Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 12-19-2009, 8:21 PM

Default Merry Chistmas to the Sheepdogs...

To my Brothers and Sisters wearing a badge wherever you are...

I am working Christmas eve as well as Christmas day and wanted to take a moment a wish all of you my best wishes for a wonderful holiday season for you one and all and a safe and Happy New Year!

I, like many of you will be enjoying a tasty Christmas dinner at either Denny's, Coco's, Norm's or heaven forbid Jack 'n the Box...and honestly proud to do so. After all each of us knew what we were signing up for and someone has to be out here. We are all part of something undefinable but greater than us as individuals...

Take a moment to pause and think of those we know who have left our ranks and passed on...and say a silent prayer for them, their familes and if I may...Say a prayer for the men and women serving in our Armed Forces here and in far away places of danger & their loved ones as well. To those of you who have family currently serving a simple thank you is all I can offer but it comes from the heart. In following comments/replies please feel free to list any family member or friend for that matter currently serving...so we can acknowledge their service.

And to my fellow Cal-Gunners my best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year to each of you and your families.

Regards,

Spc4 David M. 3rd Infantry
PFC AJ B. 2nd Infantry currently deployed in Afganistan

101st Airborne/Infantry
Class of '75

Old 12-19-2009, 8:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Merry Christmas
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

Selling a bunch of C&R and other rifles here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...php?p=20061212
Old 12-19-2009, 9:17 PM

I was lucky to have several past Christmas' off. This year I'm working both Christmas Eve and Christmas. I'm sad that I won't see my son come downstairs to see what "Santa" left, but your post sums things up nicely.

I'll see my son on Christmas and that's more than many in our military will be able to do.
Old 12-19-2009, 9:47 PM
Jonathan Doe

I am on-call for callouts for crime scene investigation for the week including the Christmas weekend. Someone has to do it. I don't mind. I was on call last year for Christmas and New Years day. Actually, I volunteered so others can have time off. It was not too bad.

Wish all the LEO's, fire fighters, and military personnel have nice holidays.
Old 12-20-2009, 7:51 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
I'll see my son on Christmas and that's more than many in our military will be able to do.
What a great comment. We sometimes have to keep things in perspective and your sentence certainly does that!! May everyone stay safe over the holidays.

I too will be working Christmas Eve and Christmas day. My kids are grown and live on their own. I do have a special needs stepson who will be home with mom. I'm lucky that I live adjacent to the city I work in so I'll sneak home for a little bit to watch him open his presents. Being a Sgt does have some perks!!

I was scheduled to be off these days but I offered to work so my peer who has youngsters can be home to enjoy the day with his family. Way back when, an 'old timer' did that for me when I had youngsters and I have never forgotten that. The smile on his face when I told him of my plans was priceless!!

TinStarSupply@aol.com

The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazoE
I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.
Old 12-20-2009, 8:31 AM
Calguns Addict

I've never had kids so I always would swap shifts with someone who had kids if I happened to have those days off. Paying it forward is a big part of Christmas,to me.

To all of you who bear the burden now, LEO, soldier, sailor, airman or Marine, and who will be out there while my old, retired backside rests comfortably at home... God bless you, everyone.

Stay safe, stay aware and Merry Christmas.

Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

Quote:
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison
Old 12-20-2009, 8:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Merry Christmas!

CGF Contributor
NRA, CRPA LIFE MEMBER
Beretta, GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), SA-Colt AR15/M16, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger Armorer just for fun!
Old 12-20-2009, 8:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks, working 16 hrs on Christmas. Did a shift swap so a guy with kids could have the day off. Merry Christmas to all of you, and be safe.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

When I first hired on and worked MCJ, I was single. I was scheduled off on a couple of Christmas' and being single and Jewish, I switched with my buddies so they could be with their families.

Once I married a Christian, I didn't do that anymore, but there were many a Christmas and New Years I worked. The last few years on (when I wasn't off recovering from surgeries), I had Mon/Tues off. Sucked during the rest of the year, but it did allow me to have the the day before and the day of each holiday in Dec.

Thank you for those who serve in the military and le who allow another retired guy to also sit on his backside at home, knowing you are keeping us safe.

Please be safe out there and come home to your family!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:54 AM

My partner and my boss both wanted to the overtime this year... kinda nice... I have both christmas eve/christmas and New Years Eve and New Years off...that's going to be nice...Merry Christmas to you all who have to work...and have some fun out there while you are at it... some of my funniest/most humorous arrests have happened on holidays...

example: Christmas eve... we go looking for a juv. with a warrant... she is nowhere to be found.. dad is on probation and high..his probation officer says arrest him.. he gets upset... tells us he can show us where his daughter is hiding... I put him in the back of the patrol car and drive him a coupla blocks to the location...roll down the back window yells out the back window to friend who goes into the house and gets his daughter who comes to the car and starts crying cause I'm 10-15 with pops...I get out of the car and cuff daughter who tries the 148 dance and fails...put her into the car...with her dad.... we pull out to the street where we see a guy apparently tucking a .45 in his waistband whilst riding a bike down the street... do the guns drawn thing and my partners arrest him... turns out he was tucking a large buck pig sticker in his pants to hide it from us... arrest him for 12020...and that was just one of the interesting one...

I hope all your calls are interesting but not interesting in a dangerous way...
Greebo, as a matter of feline pride, would attempt to fight or rape absolutely anything, up to and including a four-horse logging wagon. Ferocious dogs would whine and hide under the stairs when Greebo sauntered down the street. Foxes Kept away from the village. Wolves made a detour. Terry Pratchett
Old 12-22-2009, 8:29 AM
Banned

I would also like to add a big thank you to firefighters and health care workers, that will work 12 to 24 hours away from their families. Unfortunately, sickness and death does not take a holiday.
Old 12-24-2009, 2:37 AM

Spent 9 out of the last 12 Xmas' on duty, both in CONUS and OCONUS, going do it again this year, like a lot of you I really don't mind. I get to have Xmas morning with my family (and little Maddie who doesn't "arrive" until March), then sleep all day for the graveyard shift Xmas night. Hope it will be a peaceful night, its never fun taking people to jail and what not on Xmas, but has to be done sometimes.....

Merry Christmas to all!!
Old 12-24-2009, 7:00 AM

Smile

Merry Christmas to all and be safe brothers.
Old 12-24-2009, 7:10 AM

Merry Christmas to all of my brothers and sisters, stay safe.
Old 12-25-2009, 9:36 AM

Default To All of Californias Finest..

Merry Christmas! Thank you for your service and be SAFE out there...
Old 12-25-2009, 9:43 PM
Veteran Member

I have had Christmas off two years in a row. It is nice to be able to spend time with the family.
NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene