Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 12-13-2017, 5:23 AM
Veteran Member

Reloading a tube magazine in a hurry sucks. Yes SOME people are fast, most people are not. Magazine is the way to go. Now if they really want to make an improvement they need to do the same modification to the Versa Max semi auto.
Old 12-13-2017, 7:01 AM

Can't top off the detachable magazine or switch to specialty round without removing magazine from the gun.
Old 12-13-2017, 8:07 AM
Calguns Addict

I don't like the proprietary magazines. Could have easily made it to accept saiga 12's. The feed lips on the Remington mag look super weak and bendable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Not at all. Trump is a loser and will lose amazingly on Tuesday. It's going to be so big, we are all going to be sick and tired of how much he loses on Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Nah, no sense in replying to the personal attacks/baiting.
Old 12-14-2017, 5:43 PM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

Default Remington's DM

Does anyone know if Remington will be releasing a kit for their detachable mags for people with existing 870s?

Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetguy View Post
I always thought nothing beat a BJ. :shrug:
Old 12-14-2017, 6:35 PM
retired Goon

Currently, it's factory only option.

Modifying existing Remington 870 to use detachable magazines voids the Remington warranty.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 12-14-2017, 7:36 PM

There will be no user installed kit due to the change in the trigger plate assembly and the mounting of the mag well. It may be possible to modify a current 870 but Remington will not sell the parts as they desperately need gun sales to survive. Also, the parts would cost so much you would be better off selling your 870 and buying a DM if that is what you want.
Mossberg LE Armorer
www.aiptactical.com
www.tacticalgunsling.com
If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.
Old 12-14-2017, 9:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

I think this is one sexy mama!!!
Remington 870 DM Predator.jpg
870 DM Predator
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 12-15-2017, 12:43 AM
Veteran Member

Magazine adapter kits have been around for awhile for 870s. I remember seeing companies offer them years ago.

That factory one the OP posted looks pretty cool, especially with the wood. To me it would be something if you already owned a good reliable pump or multiples and just wanted something else to add to the list of range toys play with. It sure would be quicker to load and keep shooting with a mag vs grabbing ammo and loading by hand
Old 12-15-2017, 8:59 AM

Is this DM legal in CA?
Old 12-15-2017, 10:24 AM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
Currently, it's factory only option.

Modifying existing Remington 870 to use detachable magazines voids the Remington warranty.
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aippi View Post
There will be no user installed kit due to the change in the trigger plate assembly and the mounting of the mag well. It may be possible to modify a current 870 but Remington will not sell the parts as they desperately need gun sales to survive. Also, the parts would cost so much you would be better off selling your 870 and buying a DM if that is what you want.
I can appreciate that. I assume, and this is just an assumption here, that I can buy a DM model shotgun, and transfer those necessary parts over to an existing shotgun, without modification, right? I am in the process of an AOW, and would like to consider this for S&G.

Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetguy View Post
I always thought nothing beat a BJ. :shrug:
Old 12-15-2017, 5:21 PM
Veteran Member

How about one that was mag feed and tube feed? Use the mag first, pull the switch and now your tube feed...

Askjng too much?

Happiness is a warm gun
Old 12-16-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfish View Post
How about one that was mag feed and tube feed? Use the mag first, pull the switch and now your tube feed...

Askjng too much?
Guess that would depend on whether the 10-round limit still applies if the count is spread over multiple magazines.

If that's the case, why not go for broke?

Last edited by Dale's Dead Bug; 12-16-2017 at 11:09 AM..