by jlb; 04-17-2009 at 7:24 PM.. Reason: ending tards argument
Old 04-17-2009, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
MOE grip
[
end of argument......

_
i bought it from rifle gear.. well i guess they made a mistake.. lol

and BTW you don't have to call names.. i'm not here to pick a fight..

here's the link form rifle gear.. all i got is just the grip without the basic add ons from the MIAD..

http://riflegear.com/c-37-pistol-grips.aspx

Last edited by JohnnyRooks; 04-17-2009 at 7:58 PM.. Reason: add...
Old 04-17-2009, 8:08 PM

it's fine

no harm intended

just pokin fun...and informing you

sorry...I tend to come off as kind of a d*ck
Old 04-17-2009, 8:09 PM

Quote:
it's fine

no harm intended

just pokin fun...and informing you

sorry...I tend to come off as kind of a d*ck
no worries..
Old 04-17-2009, 8:17 PM

Quote:
i bought it from rifle gear.. well i guess they made a mistake.. lol

and BTW you don't have to call names.. i'm not here to pick a fight..

here's the link form rifle gear.. all i got is just the grip without the basic add ons from the MIAD..

http://riflegear.com/c-37-pistol-grips.aspx
I wish they'd make that mistake with me. Maybe they were out of stock, or just made a mistake, but you got a nicer and more expensive grip out of the whole deal....
Old 04-17-2009, 8:50 PM

Quote:
I was looking for an AR15 that is lightweight and has the reputation of being robust. After flipping the internet and several hours of reading AR15 forums one rifle really caught my attention.
That's a lot of research.
Quote:
DD m4 comes with a regular birdcage flash hider but i'm not that of a fan of it's design. So i opted to replace it with AAC 5.56MM M4-1000 Flash Hider. I have to be honest it's mainly for aesthetics since i have no experience with this type of flash hider, however i heard a lot of good things about it.
Excellent reasoning...
Quote:
The DD M4 already comes with DD Grip. Honestly.. not really fond of it but it kinda grows on me. I install a LARUE FUG but the color did not match that well and it makes the DD M4 bulkier. So the DD Grip stays as it is.
Color did not match! Is the rifle entering a fashion contest? If it works use it...
Quote:
Rail Panel... i have trouble on selecting which rail panels to use. I installed Magpul XTM panels but it just doesn't look right. So i choose Tango Down SCAR rail panel. It's lightweight, very solid and it's thinner compared to the regular Tango Down rail panel.
Again with the looks....
Quote:
I mounted an Eotech 552 and Acog but it doesn't sit right to me. So opted for an Aimpoint Comp M3 for more slick look. Eotech and Acog are good stuff but i wanted my DD m4 to look slick and lightweight so the aimpoint is my choice.
So you chose the Aimpoint, not because it was superior in function, because it "looked" slick? Slow down there high-speed, you are about to break the sound barrier.
Quote:
For the pistol grip... DDm4 comes with a regular pistol grip so i changed to a MAGPUL MOE grip. it already comes with a very nice trigger guard so a Magpul MIAD is not necessary. For some reason i'm a magpul whore. lol
First it is a MIAD as stated repeatedly... Second your a Magpul whore because you think its what people will like on forums like these...
Quote:
Well.. it's a no brainer for me to install a Magpul UBR and use a PMAG magazine. The original DD M4 comes with a regular magpul MOE stock. it's nice really but i wanted a solid based butt stock and can provide balance to the rifle so i opted for a Magpul UBR. It's makes the rifle sexier. lol
Looks win gunfights everyday...
Quote:
I have several slings in my stash but i choose the Magpul MS2 sling. I wanted my DD M4 to be an all around rifle so the best choice would be the MS2 sling that can be converted from single point to 2 point.
Once again I have a strange feeling that your urge to mention you have the highly sought after MS2 sling is why it was chosen. One of the most significant advantages of the MS2 is it's ambidextrous nature when used in conjunction with an ASAP plate, which you are restricted from using with the UBR

I am trying very hard to like your rifle. Aesthetically, it is certainly very pleasing. But I can't help but think you just bought the most "sought after" everything and tossed it all up without even considering how well it will function.
It looks like Larry Vickers and Magpul threw up all over your rifle.
Don't take this as a flame, it is constructive criticism. Maybe I'm talking out of my ***... but this is America and you can do whatever you damn well please.
Just this Marine's two cents.

MANDATORY PICTURE FOR PICTURE THREAD HERE

Old 04-17-2009, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath686 View Post
That's a lot of research.

Excellent reasoning...

Color did not match! Is the rifle entering a fashion contest? If it works use it...

Again with the looks....

So you chose the Aimpoint, not because it was superior in function, because it "looked" slick? Slow down there high-speed, you are about to break the sound barrier.

First it is a MIAD as stated repeatedly... Second your a Magpul whore because you think its what people will like on forums like these...

Looks win gunfights everyday...

Once again I have a strange feeling that your urge to mention you have the highly sought after MS2 sling is why it was chosen. One of the most significant advantages of the MS2 is it's ambidextrous nature when used in conjunction with an ASAP plate, which you are restricted from using with the UBR

I am trying very hard to like your rifle. Aesthetically, it is certainly very pleasing. But I can't help but think you just bought the most "sought after" everything and tossed it all up without even considering how well it will function.
It looks like Larry Vickers and Magpul threw up all over your rifle.
Don't take this as a flame, it is constructive criticism. Maybe I'm talking out of my ***... but this is America and you can do whatever you damn well please.
Just this Marine's two cents.
]
i understand where you coming from and i'm not going to contest what you were saying. some people goes for function and some goes for looks. i am more of a later. i'm just a regular civi who happens to have the affinity of things that goes boom. i don't use my AR's in the harms way nor i have the intention or having plans to do so. my job does not requires me to be high speed. LOL

yeah.. i consider it as a hobby and i would proudly say i go for looks more of function. to each it's own i guess..

nice pix you got there... i think i saw that pix in M4carbine.net in San Jose Magpul Dynamics Class?
Old 04-17-2009, 9:33 PM

This is a bullet button rifle. This isn't a gun you'd take to win a gun fight with. You sound like the type of person that would rag on a guy who buys an Aston Martin AMV8 and tell him he made a bad decision because he could have gotten a Mustang that was cheaper and faster. Give the guy a break. So many people here throw there arms in the air when they see a rifle in a configuration they don't approve of or when someone doesn't know everything about everything-AR, when we should all just be happy that someone else has climbed aboard the OLL train to a town called Incorporation.

Regardless, I'll give you a for your service to our country.
Old 04-17-2009, 9:52 PM

it just seemed as tho he was speaking as tho he knew a lot about the AR platform and the various accessories that are indeed functionally a must have, and that he was speaking from 'experience'....when really he was blabing crap the he read on some forum trying to pass it off as his own findings and experience based knowledge.......he didn't even know what grip he had and he tried to argue the fact which made him look even dumber.....me and the Marine were just givin him a hard time

....cause it's fun

nice lookin rifle..no question there
Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
it just seemed as tho he was speaking as tho he knew a lot about the AR platform and the various accessories that are indeed functionally a must have, and that he was speaking from 'experience'....when really he was blabing crap the he read on some forum trying to pass it off as his own findings and experience based knowledge.......he didn't even know what grip he had and he tried to argue the fact which made him look even dumber.....me and the Marine were just givin him a hard time

....cause it's fun

nice lookin rifle..no question there

since when that a new rule in calguns that states you can't voice out your own opinions? did i say i'm an expert on AR's? i previously stated on my other thread that i'm a noob and i'm just explaining my lay out of my AR15 but i'm not expecting members to believed me. it's my rifle my money and i can do whatever i wanted to it.

so making fun of members and calling names is fun to you? would that makes you a bully? right?

listen guy.. i'm not here to pick a fight.. just go ahead and argue with your own self.. i don't have time to some childish arguments in the net.

Last edited by JohnnyRooks; 04-17-2009 at 10:07 PM..
Old 04-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member

I thought this was a forum for posting pictures of rifles not trying to prove someone wrong about what grip they have at 11PM. Prime reason of why I dont take part in any discussion on this site.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louscamaro91 View Post
I thought this was a forum for posting pictures of rifles not trying to prove someone wrong about what grip they have at 11PM. Prime reason of why I dont take part in any discussion on this site.

for some reason.. some members are just being anal on every little details.

if they don't like something.. they are up in arms and start making it like a pissing contest. LOL
Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member

Default My Ar

20inch bBL
Yh rail
Aimpoint CTR StocK
TaNgo Down FoRwArd GriP

Gi 1911 nothing Special
and Fossil watch

Last edited by louscamaro91; 12-16-2011 at 10:27 AM..
Old 04-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member

Nice lookin rifle dude.

FWIW....JLB is just messin with ya....but words on a screen dont usually convey tone of voice...facial expressions...etc.

I know the guy...he's my friend and I work with him every day.

P.S. - You lucked out on the MIAD grip if they were supposed to come with the MOE. I love my MIAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I didn't miss the bend-over-party every time a friend wanted to get in my back seat. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisO View Post
.......No not a Knights In Satans Service rifle lol.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:21 PM

nice AR and 1911 LC..

at least were back on track..

i think your crane stock is all wrong..

j/k
Old 04-17-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendkill View Post
JLB is just messin with ya....but words on a screen dont usually convey tone of voice...facial expressions...etc.

I know the guy...he's my friend and I work with him every day.

P.S. - You lucked out on the MIAD grip if they were supposed to come with the MOE. I love my MIAD.
at other poeple's expense? not nice..

maybe rifle gear made a mistake.. lol

but one thing that puzzles me is that it does not have an interchangeable back strap or trigger guard. it's all fixed so got me thinking it's a MOE not MIAD. The basic MIAD comes with interchangeable accessories.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member

Default More Dumb Ars

Ar with rail and light and red dot

Bolt Rifle with scope

Last edited by louscamaro91; 12-16-2011 at 10:23 AM..
Old 04-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
at other poeple's expense? not nice..

maybe rifle gear made a mistake.. lol

but one thing that puzzles me is that it does not have an interchangeable back strap or trigger guard. it's all fixed so got me thinking it's a MOE not MIAD. The basic MIAD comes with interchangeable accessories.
Yeah....thats his style....

You sure bout the grip?? It sure looks like it has the backstrap. Is there a roll pin in place??

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I didn't miss the bend-over-party every time a friend wanted to get in my back seat. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisO View Post
.......No not a Knights In Satans Service rifle lol.
Old 04-18-2009, 5:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendkill View Post
Yeah....thats his style....

You sure bout the grip?? It sure looks like it has the backstrap. Is there a roll pin in place??
yep.. 200% sure... and no roll pin.. i dunno..
Old 04-18-2009, 8:31 AM
Veteran Member

ok, i'm going to chime in on this topic. first off this is a picture thread, so please post pictures and stop arguing...

but this is bugging me as much as everyone else here... johnny, your rifle looks awesome. i like gear that you selected and it looks set up nicely but one thing. like everyone else points out, you do have a MIAD and not a MOE grip... like you, i'm a huge fan of magpul. it is clear that whoever sold you a MOE sent you a MIAD instead.

your grip clearly shows the lines for the front and rear straps and the roll pin hole on the rear strap:

this is a MOE, not like yours at all. the MOE does not have these lines, and the back portion of the MOE is all horizontal lines, not texturized like yours is. i also believe that MOE grips have MOE stamped on them on the right side of the grip.:

this is a MIAD, just like yours:

btw, i don't think you realize that your trigger guard is a magpul trigger guard installed by daniel defense. just a bit of info for you to know. ok, now case closed. let's go on to postin' pics instead of arguing.

Last edited by pacrimguru; 04-18-2009 at 8:41 AM..
Old 04-18-2009, 8:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryasian View Post
heres mine

nice set up, i like!
Old 04-18-2009, 8:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrimguru View Post
ok, now case closed. let's go on to postin' pics instead of arguing.
not trying to argue here. i'm just pointing out that i bought a MOE from rifle gear and i guess they send me the wrong one. all the backstrap/trigger is fixed and can't be removed. so i was under the impression it is the MOE.

i'm done and carry on..